Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Brady/Belichick Feud?

With Brady potentially coming off back to back Super Bowl victories. :thumbsup:

and there it is :rolleyes:

yup. 2 years if they wanted to pay 50+ million

You have to think his rights had more value on the off season open market than at a self imposed in season deadline.

and there it is :rolleyes:

There what is? I didn't say it's going to happen, I said the potential is there. Which would make it that much more unthinkable to trade him to start a guy with two games under his belt. Instead Garoppolo walks for nothing - since they aren't going to pay him $25 mill to sit on the bench - and yutzes like you would then be b!tching just as loud because they got nothing for him. :rolleyes:

This trade Brady talk is crazy talk. They still have a chance to win multiple more superbowls before he retires. No one knows if JG would have given them the same chance. Most franchises would love the opportunity to just win one superbowl over the number of years he has left. How did it work out for Indy letting Peyton go? Not saying they would have won another SB if he'd stayed but they decided to cut bait and go all in on Luck and that hasn't worked out that well. If you have an all time great you ride them as long as you can.

• Like 1

There what is? I didn't say it's going to happen, I said the potential is there. Which would make it that much more unthinkable to trade him to start a guy with two games under his belt. Instead Garoppolo walks for nothing - since they aren't going to pay him $25 mill to sit on the bench - and yutzes like you would then be b!tching just as loud because they got nothing for him. :rolleyes:

But couldn't they sign and trade him? I don't know their cap situation, but I would think a few things could be moved around to have him temporarily on the roster at the big price.

But couldn't they sign and trade him? I don't know their cap situation, but I would think a few things could be moved around to have him temporarily on the roster at the big price.

The story says they offered him $17-18 million per, at least unofficially, and were shot down.

This trade Brady talk is crazy talk. They still have a chance to win multiple more superbowls before he retires. No one knows if JG would have given them the same chance. Most franchises would love the opportunity to just win one superbowl over the number of years he has left. How did it work out for Indy letting Peyton go? Not saying they would have won another SB if he'd stayed but they decided to cut bait and go all in on Luck and that hasn't worked out that well. If you have an all time great you ride them as long as you can.

common sense

we don't even know how the season will end.

why are we speculating? you seem to think they are a lock to win it all

last 5 weeks tells me, maybe Brady could spit the bit in a big game? Maybe? impossible?

My point is that their season could be done and you might have not seen anymore of Garoppolo. Then you have to tie up $24m in cap space that you don't have just to see if you could trade him or Brady. It wouldn't work.

That is it. You don't know their cap situation. I outlined it earlier. They have $17m in cap space with several key spots to fill. Jimmy held all the cards if they wanted to sign and trade him. He was going to make them tag him first giving him all the leverage and forcing them to cut some guys to fit his tag number. Not viable

That is it. You don't know their cap situation. I outlined it earlier. They have $17m in cap space with several key spots to fill. Jimmy held all the cards if they wanted to sign and trade him. He was going to make them tag him first giving him all the leverage and forcing them to cut some guys to fit his tag number. Not viable

Nah. There was a way around it. There always is.

Does BB have a clause in his contract that he gets entire control of the 53 man roster.

Did Kraft breach the contract?

Does BB have a clause in his contract that he gets entire control of the 53 man roster.

Did Kraft breach the contract?

Not likely a clause in the contract, although no one has even seen it. However, the big question is how much you want to believe the report.

Just yesterday, ESPN "updated" the report to indicate that Belichick and Goodell did not meet last week as was indicated in one of the gems of the Wickersham report. They changed the story to indicated that they had met last season after Belichick had said that he had not even spoken to Goodell since seeing him in Mexico City on the field for the Oakland game. :lol:

Not likely a clause in the contract, although no one has even seen it. However, the big question is how much you want to believe the report.

Just yesterday, ESPN "updated" the report to indicate that Belichick and Goodell did not meet last week as was indicated in one of the gems of the Wickersham report. They changed the story to indicated that they had met last season after Belichick had said that he had not even spoken to Goodell since seeing him in Mexico City on the field for the Oakland game. :lol:

you must admit, something happened. BB didn't wake up and just decide to ban the snake oil salesman, for no reason.

"we're on to Tennessee"

Hopefully on to Minnisotah

you must admit, something happened. BB didn't wake up and just decide to ban the snake oil salesman, for no reason.

