Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

Who here is a Double Silverback Joined 1999 -2000

Voltaire

Joined 21-April 02

Members · 33,595 posts

I'd spent 3-4 years at theHuddle before it imploded, then a few month cameo at FBG only to see it wasn't for me as I despised how they ran that board. It was jetdoc that brought me to help set up FFT's entry in the Interboard Challenge. Then I stuck around.

You are an enigma to me. You seem like a normal serious minded decent person. Why you put up with us is beyond me. But I'm glad you do.

:cheers:

Success in sales requires focus.

Forums are a massive distraction.

Definite negative correlation between time spent here and production.

That's why I'll disappear from time to time.

More importantly.

TEK, why do you leave us for such long periods and why are you back this time?

Glad to have you. You've brought humor and much sarcasm the past couple weeks.

Glad to have you back :cheers:

More importantly.

I'm in sales. I was focused on making money. This place takes me away from that. I have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder and find my self spending more time posting than working. So sometimes I have to just stay away to focus on my job. But always end up missing you guys and get sucked back in. All the big wigs are in today so I'll won't be around much.

You are an enigma to me. You seem like a normal serious minded decent person. Why you put up with us is beyond me. But I'm glad you do.

FF was my main hobby and would still be if I weren't boycotting the NFL because of the kneelers and the NFL's response to them.

And because of that, I went looking for a FF site to hang out at online. For 3-4 years it was the #1 FFsite in the google search engine: thehuddle. But then, WW and DMD went and imploded the board. I tried FBG first but the place was awful. The p*ssing match we had there led to me creating the Interboard Challenge League. But I wasn't happy there. I wound up getting banned there for no reason (they'd banned a great poster for a non offense, I'd tactfully said perhaps we should have more discretion before we ban people and for that I got banned) It infuriated me. I'm a a focking adult, I'm not going to willingly subject myself to being moderated by eight year old ninnies.

The second year of IBL, jetdoc wanted FFT to participate in the IBL so I came here to help him out to set up FFT's team, I found the board far superior to FBG, didn't want to pay for the pay huddle, FFT was closer to what thehuddle had been before the mods focked it up, and so I stuck around.

• Like 1

TD Ryan became active in 2000.

TD Ryan2 became active in Aug 2001 after I lost the TD Ryan keys.

this place was a cesspool then... and it still is now.. I love it!

I do think the intelligence level of posters was higher back then... the Internets were still new and the smarterer kids were the early adopters of web forearms, etc.

But today we have a larger posting population and with a wider variety of stupidity, so that's entertaining too.

• Like 1

FF was my main hobby

that's how I found this place... and 18 years ago, I was WAY ahead of my FF league b/c of it.

I do think the intelligence level of posters was higher back then..

100%

TD Ryan became active in 2000.

TD Ryan2 became active in Aug 2001 after I lost the TD Ryan keys.

this place was a cesspool then... and it still is now.. I love it!

I do think the intelligence level of posters was higher back then... the Internets were still new and the smarterer kids were the early adopters of web forearms, etc.

But today we have a larger posting population and with a wider variety of stupidity, so that's entertaining too.

Weren't you like 10 years old or something when you first came here?

nope.

I wish I was... that'd make me pretty young now... I do remember there was a kid that was 10 or a teenager (or something).

Wasn't me though.

I had the mentality of a 10 year old when I started posting here.

My how times have changed. This place really taught me a lot, or at least made me teach myself a lot.

I had bad credit, in debt bigly, no savings, no 401 k, was an immature petulant child. I was like a mini trump

If there was a most improved award, I'd win easy

More importantly.

It just hit me what you guys may be getting at. Yes I went to the board that shall not be mentioned for a short time. They came here and I deluded myself into believing that we could bring them back and be one big family again. They were attacked and saw my dream falling apart and got all butthurt and left with them.

It didn't take long for me to see they were entrenched there. They have a good thing. I wasn't a good fit. Gutter and TK tried to help me fit in. Gutter kept telling me to stop trying to entertain them, but that's who I am. I left after a short stay. Also it was a distraction to my job. I miss them and have nothing but good memories from there.

Take a small group that added me and imagine what they were hit with.

Who posted in: (OFFICIAL) *****70's Music Draft*...

I love those guys, but it just wasn't a good fit.

I was Silverado in 2001. Lost the info. Then have been Kopy from 2002 on.

FFToday is literally, my only source of social media.

This place is my guilty pleasure.

It just hit me what you guys may be getting at.

I wasn't 100% sure you were one of those. I had an inkling.

I don't have a problem with any of those guys in all honesty.

It's when they come back and it feels forced, like they all say "lets troll FFT" that bothers me.

If they'd just come back and be normal, all is well

I wasn't 100% sure you were one of those. I had an inkling.

I don't have a problem with any of those guys in all honesty.

It's when they come back and it feels forced, like they all say "lets troll FFT" that bothers me.

If they'd just come back and be normal, all is well

Like I said, I didn't last long, barely a few months, and that was over a year ago. They are like a family there. Yeah sometimes they troll here, but I look like it as seeing Russell Crowe and him telling you to fock off. You still got to see Russell Crowe.

Like I said, I didn't last long, barely a few months, and that was over a year ago. They are like a family there. Yeah sometimes they troll here, but I look like it as seeing Russell Crowe and him telling you to fock off. You still got to see Russell Crowe.

I'd try to start a fight with him, knowing how easily triggered he is

I remember being on this site on 9/11/2001. Getting info on the attack from posters because most of the news sites were locked up with so many visitors. We had one TV in the office and 100 people were trying to watch it so I was at my desk on the internet. I may have had a different user name or I was on anonymously at first. I joined with my current name shortly after that on 9/25/2001.

Same. Howard Stern and GC was my 9/11 information source.

I was off that day. I was WTC two days before attack.

Same. Howard Stern and GC was my 9/11 information source.

I was off that day. I was WTC two days before attack.

I was there. I helped people get oot of the buildings.

I was there. I helped people get oot of the buildings.

GF didn't have a Bawston accent. He sai OUT like a NYer.

I'm sure a few of us even remember the "Old Board" - pre 1999.... It was an entirely different setup, nothing like this site.

For some reason I always remember Mephisto from back then - so I know for sure he's a Double Silverback too.

I'm sure a few of us even remember the "Old Board" - pre 1999.... It was an entirely different setup, nothing like this site.

For some reason I always remember Mephisto from back then - so I know for sure he's a Double Silverback too.

Mephisto for sure. I don't remember the old board, but I remember the steak thread.

Mephisto for sure. I don't remember the old board, but I remember the steak thread.

A speaking of - Kadaver was another.

115,000 posts in 15 years board was down for how long?

talk about a lunatic

Bill Swerski, Mustard Man, Rusty done got hacked

EFF BEE EYE, Sippa Cup, Steaks Done When it's Black

TorridJoe, HA MAS, Down with USA

MJ, Mickelson, Low Rent All the Way!

We didn't start the fire...

Everyone knows my alias. I never hid behind them. I never got involved in the political BS. I never judged you because of your or anyone's position. I've never attacked you outside of some good natured ball busting. WFT is your problem? You want to come at me? Bring it wimpball. I'll eat your snowflake A$$ alive.

Are you cheating on me? :(

WTF does that have to do with this thread?

Not a damn thing

Did someone say Bananas? Silver Backs love bananas

That's cause you could post as any handle, it was the WIld Wild West back then

That's cause you could post as any handle, it was the WIld Wild West back then

It was a crazy time - everyday was a prison break.

The Kong of the Geeks.

Lol, awesome.. Megla is definitely the Kong of Geeks. :first: