Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Cult Classic Dynasty League has two openings this year

Shotsup ... disappeared around March or April and now it's time tomove on. TheErosion never posts any more but until now has always shown up to draft.

The draft starts next week- the Tuesday after the Steelers/Titans game.  I'm putting it out here for a few days. You guys let me down last year, I had to go to the FAL/FAL forum to find somebody, but as always the Geek Club gets first dibs and I hope for better luck this year.

It's free to participate. PPR scoring with a D/ST. 14 teams rather than the usual 12 with benches that go 22 deep so the waiver wire is always picked over pretty well. Since we push the draft back as late into the preseason as we dare, you get a good eyeful of everybody, it's a bit different to draft than other dynasty leagues.  However many roster spots you clear, that's how many rounds you draft. So if I drop four guys I draft four rounds, if you drop five guys you draft five rounds. 

http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=16444&O=07

shotsup ran Reefer Madness

TheErosion ran Dr. Strangelove.

How in THEEEE hell could someone turn around one of those teams? Serious question. I've never done dynasty and just assume you're focked with those line ups. 

43 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I thought we only had 12 last year

I guess I came in half way so yah, is it a slow draft?

Volty why no flex position?

There are two flex positions. A RB/WR/TE and a WR/TE.

So basically 1 QB, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 1 RB, 2 WR, plus two more. Of the RB/WR/TEs ... variations include 1/4/1, 2/3/1, 2/2/2, 1/3/2. 

The 2/3/1 is the most popular but things stretch a bit thin with 14 teams. Also, these last few years, the NFL and FF have changed. The TE is used heavily and are just as good as a WR3 or a WR2 in most cases. so you can put two TEs in without bating an eyelash. It use to be that using two TEs was a good way of giving yourself ulcers but now TEs are solid. (meanwhile the RB has gone downhill with so many teams are RBBC).

46 minutes ago, Strike said:

I hear Posty is looking for a league.

No. Posty had been with us but he lost the spark and has stopped playing FF altogether.

I hate to speculate on shotsup.... the guy has been in the league from the beginning and posted dang near every day in-season or off-, then on day this past spring stopped coming back.

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There are two flex positions. A RB/WR/TE and a WR/TE.

So basically 1 QB, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 1 RB, 2 WR, plus two more. Of the RB/WR/TEs ... variations include 1/4/1, 2/3/1, 2/2/2, 1/3/2. 

The 2/3/1 is the most popular but things stretch a bit thin with 14 teams. Also, these last few years, the NFL and FF have changed. The TE is used heavily and are just as good as a WR3 or a WR2 in most cases. so you can put two TEs in without bating an eyelash. It use to be that using two TEs was a good way of giving yourself ulcers but now TEs are solid. (meanwhile the RB has gone downhill with so many teams are RBBC).

I get it, I am just want to be able to use 3 RB's for the reason you mentioned, it gives more variables

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

How in THEEEE hell could someone turn around one of those teams? Serious question. I've never done dynasty and just assume you're focked with those line ups. 

well for Theerosion, you trade Edelman and Brees, those guys have lots of value, and you go after some younger players.

the other club, move Brown and Rivers and start over

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

well for Theerosion, you trade Edelman and Brees, those guys have lots of value, and you go after some younger players.

the other club, move Brown and Rivers and start over

So dump and hope you traded for good young players that will pan out. Ya, I don't have that kind of patience. I do appreciate the down low though. Thanks

Google his name and see if you find an obit. 

I am interested.....

Too bad you don't have more openings. i'd play. 

26 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Team name ideas for Peenie sperm-off thread?

Aunt Esther's Heart Attacks....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Google his name and see if you find an obit. 

I have looked, but found nothing.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Too bad you don't have more openings. i'd play. 

We're not full. Feel free to join. We have two openings (Reefer Madness and Dr. Strangelove)) and you and RLLD are the only ones to express an interest.

So either of you can pick one, the other gets the other and I'll PM you both passwords.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

We get to pick Peenie's team name though.  Something movie-related, correct?

