Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Ellitot's appeal likely to be August 29

Way back in time, someone arbitrarily said "18 is an adult" and that mentality has stuck. It's not like a light going on, it's a gradual process. Teenage and early 20's males die an inordinately higher percentage of time in car accidents...why? Because the part of their brain that controls impulsiveness hasn't developed, and sometimes doesn't until well after 25 yrs of age. It's not rental car agencies that started it, it's insurance companies. Scores of actuaries determined the risks associated with insuring young males tapers off after 25 years of age, so they charge the fock out of you during that time (as a dad of 3 teenage sons and a former insurance guy, I know this part all too well). It's also why exponentially more males die from alcohol overdoses, have a lower college graduation rate, and typically don't have the grades in high school or college that females do comparatively. That part of their brain just doesn't mature as quickly.

Exactly.

You can actually rent a car if you're under the age of 25.

Depends on where you are, and which company. I should have some that some (not all) will let you, but many will make you pay an underage driver fee until 25. Some will let an under-25 be an 'additional' driver on the rental without that fee, others charge the fee either way. And some just say no, minimum 25.

Interesting read. I expect someone who is 21 to know to not do what he has I guess. Doesn't get a pass from me regardless of the neuroscience saying he's 4 years shy of not bein a dooshbag.

To the case, the girl seems just as shady as he is. I could see him getting off through appeal.

I teach a lot of kids who are in their early 20s. Many of them are still thinking like 17-18 year olds. Don't get me wrong, it's no guarantee of bad judgment, and plenty of people well over 25 make terrible decisions all the time (raises hand). But the odds are simply much better, for the very same reasons that the odds of an 8 year old making bad decisions are high. The 23 year old will be better at it, but their brain is still developing, just like the 20 year old, just like the 18 year old, 17 year old, 16 year old, etc. 25 seems to be the rough 'magical' age, biologically speaking.

I agree the girl seems shady, and I'm the farthest thing from a victim blamer you'll find. However...my point all along is that the NFL and union better be ready for negative backlash over defending a perceived abuser, like it or not.

Can you all just get over it. The guy is an idiot adult who cant stay out of trouble. He would get fired from walmart if he couldnt play football so well. The thug should just take his short 6 game suspension and clean up his life, then resume his career a real man instead of a punk.

Can you all just get over it. The guy is an idiot adult who cant stay out of trouble. He would get fired from walmart if he couldnt play football so well. The thug should just take his short 6 game suspension and clean up his life, then resume his career a real man instead of a punk.

Here's $5. Go back under your bridge.

Here's $5. Go back under your bridge.

typical response from those who oppress and are without knowledge or wisdom.

So what's happening? Likely to be suspended how many games?

Im betting on a full 6 games. This is a statement suspension. Although could get delayed.

So what's happening? Likely to be suspended how many games?

6 is totally likely but I'm gonna guess 4 games, served next year. He won't serve a single game of it this season, I am 70% sure.

It should be zero games since he has been proven innocent, but hey.

6 is totally likely but I'm gonna guess 4 games, served next year. He won't serve a single game of it this season, I am 70% sure.

It should be zero games since he has been proven innocent, but hey.

innocent of what? do you know why he is suspended?

innocent of what? do you why he is suspended?

Innocent of the accusation that he beat his girlfriend. This has been shown to be a premeditated blackmail attempt by her and has been proven false. The case is closed as far as him being guilty or innocent. The only issue is the league deciding how bad it wants to make a statement against even accusations of domestic violence.

Innocent of the accusation that he beat his girlfriend. This has been shown to be a premeditated blackmail attempt by her and has been proven false. The case is closed as far as him being guilty or innocent. The only issue is the league deciding how bad it wants to make a statement against even accusations of domestic violence.

First of all, the league has the right to suspend a guy who cant stay out of legal trouble. Second of all, the league has the right to suspend a guy who cant stay out of legal trouble.

Oh, and by the way, so do all employers in this country.

First of all, the league has the right to suspend a guy who cant stay out of legal trouble. Second of all, the league has the right to suspend a guy who cant stay out of legal trouble.

