Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

New NFL National Anthem Policy

Excuses

Huh?

When you watched the Royal Wedding on TV (you know you did) and they said "All Rise for the Bride and Groom" did you stand up?

Of course not, it was on TV........you weren't actually there.

:doh:

I haven't been to one since... yesterday. Wife and I go to quite a few DBacks game. As usual you are full of shiot. Everyone stands, every guy takes their hats off (some women don't, not sure why, maybe it will mess up their "look"?). If you are in the hallway and it starts, everyone stops where they are.

I'm sure a handful of people are like you describe but I've never seen one. Certainly not 23%.

Same for Cardinals games. Even though people are more liquored up because tailgating, everyone around me is respectful.

Agreed. I was a Celtics game last week and everyone stood and took off their hats. Even those in the luxury suites.

I see the same thing at Patriot games. I don't care how cold it is, you take off your hat, stand and don't be a dickhead.

Huh?

When you watched the Royal Wedding on TV (you know you did) and they said "All Rise for the Bride and Groom" did you stand up?

Of course not, it was on TV........you weren't actually there.

:doh:

I didnt watch it. I assume you had it on though. Did you tear up a smidge? Be honest with me

When you are watching a rock concert on TV and for the encore the whole crowd is holding up lighters, do you sit on your couch and hold up your lighter too?

Of course not.....BECAUSE you aren't in attendance. Its on TV. :doh:

I stand for the national anthem.

do you expect me to just stay there kneeling?

If my c0ck is in your mouth, yes.

Serious question: If you're at home, bar, restaurant and the National Anthem comes on, do you stand?

only if I see some racist fake outrage dikbag kneeling

WTF are you blabbering about? First of all, I'm not "the left". Secondly, the original protest was against police brutality and racial inequality. Do you deny those things exist, or are nonsense?

I didn't say anyone was attacking freedom of expression, rather I value the right to peacefully protest more than the anthem/flag. But I'll say it again: the new policy is reasonable.

the moment Pen entered Sho's neighborhood

as far as protest, study after study show that "policy brutality" is because of the amount of violent crimes committed by this group. Why don't they protest the lack of fathers around? That would do alot more good than anything

as far as Racial inequality, it might exist some by racist people, but in general it doesn't exist. Why can every other group rise to the top in this country?

When you are watching a rock concert on TV and for the encore the whole crowd is holding up lighters, do you sit on your couch and hold up your lighter too?

Of course not.....BECAUSE you aren't in attendance. Its on TV. :doh:

I wouldn't take out my lighter if I was at the concert. For one, I am not dumb enough to be a smoker. For two, I'm not a sheeple. But I see that you are painting yourself to be one

only if I see some racist fake outrage dikbag kneeling

I forgot you're a sjw

I wouldn't take out my lighter if I was at the concert. For one, I am not dumb enough to be a smoker. For two, I'm not a sheeple. But I see that you are painting yourself to be one

I'm making analogies. That clearly demonstrate that actually being in ATTENDANCE at an event is wholly and totally different than simply watching it on TV. This is common sense stuff. It's regardless of anyone's views on protesting the National Anthem by kneeling when ......AT the event.

If I hear one more person say "Do you stand up when watching at home?!?!?" I am going to lose my mind, its the dumbest, most illogical question I've heard in this whole topic.

the moment Pen entered Sho's neighborhood

as far as protest, study after study show that "policy brutality" is because of the amount of violent crimes committed by this group. Why don't they protest the lack of fathers around? That would do alot more good than anything

as far as Racial inequality, it might exist some by racist people, but in general it doesn't exist. Why can every other group rise to the top in this country?

well it is a shameful thing to admit

I'm making analogies. That clearly demonstrate that actually being in ATTENDANCE at an event is wholly and totally different than simply watching it on TV. This is common sense stuff. It's regardless of anyone's views on protesting the National Anthem by kneeling when ......AT the event.

If I hear one more person say "Do you stand up when watching at home?!?!?" I am going to lose my mind, its the dumbest, most illogical question I've heard in this whole topic.

A wedding and concert are not the same as our holy and sacred national anthem. If I hear one more person dismiss the national anthem as just another "event on tv", I am going to lose my shlt. Probably the most sacrilegeous and disrespectful, anti American thing I have ever heard. You strike me as the type to piss on graves, because they arent alive any more. So fock it, right?

A wedding and concert are not the same as our holy and sacred national anthem. If I hear one more person dismiss the national anthem as just another "event on tv", I am going to lose my shlt. Probably the most sacrilegeous and disrespectful, anti American thing I have ever heard. You strike me as the type to piss on graves, because they arent alive any more. So fock it, right?

