Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Diggs

Recommended Posts

Trying not to be overeactive but 3 games is enough for me to make a decision.  He has to be benched in any game vikings are favored in, including all home games.  The volume isnt there and he doesnt get the cheap tds thielen gets.   

Looking at their schedule, he may not see a favorable game script until weeks 9 and 10 when they play kc and dallas.

I realize he may still be the only option for many teams, but i will be benching him for D-rob going forward.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The final 6 games of last season showed MN was NOT going to be able to carry forward 2 top WR's.  They may alternate who does what each week, but in no way can they run the ball the way they want and support two top ten WR's.  The end of last season should have shown what their intentions are.  It was Theilen though who fell off the map.  Diggs had an opportunity for a huge game in Week 2, but Cousins couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and they just couldn't hook up.  He was wide open on two deep balls in that game though.  One was a massive overthrow and the other Cousins felt he should underthrow it to piss off fantasy owners.  The game plan is to keep the QB out of the game and make him a complete game manager only.  If Cook or Mattison get injured, both WR's would have some value.  Unless that occurs though, one of them is going to disappoint more often than not.  I don't know what you could get for him in a trade, but I wouldn't think it would be but 50% of what you gave to acquire him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with you. Prob going to give him another week. Debo Samuel is my only other option. He is on a bye. There are a few scrubs on the WW.

Viking's running game is so strong this is not going away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vikings' passing game will pick up after Week 4, which is when Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised by the lack of his production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The Vikings' passing game will pick up after Week 4, which is when Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

LOL  C'mon Axe.  You wouldn't give me credit on any players I hyped this preseason that are doing awesome.  I posted a TON about Cook, and he's doing pretty doggone great.  Don't jinx him.  I'm thoroughly enjoying owning him in all my leagues but one right now.  Just admit he's doing well and move on.  lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You wouldn't give me credit on any players I hyped this preseason that are doing awesome.

I give credit where credit is due, but I wasn't here much in the preseason; in fact, I think my first post here was in the last week of August.

If you championed Cook, good for you, but hyping a consensus late-first, early-second round pick isn't exactly sticking your neck out.

We'll see if he's still around in Week 5...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On this particular board, it WAS sticking your neck out.  Read the posts.  Very few people here shared my thoughts on Cook.  He didn't go in the first round of any draft I have seen, whether my own or anyone else's.  When I was hyping him he was at 2.11 in terms of ADP.  He was at the 2.04 at the end of the preseason.  So, he wasn't an early second round pick at the time either.  The old posts show it all. 

STOP jinxing my dude.  I need him this season.  He has my teams off to a great start though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cook does get injured.

Their back up seems to be good enough for the Vikings to continue to be run first.

i can only imagine how frustrating it is for Diggs.

His stats are suffering and will eventually cost him millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lowman said:

If Cook does get injured.

Their back up seems to be good enough for the Vikings to continue to be run first.

i can only imagine how frustrating it is for Diggs.

His stats are suffering and will eventually cost him millions.

If you look at how those Vikings salaries are structured, some of those guys are going to be cut after 2020 anyway.  Probably at least 2 of them.  Rudolph will obviously be one as his bonus money is gone after 2020, but either Theilen or Diggs one won't be on that team.  They both have top 5 cap hits for the Vikes heading into the 2021 season, per overthecap.com.  I was just looking over their salaries and could see them releasing one or the other after the 2020 season.  All those extensions they've handed out over the last two seasons, and a change in offensive philosophy, will see some of those folks given the 'ol heave ho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure Brady to Diggs will be a good combo in 2021. Probably Vernon Davis will be a Patriot too by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lowman said:

I’m sure Brady to Diggs will be a good combo in 2021. Probably Vernon Davis will be a Patriot too by then.

Dude, Brady is currently 42 years old.

in 2021 he will be 44.  how long do you think Brady will play?

I'm calling it now.   its not happening.  Not unless the vikings actually trade him to New England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an offer of A. Rodgers and S. Diggs for C. Newton and Tyreek Hill.  Other owner has only Mason Rudolph and Cam @ QB with not a lot out there on the waiver, and I will just have Diggs sitting on my bench.  Hoping that a bird and a half in hand is better than two in the bush.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flipped a Cooks copy for Diggs in a dynasty after his slow start.

Might not pan out this year but I feel good about it long term 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt Mueller said:

I flipped a Cooks copy for Diggs in my dynasty after his slow start.

