edjr

Can someone explain this NBA/Chiner thing?

Saw a clip of my boy Jason Whitlock on Tucker and this sh1t seems to be getting real.

Any chance it causes the NBA to go out of business?

NBA folks like Pop, Kerr, LeBron, Silver etc. love to be woke until it comes to countries who are actually oppressing their people, like China, who spends a lot of money on the NBA.

They can't wait to run their mouth about Trump on bs issues but, close their mouth when their Daddy China gives them a stern look.

It's disgusting and the height of hypocrisy..  Those folks no longer have any credibility. 

• Like 2

It's not just the NBA. China erased South Park from the slant eyed innernet too. 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

NBA folks like Pop, Kerr, LeBron, Silver etc. love to be woke until it comes to countries who are actually oppressing their people, like China, who spends a lot of money on the NBA.

They can't wait to run their mouth about Trump on bs issues but, close their mouth when their Daddy China gives them a stern look.

It's disgusting and the height of hypocrisy..  Those folks no longer have any credibility. 

Exactamundo.  

The love of money is the root of all evil.  The NBA can suck it.

You can support a country of slave laborers as along as the slaves don't tan. That's what I took from this.

Suddenly Steve Kerr is unaware of actual human rights violations in China. But if Trump tweets the weather you will get an earful from that coward. He should really stfu from now on and be heckled every time he's in public.  

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

Do Pop and Kerr have a choice? What do you expect old white dudes to do that coach only black dudes? tell what's really on their minds?

Like Whitlock said, it's all about the sneakers. The sneaker companies control the NBA now. But they stand behind Kap, which is obviously just to mask their partnership with an evil country. 

The NBA pulled out the All Star game from Charlotte over some dumb bathroom bill (woke).  But they still go to China and suck them off.  

You can’t make it up.  

• Thanks 2

I thought Silver basically told China to fock off? Did I miss something? I admittedly have not been following this story very closely 

34 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I thought Silver basically told China to fock off? Did I miss something? I admittedly have not been following this story very closely 

"On Monday, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver waded into the fray. He reportedly spoke to Kyodo News, a local news outlet in Japan, and expressed his support for Morey "in terms of his ability to exercise his freedom of expression."

In a statement the next day, Silver said the NBA could not regulate what "players, employees and team owners" say, and that the league was motivated by "far more than growing our business."

"It is inevitable that people around the world — including from America and China — will have different viewpoints over different issues," he said in the statement. "It is not the role of the NBA to adjudicate those differences.""

China responded by arguing that statements regarding national sovereignty should not be considered as being within the scope of free speech, because if anyone knows what the scope of free speech is its communist China. 

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

In a statement the next day, Silver said the NBA could not regulate what "players, employees and team owners" say, and that the league was motivated by "far more than growing our business."

but can control how they dress :wacko: 

In a new statement, Silver said “the NBA will not put itself in a position of regulating what players, employees and team owners say or will not say on these issues. We simply could not operate that way.” Later, to reporters, Silver said he understands that there are consequences to the kind of comments Morey made and “we will have to live with those consequences.” He called CCTV’s decision not to air Thursday’s preseason game between the Nets and Lakers “unfortunate” but added that “if that’s the consequence of us adhering to our values, we still feel it’s critically important to adhere to those values.”

I dunno seems pretty strongly worded to me :dunno:

Steve Kerr. What a coward and fraud.  Love it. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In a new statement, Silver said “the NBA will not put itself in a position of regulating what players, employees and team owners say or will not say on these issues. We simply could not operate that way.” Later, to reporters, Silver said he understands that there are consequences to the kind of comments Morey made and “we will have to live with those consequences.” He called CCTV’s decision not to air Thursday’s preseason game between the Nets and Lakers “unfortunate” but added that “if that’s the consequence of us adhering to our values, we still feel it’s critically important to adhere to those values.”

I dunno seems pretty strongly worded to me :dunno:

They pulled the All Star game out of NC over some stupid bathroom bill BUT continue to visit China

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

They pulled the All Star game out of NC over some stupid bathroom bill BUT continue to visit China

One expects better from North Carolina, no?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

One expects better from North Carolina, no?

Bathrooms vs. street beatings and prison?  That is an odd equation, no?

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Let's not forget the Muslim concentration camps and forced sterilization. Yeah, it's similar.  

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I’m not equating that I’m saying China is known to abuse human rights and North Carolina isn’t. Of course you don’t approach them quite the same. I dunno, I got no dog in this fight but I’m glad Silver stood up to China a bit. Many/most multinational companies don’t 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m not equating that I’m saying China is known to abuse human rights and North Carolina isn’t. Of course you don’t approach them quite the same. I dunno, I got no dog in this fight but I’m glad Silver stood up to China a bit. Many/most multinational companies don’t 

How did he stand up to them? Did he tell them we're not doing business as long as you continue to violate human rights? Did I miss that? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How did he stand up to them? Did he tell them we're not doing business as long as you continue to violate human rights? Did I miss that? 

