Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

my 13yo boy wants to...

:headbanger:

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

go see Slayer. :o:unsure::cry:

opinions?

Take him.

Hopefully this is a sign that he hates hippies. Hippies hate thrash metal. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Hopefully this is a sign that he hates hippies. Hippies hate thrash metal. 

on one hand i'm just estatic he hates rap. he's a good guitarist and bass player for his age. just going down a semi dark path with musical tastes :(

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

on one hand i'm just estatic he hates rap. he's a good guitarist and bass player for his age. just going down a semi dark path with musical tastes :(

I feel you there. I would definitely roll with the Slayer and see where it goes. Nothing worse than some white kid all up in the rap game thinking they are something they are not. What do they call them? Wiggers. 

I wouldn't.  You're not going to stop your kid from listening to that garbage but as a parent, you shouldn't condone it, especially for a 13-year-old.

Don't tell him I said that though.  I don't want him breaking into my house and decapitating me as I sleep and bathing in my blood.

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I wouldn't.  You're not going to stop your kid from listening to that garbage but as a parent, you shouldn't condone it, especially for a 13-year-old.

Don't tell him I said that though.  I don't want him breaking into my house and decapitating me as I sleep and bathing in my blood.

he asked if you have any puppies :huh:

Kids from every generation are fascinated by music their parents this is taboo. Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath all seem tame compared to today's stuff, but they were the evil in their day.  

KISS marketed to that demographic and they just look like a clown show in retrospect.  

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Kids from every generation are fascinated by music their parents this is taboo. Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath all seem tame compared to today's stuff, but they were the evil in their day.  

KISS marketed to that demographic and they just look like a clown show in retrospect.  

Yeah, kids like the taboo. Better metal than focking ghetto rap garbage. I'd definately monitor the situation, but if its just a musical taste thing, i'd let it slide. If he starts getting all weird and dark in other ways, you might have a problem.

What’s with you old men implying there’s something wrong with a kid liking Slayer? :dunno:

• Like 1

One of my friends is a metal head and he has told me numerous times the metal community is the most accepting music community that there is. He told me that punk rockers, rap etc... will all be judgey about new ideas within their genre (“that’s not real punk” sh!t like that) and basically chase people away that try new things whereas the metal community embraces all that stuff. 

It's their last tour, might be his only chance. Course it's not quite the same without Kerry King and Dave Lombardo but they put on an excellent show.

6 hours ago, porkbutt said:

go see Slayer. :o:unsure::cry:

opinions?

I'd get him checked out by a shrink.  I didn't want to hear or see Slayer when they were popular.  Then again, when they first came out, I was just born, so there is that.

33 minutes ago, sderk said:

Maybe he will meet his future boyfriend.

Black boyfriend and gay. You get both the boy and girl parenting nightmares in one.