It's gotta be roots doesn't it? 

Or the Arnold move eraser. 

Ray took the Dr. Strangelove team. 

Peenie, say the word and you can take over Reefer Madness.

20 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I was thinking Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

We get to pick Peenie's team name though.  Something movie-related, correct?

Firefly isn't movie related...

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Starring Rachel Anne Dolezal as Mathilda.

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Ray took the Dr. Strangelove team. 

Peenie, say the word and you can take over Reefer Madness.

I would like to take Reefer Madness if someone would explain how to play this form of FF.

Like, why do I have those players and can I trade them if I don't like them? Do we have a draft?

How do I get new players?

Are we playing for money?

Is the scoring the same as NFL FF?

Reefer Madness never won....can I change the name?

Black Lives Matter

Kapernick's Knees

(Lol...)

I'll probably name my team something feminine.

Panty Liner

Lol!!

I'm truly kidding.

Antonio Brown's Lawsuit

Fish Head

18 minutes ago, peenie said:

I would like to take Reefer Madness if someone would explain how to play this form of FF.

Like, why do I have those players and can I trade them if I don't like them? Do we have a draft?

Black Lives Matter

Kapernick's Knees

(Lol...)

Panty Liner

Lol!!

I'm truly kidding.

Antonio Brown's Lawsuit

Fish Head

You have to name your team with a movie title...

😀

4 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

For Peenie.

White Heat.

Snatch

Mean Girls. 

Teeth?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Peenie would obviously be Blacula

i would like to see Shaft in the league.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

In this format, it's called dynasty, and the players carry over from year to year. It's a format variation. Most leagues, like Twelve Geeks One Cup, you re-pick from scratch every year. In this league you don't and with two extra teams and long roster sizes, the waiver wire is picked over pretty cleanly too.

The big way is the draft at the beginning of the year. It's a one-time event. It has rookies (young, first year players) as well as players that were not on any teams at the end of last year. Also, each week on Wednesday, we have waivers which means any player that had a really good week, or the starter ahead of them on the depth chart got hurt and an opportunity came for a backup to take on a more active role, and players can be picked up there. In both cases, waivers and the draft, priority goes worst to first. So a really bad team, like the one southcarolina inherited from Sux, can get turned around by picking first in the waivers each week. Then the third was is to make a trade.

No. We usually play at myfantasyleague.com,  which is a pay site, and ask people to chip in to cover the cost but we're not doing that this year. We'll go to a free site so it's totally free.

I don't rightly know. Not the defense scoring which is customized. the offense is pretty standard 1 point per ten yards and 6 for a TD, 4 for a passing TD. This is also PPR (points-per-reception). While I personally prefer no PPR, and long ago threw a fit in another league that wanted to incorporate PPR, I've made my peace with it that people like it this way. GoColts, no longer in the league, was a strong PPR proponent when we started and I was burnt out on arguing/losing the matter from a year or two earlier. 

Sure. We do have a movie theme so please stick to that if you would. It doesn't necessarily have to be movie title. For example, nzoner won the league with a team named Toga! Toga! which (in the unlikely event you don't know) isn't a movie but a chant from the movie Animal House. Old Maid's team name Twin Peaks is far more famous as a TV show rather than the movie they made based on the show, so there's some latitude.

Black Lives Matter

Kapernick's Knees

(Lol...)

Panty Liner

Lol!!

I'm truly kidding.

Antonio Brown's Lawsuit

Fish Head

4 hours ago, peenie said:

MFL has changed the way that teams are given out so I'll need you to PM me an email address and I can get you started. 

Also, welcome peenie. I'm happy to have you join us. I'm glad you stick through posting here and am very happy to treat you as one of the guys.

For clarification: Old Maid use to have a team and named it Twin Peaks. She is no longer in the league. Old School took over the team and retained the name.

Octopussy

White Men Can't Jump

Knocked Up

The Devil Wears Prada

Bedazzled shall be my team name.