IGotWorms

Horror films superthread

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Surprisingly well made, but damn was that movie extremely focked up!!!! 

My wife was mad at me for weeks. :lol: 

2 hours ago, posty said:

@MDC

Just got finished watching it...  Yep, very damn good movie...  I am glad that I saw that article and asked you guys about it...

What about the standalone sequel "Peninsula" that came out in 2020?  RT has it at 55%...

Haven’t seen it.

Watched M3GAN and The Black Phone yesterday...  Not bad flicks...  Though M3GAN felt very slow for the first half as it had to set everything up...  

Just watched Eden Lake. 

Not bad, though I was disappointed the main character's tittays didn't pop out of that sundress as she was running around. 

Watched NOPE yesterday...  Interesting concept for sure and I enjoyed it...

On 8/25/2023 at 10:47 PM, DonS said:

Just watched Eden Lake. 

Not bad, though I was disappointed the main character's tittays didn't pop out of that sundress as she was running around. 

Beth on Yellowstone.  Watch Season 1 Episode 3.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:47 AM, DonS said:

Just watched Eden Lake. 

Just watched this as well...  Not a bad movie like you said...

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Beth on Yellowstone.  Watch Season 1 Episode 3.

Ooooh.  I'll have to check that out. :banana:

Edit: a quick search shows that she ain't shy about showing off dem tittays! 

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I know it's a tv series, but, Mindhunter any good?  Hasn't been in my radar until recently.

I thought it blew, but people like it. :dunno: 

• Like 1

Looking at the upcoming streaming schedule, moving closer to Halloween.  Actor's strike affected?

Dark Windows 8/18

Bad Things 8/18

The Boogeyman 8/29

Blood Flower 9/8

Elevator Game 9/15

No One Will Save You 9/20

Pet Cemetery: Bloodline 10/6

Five Nights at Freddy's 10/27

:dunno:

Maybe there is some yet to be announced.

53 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I know it's a tv series, but, Mindhunter any good?  Hasn't been in my radar until recently.

I liked S1 more than S2.  Primarily because the actor playing the serial killer did a great job and calmly described how difficult certain acts are to perform.  (the more you know 🌈

Was also interesting to see how the idea of coming up with a psych profile for these freaks was a new thing.

To be fair it does start off a bit slow so stick with it. 

The show also has Anna Torv (from Fringe) playing a hot lesbo.  :banana:  no nudity though. :cry:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

The show also has Anna Torv (from Fringe) playing a hot lesbo.  :banana:

That's what got my attention.  She's in The Last of Us and doesn't look half bad in a bikini.

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I liked S1 more than S2.  Primarily because the actor playing the serial killer did a great job and calmly described how difficult certain acts are to perform.  (the more you know 🌈

Was also interesting to see how the idea of coming up with a psych profile for these freaks was a new thing.

To be fair it does start off a bit slow so stick with it. 

The show also has Anna Torv (from Fringe) playing a hot lesbo.  :banana:

I agree, S1 was better than 2. 

Ed Kemper (the serial killer they interview) was incredibly calm during his interviews, this actor did an amazing job. 

I wish the series was renewed because they killer they are following (the TV repair/security guy) is the BTK killer, would have been cool to see how they were able to eventually profile him and find him. 

Just now, Horseman said:

That's what got my attention.  She's in The Last of Us and doesn't look half bad in a bikini.

She's dreamy :cheers:

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Ed Kemper (the serial killer they interview) was incredibly calm during his interviews, this actor did an amazing job. 

Thank you!  I couldn't remember his name. 

Just finished watching [rec] and it was pretty good...  Is it worth watching the three sequels?

I am skipping the remake Quarantine completely as remakes in America just suck...

30 minutes ago, posty said:

Just finished watching [rec] and it was pretty good...  Is it worth watching the three sequels?

I am skipping the remake Quarantine completely as remakes in America just suck...

If I remember right, 2 was good but they tail off after that a bit.  I think there was 4.   

Yes, skip the crap American remake . but I also can't think of one I would tell people to watch.  

Saw the Nun 2 this weekend pretty good. Sort of predictable, I guess to some people. But I didn't catch on until almost the end, hahaha. 

If you go, stay after- there's a little teaser just a few minutes into the credits. 

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Watched Cobweb over the weekend, was good, nice little haunted house/monster story

We saw that one too, not bad. 

Watched [rec]² and [rec]³...  Not bad, probably could have skipped the third one since it wasn't part of the linear original and second one, but it still wasn't that bad...

8 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's looking like my 31 in October will be a Stephen King theme.   God help me.  :lol: 

🤢

18 minutes ago, posty said:

🤢

There's reasons for it, but I've seen so many horror movies at this point that the quality hit rate is low no matter what 31 I watch.  I'm usually digging deep into franchises and watching subpar remakes and sequels.  

I know that it is a shot-for-shot remake, but I decided to re-watch both versions of Funny Games...  Got to say, Naomi Watts is a lot nicer to look at over Susanne Lothar...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

I know that it is a shot-for-shot remake, but I decided to re-watch both versions of Funny Games...  Got to say, Naomi Watts is a lot nicer to look at over Susanne Lothar...

You might like Evolution of Horror podcast - they just covered both versions not long ago. 

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

You might like Evolution of Horror podcast - they just covered both versions not long ago. 

Love that podcast.   I listened to all of the body horror and watched those.   There are some great series. 

Cobweb meh. Ok for a Halloween show for the kids. 
Trinket Box - below average acting, slow at times, but the jump scares were pretty good. 

I finally saw Barbarian last weekend. I didn’t love it was but was entertaining. Justin Long playing a complete dbag made the movie for me. I :lol:  every time he was on screen. 

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

I finally saw Barbarian last weekend. I didn’t love it was but was entertaining. Justin Long playing a complete dbag made the movie for me. I :lol:  every time he was on screen. 

IMO it would have been a 10/10 if not for the Kool-Aid man scene + watertower.   The last 10mins or so really took the steam out of what I thought was an amazing movie up to that point.  The tone shift from one of my favorite recent jump scares to Justin Long is fantastic.   "yeah, b1tch - square footage!" 

• Like 1

Just finished watching "Seoul Station" on FreeVee, which is the animated movie that came out after "Train to Busan", but it is supposed to be the prequel before the film series as how the zombie epidemic began...

RT's critics gave it 100% out of 23 reviews, but the audience gave it a 38%...  I would lean towards the audience rating on this one...

Finally was able to watch "Cannibal Holocaust" on Plex...  A very light-hearted family film for sure...

I wonder how much of this still continues to happen today?

16 minutes ago, posty said:

Finally was able to watch "Cannibal Holocaust" on Plex...  A very light-hearted family film for sure...

Great post.  Got me really laughing.

25 minutes ago, posty said:

Watched that for the first time several weeks ago.  I had to skip over the bits where they killed animals since that was 100% real. :nono:

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Watched that for the first time several weeks ago.  I had to skip over the bits where they killed animals since that was 100% real. :nono:

That movie is gross. :thumbsup: