Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Brady/Belichick Feud?

if cooks is a bust, julio jones does not belong in the league

They didn't trade for Julio. And yeah, Julio is a bust most games. That's the book on him. Cooks-Bust. You can tell by how the Saints are doing without him after they got rid of him.

They didn't trade for Julio. And yeah, Julio is a bust most games. That's the book on him. Cooks-Bust. You can tell by how the Saints are doing without him after they got rid of him.

yeah he's killed the pats, big drop off.

:lol:

yeah he's killed the pats, big drop off.

:lol:

Again, cake walk schedule. But you be sure and run back in here when he goes off against the Mighty Titans.

Again, cake walk schedule. But you be sure and run back in here when he goes off against the Mighty Titans.

not a true cake walk if they didnt get the NFC east.

Cooks has done exactly what New England wanted from him. A deep threat that loosens up the defense. Brees threw for less yards this year than he has since 2005. New Orleans is doing well because their defense improved and their running game improved. Good trades can benefit both teams.

Played 7 games against Playoff teams.

Wow HT taking an ass whooping and showing his mental retardation at the same time lol

• Like 1

Played 7 games against Playoff teams.

We're counting Buffalo now? Ok. 3-2 vs the rest. And the Pitt game was one of them that a stupid call bailed them out on. Now the Titans. Best of luck.

I take back everything I said about TB12

“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.’”

(@tombrady) on Jan 8, 2018 at 7:01am PST

Tennessee, BEWARE :mad:

There probably was a meeting between Kraft and Belichick where the QB position was discussed and they both realized there was NO FOCKING WAY they were keeping both TB and JG past the end of the season. Brady is still looking good, and is a fan icon, so Jimmy needs to go now if they are going to get anything for him. That's all that had to happen for events to unfold like they have. No demands from Brady or mandates from Kraft, or hurt feelings from Bill.

I'm sure Brady is upset over not being Patriot of the Week though. :thumbsup:

Lets see, if these choices were put in front of Belichick:

- great qb with maybe one year left, already playing far better than anyone ever has at is advanced age

or

- potentially franchise qb with 10-15 good years in him

Which one do you think he chooses?

Take sentimentality out of it, because its Belichick.

No focking way he (or really any sane observer) takes route 1.

And yet thats what happened.

It sure wasnt Belichick who made the call.

this is the biggest mistake I think everyone is making when evaluating the situation.

Want to understand why/how things happened? Treat Brady, JG, Kraft, and BB like human beings that work together and like/respect on another.

And assume that Kraft can't just pay 2 QBs starting QB money ($25mil or so).

And you end up with Brady getting confirmation and loyalty from the franchise he's been a loyal cornerstone to.

And you get JG going to a good place for him - a place where he can finally get the opportunity he deserves.

If there no semtimentality with BB, he doesn't call SF... he doesn't care who the coach is or where JG goes.

Lets see, if these choices were put in front of Belichick:

- great qb with maybe one year left, already playing far better than anyone ever has at is advanced age

or

- potentially franchise qb with 10-15 good years in him

Which one do you think he chooses?

No focking way he (or really any sane observer) takes route 1.

And yet thats what happened.

It sure wasnt Belichick who made the call.

So he was going to cut or trade Brady coming off maybe the single greatest QB performance in Super Bowl history - the one where pretty much everyone finally conceded that he had cemented himself as the GOAT - because he's Bill Belichick? I'm sorry but I think that's silly.

So he was going to cut or trade Brady coming off maybe the single greatest QB performance in Super Bowl history - the one where pretty much everyone finally conceded that he had cemented himself as the GOAT - because he's Bill Belichick? I'm sorry but I think that's silly.

No, after this year. He was gonna trade him and sign Jimmy G long term.

Which wouldve been the smart thing to do.

Still had Giarapolos rights for another year? What's the compensation if someone else signs him if he's tendered?

I said this last year, 2018 offseason, would be the time to trade brady and move on.

but NOOOOOOOOOO Tommy had to throw a fit

maybe.

And you know Kraft can't allow Tom Brady to be traded anymore than the Bruins should have allowed Bobby Orr to be traded.

If Brady had a down year? Then maybe... but once again, the injuries have piled up, Brady is an MVP candidate, and NE is marching to a title.

