Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

Any cowboy boot wearin' geeks out there?

Just copped a pair of square toed Anderson Bean cowboy boots and these things are surprisingly comfy as hell. First pair of cowboy boots I've ever owned. For those of you that wear western boots, what style and brand do you roll with? I've clearly been missing out.

I prefer square toe and have a cheap pair of Ariats. I don't wear them enough to justify a nice pair.

Well hell ya - standard issue in Texas.

I prefer the square toe myself, I wear Justin.

Anderson Bean S1106 👍

3 hours ago, Dragan187 said:

Just copped a pair of square toed Anderson Bean cowboy boots and these things are surprisingly comfy as hell. First pair of cowboy boots I've ever owned. For those of you that wear western boots, what style and brand do you roll with? I've clearly been missing out.

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Anderson Bean S1106 👍

The exact pair that I got. 

I prefer flip flops.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Size 12?

LOOK AT ME!! I’m hung like a horse !

Can't Do traditional cowboy boots. Too freaking narrow at the toe for me. But I like the trend that involves a more squared off tip. 

For any of you that watched breaking bad, they got that part right. The Mexicans made cowboy boots a freaking joke to the point that the tip of Mexican cowboy boots literally look like the whiches slippers from wizard of Oz. Ridiculously long tip that literally becomes so narrow it curls at the tip.

Hard to say which Mexican I hate worst. The 80% of them that wear the same uniform of a white crew neck t-shirt and a buzz cut. Or the others who are fat gordos wearing huge cowboy hats and Boots.

14 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I prefer flip flops.

Bert apparently wears Crocs. 

Love the guy like a brother, but geebus, what the hell?

55 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Bert apparently wears Crocs. 

Love the guy like a brother, but geebus, what the hell?

This surprises no one.

14 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Size 12?

Nah, I wear a 14 B. Its hard finding shoes that fit right. 

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Can't Do traditional cowboy boots. Too freaking narrow at the toe for me. But I like the trend that involves a more squared off tip. 

For any of you that watched breaking bad, they got that part right. The Mexicans made cowboy boots a freaking joke to the point that the tip of Mexican cowboy boots literally look like the whiches slippers from wizard of Oz. Ridiculously long tip that literally becomes so narrow it curls at the tip.

Hard to say which Mexican I hate worst. The 80% of them that wear the same uniform of a white crew neck t-shirt and a buzz cut. Or the others who are fat gordos wearing huge cowboy hats and Boots.

My favorite Mexican contribution to fashion has to be the button down shirt with only the top button buttoned. 

23 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My favorite Mexican contribution to fashion has to be the button down shirt with only the top button buttoned. 

God, no shiit, right? 

and the f****** cholas oh, God damn. They take an eyebrow pencil and Trace their lips so their mouth looks like a . Yeah that's f****** attractive you wetback skank.

I remember when some of those idiots tried to say that huge hoop earrings were part of their cultural heritage. Oh go f*** yourself.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:08 PM, NorthernVike said:

I prefer flip flops.

:thumbsup:

On 5/23/2019 at 3:08 PM, NorthernVike said:

I prefer glip glops. 

You’re lucky a Traflorkian doesn’t hear you say that. 

My wife and I moved to Phoenix 30 years ago (separately) from the east coast.  For a few years we were into the novelty of the cowboy/cowgirl thing (well, I'm still into the cowgirl thing but that is a different story).

Anyway, I used to have a few pairs of boots, just looked in my closet and only see one (black Justins) that I presume I kept in case I need to pretend to be a cowboy again.  My feet are wide though and boots were never comfy.  Maybe these flat toed ones you guys are describing would work but I'm over it.  :dunno:

Had some Tony Lamas when I was young and my Dad was teaching me to ride but not since.

Cowboy boots should only be for actual cowboys. Not dress up pretenders.