Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

who starts in Cinci at RB

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/128526/jeremy-hill-exits-bengals-preseason-game-with-ankle-injury.php

Looks like Hill hurt his ankle.

if it keeps him out, Mixon may get a quick path to the starting roll sooner than expected.

If Hill does miss time it's good news for those that own Mixon.

But I see a three way RBBC.

It doesn't sound serious. Hill probably gets the start, but it's a full blown RBBC and the offensive line looks bad. I'm passing hard on all three.

• Like 1

I'm holding onto Mixon, esp. down the stretch this season when, I bet, Cincy will want to give him more experience. They'll be out of playoff contention and Mixon will likely be the main back. Just a hunch.

I have Hill (see signature), but Jamal Charles is a free-agent....given my RB depth, is it worth keeping Hill at all ??

I'm glad I was able to avoid Mixon. (As a human being and in fantasy football.) Marv avoids a feature back like he's allergic to them, and he seems to think Jeremy Hill is 'going to be great' any day now. Plus Gio keeps taking snaps from everyone. Not a good situation, regardless of how they are winning or losing.

I have Hill (see signature), but Jamal Charles is a free-agent....given my RB depth, is it worth keeping Hill at all ??

As long as Hill is listed at #1 on the Cinci depth chart you should keep him.

If they drop him to #2, I'd think about it, but I wouldnt make a move until Mixon starts and is successful.

if Mixon starts and flops, they'll go back to Hill in a hurry I think.

your WRs are pretty weak so I'd offer up a 2 for 1 of Hill plus one of your WRs for a better WR.

something like Diggs + Hill for Kelvin Benjamin or someone in that tier, would make a big difference.

then you get your roster spot open to pick up Charles.

your WRs are pretty weak so I'd offer up a 2 for 1 of Hill plus one of your WRs for a better WR.

something like Diggs + Hill for Kelvin Benjamin or someone in that tier, would make a big difference.

then you get your roster spot open to pick up Charles.

you are assuming that people will be willing to pay for Hill.

I would not.

but if he was on my team, I would hold until his status (starting or not) is known.

Grab Mixon now and enjoy your championships!

or try to trade for Mixon after week 3 or so, if original owner is getting frustrated with the 3 headed rotation that got them off to a bad start, and is ready to cut bait.

not a guy to reach for just yet.

It was bad enough the past two seasons with what seemed like a 50/50 split.

As for Mixon, I'm selling. I don't understand the hype.

I'm buying the hype, but I said it back sometime after the draft, I don't trust the Bengals staff to do the right thing.

As for his hype I'm buying, if he indeed becomes the true rb1 on the Bengals in ppr he would be a rb1.

Mixon (and Dalvin Cook) had fumble issues in college. His fumble rate was really bad, like bottom 20% of college backs. The fumble last week may just be a blip but it could also be an indicator. A few fumbles in the regular season could limit Mixon to change of pace to the change of pace Bernard. I have no doubt Mixon/Bernard is the best formula for success in Cincy and if that happens I think Mixon will be a fringe RB1. I'm less confident it will happen. Lewis trusts Hill. That's hard to break.

Mixon (and Dalvin Cook) had fumble issues in college. His fumble rate was really bad, like bottom 20% of college backs. The fumble last week may just be a blip but it could also be an indicator. A few fumbles in the regular season could limit Mixon to change of pace to the change of pace Bernard. I have no doubt Mixon/Bernard is the best formula for success in Cincy and if that happens I think Mixon will be a fringe RB1. I'm less confident it will happen. Lewis trusts Hill. That's hard to break.

The fumble last week wasn't due to collision. Flukey handoff fumble.

Having one guy on your team play well does not = championship. I know what you mean, it's just a FF pet peeve saying.

Lewis trusts Hill. That's hard to break.

Not entirely sure if he should. Hill didn't have a single fumble last year, I think, but he had three the year before that and led all RBs in fumbles in 2014. Is one season enough to earn absolute trust? We'll see.

Not entirely sure if he should. Hill didn't have a single fumble last year, I think, but he had three the year before that and led all RBs in fumbles in 2014. Is one season enough to earn absolute trust? We'll see.

I think its pretty safe to say that you don't draft a PR nightmare like Mixon in the 2nd rd if you have absolute trust in your current RB.

Hill may technically be the starter today, but it's very thin at best.

I think its pretty safe to say that you don't draft a PR nightmare like Mixon in the 2nd rd if you have absolute trust in your current RB.

Hill may technically be the starter today, but it's very thin at best.

That's been my thinking. As ready to embrace 'danger' as the Bengals have always been, there'd still have to be a real need to go with a guy who's on video around the world obliterating some poor college girl like he was in the UFC.

I thought punching a girl out was a badge of honor if you're a Bengal, like volunteerism and fundraising in some other cities?

Having one guy on your team play well does not = championship. I know what you mean, it's just a FF pet peeve saying.

Unless you have Stephen Davis.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if hill starts. I firmly believe Mixon out touches him every week. If he gets 15-20 that's the guy you want and you don't worry about it.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if hill starts. I firmly believe Mixon out touches him every week. If he gets 15-20 that's the guy you want and you don't worry about it.

My worry would be (I own neither) that the combo of Mixon and Gio out-touches Hill each week. But that doesn't mean Mixon himself will. I don't see that they will suddenly exclude Gio from the gameplan.

I watched Mixon in the preseason games. I didn't see any wow factor whatsever. He was just a guy. Now, he didn't suck, but with the hype I was expecting to see someone light years ahead of Hill and Gio, but I don't think he is. Plus, Coach Lewis can never make up his mind about who he wants to use.

Hard pass.

I saw the exchange, and I'd blame Dalton for that one.

he let go of the ball before it reached it's intended target (Mixons gut) and it was wobbling before he tried to grab it.

I do agree fumbling has been an issue for Mixon and it concerns me, but this particular fumble I wouldnt blame on him.

I watched Mixon in the preseason games. I didn't see any wow factor whatsever. He was just a guy. Now, he didn't suck, but with the hype I was expecting to see someone light years ahead of Hill and Gio, but I don't think he is. Plus, Coach Lewis can never make up his mind about who he wants to use.

Hard pass.

He looked pretty good to me. Pretty elusive for a big guy. and FAST.