Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

2 Trillion dollar spending package

The president – a real estate developer before he was elected president – has long sought to strike a big infrastructure deal, but has faced some resistance from conservatives in his party over concerns about the country’s rising debt.

“We agreed on a number – which was very, very good. Two trillion dollars for infrastructure. Originally, we started a little lower. Even the president was eager to push it up to two trillion dollars,” Schumer said.

The White House, in a written statement on the meeting, did not mention a dollar figure but called the session "excellent and productive."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumer-trump-agreed-to-2-trillion-for-infrastructure-after-meeting-with-dems

We keep setting deficit records and the government keeps wanting to spend more money.

Also, there is a bug on these new forums, if you create a thread, but forget the title it puts your entire post inside the quote. It is not possible to fix this.

I like Trump but I can't say I'm excited for more deficit spending. That said, infrastructure programs (and the jobs that come with them) are a better sort of spending than entitlement programs and are the sorts of things, if done right, that benefit the public and you can ask taxpayers to reach into their pockets for. 

Crazy.  And apparently we need to spend $5 Trillion on climate change or we will all be dead in 10 years.

What I'm not seeing is whether that 2 trillion is inclusive of existing spending. For example, it's not like we spend $0 on infrastructure right now. So, if we're spending for example 1 trillion dollars a year on the interstate highway system? Are we spending one additional trillion or is our total infrastructure spending now going to be 3 trillion dollars?

Also, time frame?

Who was that guy running for pres that wanted to give everyone 1,000 per month? he gets my vote

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What I'm not seeing is whether that 2 trillion is inclusive of existing spending. For example, it's not like we spend $0 on infrastructure right now. So, if we're spending for example 1 trillion dollars a year on the interstate highway system? Are we spending one additional trillion or is our total infrastructure spending now going to be 3 trillion dollars?

Also, time frame?

Have you seen the roads? I'd say 0 is close to accurate

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who was that guy running for pres that wanted to give everyone 1,000 per month? he gets my vote

Andy Yang

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Andy Yang

A bad introduction to the guy.

I like how he has thought about everything, has a 'solution' to everything, and is willing to talk civilly to anyone. He had a good chat with Ben Shapiro, for example, even though they don't see eye-to-eye on very much. He likes trial balloons and he'd be an attractive candidate although some of his crazy ideas weren't so whack, this being a trial balloons filled with lead. Overall I like his approach and optimism and style, it's refreshing. Seems like a fun guy.

My second favorite Democrat, although he comes up short. The only one that could legitimately pry my vote off of Trump remains Tulsi Gabbard.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I like how he has thought about everything, has a 'solution' to everything, and is willing to talk civilly to anyone.

He hasn't thought of everything and his solutions will not work. He's a finely wrapped turd sandwich.

14 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He hasn't thought of everything and his solutions will not work. He's a finely wrapped turd sandwich.

He's the most fleshed out candidate I've seen, maybe ever. As for his solutions, eh, he thinks outside the box and takes new positions. He can spark conversations. Tyrion Lannister's chain idea was brilliant but how smart he is, he hasn't come up with a good idea in four seasons.

He's like Gorman Thomas, in that it's either a homerun or strike out with him and also a guy you can't help but like even though he's playing for the other team. Sorry I can't come up with a more recent example for people that don't remember him, I haven't watched any baseball since 2001.

Just now, Voltaire said:

He's the most fleshed out candidate I've seen, maybe ever. As for his solutions, eh, he thinks outside the box and takes new positions. He can spark conversations. Tyrion Lannister's chain idea was brilliant but how smart he is, he hasn't come up with a good idea in four seasons.

He's like Gorman Thomas. Sorry I can't come up with a more recent example for people that don't remember him, I haven't watched any baseball since 2001.

Don't confuse flash with substance. That's how we got Obama the spy

For a president with such small hands and a noted small peemus, you think he'd have started a few more wars. What's the deal there?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

For a president with such small hands and a noted small peemus, you think he'd have started a few more wars. What's the deal there?

He's waiting for the summer of 2020. hth

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Trump Was ‘The Best Sex I’ve Ever Had’ — Marla Maples

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Trump Was ‘The Best Sex I’ve Ever Had’ — Marla Maples

Trump was the best talk I ever had after sex - Marlee Matlin

"Trump has the best hands I've ever seen" - Leonard Hankerson

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Bigly!

17 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Also, time frame?

According to this, https://www.bidnet.com/resources/business-insights/us-government-spending-highway-infrastructure-en.jsp, we were at $416B in 2014.  I saw a quick note that in 2017, it was $1T.  Not sure, like you, if it's $2T or an additional $2T.  My guess is that it's total, not more.  As for time frame, your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, edjr said:

Have you seen the roads? I'd say 0 is close to accurate

But there are plenty of guys with DPW jobs 

:dunno:

dont they do work ?

56 minutes ago, drobeski said:

But there are plenty of guys with DPW jobs 

:dunno:

dont they do work ?

work? That's stretching it

I kinda like yang too. He actually was the first person who has explained the ubi and actually made sense. I went to his platform and agree on about 75% of his things. He’s got quite a few sjw things in there though but he definitely to me is the only one willing to cross the isle to talk to nazis at least like Shapiro 

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Trump Was ‘The Best Sex I’ve Ever Had’ — Filthy Fernandez

:wub:

On 5/1/2019 at 5:15 PM, Voltaire said:

A bad introduction to the guy.

I like how he has thought about everything, has a 'solution' to everything, and is willing to talk civilly to anyone. He had a good chat with Ben Shapiro, for example, even though they don't see eye-to-eye on very much. He likes trial balloons and he'd be an attractive candidate although some of his crazy ideas weren't so whack, this being a trial balloons filled with lead. Overall I like his approach and optimism and style, it's refreshing. Seems like a fun guy.

My second favorite Democrat, although he comes up short. The only one that could legitimately pry my vote off of Trump remains Tulsi Gabbard.

Listened to Gabbard on the Joe Rogan podcast today and i really liked her. For some reason, i thought she said or did something overtly radical (not he Syria thing) that previously disqualified her for me but I cant remember. I will definitely look into her more.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, edjr said:

Mostly small talk.