Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

*** Official 90's Song Draft Sign Up Thread ***

I'm going 7 rounds of what I want for the voting and then 8 rounds of what I think are either personal favs or era defining

Prob don't have to worry about a single band of my last 8 being picked

I'm going to put them all in a hat and let Joseph Smith tell me what God says to pick.

I'm going to put them all in a hat and let Joseph Smith tell me what God says to pick.

Do you have to wear that special underwear to do that?

You know not what you ask for. They were getting ready to replace me with gfiafp

I thought we did.

:wave:

I thought we did.

:wave:

LMAO. I don't think even he could have hit 600 posts. I said before I've been here for 17 years that that one thread contains 5% of my TEK posts. But I did save all those people at Woodstock. Now you know why I have so many alias'. If people knew how much I really posted I would be banned to FBG.

Im figuring if my strategy is to

try to pick songs to get votes? (Fock that...obviously Im not here to impress anyone)

pick songs that just scream 90s...good and bad?

pick my playlist of the 90s...like what I listened to?

Probably a mix of the last two or a mix around...First of rounds just go with what best represemted the decade and the best of it...after that more of my playlist in the middle rounds. Later rounds pick up those steals I see still left on the board.

And try like hell to proofread a bit before I post asmy typing is often rushed and terrible in mobile.

It's a draft. I figured the idea was to get as many iconic songs from the decade as possible. At least that was how I started with the 70's. Studs/starters in the first couple of rounds, back ups in the middle rounds and sleepers in the last couple of rounds.

That strategy quickly went out the window when songs started flying off the board.

So by round 3 I just started picking songs I liked from when I was a kid hearing them on the radio. Or songs I've heard since then that remind me of that time.

I need to get my drink on tonight to get the alcohol courage to sign up for this draft. :cheers:

I need to get my drink on tonight to get the alcohol courage to sign up for this draft. :cheers:

Im deciding if Im going to have a couple tonight just to prepare my body for tomorrow.

Haha yeah. Im definitely more pumped for the 60s draft but Im still gonna do this one cuz Ill be :( if Im not involved

You guys ho dwaft at sh1tty wok I give good deo. Bucket of Budliser or Coals. Five dorrer.

Why no takey? Good deo. I offer to 60s dwaft But day just want sit in woods and Smokey lackey tobackey. No good. Sux get stoned and forget make picky. You come sh1tty wok. Throw in egg row fo flee.

Im figuring if my strategy is to

try to pick songs to get votes? (Fock that...obviously Im not here to impress anyone)

pick songs that just scream 90s...good and bad?

pick my playlist of the 90s...like what I listened to?

Probably a mix of the last two or a mix around...First of rounds just go with what best represemted the decade and the best of it...after that more of my playlist in the middle rounds. Later rounds pick up those steals I see still left on the board.

And try like hell to proofread a bit before I post asmy typing is often rushed and terrible in mobile.

You're at a major disadvantage since your username is Sho Nuff, Half the board won't vote for you under any circumstance. Pick what you like and don't mind when the voting comes if you don't get many.

in

No offense but (insert offense...) you were pretty kunty in your lack of availability and commitment last draft. Are you going to be more available and pay more attention this time around? :dunno:

No offense but (insert offense...) you were pretty kunty in your lack of availability and commitment last draft. Are you going to be more available and pay more attention this time around? :dunno:

Sux good guy. No he fault. He got to work and phone leception on Horrywood and Vine no good. And colored girls go doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo.

Sux good guy. No he fault. He got to work and phone leception on Horrywood and Vine no good. And colored girls go doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo.

Walk on the Wild Side was my biggest surprise of not being selected in the 70s draft. I had it on my list but was never a huge Lou Reed fan, but man that song is so iconic... :cheers:

Walk on the Wild Side was my biggest surprise of not being selected in the 70s draft. I had it on my list but was never a huge Lou Reed fan, but man that song is so iconic... :cheers:

Same. Met Sweet Lou once. Good dude.

Just started a Glenlivet Founder's Reserve; name sounds more expensive than it is - list price $35, got it for $25 at Wine and More. Quite good and smooth, worth a try for a session scotch. :cheers:

Im deciding if Im going to have a couple tonight just to prepare my body for tomorrow.

Well, duh. Luck favors the prepared. :)

Guess who's on the same plane as me right now?

I like satellite of love more

I never cared for walk on the wild side really

I don't think Sux was a problem like Ed was in the 80's. Once his clock ticks we skip. The issue was more that we skipped Cruzer then Chiner on the clock then California on the clock.

Time Zone factors.

I like satellite of love more

I never cared for walk on the wild side really

Sweet Jane

On my rist too. Should have pick instead of War

Guess who's on the same plane as me right now?

Not Lou Reed

:cry:

John Mara

Nice. I wouldn't think he'd fly commercial

Where to ?

Nice. I wouldn't think he'd fly commercial

Where to ?

White Plains. Probably lent his to someone for the Super Bowl.

White Plains.

So then where from (assumed you were flying away not home)

So then where from (assumed you were flying away not home)

West Palm Beach

I almost took that, but the version of it I really like is a cover from the cowboy junkies. Should have taken that version in the 80s draft.

Great version. Should have

West Palm Beach

I’m in Tampa. If you’re ever this way I would love to have a beer or two or three with you.

Im in Tampa. If youre ever this way I would love to have a beer or two or three with you.

So SAM drinks but TEK doesn't ?