Still had Giarapolos rights for another year? What's the compensation if someone else signs him if he's tendered?

if they slap the franchise tag on him, he still has to sign it right, or he can't be traded?

maybe.

And you know Kraft can't allow Tom Brady to be traded anymore than the Bruins should have allowed Bobby Orr to be traded.

this is insanity.

Kraft is an idiot, if this is true.

Too bad Tom focked it all up and played at an All-Pro, top-seed level which made trading him pretty unthinkable, and since keeping them both is pretty much impossible, Bill was forced to get what he could at the 11th hour. :dunno:

this is insanity.

Kraft is an idiot, if this is true.

it's not like Brady hasn't played great this year.

And Brady has certainly renegotiated his contract multiple times over the years to help Kraft's budget.

Kraft could only move on from Brady if Brady was playing poorly - the ideal situation is for Brady to retire as a Patriot - I don't think that's debatable - I don't think it's wrong for either Kraft or Brady to want it to work out that way.

Too bad Tom focked it all up and played at an All-Pro, top-seed level which made trading him pretty unthinkable, and since keeping them both is pretty much impossible, Bill was forced to get what he could at the 11th hour. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

your as football dumb as kraft.

sometimes you have to do the difficult thing and trading Brady at the top, would have landed them plenty.

he's not playing forever.

how long ed? how long is he playing for?

And keep in mind, you're talking about trading the still high-performing icon of the franchise to keep a guy that had 2 games under his belt. This whole thing has only amped up b/c JG won 5 games... so now you can second guess... but nobody had that information.

You don't like the Orr comparison? How about Babe Ruth? Kraft didn't want to be the guy that traded Ruth.

your as football dumb as kraft.

sometimes you have to do the difficult thing and trading Brady at the top, would have landed them plenty.

He's not playing forever, but he was playing too well to cut bait when the decision had to be made. I know it's fun to sit here and talk all confidently about this sh!t on a fantasy football site, but those guys are working in a little something called "reality". :rolleyes:

did you cry when BB traded Seymour? cut Milloy? Released Law?

When it comes to drafting and trading draft picks you can question BB.

you can never question him when it comes to trading/releasing players before it's too late.

• Like 1

He's not playing forever, but he was playing too well to cut bait when the decision had to be made. I know it's fun to sit here and talk all confidently about this sh!t on a fantasy football site, but those guys are working in a little something called "reality". :rolleyes:

the season isn't even over for christ sakes.

lets see where we are in March and see how the season ends.

the decision didn't have to be made 8 weeks ago.

It was made because Tommy whined and Kraft said so. For no other reason.

did you cry when BB traded Seymour? cut Milloy? Released Law?

When it comes to drafting and trading draft picks you can question BB.

you can never question him when it comes to trading/releasing players before it's too late.

A first and a third for Cooks isn't looking so hot right now.

the season isn't even over for christ sakes.

lets see where we are in March and see how the season ends.

the decision didn't have to be made 8 weeks ago.

It was made because Tommy whined and Kraft said so. For no other reason.

There's something called the trade deadline. Maybe you've heard of it? The season wasn't over but the window for getting anything for Garoppolo was, and there was no way they were keeping both of them past the end of this season.

I think they had something with NO to trade them Butler for a 1st rounder, but it fell through

There's something called the trade deadline. Maybe you've heard of it? The season wasn't over but the window for getting anything for Garoppolo was, and there was no way they were keeping both of them past the end of this season.

so Brady didn't go to Kraft and whine about Jimmy G?

You don't know that. They held his rights for another year.

You don't know that. They held his rights for another year.

yup. 2 years if they wanted to pay 50+ million

If they didn't trade Garoppolo during the season, he would still have 2 games under his belt and you want to bet the farm on him and trade Brady? :crazy:

Lol. No Edelman, no Mitchell, no Hogan for 7 games and counting. Yet somehow they're the #1 seed and #2 passing offense. Bringing in Cooks probably saved their season.

If they didn't trade Garoppolo during the season, he would still have 2 games under his belt and you want to bet the farm on him and trade Brady? :crazy:

With Brady potentially coming off back to back Super Bowl victories. :thumbsup:

we don't even know how the season will end.

why are we speculating? you seem to think they are a lock to win it all

last 5 weeks tells me, maybe Brady could spit the bit in a big game? Maybe? impossible?