IGotWorms

Horror films superthread

Just now, MDC said:

It’s on Prime and Vudu. It was gory AF and a ton of fun.

We disagree on that last part.  It was a bit much for me.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

We disagree on that last part.  It was a bit much for me.  

I thought it was a blast: disgusting and suspenseful.

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Did you see The Sadness? It was gross but so far over the top that I laughed through almost all of it. My wife was less amused!

OMG...  It was so funny on some of the conversations that they had...

On 8/9/2023 at 6:40 PM, MDC said:

It’s ROUGH. 

If you like it may want to check out a French movie called Inside too. Also brutal.

Not bad…  I know it is supposed to be serious but the baby CGI shaking and stuff is too funny…

Pearl was just meh. Yeah the confession part was pretty good acting, but, if you watch her eyes you can tell shes reading it off the table.  Not a fan of the retro intro etc. X was way better.  

Watched "Terrifier" and "Terrifier 2" last night...  Definitely different, but enjoyable watching Art the Clown...  He did have a tendency to go overboard though, but I guess that happens...

On 4/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, BillyKing said:

I hear Nefarious is pretty good. 97% audience score on RT. Of course, it’s 31% critic score cause they claim it’s “a Christian and conservative propaganda piece” because it has positive views on Christianity. That’s the only reason they hate it. Meanwhile, Evil Dead Rise has shirts on there saying “eat the rich”, one of the girls is going to a protest, they condemn religion and act like it’s a big evil thing, etc. THAT they’re ok with 

Just watched Nefarious.  I recommend. 

1 hour ago, posty said:

Watched "Terrifier" and "Terrifier 2" last night...  Definitely different, but enjoyable watching Art the Clown...  He did have a tendency to go overboard though, but I guess that happens...

Killer clowns never know when to stop.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I guess that is very true...

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

Killer Clowns from Outer Space is another favorite of mine. 

We saw the Last Voyage of the Demeter last night, pretty good. 

On 8/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, posty said:

Started watching terrified 2 yesterday, meh

I don't know, the more "new" horror I watch the more I realize I just enjoy the 80s campy stuff.  Or the new supernatural stuff like the conjuring series.  But the new slashers and torture stuff, just can't do it anymore 

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't know, the more "new" horror I watch the more I realize I just enjoy the 80s campy stuff.  Or the new supernatural stuff like the conjuring series.  But the new slashers and torture stuff, just can't do it anymore 

Same here. I'll take the 80s stuff over a lot of the new "gore" lately. 

We did watch "Cobwebs" last night, it wasn't terrible. 

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

What have you been watching that you don't like? 

I am the opposite- I think there is a ton of great horror now, and have trouble watching some if the camp I grew up with.  

Maybe I just naturally avoid the slasher stuff? 

12 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

What have you been watching that you don't like? 

I am the opposite- I think there is a ton of great horror now, and have trouble watching some if the camp I grew up with.  

Maybe I just naturally avoid the slasher stuff? 

Well the Terrifier 2, then I tried Watching Evil Dead Rise, love the Evil Dead series, but this didn't catch me.  Also I stream whatever horror I find when I work and nothing new has interested me.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well the Terrifier 2, then I tried Watching Evil Dead Rise, love the Evil Dead series, but this didn't catch me.  Also I stream whatever horror I find when I work and nothing new has interested me.

Evil Dead Rise was pretty good until the title card, then it went down hill after that...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Evil Dead Rise was pretty good until the title card, then it went down hill after that...

That was all I watched since my wife wanted to watch something else.  Guess I won't bother starting it back up. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna do a 31 Days of Halloween this October this year where I watch one horror movie a night and then post the reviews.  Would be fun if others wanted to join in.

I'm gonna do a 31 Days of Halloween this October this year where I watch one horror movie a night and then post the reviews.  Would be fun if others wanted to join in.

I am in! 

Who picks the movie list?

Don't know if I can fully partake since horror isn't my wife's forte.  I'll chime in when able though. :cheers:

Speaking of wife... She's out of town going on a cross-country GC fock-a-thon so I'm going to try and watch some of the movies which have been mentioned recently. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

From the past 4-5 years the horror movies I really liked were The Dark and the Wicked, Mandy, Caveat, the Sadness. 

More sci-fi but Benson and Moorhead make interesting movies: the Endless, Synchronic and Something in the Dirt all worth seeing.

If you have Shudder a Spanish movie called Terrified from 2017 was legit creepy.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Don't know if I can fully partake since horror isn't my wife's forte.  I'll chime in when able though. :cheers:

I will probably be in the same boat...  I will throw in my two cents when I can as well...

1 hour ago, MDC said:

From the past 4-5 years the horror movies I really liked were The Dark and the Wicked, Mandy, Caveat, the Sadness

More sci-fi but Benson and Moorhead make interesting movies: the Endless, Synchronic and Something in the Dirt all worth seeing.

If you have Shudder a Spanish movie called Terrified from 2017 was legit creepy.

:thumbsup:

The Sadness was decent zombie fun.  Do think I've seen the others - adding to the list

Martyrs wasn't all that great.  Plenty of movies with equal or better gore.  The skin suits (lack of skin suit) were pretty low budget.  Purpose was underwhelming.

And while I'm at it - what's with the sponge baths?  If you built a facility like that why not include a spray down area or spray down the whole area?  There is a hose hanging right by the ladder for fok sake.

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I've been doing this for a bit, so I will post here too.   Last year my son was in the hospital in October for a week so I got in about 45.  😆 

I usually try to watch a whole series I haven't seen many of in that month too.  I think last year it was Psycho. 

Watching Terrifier 2...  Good enough so far mainly because Art the Clown rocks. 

:pointstosky:

Edit:   I just got to a fun part

when Art kills main character's friend.  Coming back with the bleach and salt was :chefskiss:

:lol:

I paused and was surprised to see there's still an hour left???   :shocking:

Terrifier 2 was entertaining enough. Ran a bit too long and the ending was retarded, but the gore was fun. 

If you guys like 80s camp but feel like you’ve seen everything Italy out out a lot of worthwhile movies during this time: Suspiria, Phenomena, Zombie, The Beyond. City of the Living Dead, Demons 1-2, The Church. 

Shudder has a ton of these.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

If you guys like 80s camp but feel like you’ve seen everything Italy out out a lot of worthwhile movies during this time: Suspiria, Phenomena, Zombie, The Beyond. City of the Living Dead, Demons 1-2, The Church. 

Yeah I've been going through the shudder and AMC+ catalog.  They have tons of cheesy 80s horror flicks.

26 minutes ago, DonS said:

Terrifier 2 was entertaining enough. Ran a bit too long and the ending was retarded, but the gore was fun. 

Yeah it was a long movie for sure, compared to the first one...

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

Is Shudder free?

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Is Shudder free?

No $5/month for me through Prime.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

No $5/month for me through Prime.

I opt for $9/mo for AMC+, which comes with Shudder, and then every once in a while they have an offer for $1/month for 3 months.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I opt for $9/mo for AMC+, which comes with Shudder, and then every once in a while they have an offer for $1/month for 3 months.

What else does AMC+ get you that isn't available elsewhere?  It's hard to keep track of all these different "+" streaming services. 

Just now, DonS said:

What else does AMC+ get you that isn't available elsewhere?  It's hard to keep track of all these different "+" streaming services. 

Bunch more movies.  They have a good series, not horror, but Everyone Hates Kevin was pretty good.

PSA:  I use an app called "Just Watch" which helps me figure out where movies and shows are streaming / available for rent.

"Just Watch" allowed me find Terrifier 2 for free on Vudu Fandango. 

Just a heads up if anyone wasn't already aware of this helpful app.

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

PSA:  I use an app called "Just Watch" which helps me figure out where movies and shows are streaming / available for rent.

"Just Watch" allowed me find Terrifier 2 for free on Vudu Fandango. 

Just a heads up if anyone wasn't already aware of this helpful app.

I use it all the time, it's great.