Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

R. Jones II

38 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Any chance he takes the 1 spot from Barber??

Yes, if they would keep giving him the ball and not just a carry here and there.  I posted in the preseason this kid has a lot of talent.  They aren't going to see if by leaving him on the bench though.  lol  Barber is JAG.  Nothing more.  Jones has some skill, but hasn't shown it all that well yet.  It may be difficult to do against the Rams third ranked defense, however, the season is still young.  He will take the job, barring injury, soon.  Oh, and then Tampa will draft a RB next year that they use to replace them both. 

I don’t think so this season. 

It will be the battle of game situation that will base on who’s getting the ball. 

honestly.... for this fantasy year....  it is a crapshoot.

I have to think eventually he wins the job.    but when that happens is anybody's guess.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we see no action here until we get close to the fantasy playoffs.

Is this going to be a biweekly thread or something?  I thought we discussed it into the ground before Barber put up 16 PPR points in Week 2...  Then he puts up 7.5 in Week 3 and the vultures are circling again.

Depending on how you define it, Ronald Jones has ALREADY taken the lead role from Barber.  Jones has more rushing yards than Barber (164 to 163), more receiving yards than Barber (59 to 26), a higher ypc average than Barber (5.3 to 3.7), a higher ypr average than Barber (29.5 to 5.2), and if Barber didn't have 1 TD to Jones' 0, Jones would have more fantasy points in both PPR and standard scoring than Barber.  Jones even had more carries than Barber in Week 3 (14 to 13), although Barber still has more overall carries (44 to 31) and receptions (5 to 2) than Jones.

It's probably going to continue to be a pretty even split for some time...

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

RBBC roulette on a pass first team that often plays from behind? 

They have been playing from behind for a grand total of 14 of the past 120 game minutes.

6.8 yards per touch vs 3.9 yards per touch.  How long do you suppose it takes the Tampa coaches to figure that one out?

Barber is a career 3.8 guy, so this is who he is.

Those rush avg our always very interesting.  

I mean Jones has a great per rush avg, but he’s also only avg 10 attt per game. 

I simply think the coaches don’t see enough from Jones during the week to make him the go to guy.  

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

They have been playing from behind for a grand total of 14 of the past 120 game minutes.

Let's forget about that niners game ;) IMO this year will look a lot like last year in terms of time spent trailing, but you can tout the TB backfield if you'd like.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

9 minutes ago, rallo said:

Let's forget about that niners game ;) IMO this year will look a lot like last year in terms of time spent trailing, but you can tout the TB backfield if you'd like.

Nothing was touted; it was just another fact provided courtesy of Axe Elf's extensive wisdom.  You are free to interpret the implications of such wisdom for yourself.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So no, not on purpose, LOL... by force. :thumbsup:

He wasn't FORCED to start Jones; he could have left the slot open...

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He wasn't FORCED to start Jones; he could have left the slot open...

If you're in a competitive league, you're somewhat forced to never have open line-up positions.  Not necessarily by a rule (which I am in a league that has one), but by common knowledge.

In that league, if you leave a lineup spot open, you forfeit any winnings for the year.

Agree, same with the league I’m in, you cannot have a open slot.  

You lose money if you do. 

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you're in a competitive league, you're somewhat forced to never have open line-up positions.  Not necessarily by a rule (which I am in a league that has one), but by common knowledge.

In that league, if you leave a lineup spot open, you forfeit any winnings for the year.

Same in ALL of my leagues.  If you leave an open lineup slot for any reason, you get an automatic 'L' for the week, regardless of how badly you beat your opponent.  It helps prevent tanking in Dynasty and Keeper Leagues.

Again shows the quality of leagues some play on, and that some don’t. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Again shows the quality of leagues some play on, and that some don’t. 

Some folks only play in Bestball leagues where they don't have to set a lineup or really know anything.  Bragging about "wins" in a bestball league is ridiculous.  If half your teams are of that variety, you shouldn't be giving advice.  From what I've read on the boards, certain people only play in leagues with rookies, or free leagues, yet they tend to be the ones pretending their ball of knowledge is so much larger than anyone else's. 

I agree, and I don’t even know what a best ball league is.  

Ive heard of them on this site.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Some folks only play in Bestball leagues where they don't have to set a lineup or really know anything.  Bragging about "wins" in a bestball league is ridiculous.  If half your teams are of that variety, you shouldn't be giving advice.  From what I've read on the boards, certain people only play in leagues with rookies, or free leagues, yet they tend to be the ones pretending their ball of knowledge is so much larger than anyone else's. 

They should have learned by now that Axe Elf has the biggest balls of knowledge of them all.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I agree, and I don’t even know what a best ball league is.  