What happened was reported in several other places. Guererro was telling people under his care that, if there was any conflict between what the trainers were saying and what he was saying, they should ignore the training staff and listen to him. That will not fly in any situation and, at that point, Guererro was told to stay away from the players while on Patriots property. My guess is that BB also told all of his players that, if there is a conflict, they should listen to his staff and not Guererro. Doing otherwise will be treated as conduct detrimental resulting in suspension, firing with cause, or whatever BB decides at that time.

What happened was reported in several other places. Guererro was telling people under his care that, if there was any conflict between what the trainers were saying and what he was saying, they should ignore the training staff and listen to him. That will not fly in any situation and, at that point, Guererro was told to stay away from the players while on Patriots property. My guess is that BB also told all of his players that, if there is a conflict, they should listen to his staff and not Guererro. Doing otherwise will be treated as conduct detrimental resulting in suspension, firing with cause, or whatever BB decides at that time.

BB and Kraft didn't have a meeting, or even a talk about TB/JG?

BB and Kraft didn't have a meeting, or even a talk about TB/JG?

That is a different issue. You are all over the place in topics.

I have no doubt that BB and Kraft talked about it. Kraft even said so. The dispute is whether Kraft told BB to trade JG. It is perfectly reasonable that they each provided their opinion on what should be done and that the trade happened with Kraft's blessing. I doubt that either was happy with what they got and having to make the trade in the first place.

Amendola was right in taking the money. Same with Solder. Dion Lewis is not exactly a HOF guy and he is hitting what is probably his last contract.

Of course, the reason that Amendola took less money after his original contract was because he did not live up to his end of the contract and they were going to cut him when he did not have a market. He forgets that.

Some of these players are going to see that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Why did Deion Branch come back? More recently, why did Aqib Talib of all people want to come back?

This is a business and we can go back to the country club atmosphere that happens in other locations by putting in another coach. Are we ready for what that will look like? I am not.

As long as the AFC east stays the way it is its all going to work out up in New England. Their problem is when they get outside the cozy confines and a team that doesn't have a moron for a coach is waiting for them. No way they win their last two Super Bowls but for all time boners by the other coaches. Most fortunate franchise in history

Brady is not happy with BB, same with Gronk.

The end is nigh for all 3 if you ask me

Brady is not happy with BB, same with Gronk.

The end is nigh for all 3 if you ask me

So, you mean to tell me that the end is coming close for:

- a coach who is 66 and has nothing more to prove in the NFL?

- a QB who is 41 and has nothing more to prove in the NFL?

- a TE who has other options outside of football and has been a walking cyborg for the last 8 years?

You are a regular Nostradumbass. :lol:

So, you mean to tell me that the end is coming close for:

- a coach who is 66 and has nothing more to prove in the NFL?

- a QB who is 41 and has nothing more to prove in the NFL?

- a TE who has other options outside of football and has been a walking cyborg for the last 8 years?

You are a regular Nostradumbass. :lol:

That's why he traded Jimmy G :lol: :wacko:

That's why he traded Jimmy G :lol: :wacko:

Holy crap, we have been through this before - ad nauseam. He traded Garropolo to get something for him because he knew that he was not going to be able to re-sign the kid while Brady was still there.

Guess what? He traded Cooks because he knew that he couldn't re-sign him either.

Just keep listening to the fellowship of the miserable and call-in there.

BB can do no wrong. Got it

Ho hum another AFC championship game guaranteed.

Nailed it

i heard the whole thing was about stolen uggs and someone not wiping down the massage table.

Nothing to see here, right?

still all fake news!!

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/complexity-rob-gronkowski-situation-reflects-bigger-issues-facing-new-england-patriots

also. this is fake news. he's just mad he didn't he didn't get paid

I think the dolt lost his hold on some of them with how he treated Malcolm butler which ultimately may have cost them the title. He went way too far and it sorta broke the spell

Yawn

Im tired of it... I have no more bandwidth for All Things Patriots. From they hate their coach to Guerrero-Gate and everything in between.

Nearly 20 years of it and I no longer have any interest in the Sports Radio hot takes and all the controversy (real or manufactured).

I think the dolt lost his hold on some of them with how he treated Malcolm butler which ultimately may have cost them the title. He went way too far and it sorta broke the spell

:thumbsup:

It was a good run.

:thumbsup:

Greatest ever, especially assuming the era they did it in.

It's amazing Brady and Belichick's egos were able to coexist all this time.

Here's to winning another Superbowl this year and calling it quits :cheers:

Eagles beat the Pats so bad they ended their dynasty. :pointstosky: