Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Witcher on Netflix

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Not sure if you watch Mandalorian which comes out weekly. But do you think that shows on Netflix do better if they come out weekly rather than in a whole season release because it holds the audience for a longer time frame rather than just having them doing a binge fest on the season?

I have the mandalorian downloaded. I'm saving it for my trip in a couple of weeks when I have airplane time to kill, and can't use Netflix.

I dunno. Both have their good points I guess. Game of thrones was a weekly anticipation thing. But usually, I prefer binge watching. But yeah. I mowed through all 8 Witcher episodes in about 24 hours, now it's a two year wait. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:11 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

This show is nothing special so far. Idk if I will make it past episode 2

Agreed, I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Kinda boooooring 

7 hours ago, sderk said:

Not sure if you watch Mandalorian which comes out weekly. But do you think that shows on Netflix do better if they come out weekly rather than in a whole season release because it holds the audience for a longer time frame rather than just having them doing a binge fest on the season?

Thats how tv was in the olden days lol

I think I knew this but didn't pay attention before, but there is a whole series of books the games are based off of, and of course the game inspired the series.

I picked up all the books yesterday... will start on them after I'm donenwith my current read.

6 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I think I knew this but didn't pay attention before, but there is a whole series of books the games are based off of, and of course the game inspired the series.

I picked up all the books yesterday... will start on them after I'm donenwith my current read.

Ive read a couple of the books. Most of season 1 of the show was taken from short stories he wrote, not the novels.

My only real criticism of the show are these... 

1. They did a poor job of explaining the world we are watching. The geography, politics, religion, etc.

2. A lot of the short stories were done in one episode, but were very rushed. The book version is much more well explained and has more character conflict.

The easily could have covered the exact same source material but made 12 episodes instead of 8, and it would have been better.

But still, I loved it, can't wait for more! 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:08 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I tried, I really did, but the PC and minority nonsense is killing it for me so far

https://i.imgur.com/mNi3s8B.jpg

I like the story, but the diversity sh1t is really pulling me out of it.

Everyone speaks with an English accent, but every scene has a black or middle eastern person in it. 

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I like the story, but the diversity sh1t is really pulling me out of it.

Everyone speaks with an English accent, but every scene has a black or middle eastern person in it. 

Don’t forget a powerful women who can kill men with ease 

8 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Don’t forget a powerful women who can kill men with ease 

I'm totally cool with powerful women using magic and dominating but yeah 110lb normal women beating up a group of men kills my suspension of belief.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm totally cool with powerful women using magic and dominating but yeah 110lb normal women beating off a group of men kills my suspension of belief.

Does it have closed captioning? 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Does it have closed captioning? 

Her arms have to get tired.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, shorepatrol said:

Son is finishing it up and said it's great. Got a week off so I'll watch it 

For some reason this made me feel very sad

Finally getting around to watching this.  Just started episode 3.  Why didn't anyone say the hunchback has nice tittays?  Between sexy humpbacks and sexy retards (on Travelers) it seems like Netflix is trying to satisfy some niche fetishes.  :banana:

BTW, I'm also not seeing any dates listed regarding various storylines. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

BTW, I'm also not seeing any dates listed regarding various storylines. 

Yep. That is the confusing part of that series. Goes back and forth. I'll rewatch right prior to the second season coming out in 2021.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep. That is the confusing part of that series. Goes back and forth. I'll rewatch right prior to the second season coming out in 2021.

Nothing confusing about Yennifer's t1ts.  Hot damn they're nice! 

7 hours ago, DonS said:

Nothing confusing about Yennifer's t1ts.  Hot damn they're nice! 

I don't think this would be a spoiler, Yennefer's timelines covers 80 years, Geralt's 20 years and, Ciri's is about 2 weeks. Geralt is already ~100 when his timeline begins.

I'm a nerd, I listened to the Netflix podcast that interviewed the showrunner.  I wish they would have explained that in the show a bit better.  I will watch it again before S2.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Pretty much anything with the Witcher and Yennifer except for like the last episode or two is the past. 

I kinda forgot what they Yennifer's taters look like.  May need to watch a couple episodes to refresh the memory (spank) bank.

4 hours ago, Reality said:

I don't think this would be a spoiler, Yennefer's timelines covers 80 years, Geralt's 20 years and, Ciri's is about 2 weeks. Geralt is already ~100 when his timeline begins.

I'm a nerd, I listened to the Netflix podcast that interviewed the showrunner.  I wish they would have explained that in the show a bit better.  I will watch it again before S2.

I noticed at one point Yennifer mentioned how for the past 3 decades she'd been doing yada yada yada, so it was clear that a lot of time had passed but it wasn't completely obvious how much.  It became apparent that parts were in the past in episode 4 with the wedding scene. 

Finished S1 last night. I was hoping that blonde chick's tittays would've popped out while fighting.  I think the character's name was Sabrina(?).  Her cleavage definitely caught my attention. :wub:

Started playing Witcher 3 today.  Looks like it's going to be a fun one.  Need to get used to the movement controls, however, as it seems a little too spinny when changing direction and can be frustrating to face something just right in order to interact with the item.  I'm sure I'll adapt.

Combat is damn fluid though!  :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, DonS said:

Started playing Witcher 3 today.  Looks like it's going to be a fun one.  Need to get used to the movement controls, however, as it seems a little too spinny when changing direction and can be frustrating to face something just right in order to interact with the item.  I'm sure I'll adapt.

It's a great game.

If you like that one, try assassins creed odyssey next. 

9 hours ago, DonS said:

The finest RPG I've ever played, 5 years old and still holds up.  Pick up the DLC's, they are good as well.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

The finest RPG I've ever played, 5 years old and still holds up.  Pick up the DLC's, they are good as well.

I bought the "complete" edition so it contains both DLCs as well.  Stayed up too late playing last night so my ass is dragging this morning!

Does the following internal dialog sound familiar to you guys? 

Sh1t, it's 1130.  Let me finish this one thing and then I need to head to bed. Hey, there's a '?' nearby so I'll knock that out and then head to bed.  Just stumbled across a small side quest so I'll wrap this up real quick. Rinse, repeat.  Rinse, repeat. 

Fock me it's 1am... 

:cheers:

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

I bought the "complete" edition so it contains both DLCs as well.  Stayed up too late playing last night so my ass is dragging this morning!

Does the following internal dialog sound familiar to you guys? 

Sh1t, it's 1130.  Let me finish this one thing and then I need to head to bed. Hey, there's a '?' nearby so I'll knock that out and then head to bed.  Just stumbled across a small side quest so I'll wrap this up real quick. Rinse, repeat.  Rinse, repeat. 

Fock me it's 1am... 

:cheers:

Absolutely, you left out the dirty looks from the wife though..

:D

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

Absolutely, you left out the dirty looks from the wife though..

:D

Luckily she didn't wake up to b1tch at me.  She did make a comment this morning that I had a surprising amount of energy considering I only had a few hours of sleep. 

Holy focking sh1t!!  Playing game and some NPCs just said the "get the gimp" dialog from Pulp Fiction as I walked by!  My wife actually just asked what I was laughing about. :lol:

It's official: "wh0reson" is now an integral part of my vocabulary.