Ive heard of them on this site.  

Sometimes called Draft Master leagues, these are where you draft your team and then you are done.  No trades, no waivers, no lineups.  The software automatically "starts" your best possible lineup after the games are played.  So, like the name implies, you have to be a master of drafting skill--covering byes, drafting enough players at each position to work well together in different weeks, etc.

Draft Master leagues offer all the fun of drafting without the hangover of league management; they're like birth control for fantasy football.

OMG.....  You most certainly do NOT have to be a master of anything to win a Draft Masters league.  You have a large roster and if you can't cover the bye weeks, then you are an idiot and not good enough at FF to play in a traditional league.  If would be different if you only had 4 WR slots, but I've played in plenty of them at RTSports over the years and some of the guys from one of my Dynasty Leagues get one going each year just for fun. 

This is from my homepage at RTSports.  I was playing in the bestball leagues years ago for fun.  I will say this;  For $20, $50 or $100, you can win pretty easily.  Ten team leagues, no management, and you don't even need to consider the bye weeks and who works well with whom each week.  LOL  I stopped playing in them because way back in the day because there is no competition.  No in-season management.  Nothing.  You draft and then check your score each Monday night or Tuesday morning.  There is no excitement, nor fun.  In 2010, I was in 18 Draft Masters leagues.  14 of them, I won.  Big deal.  It was the same for other years.  Again, big deal.  Winning a Draft Masters league is like bragging about losing your virginity to your mother. 

winner-2010.png
14 Time Winner

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

They should have learned by now that Axe Elf has the biggest balls of knowledge of them all.

Sometimes called Draft Master leagues, these are where you draft your team and then you are done.  No trades, no waivers, no lineups.  The software automatically "starts" your best possible lineup after the games are played.  So, like the name implies, you have to be a master of drafting skill--covering byes, drafting enough players at each position to work well together in different weeks, etc.

Draft Master leagues offer all the fun of drafting without the hangover of league management; they're like birth control for fantasy football.

So it’s not really a competitive ff league then. 

Hey thanks for the reply, always appreciate it. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Exactly

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Better read that again.

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hey thanks for your lack of reading comprehension, always a pleasure to correct you!

Sounds like what we do in the offseason. 

Starting in June we do mock drafts for 20-25 dollars per team, then we draft, no trades no waivers. 

First and second and third place teams each get some of the money. 

Those leagues that elf is in sounds like those, no real competition just for fun, I don’t understand how one can brag about winning a mock draft league, but to each their own. 

Thank 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Better read that again.

Hey thanks for your lack of reading comprehension, always a pleasure to correct you!

Yeah I did read it again, and it even sounds less competitive then the first time, it’s really just a mock draft then. 

Hey thank for those replies, I truly appreciate it. 

I know your angry, but those leagues really seem weak. 

Last post from me about this issue, hey take care. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hey thank for those replies, I truly appreciate it. 

I know your angry...

I think the word you are searching for is "you're," but a teacher is never angry to provide remedial attention to a grateful student, no matter how extensive their deficiency.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I think the word you are searching for is "you're," but a teacher is never angry to provide remedial attention to a grateful student, no matter how extensive their deficiency.

You can't simply reply to someone without intentionally trying to offend, can you?  Avoid his points, but attack the messenger?  Not nice.  All you do is annoy people without offering any advice that isn't on the front page of your favorite fantasy website.  It's sad because you could be a likable fellow, yet you choose to be a troll (elf).  Go elf yourself.  :)

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Why do you feel the need to point out others mistakes?  Is your self esteem and identity tied to "being right" and "being knowledgable"?   Does it make you feel powerful?  What is it.  Surely you must realize that you can''t be right all the time.  You're rational enough to know this....  Stop the ticky-tack grammar corrections.  Don't be the annoying know-it-all.

29 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Why do you feel the need to point out others mistakes?

You are using "others" in the possessive sense, so there should be an apostrophe after it.

Would you go up to a college professor and ask them why they felt the need to point out others' mistakes?  The answer, of course, is that I wouldn't be a very good educator if I didn't, now would I?

Think of this site as a classroom, where people come to learn how to make their fantasy football teams better, and the stringent but fair tutelage of Axe Elf is instrumental in that process.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You are using "others" in the possessive sense, so there should be an apostrophe after it.

Would you go up to a college professor and ask them why they felt the need to point out others' mistakes?  The answer, of course, is that I wouldn't be a very good educator if I didn't, now would I?

Think of this site as a classroom, where people come to learn how to make their fantasy football teams better, and the stringent but fair tutelage of Axe Elf is instrumental in that process.

https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/25/76120