Oh, and by the way, so do all employers in this country.

No one is saying to the contrary.

Exactly. Suspend him and guide him to clean up his life. My guess is he wont clean it up.

I am. If you don't live in an at-will state, then employers must demonstrate 'just cause' when terminating an employee. And what counts as just cause will vary wildly from employer to employer (specific contracts make a difference) and also location and nature of the job (in a higher crime area and for a blue collar job, a person getting hit with misdemeanors away from the workplace may very well not count as just cause for termination at all). For a security officer at a bank in a low crime area, the story would be very different.

So yeah, there are a lot of employers in this country who flat out do not have the right to fire someone because that person 'can't stay out of legal trouble' away from the workplace. That's employment law 101.

typical response from those who oppress and are without knowledge or wisdom.

Trolliing troll from a troll who trolls and is without a lack of trolling.

Do better, Francis.

ok seafoaming at the mouth is tilted. Zeke is an idiot, his former gf is a gold digger and Goodell is a showboating jacka$$.

fin

ok seafoaming at the mouth is tilted. Zeke is an idiot, his former gf is a gold digger and Goodell is a showboating jacka$$.

fin

Tilted in what direction? He will be suspended at one point in time. Elliot is and idiot - halfwit - dolt - moron and a thug. He is a typical bad employee. I have been called a racist for thinking he is a bad guy because of all the crap he gets himself into but if he was a white guy people wouldn't be calling me a racist.

Look at this the constant name calling, the calling me a racist, and accusing me of whatever you want to make up and I am just telling what is known as truth and you all are sticking up for a bad guy because of his race. That is racist on your part.

Elliot can not stay out of trouble. He will be suspended and he will get into more trouble.

a person getting hit with misdemeanors away from the workplace may very well not count as just cause for termination at all

Who cares? I'm just saying that Elliot should be suspended.

I teach a lot of kids who are in their early 20s. Many of them are still thinking like 17-18 year olds.

Did you ever think that maybe you are just a bad teacher? At least you admit it by saying your influence on your students are that they are older adults that think like younger adults.

There are always opportunities for career changes in life, but you have to fix your core issues first. And that would be an optimistic view in your case. But don't stop trying dude, Maybe it will work out.

I, like all of you, don't know what happened. We can't know for sure, because we weren't there. Some of what is being presented against her seems damning; however, I could see a world where she was paid off. I think the pulling up of the girls shirt shows disrespect for women. He's been in trouble all over the place. Several of his teammates and former Cowboys have come out and said he has been immature and in trouble. I, nor anyone needs to presume innocent until proven guilty, this is not a court of law, it is opinion. Like OJ or other trials, I think we can look beyond the facts of just the abuse case. His character and other actions make me think it is possible he hit the girl. If he was a clean kid all around and didn't have a history, I would be inclined to completely discredit her (not because of race), but considering he has shown disrespect for women, entitlement, thinking he is special and above the law makes be believe there is a good chance he did it. Its fine to have a different opinion and no one has to agree. No one is crap (or a racist) because they have a different opinion. All sides need to chill w/ the rhetoric. That's a joke.

Who cares? I'm just saying that Elliot should be suspended.

Liar. That's not the only thing you are saying. You clearly made a claim about 'all employers' in the country above. If you can't tell the truth when it's all laid out for anyone to see it, your trolling won't go as well. Liar.

What does this imply? Is this racist?

It implies that you haven't figured out the multiquote button.

Did you ever think that maybe you are just a bad teacher?

Did you ever think?

your trolling won't go

and....

It implies that you haven't figured out the multiquote button.

brotherbock. so your replies are about me trolling (please define because I reply to many threads not about this topic), and you say i don't know how to to use the multiquote button.

Brilliant again.

you are a crap teacher who admits to not being able to help your adult students to act like adults so you attack me. nice....

and instead of trying to figure out how to get your students to become adults at the age of 23, you are on this website acting like a child.

nice.