Might not pan out this year but I feel good about it long term 

honestly, if they are not gonna utilize him the smart move would be for the team to trade him to shore up another part of the roster.  

Right now there are teams who would likely pay for his services and be happy to have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

On this particular board, it WAS sticking your neck out.  Read the posts.  Very few people here shared my thoughts on Cook.  He didn't go in the first round of any draft I have seen, whether my own or anyone else's.  When I was hyping him he was at 2.11 in terms of ADP.  He was at the 2.04 at the end of the preseason.  So, he wasn't an early second round pick at the time either.  The old posts show it all. 

I'm not interested enough to go mining old posts.  And maybe he was a late-second pick at some point, but he ended up being an early-second pick by the heat of the draft season, and he was pretty much ALWAYS a consensus top 10 RB for games when he was healthy--the only knock being a significant concern that he couldn't stay healthy all season, since he hasn't yet in his career.

So no, I still don't consider it sticking your neck out to hype a top 10 player, unless maybe your claim is that he will stay healthy all season--that WOULD be a stretch--but merely touting Cook as a talented RB wasn't news.

If you were pushing someone like Phillip Dorsett, then I'd be impressed.

Oh wait, that was Axe Elf...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you were pushing someone like Phillip Dorsett, then I'd be impressed.

Oh wait, that was Axe Elf...

Modesty isnt your forte is it Axe Elf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ray_T said:

Modesty isnt your forte is it Axe Elf?

The problem with being the best is that simple self-esteem can sometimes take on the illusion of arrogance, but really, it's only my great humility that makes me better than everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AxeElf said:

The problem with being the best is that simple self-esteem can sometimes take on the illusion of arrogance, but really, it's only my great humility that makes me better than everyone else.

lol ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

honestly, if they are not gonna utilize him the smart move would be for the team to trade him to shore up another part of the roster.  

Right now there are teams who would likely pay for his services and be happy to have him.

Agreed.   And I have to imagine he's not all that pleased either.   To me the guy looks much too talented to be wasting away on that team.  Right now he's basically just a blocker and decoy.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you own Diggs, who would you target for him?  

Im asking because if I can get him cheap from the person that owns him in my league I would give it a try. 

Hey thanks for the reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If you own Diggs, who would you target for him?  

Im asking because if I can get him cheap from the person that owns him in my league I would give it a try. 

Hey thanks for the reply. 

No one.   I don't trade guys when they're at their lowest value 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm not interested enough to go mining old posts.  And maybe he was a late-second pick at some point, but he ended up being an early-second pick by the heat of the draft season, and he was pretty much ALWAYS a consensus top 10 RB for games when he was healthy--the only knock being a significant concern that he couldn't stay healthy all season, since he hasn't yet in his career.

So no, I still don't consider it sticking your neck out to hype a top 10 player, unless maybe your claim is that he will stay healthy all season--that WOULD be a stretch--but merely touting Cook as a talented RB wasn't news.

If you were pushing someone like Phillip Dorsett, then I'd be impressed.

Oh wait, that was Axe Elf...

You don't have to go mining old posts.  They are on the main board right now.  On top of that, he was the 2.11 after the 2nd week of the preseason on most all sites with ADP.  He was listed well behind Mixon, Chubb, Johnson and quite a few others. 

As for not being healthy in his career, we've already discussed this and you are highly incorrect.  He didn't miss time in high school or college.  I posted links to his stats for both in a thread.  He ONLY missed time in MN due to his ACL injury, which then caused his other issues last season as he tried to come back too soon.  Pretty normal for an ACL.  His injuries were highly overblown and all came from the same source.  I DID say he would remain healthy, again, posting his prior stats. 

The only knock was NOT his injuries.  "Experts" were knocking their entire system.  I am not going to repost what I spent a ton of time on this preseason, trying to convince people he was the best RB of the crop outside of the top 4 consensus picks.  My gosh, there were some people who simply bashed him, including the so-called experts.  Anyway, I'm very happy to have grabbed him and hope others did too. 

