Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Spinoff: What simple things should vehichle manufacturers do to make things "better".

9 minutes ago, posty said:

All should be disabled...  

Yes. Including my own. :thumbsup:

You guys really want cell phone use if you’re a passenger in a car banned or is this just another get off my lawn thing?

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You guys really want cell phone use if you’re a passenger in a car banned or is this just another get off my lawn thing?

:banned:

2 hours ago, posty said:

:banned:

Banned. :thumbsup: No cell phone use in running cars unless it's 911. Even then, I would suggest pulling over.

• Like 1

What about buses? Passenger banned from using a mobile device? This is a funny argument I just want to see how far you all will take it 

33 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

What about buses? Passenger banned from using a mobile device? This is funny argument I just want to see how far you all will take it 

No cell phones within 100 feet of any engine.  Electric, gas, diesel or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

No cell phones within 100 feet of any engine.  Electric, gas, diesel or otherwise.

:thumbsup: At least 100 feet.

15 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Okay this next one might freak you out a bit. What if the vehicles are self driving? 

11 hours ago, posty said:

Nope...  How can you prove that you are a passenger and actually driving?

All should be disabled...  I know that I am in the huge minority on this, but something really needs to be done...

Isn't possible. There would be a hack app to get around that withing 2 days of implementation.

Which is good. Cause it's stupid.

I haven't driven a car in over two years, yet ride in them almost daily. There are many like me around the world. 

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Okay this next one might freak you out a bit. What if the vehicles are self driving? 

Then the car can’t use the phone either. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, posty said:

Nope...  How can you prove that you are a passenger and actually driving?

All should be disabled...  I know that I am in the huge minority on this, but something really needs to be done...

Guns don't kill people....oops, sorry. 

Meant cell phones don't kill people, people do....

41 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Guns don't kill people....oops, sorry. 

Meant cell phones don't kill people, people do....

I don't think guns should be used while driving either.

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Isn't possible. There would be a hack app to get around that withing 2 days of implementation.

Which is good. Cause it's stupid.

I haven't driven a car in over two years, yet ride in them almost daily. There are many like me around the world. 

You think it's stupid, I don't...

The smartphone is the worst invention in history (and social media) and one of the major contributions to the downfall of society...

Whatever happened to just enjoying the scenery in a car, talking with the people you are riding with, reading?  Nope, can't do that, got to be on a stupid phone because everyone's attention span is less than three seconds...

Like I said, I know I am in the major minority on this, but I think it would make things a lot better if they were banned...

• Like 1

Be cool to have 'jam mode':

You know, where you have to pull forward ten feet every five minutes? 

Let the car handle that on some form of hybrid motor.

Save a crap load of gas, pollution, frustration, and overheating. 

Would be HUGE on the 405.

9 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

What about buses? Passenger banned from using a mobile device? This is a funny argument I just want to see how far you all will take it 

On buses you dont need seat belts and can use smart phones the entire time.  You can even get up and walk when its in motion.   Its like the wild west, I tell ya.

2 hours ago, posty said:

You think it's stupid, I don't...

The smartphone is the worst invention in history (and social media) and one of the major contributions to the downfall of society...

Whatever happened to just enjoying the scenery in a car, talking with the people you are riding with, reading?  Nope, can't do that, got to be on a stupid phone because everyone's attention span is less than three seconds...

Like I said, I know I am in the major minority on this, but I think it would make things a lot better if they were banned...

Generally speaking, I agree. I usually read on a bus or in a car.

But if I get out of an hour long taxi ride only to find that my meeting got cancelled 55 minutes ago but my focking cell was jammed, I'd be pissed.

I agree with Posty's reasoning, but the restriction to no devices at all is overkill.  To me, the only solution is a serious penalty.  Like, loss of license for 2 years and a mandatory prison sentence for 6 months.   Something along those lines, for someone who cause ANY accident while on the phone (in hand), not connected (Bluetooth).  Habitual offenders can be treated like any other habitual offenders.  Possibly 2 years prison sentence for second offense, 5 for a 3rd... stuff like that.

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree with Posty's reasoning, but the restriction to no devices at all is overkill.  To me, the only solution is a serious penalty.  Like, loss of license for 2 years and a mandatory prison sentence for 6 months.   Something along those lines, for someone who cause ANY accident while on the phone (in hand), not connected (Bluetooth).  Habitual offenders can be treated like any other habitual offenders.  Possibly 2 years prison sentence for second offense, 5 for a 3rd... stuff like that.

This is reasonable. Treat it just like a DUI. Driving while on your cellphone definitely impairs your driving more than alcohol so why not. 

Street justice. Texting while driving = punch in the face. 

Different flavours of horns.  The one in the middle of the steering wheel can still be HONK HONK, but sometimes certain situations call for a little nuance.  🤔

More cupholders, you really need 3-4 cup holders per seat and a combination of large and small. 

Sometimes you might have a skinny water bottle and other times you might have 64 oz diabetes causing super size.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

More cupholders, you really need 3-4 cup holders per seat and a combination of large and small. 

Sometimes you might have a skinny water bottle and other times you might have 64 oz diabetes causing super size.

They make a Holder that adjusts to different sizes. 

21 hours ago, sderk said:

I don't think guns should be used while driving either.

Whoooa..... what if they are held sideways though?

4 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Whoooa..... what if they are held sideways though?

Then yes. As long as it is used to shoot at people who wear MAGA hats. Because that seems perfectly acceptable these days by folks like maxine waters.