I, like all of you, don't know what happened. We can't know for sure, because we weren't there. Some of what is being presented against her seems damning; however, I could see a world where she was paid off. I think the pulling up of the girls shirt shows disrespect for women. He's been in trouble all over the place. Several of his teammates and former Cowboys have come out and said he has been immature and in trouble. I, nor anyone needs to presume innocent until proven guilty, this is not a court of law, it is opinion. Like OJ or other trials, I think we can look beyond the facts of just the abuse case. His character and other actions make me think it is possible he hit the girl. If he was a clean kid all around and didn't have a history, I would be inclined to completely discredit her (not because of race), but considering he has shown disrespect for women, entitlement, thinking he is special and above the law makes be believe there is a good chance he did it. Its fine to have a different opinion and no one has to agree. No one is crap (or a racist) because they have a different opinion. All sides need to chill w/ the rhetoric. That's a joke.

I am with you man. I got called a racist multiple times on this site for saying that the NFL has the right and actually should suspend the dude to help him get his life straightened out. This is what obama did to our America but that's where I stop with political talk.

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens after all these drafts have taken place.

We have a new Axe Elf.

No way, there is only one of those guys...let us not forget:

Axe Elf

The elf was entertaining and was clearly just a gag...this seafoam cat is serious, i think he really believes the bunk he's spewing.

brotherbock. so your replies are about me trolling (please define because I reply to many threads not about this topic), and you say i don't know how to to use the multiquote button.

Brilliant again.

you are a crap teacher who admits to not being able to help your adult students to act like adults so you attack me. nice....

and instead of trying to figure out how to get your students to become adults at the age of 23, you are on this website acting like a child.

nice.

I admitted to that? We already know you're a liar, you're proving it again.

Liar.

No way, there is only one of those guys...let us not forget:

Axe Elf

The elf was entertaining and was clearly just a gag...this seafoam cat is serious, i think he really believes the bunk he's spewing.

What's the "bunk" part of my statements? I mean, all I am saying, is that i don't think it is a bad thing for the NFL to suspend Elliot.

That's it.

I admitted to that.

I know. But you should try to improve as a teacher to get your students to act like and actually be adults.

I know. But you should try to improve as a teacher to get your students to act like and actually be adults.

Ah, your class has't gotten to what punctuation means yet, huh?

No dipsh!t left behind.

No dipsh!t left behind.

Ok. I see your approach. I missed a comma. Go ahead and prey on spelling and punctuation when all logic is lost in your argument. And I suppose 'dipshit' is a word in the dictionary that a teacher should be using and is actually not in the dictionary.

Best of all ..... You cut me down for my punctuation by using some non semi-word has"t

What is "has't" if you are going down this path of a grammatical cut down?

And "gotten" huh?

What a dumb-ass you are. No wonder why your students are 23 and acting like 17 (and those are your words not mine).

I am copying and pasting and posting this before you edit and call me a liar again. See below:

No dipsh!t left behind.

Ok. I see your approach. I missed a comma. Go ahead and prey on spelling and punctuation when all logic is lost in your argument. And I suppose 'dipshit' is a word in the dictionary that a teacher should be using and is actually not in the dictionary.

Best of all ..... You cut me down for my punctuation by using some non semi-word has"t

What is "has't" if you are going down this path of a grammatical cut down?

And "gotten" huh?

What a dumb-ass you are. No wonder why your students are 23 and acting like 17 (and those are your words not mine).

I am copying and pasting and posting this before you edit and call me a liar again. See below:

No dipsh!t left behind.

Holy crap brotherbock. I believe you just got schooled by seafoam1. haaha. Sorry to laugh, but it seems appropriate under the circumstances. A school teacher cutting someone down for their punctuation and in the message you misspelled some words and used questionable English. Holy-moli dude, How did you get through high school and actually get a job?. Both in logic and grammar you suck....... Hahahahahah. Sorry dude. But this is funny.

enough with the slap fight.

the debate was fine. calling names, taking offense and flame wars belong in the geek club.

take it to PMs or to the other bored before this thread gets locked.

opinions are not facts. getting pist on the internet about someone's opinion differing from yours is a poor use of your valuable time.

speaking from experience here.