No, me pushing Terry McLaurin was a bit better than your Dorsett push.  You made one comment about Dorsett.  How many posts did I have about McLaurin?  20 or more?  You flatly stated it was luck.  No, it was not.  It was following the NFL and the NCAA, along with how I do my research.  Go through my posts from the preseason....  Who said to NOT take a TE early and to draft Olsen and Walker?  Me.  It isn't bragging, it's simply pointing out that you made a comment in a post about Dorsett, but that's like your "claim to fame".  Outside of that, all you do is trash anyone that posts here.  Many members here have made some great posts, yet you only tout a single post you make as being the one that will win leagues.  Ok....  I've yet to see you actually compliment anyone on this entire site for a pick they made, a comment or some good information.  I HAVE seen you trash nearly everyone at one time or another and then go on and tout yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

No one.   I don't trade guys when they're at their lowest value 

Would agree with that. 

But someone might want to, so I’m wondering what his value might be. 

Im looking at buying much cheaper then his adp. 

Thanks for the reply 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew that Min wanted to run the ball more this year.

Week 1 was an anomaly due to the game situation  where they passed 10 times

Week 2 cousins thew 32 times 8 targets 5 rec 75 yds for thielen; 7 targets 1 rec 49 yds 1 td for diggs. diggs also had one called back.

Week 3 they threw 21 times..again game was in control and they were milking clock... thielen: 5/3/55/1; diggs: 3/3/15

 

It is hard to envision longer success in the pass happy league, but if the run is working go with it.  they should be able to create more play action off of it though.  I am not seeing as many quick slants as the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Would agree with that. 

But someone might want to, so I’m wondering what his value might be. 

Im looking at buying much cheaper then his adp. 

Thanks for the reply 

If you wanna get him, I'd offer the equivalent of a WR3.   you might offer a WR4 and get him, but I think people will eyeball historical stats and their bottom line will be WR3 value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that’s about right Ray.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the guy in your league is looking to sell, then maybe he's the weekly over-reactor.  If so you look at who you have that did well this past week but you doubt will keep that up in the future.  Taylor Gabriel comes to mind.......to bad he's concussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, I can even see some over reactors just dropping  him.

if he does  make his way to the wire, he should be rostered. 

keep in mind he had an injury leading into week 1.  it is possible that the injury has lingered some.  not enough to keep him out of the lineup, but enough that the team may limit the # of plays going his direction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure would be cheaper if he was dropped 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got him and I'm holding him. Of course I also have... McLaurin, J Brown, Evans, Edelman, Shepard, Anderson and Gallup, So I can afford to bench him until he turns it around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home vs philly in week 6 might be next best game to roll him out.  This week vs bears on road is a no go.  At giants in week 5 is a game they should control and be low volume passing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, Ray_T said:

well, I can even see some over reactors just dropping  him.

Going back to last season, Diggs is under 50 yards in 6 straight games and 7 of 8.  That's bad for a guy being viewed as a WR2 or low-end WR1.

He looks like a clear 2nd fiddle on a run-heavy team.  He's already had two games this season with target totals worse than any game he had all of last year.  I know it's bad form to trade guys at the low end of their value, but at this point I'd move him while he still has some name value.  Or wait and pray that he has a pop-off game in the next couple of weeks and move him then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall thinking he had a decent matchup this week.   Honestly I'm too lazy to check to confirm it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I seem to recall thinking he had a decent matchup this week.   Honestly I'm too lazy to check to confirm it though.

ouch Chicago.   I think you need to bench him.  mean azz defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year vs Chicago 13 for 126 and a TD and 8 for 47 and a TD. I have no idea how those games were played, and it's a different offense this year, obviously. But I don't think it's the matchup that should deter you. I also don't think the Vikings are going to be able to run it all day. Food for thought. Question for me is if Buster Skrine is covering him. He is the weakest link for the Bears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Last year vs Chicago 13 for 126 and a TD and 8 for 47 and a TD. I have no idea how those games were played, and it's a different offense this year, obviously. But I don't think it's the matchup that should deter you. I also don't think the Vikings are going to be able to run it all day. Food for thought. Question for me is if Buster Skrine is covering him. He is the weakest link for the Bears. 

that is a fair comment.

Chicago is 4th best vs the run and solid against the pass, but not dominant.

so if the game script goes to the pass game, and the top corner goes to cover Thielen, Diggs may be the guy who gets all the yards.

it's possible.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

that is a fair comment.

Chicago is 4th best vs the run and solid against the pass, but not dominant.

so if the game script goes to the pass game, and the top corner goes to cover Thielen, Diggs may be the guy who gets all the yards.

it's possible.

 

Thanks. Anyone have a handle on the Bears coverage scheme? Travel corner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×