Im just assuming youre fishing. You cant be this dumb.

When the P.A. announcer says All Rise for the singing of our National Anthem, you do understand hes speaking to the people in attendance. The folks actually THERE.....if you cant grasp that, there is little hope.

Good grief this place is a sad place sometimes.

Im just assuming youre fishing. You cant be this dumb.

When the P.A. announcer says All Rise for the singing of our National Anthem, you do understand hes speaking to the people in attendance. The folks actually THERE.....if you cant grasp that, there is little hope.

Good grief this place is a sad place sometimes.

I just dont get the hypocrisy of That guy is kneeling!!!! :mad: :mad:!!!!! They took our jobs. Durkadurrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!.... wait, you want me to stand while I am at home with my fat ass parked on the couch? Get bent

So why not head down to the police station and protest? On your own time?

Not important enough to me, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a big issue to others.

did anyone ask Roseanne what she thought of this?

Not important enough to me, but that doesnt mean it isnt a big issue to others.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the NFL players protesting police brutality on their employers time. Go to the police station, on their own time. But I guess taking a knee for 90 seconds is easier.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the NFL players protesting police brutality on their employers time. Go to the police station, on their own time. But I guess taking a knee for 90 seconds is easier.

It certainly got their message out to a much larger audience.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the NFL players protesting police brutality on their employers time.

You said "on your own time"

It doesnt send the same message...

Edit: I mean it's not as visible of a message

It certainly got their message out to a much larger audience.

Now what?

Is that what the narrative is now? When asked at the time, 90% of them didn't know why they were kneeling, or couldn't answer.

You said "on your own time"

It doesnt send the same message...

Edit: I mean it's not as visible of a message

Would really call attention to the problem, one guy in front of city hall on a Tuesday. You should work in PR. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Would really call attention to the problem, one guy in front of city hall on a Tuesday. You should work in PR. :thumbsup:

You don't get it. The point is that they are protesting the flag of our country, when their problem is with the police. They can't be mad at the whole country, can they?

You don't get it. The point is that they are protesting the flag of our country, when their problem is with the police. They can't be mad at the whole country, can they?

The actions they took worked. In no way would their peaceful actions have been talked about more had they done something else. It was easy too. Just kneel. The best thing that people who hate kneeling could have done was literally ignore it.

The actions they took worked. In no way would their peaceful actions have been talked about more had they done something else. It was easy too. Just kneel. The best thing that people who hate kneeling could have done was literally ignore it.

It worked? Lower ratings and attendance? Why do they still want to kneel if it worked?

It worked? Lower ratings and attendance? Why do they still want to kneel if it worked?

That's not what they cared about..... you think they kneeled to gain more attendance and ratings? Their intention was to get people talking about it. Mission successful

That's not what they cared about..... you think they kneeled to gain more attendance and ratings? Their intention was to get people talking about it. Mission successful

What they've done successfully is attach their protest movement at the hip to disrespecting the country so it's all conflated in people's minds as one in the same thing.

What they've done successfully is attach their protest movement at the hip to disrespecting the country so it's all conflated in people's minds as one in the same thing.

It got blown out of proportion. The media perpetuated the clash of beliefs and promoted a divide, per usual.

Still, the original plan to get people talking about what kneeling symbolized, it worked damn well

It got blown out of proportion. The media perpetuated the clash of beliefs and promoted a divide, per usual.

Still, the original plan to get people talking about what kneeling symbolized, it worked damn well

It's about as effective as pelting people with dog sh*t and then, once you have their attention, trying to sell auto insurance to them.

It's like pelting people with dog sh*t and then, once you have their attention, trying to sell auto insurance to them.

No it's not. The original message was known from the start. No need for a kooky analogy here

No it's not. The original message was known from the start. No need for a kooky analogy here

The original message is fock America.

Then, now that I have your attention, I want to tell you how bad the cops are.

• Like 2

Boom!

And they won’t be happy until every city is like Baltimore!

No it wasn't. They were protesting a component of our society by remaining silent and not participating in a tribute to America. If they really wanted to say fock America, they'd have left the country.

I just dont get the hypocrisy of That guy is kneeling!!!! :mad: :mad:!!!!! They took our jobs. Durkadurrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!.... wait, you want me to stand while I am at home with my fat ass parked on the couch? Get bent

Dude. You are weird. :lol:

No it wasn't. They were protesting a component of our society by remaining silent and not participating in a tribute to America. If they really wanted to say fock America, they'd have left the country.

Brazenly false and you know it.

This is TBBOM's quote from last page:

"The protests were expressly intended to evoke such offense. Thats why they chose that time. Instead of warmups, end zone celebrations, after the game, or any other time."