Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

DVD bonus features

Remember when DVDs came out and the big deal was bonus features? Directors commentary, deleted scenes, storyboards, etc.?

Remember those weird people who were really into the bonus content? Like they’d talk wistfully about certain DVDs with the best extras? Or complain when a movie skimped on them?

Well what the fock ever happened to that sh1t? Now that everything’s streaming it seems like no one focking cares anymore. And rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I'll take "what idiots think about" for $1000 Alex.

Well that's a very assholic answer.   /flag. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. 😠

I dont think in my life I have watched 5 minutes of bonus footage.  Just don't care enough.  If I like the movie, i watch the movie.  The rest doesn't interest me all that much.

They’ve been replaced by the MCU diikbags who talk about “Easter eggs” and post credits scenes.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

They’ve been replaced by the MCU diikbags who talk about “Easter eggs” and post credits scenes.

“MCU”?

And I focking hate it when d1ckholes talk about “Easter eggs.” Just one of those terms that drives me up the wall.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I dont think in my life I have watched 5 minutes of bonus footage.  Just don't care enough.  If I like the movie, i watch the movie.  The rest doesn't interest me all that much.

I watch the bonus content on "Three Games to Glory" on all 6 releases.  Good stuff.  

I rarely watch movies.  I'm definitely not going to watch bonus features.  I'm assuming they were done away with to keep costs low when selling DVD's though.  Most are what, like 16 bucks now?

Also streaming as you said.  It still blows my mind how people will spend money to own a movie in a digital format.  Just seems weird to me to not own a physical copy if you are going to "own" it.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I rarely watch movies.  I'm definitely not going to watch bonus features.  I'm assuming they were done away with to keep costs low when selling DVD's though.  Most are what, like 16 bucks now?

Also streaming as you said.  It still blows my mind how people will spend money to own a movie in a digital format.  Just seems weird to me to not own a physical copy if you are going to "own" it.

I understand that line of thinking but it’s just the way it is today. Movies, books, music, video games... basically nobody “owns” a physical copy of any of that sh1t anymore. All you own is the right to possess a digital copy.

Which really isn’t that crazy if you think about it and/or you’re under the age of 35 (I’m not)

I do still buy actual books though, but that’s mostly because reading on a Kindle just doesn’t do it for me

35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

“MCU”?

And I focking hate it when d1ckholes talk about “Easter eggs.” Just one of those terms that drives me up the wall.

Marvel Cinematic Universe ie superhero movies. Used to be you could just watch a good movie and enjoy it. Now you need a secret decoder ring to figure out how the plot connects to Black Panther 4 due out in 2030.

47 minutes ago, MDC said:

Marvel Cinematic Universe ie superhero movies. Used to be you could just watch a good movie and enjoy it. Now you need a secret decoder ring to figure out how the plot connects to Black Panther 4 due out in 2030.

You can still watch a good movie and enjoy it. All that other sh1t is fan service.

Was kinda surprised by the bonus scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which also included a little "Easter egg" link to some of his prior movies.

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I did, when I thought there was a chance at seeing Elisha Cuthbert's boobs in The Girl Next Door.

• Like 1