Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Gold shouldn't be worth hardly anything. It's dumb that it is.

About 12% of gold supply goes to industrial uses. But due to silvers unique characteristics, a whopping 56% of its supply is used in industry. Silver has so many applications that believe it or not, you dont go one day without using a product that contains it. From electronics and medical applications, to batteries and solar panels, silver is everywhere, whether you see it or not. As Mike Maloney says in his book, Of all the elements, silver is the indispensable metal. It is the most electronically conductive, thermally conductive, and reflective. Modern life, as we know it, would not exist without silver.

https://goldsilver.com/blog/gold-vs-silver-the-5-differences-that-matter-most-to-investors/

So silver is like crude oil.

Best conductor of electricity there is. :thumbsup:

[nikki2200] Are batteries electric? [/nikki2200]

I miss her and gettinhuge :(

If gold wasn't worth anything, then there would be no reason for Discovery's Gold Rush. :cry:

Absolutely love that show. I'm still not sure which side I'm on between Beets vs Parker so far

Gold has value because humans are corrupt.

Humanity has tried many times to leave gold behind and use paper or credit as money. Every time they try, it eventually collapses because humans get corrupted and ruin the currency with theft, bribery and just being awful. Sometimes in happens in 3 years. Sometimes it takes 100 years. How long it takes for this to happen generally depends on how long it takes before almost everyone begins to think like the OP. When too many people are suspicious of paper and credit, it actually keeps the greedy and the corrupt in line and the system works. Once the vast majority believe as the OP does, THAT'S when the greedy and corrupt make their move and destroy whatever people think is money to steal everyone's wealth.

And then, in the aftermath, once people learn the same lesson AGAIN, we have to go back to gold as money.

I mean, they'll do it. The second everyone think gold is worthless, the corrupt people will grab it all up and keep it to themselves, and then they will ruin the currency and declare gold MUST be money again to fix it. And SURPRISE, they will have all the gold.

How about Diamonds?

Let me tell you a few things about diamonds...

1: Lou Phillips was a pretty damn good actor in Young Guns

2: Joan Baez wrote a song about them rusting and stuff

3: Rob Halford (Judas Priest) covered Joans sond and did an incredible job

4: Tim Ripper Owen (Judas Priest) also covered the song when Rob wasn't with them, and did my favorite version.

Let me tell you a few things about diamonds...

1: Lou Phillips was a pretty damn good actor in Young Guns

2: Joan Baez wrote a song about them rusting and stuff

3: Rob Halford (Judas Priest) covered Joans sond and did an incredible job

4: Tim Ripper Owen (Judas Priest) also covered the song when Rob wasn't with them, and did my favorite version.

You forgot Marilyn Monroe. Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend.

You forgot Marilyn Monroe. Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend.

Good call :thumbsup:

I also forgot Neil Diamond

Good call :thumbsup:

I also forgot Neil Diamond

"Cracklin Rose you're a store bought woman, but you make me sing like a guitar hummin...."

Classic.

• Like 1

"Cracklin Rose you're a store bought woman, but you make me sing like a guitar hummin...."

Classic.

Am I showing my age that I really really like Neil Diamond?

If so, who cares.

I am, therefore I said to that Kentucky woman / b1tch Caroline when she didn't mnake me a sammich as ordered.

We're still in America, right?

Classic.

Cracking Rose'. That song is about men on an Indian reservation who, because there weren't many women around were left with a bottle of cracklin rose', a store bought woman

At least if you had an ounce of gold, you could buy one fifth of a bitcoin. Well more like 1/7th after all of the fees, but if that's not value, I don't know what is.

Cracking Rose'. That song is about men on an Indian reservation who, because there weren't many women around were left with a bottle of cracklin rose', a store bought woman

Oh the stories those indians could tell about stealing other tribes women and doing unspeakable things to them. Those must have been the good old days. Those silly nomads were always up to something crazy those rascals...