drobeski

Jeffery Epstein arrested

Just now, cbfalcon said:

If your version of America hates over half of America, maybe you should consider the possibility that America isn’t really your thing. 

Your ideas are so far out there they aren’t even left leaning American ideas. They are straight up communist policies. Maybe if your version of America isn’t based on the constitution you should get the fock out?

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Your ideas are so far out there they aren’t even left leaning American ideas. They are straight up communist policies. Maybe if your version of America isn’t based on the constitution you should get the fock out?

Slow down, breathe, and try to suppress your hate for over half of America for a few minutes..

Then maybe find some posts in which I’ve proposed communist policies. Actually, you’ll probably have trouble finding posts in which I’ve proposed or supported many specific policies at all. :dunno:

What is happening here is simple. You have created a boogeyman. You’ve taken all the policies and ideas you hate from all the people in the world, and you’ve told yourself that someone to your left supports every one of the policies you hate and fully believes everything that offends you. 

But that’s not real life. It would be the equivalent of me saying that everyone that stands to my right is a White Supremacist Racist that longs for the days that the Klu Klux Klan ruled the night. And while many of you have claimed I say that constantly and believe it, I’ve never said it even once and I don’t believe it. 

The real world is not black and white. Shades of grey. You and I probably have a good amount of common ground even. Stop unknowingly making up lies about people and then convincing yourself they are true. It’s toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe how hateful the Left has become. They used to stand for love and peace, but now they do nothing but verbally and physically attack people who don't agree with them. Sad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Red blooded Americans shouldn’t despise over half of America. Just sayin 

I would argue that your statement applies more to liberals than conservatives in general.  I've shown here numerous times that liberals are proven to be less empathetic of conservatives than the opposite.  I understand the allure of giving people a lot of free stuff; you don't understand why I disagree in many cases.  Liberals tend to have a palpable vitriol towards Trump fans and conservatives in general.  Conservatives mostly laugh at SJWs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I would argue that your statement applies more to liberals than conservatives in general.  I've shown here numerous times that liberals are proven to be less empathetic of conservatives than the opposite.  I understand the allure of giving people a lot of free stuff; you don't understand why I disagree in many cases.  Liberals tend to have a palpable vitriol towards Trump fans and conservatives in general.  Conservatives mostly laugh at SJWs.

Your statements are vague. I don’t see much empathy from the board conservatives, but maybe it’s the squeaky wheels that stick in the mind. Either way, those type things tend to be a matter of perspective......and I am not a general proponent of free stuff and would probably somewhat agree with many of your views. 

The boogeymen on both sides are real, but anyone painting an entire half the country with such a brush is simply wanting for a fight that most of the country would prefer not have. 

14 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Slow down, breathe, and try to suppress your hate for over half of America for a few minutes..

This is why half the country won't listen to a word from clowns like you 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

This is why half the country won't listen to a word from clowns like you 

Its all projection. Hillary ran on hate for half of the country.  Obama promoted hate of police and half of the county with their "god and guns". 

They've been promoting hate since trump won. 

Projecting ass clowns, nothing more. Its best just to laugh at them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, cbfalcon said:

If you think calling me a liar is going to get me to let you see the proof that Trump rapes kids, then you have some more thinking to do. 

You'd be a liar whether I called you one or not.  You mean you have secret proof that Trump rapes kids, but you won't let us see it?  You need to be held for observation for at least 48 hours.

12 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

You'd be a liar whether I called you one or not.  You mean you have secret proof that Trump rapes kids, but you won't let us see it?  You need to be held for observation for at least 48 hours.

I don’t really have 48 hours to spare :dunno:

8 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Your statements are vague. I don’t see much empathy from the board conservatives, but maybe it’s the squeaky wheels that stick in the mind. Either way, those type things tend to be a matter of perspective......and I am not a general proponent of free stuff and would probably somewhat agree with many of your views. 

The boogeymen on both sides are real, but anyone painting an entire half the country with such a brush is simply wanting for a fight that most of the country would prefer not have. 

You started this "hate half of America" mantra and you've said it several times in this thread.  "Hate" is a pretty strong emotion; such emotions are more prone to liberals.  Do you see conservatives protesting anti-Trump speakers at schools?  

Also I googled my assertion that conservatives have more empathy; a study released in 2018 seems to contradict that.  However, I would argue that they don't understand the definition of empathy.

https://www.science20.com/news_staff/liberals_are_more_empathetic_than_conservatives-232850

Liberals in the United States and Germany felt more empathy than conservatives toward protesters injured during an overcrowded demonstration in the United States and Germany, according to survey results of 1,046 participants who read a fake newspaper article the non-real incident. The protesters were either described as liberals, conservatives, or non-partisan local residents. 

Liberals were more likely to want to help the protesters by donating money for the medical treatment and both conservatives and liberals felt more empathy for their political allies.

Like all such studies, this was self-reported results so no one but political activists will infer causal influence of political ideology on motivated empathy.

em·pa·thy
/ˈempəTHē/
noun
  1. the ability to understand and share the feelings of another

The paper describes sympathy, not empathy.  I think perhaps you are confusing them as well.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You started this "hate half of America" mantra and you've said it several times in this thread.  "Hate" is a pretty strong emotion; such emotions are more prone to liberals.  Do you see conservatives protesting anti-Trump speakers at schools?  

Also I googled my assertion that conservatives have more empathy; a study released in 2018 seems to contradict that.  However, I would argue that they don't understand the definition of empathy.

https://www.science20.com/news_staff/liberals_are_more_empathetic_than_conservatives-232850

em·pa·thy
/ˈempəTHē/
noun
  1. the ability to understand and share the feelings of another

The paper describes sympathy, not empathy.  I think perhaps you are confusing them as well.

I used the word “hate” in response to certain posters seemingly having a deep level of hate for anyone that would ever vote democrat. I don’t really feel like searching for the posts, but I’m confident if I did that leg work, you’d likely agree that those particular posts are indicating as much. 

As for empathy.....For me personally, empathy is seemingly at the core of most of my principles. I’ll even admit I let other people’s pain affect me in a way which forces me to work hard to not let it cloud my judgement at times. On average, I believe Democrats are more empathetic, but that’s different than believing all Democrats are more empathetic than all Republicans. 

I guess you found a study that indicates the same, but choose to disagree with it. Sympathy and empathy are similar and those that feel each probably have a 90% crossover on a Venn diagram. Hopefully you aren’t choosing to discredit the study simply because it doesn’t confirm your bias. It’s common here (on both sides). We are quick to discredit any study or set of facts that doesn’t confirm our view, as biased or inaccurate. It makes productive discussion almost impossible. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I used the word “hate” in response to certain posters seemingly having a deep level of hate for anyone that would ever vote democrat. I don’t really feel like searching for the posts, but I’m confident if I did that leg work, you’d likely agree that those particular posts are indicating as much. 

As for empathy.....For me personally, empathy is seemingly at the core of most of my principles. I’ll even admit I let other people’s pain affect me in a way which forces me to work hard to not let it cloud my judgement at times. On average, I believe Democrats are more empathetic, but that’s different than believing all Democrats are more empathetic than all Republicans. 

I guess you found a study that indicates the same, but choose to disagree with it. Sympathy and empathy are similar and those that feel each probably have a 90% crossover on a Venn diagram. Hopefully you aren’t choosing to discredit the study simply because it doesn’t confirm your bias. It’s common here (on both sides). We are quick to discredit any study or set of facts that doesn’t confirm our view, as biased or inaccurate. It makes productive discussion almost impossible. 

What kind of POS study was this? I can’t even find the source. Also, the words “liberal” and “conservative” take on completely different meanings when outside our borders and it looks like this is a foreign study, from the little info I did find. Unless it’s PEW, meh 

16 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

What kind of POS study was this? I can’t even find the source. Also, the words “liberal” and “conservative” take on completely different meanings when outside our borders and it looks like this is a foreign study, from the little info I did find. Unless it’s PEW, meh 

Jerry found it. I don’t know. 

Here is one I found that essentially says both groups are empathetic. Conservatives just tend to direct empathy to those close to them,  whereas Libs are more empathetic to people in general. Seems reasonable. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/liberals-and-conservatives-process-disgust-and-empathy-differently-2018-1

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I used the word “hate” in response to certain posters seemingly having a deep level of hate for anyone that would ever vote democrat.

So based on a couple of posters on a fantasy football website, you say that half of the country is hateful?

Also, I have voted for Democrats in the past, before they went batschit crazy. At this point, they stand for everything that would destroy our country.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

So based on a couple of posters on a fantasy football website, you say that half of the country is hateful?

Not what I said at all. 

What I said was.... it seems a few people here (those specific posters) hate half the country. 

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Not what I said at all. 

What I said was.... it seems a few people here (those specific posters) hate half the country. 

Thanks for the clarification.

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Not what I said at all. 

Who is this 1/2 I’m supposed to hate?  

21 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Also, I have voted for Democrats in the past, before they went batschit crazy. At this point, they stand for everything that would destroy our country.

Bingo

18 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Who is this 1/2 I’m supposed to hate?  

I don’t remember if you were one of the posters I was talking about. But whichever people I was talking to seemingly hate any Democrat or any person that would ever vote for a Democrat. 

31 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I’m sure most Republicans wouldn’t want to be associated with your average GC Trumper. :thumbsup: 

36 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Jerry found it. I don’t know. 

Here is one I found that essentially says both groups are empathetic. Conservatives just tend to direct empathy to those close to them,  whereas Libs are more empathetic to people in general. Seems reasonable. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/liberals-and-conservatives-process-disgust-and-empathy-differently-2018-1

BI is about as liberal as it gets and the study the article cited wasn’t even published 😂

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

BI as about as liberal as it gets and the study the cited wasn’t even published 😂

Ok. What are your scientific views on empathy and how it relates to Liberals and Conservatives?

7 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I don’t remember if you were one of the posters I was talking about. But whichever people I was talking to seemingly hate any Democrat or any person that would ever vote for a Democrat.

.... and would like to eliminate the people and party.

• Like 1

Just now, cbfalcon said:

Ok. What are your scientific views on empathy and how it relates to Liberals and Conservatives?

I don’t think there’s a correlation between political ideology and overall empathy. I could very easily say conservatives have more empathy towards naturally born Americans while liberals have more empathy for illegals. It seems all these studies that you all are citing are studying my empathy towards protestors/immigrants which I admittedly don’t give a fock about. But I do have a lot of empathy for Americans that are struggling. But as far as overall empathy and what a person feels when something bad happens I don’t think there is a correlation between political ideology and empathy. Now if you want cherry pick sure, liberals are more emphatic towards illegals, immigrants, etc...

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

.... and would like to eliminate the people and party.

The party as currently constructed. You don't? 

45 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Hate, hate their posistions. Don't hate the people for the most part, I just think they are under the influence of TDS and aren't thinking straight. Blinded by the hate. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The party as currently constructed. You don't? 

I think a healthy percentage of our right GC friends magnify and exaggerate some of the extreme factions on our bored. Both major parties need modification.

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I think a healthy percentage of our right GC friends magnify and exaggerate some of the extreme factions on our bored. Both major parties need modification.

Top of my head, prominent democrats right now: Pelosi, Schumer, the Squad. Those are the people calling the shots right now or pushing the agenda. Yeah, Mitch McConnell sucks, but it's not like he's proposing a radical agenda. He's just the king of the swamp, but I would love to see him gone. Neither is Trump. Trumps posistion on immigration is softer than  Obamas was. Think about that. There is nothing radical about enforcing the existing laws that our congress passed. Sanctuary cities and tipping off illegals about ice raids is radical though. Leftist DA's and Mayors across the country not enforcing the law is radical. Post birth "abortions" (murder) is pretty radical. Show me the current position on the right that would be considered radical. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Top of my head, prominent democrats right now: Pelosi, Schumer, the Squad. Those are the people calling the shots right now or pushing the agenda. Yeah, Mitch McConnell sucks, but it's not like he's proposing a radical agenda. He's just the king of the swamp, but I would love to see him gone. Neither is Trump. Trumps posistion on immigration is softer than  Obamas was. Think about that. There is nothing radical about enforcing th existing laws that our congress passed. Sanctuary cities and tipping off illegals about ice raids is radical though. Leftist DA's and Mayors across the country not enforcing the law is radical. Post birth "abortions" (murder) is pretty radical. Show me the current position on the right that would be considered radical. 

See, while I do not agree with some of what you have just posted, I appreciate the manor and tone in how you presented it.

other GC members have had a different take, message and delivery which has virtually abolished productive discourse here at our forearm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Top of my head, prominent democrats right now: Pelosi, Schumer, the Squad. Those are the people calling the shots right now or pushing the agenda. Yeah, Mitch McConnell sucks, but it's not like he's proposing a radical agenda. He's just the king of the swamp, but I would love to see him gone. Neither is Trump. Trumps posistion on immigration is softer than  Obamas was. Think about that. There is nothing radical about enforcing the existing laws that our congress passed. Sanctuary cities and tipping off illegals about ice raids is radical though. Leftist DA's and Mayors across the country not enforcing the law is radical. Post birth "abortions" (murder) is pretty radical. Show me the current position on the right that would be considered radical. 

McConnell gone? Are you mad? Each party needs a ruthless leader in Congress to be successful. Dems have Pelosi right has McConnell. They are worth their weight in gold to thier respective parties and not easily replaced.

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

McConnell gone? Are you mad? Each party needs a ruthless leader in Congress to be successful. Dems have Pelosi right has McConnell. They are worth their weight in gold to thier respective parties and not easily replaced.

McConnell does not represent the new economic realities of the Republican Party. The newer republican voter is working class, not investor class. And many old time republicans have seen the light when it comes to trickle down. They want their jobs back. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I would just like to point out, I for one, know that CBFalcon likes to rape other men

If it wasn’t for traderape he’d never get laid

• Haha 1

GOP economic policy has consisted of trickle down economics, corporate deregulation and tax cuts for the investor class for 40 years. Trump is exactly the same, he just throws in some populist malarkey for people too dumb to know better. On the economy there is no difference between Trump and Mitt, Jeb or any other country club Republican.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I would just like to point out, I for one, know that CBFalcon likes to rape other men

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

If it wasn’t for traderape he’d never get laid

The victims have all been of age, and it’ll be difficult to prove a case against me considering they all gave documented consent. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

The victims have all been of age, and it’ll be difficult to prove a case against me considering they all gave documented consent. :dunno:

yes but I can get consent when they are on GHB too

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yes but I can get consent when they are on GHB too

Seabass would be proud 

15 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Has anyone answered which Republican policies are radical? 

No.  Too many here are too busy making outlandish claims, engaging in vile hatred, while others just can't handle the tone.

• Like 1