Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

Teens Video Man Drowning And Don't Help

In the final episode of Seinfeld, they all go to prison for this very thing.

Where was Phil Collins ?

He could of written a song about it.

We are focked. This is how parents are to deal with the video.

Five tips for parents

Vicki Panaccione, a Melbourne psychologist who works with children and families, has this advice for parents concerned about the Cocoa case and how their children might be influenced by social media:

• Have a conversation with them about this incident, how they feel about it and what they would have done in a similar circumstance, "rather than lecturing your kids about how wrong or bad it was."

• Talk about what they could do if they wanted to help someone in trouble or in danger, but the friends they're with didn't want to help.

• Set limits on what they can post on social media.

• Discuss with them what they should do if they notice someone being bullied in their school or on social media.

• Instill values in your children at a young age, such as by having them put a quarter in the collection plate at church, bring cookies over to a neighbor or do "random acts of kindness."

Say what you will, but slavery at least proved in no uncertain terms that decent white folks

know that all life - even black life - has a value to it.

these animals? are genetically predisposed to lack the portion of the brain that feels empathy.

It's an evolutionary survival technique - When being chased by a lion, the ones that stopped or

slowed for others - died.

It's the same for stealing; in populations beset with famine, those that had no compunction about

taking other's food and water? survived.

Really, you can't blame these kids any more than you could blame a dog for barking.

- It's genetic predisposition - no matter how contrary to decent societal norms and values.

What did you want them to do? Audio only?

What did you want them to do? Audio only?

Not sure what the audio only part of your post means, but at age 16, I would have known enough to call 911. That would have been first. In reality, there's not much the kids could have done, short of jumping in and swimming towards him. And if you're not a strong swimmer, that can be dangerous for you too. If the audio would have revealed even one of them acting concerned or showing an ounce of compassion, I think perception would be totally opposite. But those ass holes were laughing and mocking him. I hope they never close their eyes again without picturing that poor guy drowning.

Not sure what the audio only part of your post means, but at age 16, I would have known enough to call 911. That would have been first. In reality, there's not much the kids could have done, short of jumping in and swimming towards him. And if you're not a strong swimmer, that can be dangerous for you too. If the audio would have revealed even one of them acting concerned or showing an ounce of compassion, I think perception would be totally opposite. But those ass holes were laughing and mocking him. I hope they never close their eyes again without picturing that poor guy drowning.

Throw him a rope or a pfd?

I can barely swim, but I'd jump in to help the guy.

Then there was a good chance that both of you would have died... Since you aren't a strong swimmer, he would have tried to get on top of you, thus driving you under the water...

Throw him a rope or a pfd?

I'm assuming those things weren't available

Then there was a good chance that both of you would have died... Since you aren't a strong swimmer, he would have tried to get on top of you, thus driving you under the water...

Maybe. I actually helped a girl who panicked in the ocean. She was a good swimmer at some point, but tore her ACL and didn't comply with her rehab exercises. One leg had far less muscle mass than the other.

So we go snorkeling. Mind you, I'm pretty scared of the water, such that I have to fight hyperventilating when I swim. But the fins and mask make it a little easier. Anyway, we get about 50 yards from the boat and she freaks out. Thrashing about and screaming. I'm the only one close by, so I try to help. She was kicking the he!! out of me and almost dunking me beneath the water. Without the fins I'd probably have to push her off to save myself, but thankfully a stronger swimmer saw we were in trouble and was able to get there with a floatation device before she drowned us both.

Still, I don't think I'd sit there and watch a dude drown.

Maybe. I actually helped a girl who panicked in the ocean. She was a good swimmer at some point, but tore her ACL and didn't comply with her rehab exercises. One leg had far less muscle mass than the other.

So we go snorkeling. Mind you, I'm pretty scared of the water, such that I have to fight hyperventilating when I swim. But the fins and mask make it a little easier. Anyway, we get about 50 yards from the boat and she freaks out. Thrashing about and screaming. I'm the only one close by, so I try to help. She was kicking the he!! out of me and almost dunking me beneath the water. Without the fins I'd probably have to push her off to save myself, but thankfully a stronger swimmer saw we were in trouble and was able to get there with a floatation device before she drowned us both.

When someone is in a panic, its hard to help them. I am a very strong swimmer. Had a pool all growing up. Swim team. My mother can barely swim. Once, she fell of the boat, and I went in after her. She was thrashing and clawing. I had to kinda shake her and yell "chill out or i will have to knock you out!" That surprised her enough to drag her ass to the ladder anyway.

Another time she freaked out at the beach. I swear to god the woman would've drowned... in four feet of water. We were like "put your feet down!" She finally did.

You just have to do something. Very few will criticize your particular method of helping as long as you try something.

I know for fact I would be in the water to help. I can swim but would expect any real man to attempt the same.

I'm gonna catch sh!t for this, but the stronger swimmer who ultimately rescued her was a chick.

You tried knowing you weren't a good swimmer. You are a winner in my book regardless.

Any decent HUman would help.

911 man. All they had to do.

Stop filming and call someone..granted maybe wouldnt have saved him but at least pretend like you care.

Maybe don't giggle either

911 man. All they had to do.

Stop filming and call someone..granted maybe wouldnt have saved him but at least pretend like you care.

Maybe don't giggle either

They certainly should have called, but no way they'd get there fast enough. Somebody had to jump in for that guy to have a chance.

They certainly should have called, but no way they'd get there fast enough. Somebody had to jump in for that guy to have a chance.

I wanted to post that exact thing. I didn't know how to say it since I'm a lousy swimmer and would not have jumped in. But if he were to have a chance, somebody would have had to.

Other than call 911, knowing full well that they would have almost surely been too slow to arrive, and aldo not taunt them, I'd have just stood there uselessly. In horror rather than in mirth though.

I wanted to post that exact thing. I didn't know how to say it since I'm a lousy swimmer and would not have jumped in. But if he were to have a chance, somebody would have had to.

Other than call 911, knowing full well that they would have almost surely been too slow to arrive, and aldo not taunt them, I'd have just stood there uselessly. In horror rather than in mirth though.

I really think you'd surprise yourself. Hearing him scream and ahem, flounder, you'd be in the water before you knew it.

I really think you'd surprise yourself. Hearing him scream and ahem, flounder, you'd be in the water before you knew it.

I suppose I could take off my clothes down to my skivvies, walk in up to my neck then gauge the distance between the point from where I can still touch the ground to where the guy is and see how much of a heroic dumbass I fell like.

Breathing is what gets me. I use to be able to swim one length of the pool if I could spend he next ten minutes clutch the side sucking down air for ten minutes. I can backstroke reasonably well. That way, I can breathe better maybe I'd have a glimpse of a longshot of prayer. I've never tried dragging someobody doing that though.

the whole time I'd worry the punks on the beach would run off with my wallet and phone.

My step-sister was at a lake this weekend with fam. Her husband decided with their friend/ my sister's cousin they would try to swim the lake, husband started to come back they saw cousin go under, never came back up and they never had a chance to rescue him. Nearest dive team was a County away and couldn't get there till the next day so they had to leave him in the water overnight.

:(

My step-sister was at a lake this weekend with fam. Her husband decided with their friend/ my sister's cousin they would try to swim the lake, husband started to come back they saw cousin go under, never came back up and they never had a chance to rescue him. Nearest dive team was a County away and couldn't get there till the next day so they had to leave him in the water overnight.

:(

How tragic, close to home, recent, and relevant to this thread. Water is fun but it's easy to overlook/forget how deadly it can be.

My condolences to your extended family. :(