He said people are free to criticize you and if you’re going to refuse to air games over than then go fock yourself.

Honestly, what business has EVER stood up to China that much? I haven’t heard of one.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

He said people are free to criticize you and if you’re going to refuse to air games over than then go fock yourself.

Honestly, what business has EVER stood up to China that much? I haven’t heard of one.

Didn't hear about him saying the thing about not airing games. Good for him if he did. 

The NBA won't change course with China.   If the fans get mad enough to start boycotting the NBA, the corporate PR handbook says you deflect to another situation.  So that means the NBA would announce a new major humanitarian relief effort to Haiti.  They will promote the hell out of it, showing clips of players traveling to Haiti delivering food, medicine, etc.  They will drown you in Haitian relief effort coverage before each game played until you forget the China issue.

The situation with China is similar to the plot of the Hunger Games.

When Katniss and Peeta were going to eat the berries, they claimed it was about their love for each other.  But as President Snow said, the suicidal act could ALSO be construed as an act of defiance against the Hunger Games and of the government.  Snow didn't want to appear weak because looking weak could inspire revolt across all districts.  So K & P were carefully instructed to go on their victory tour of all districts and stick to the script to try to convince people it wasn't insurrection.

These companies such as the NBA sign agreements to work in China.  But then NBA employees use that agreement to openly support an insurrection inside China.  China, like President Snow, MUST stand strong against such defiance or else they could begin to lose control of other regions.  So China will go overboard to demonstrate such acts will not be tolerated.

This is how China does things. They take it personally and they retaliate when criticized. You can make money there and shut up/look the other way or speak out and not. If you criticize China, they'll pressure your company to fire you. Airline pilots getting fired for supporting Hong Kong, business executives called home. 

NBA fans in China won't know what's going on but they'll suspect it when the games aren't being aired and NBA stuff isn't being promoted. It'll just add to the list. Winnie the Pooh just disappeared here not because of anything Disney did but because Xi Jin Ping looks like Winnie the Pooh and people made funny memes.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This is how China does things. They take it personally and they retaliate when criticized. You can make money there and shut up/look the other way or speak out and not. If you criticize China, they'll pressure your company to fire you. Airline pilots getting fired for supporting Hong Kong, business executives called home. 

NBA fans in China won't know what's going on but they'll suspect it when the games aren't being aired and NBA stuff isn't being promoted. It'll just add to the list. Winnie the Pooh just disappeared here not because of anything Disney did but because Xi Jin Ping looks like Winnie the Pooh and people made funny memes.

It's the liberal mecca.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

It's the liberal mecca.

Facebook, Twitter and Youtube operate the same way.

We desperately need court cases protecting free speech online. I hear about them all the time, but what I never hear are any decisions.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It's  the Newbie of countries.  

Does the NBA have the right to stay politically neutral?  Or must they provide a political platform for their employees?  Do you want an NBA where before 5 minutes before tipoff and during timeouts we get subjected to the political rants of various players, coaches, and executives?  Or do you just want to watch a game?  Because it sounds like you want politics all over your sports.

46 minutes ago, riversco said:

Does the NBA have the right to stay politically neutral?  Or must they provide a political platform for their employees?  Do you want an NBA where before 5 minutes before tipoff and during timeouts we get subjected to the political rants of various players, coaches, and executives?  Or do you just want to watch a game?  Because it sounds like you want politics all over your sports.

Neutral? They aren't neutral, they picked sides and now they are massive hypocrites.

Trump said Kerr looked like a scared little boy when he got asked about  China. Lol.  Trump wins again! MAGA! 

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

It's not just the NBA. China erased South Park from the slant eyed innernet too. 

I heard about that. I want to see that episode. Anyone got a name or episode number or link? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump said Kerr looked like a scared little boy when he got asked about  China. Lol.  Trump wins again! MAGA! 

How hard did you stroke it? Cuck.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

How hard did you stroke it? Cuck.

Ha! You mad bro? 

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Either you are “woke” or you are not.  This half pregnant stuff is laughable.  That’s the point.   

People will protest freaking Chick-Fil-a because the CEO is “Christian”.  Then that night order in Chinese food or go to an Indian buffet.  Lolz

It’s as if they don’t know how gheys are treated around the world.

This “woke” culture isn’t truly principled.  They pick and choose based on politics or in the NBA’s case.....costs them money.

• Thanks 1

Checking it out too.

Been a while since I watched South Park, I'd like to see if Trey and Matt still bring it.