She has been caught red handed plotting to conspire and blackmail. There is now testimony and pictures refuting the time that she says she was beaten. It's open and shut right there but I'll continue. Why press it if there is no evidence? Because the league can't be seen as soft on domestic violence. She had her friend beat her up and accuse Elliot in an attempt to extort him because she knows this. The league has to crack down if there is even a whiff of man on woman violence or the public opinion becomes negative. Evidemce and proof don't matter to the NFL, perception and public opinion do.

I get the general distrust for Goodell by the players and the fans, But let's not forget that the owners love him (outside of Bob Kraft) and just gave him a huge raise. Jerry Jones is no doubt one of the most influential owners in the league. I'm not advocating that Goodell and the NFL are in the right here, but I can't see how Goodell keeps his bosses happy (owners) by willy-nilly suspending players on a whim, especially when it's Jerry Jones' team and especially when that team is in superbowl contention. I've got no doubt that in this instance zeke, to some degree was being extorted, but I'm not sure if that arose from legitimate claims on the alleged victims part or a total fraudulent setup. Regardless I have a hard time connecting the dots where Goodell, a defacto employee of Jerry Jones, suspends his 2nd most important player on a superbowl contending team just for public image sake.

Landry got accused. He's guilty before getting to say anything. Six game suspension coming on down the line. Oh wait, it will take Goedell a year to figure out that is what his league's rules call for.

This is all so stupid. We just want to know if he is going to play. Right or wrong, best for the league, the rules were followed or broken, I don't care. Just figure out if he's going to play and announce it already. So, the rest of us can act accordingly.

I truly hate Goodell.

It's like the league is still scrambling to "do right" in the eye of public opinion after the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy fiascos.

I don't know what happened, I wasn't there, but charges weren't pressed. I don't know if the accuser was trying to blackmail him. I do know he likes to party and there is video of him lifting a girl's top up at a party.

The league "believes" EE injured his girlfriend. Is there any proof, or did Goodell consult a psychic?

I just can't see suspending someone for six games when he wasn't charged with a crime. Maybe two to send him a message that he needs to clean up his act, and put on notice that the next suspension might put him in serious jeopardy.

Also, Goodell needs to get off his high horse and reinstate Josh Gordon. The Browns could actually be an interesting team this year.

It's like the league is still scrambling to "do right" in the eye of public opinion after the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy fiascos.

I don't know what happened, I wasn't there, but charges weren't pressed. I don't know if the accuser was trying to blackmail him. I do know he likes to party and there is video of him lifting a girl's top up at a party.

The league "believes" EE injured his girlfriend. Is there any proof, or did Goodell consult a psychic?

I just can't see suspending someone for six games when he wasn't charged with a crime. Maybe two to send him a message that he needs to clean up his act, and put on notice that the next suspension might put him in serious jeopardy.

Also, Goodell needs to get off his high horse and reinstate Josh Gordon. The Browns could actually be an interesting team this year.

Valid points but a player doesn't actually have to be charged with a crime in order for the league to suspend them. This is where people keep mixing the two. The legal system and the NFL need to be thought of completely differently. Just ignore the legal system when thinking about how the NFL handles cases like this.

Valid points but a player doesn't actually have to be charged with a crime in order for the league to suspend them. This is where people keep mixing the two. The legal system and the NFL need to be thought of completely differently. Just ignore the legal system when thinking about how the NFL handles cases like this.

The court of Goodell rules the league!

When did the NFLPA hand their collective genitalia to Goodell?

fin

:first:

This is exactly the truth...

I think most people who judge the actions of the NFL think of that league as some social program put in place by the government, rather than a very successful business. I imagine Elliot would be suspended from most of the companies that people who play fantasy football here work for, and then you all would say (if he is your co-worker) that he's an idiot for putting himself in those situations and got fired or suspended from his financial analyst role (or whatever) in that company.

It's crazy to say, oh, he's just a kid.... kids will be kids....

Honestly, for most of you that actually have jobs where you make 100,000k +, don't you actually take it very seriously on how you represent yourself and your company in your daily life? I sure do.