Jump to content
ZeroTolerance

***Geek Club Playoff Game 2020***

Recommended Posts

Is there any possibility of switching a player if he's ruled out before ever playing a playoff snap?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (calf) "felt some tightness" at practice but still has a shot at playing in the Divisional Round against the Titans.

 

Had to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Is there any possibility of switching a player if he's ruled out before ever playing a playoff snap?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (calf) "felt some tightness" at practice but still has a shot at playing in the Divisional Round against the Titans.

 

Had to ask.

Nothing in the rules to allow for that, so we're just stuck if he sits.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Nothing in the rules to allow for that, so we're just stuck if he sits.

I would assume you have to take stuff like that into consideration before. Hence few ertz selections and also few Ingram selection by teams that didn’t take Lamar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Nothing in the rules to allow for that, so we're just stuck if he sits.

He already lost when he only took the chiefs d anyway ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Nothing in the rules to allow for that, so we're just stuck if he sits.

Thanks,I assumed as much but it never hurts to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

He already lost when he only took the chiefs d anyway ;)

I'm so old school that I personally love a good defensive battle and it's been way too long since I've had any confidence in the defense of a playoff bound Chiefs team.That confidence has finally returned so in a FF game for bragging rights I'll take the gamble.I'm so ready to once again see good KC playoff D I'm even pulling out  the throwback Derrick Thomas jersey for hopefully three more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I'm so old school that I personally love a good defensive battle and it's been way too long since I've had any confidence in the defense of a playoff bound Chiefs team.That confidence has finally returned so in a FF game for bragging rights I'll take the gamble.I'm so ready to once again see good KC playoff D I'm even pulling out  the throwback Derrick Thomas jersey for hopefully three more games.

I like your reasoning.  Just hard to imagine that if we do get to where we want to be, someone like Mahomes or Hill or Kelce wouldn't have been a bigger point differential than a defensive unit.  But wtf do I know, I've been sucking at fantasy football this entire last decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Just hard to imagine that if we do get to where we want to be, someone like Mahomes or Hill or Kelce wouldn't have been a bigger point differential than a defensive unit.  

I agree.  While I took Rogers and Lamar, I think Mahomes and Lamar would have been wise because of 5 nearly guaranteed games.  Hill would have worked because of weak WR in the AFC.  Kelce, same for TEs.  But Chiefs D makes no sense to me when given the other options and how little the point potential is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I agree.  While I took Rogers and Lamar, I think Mahomes and Lamar would have been wise because of 5 nearly guaranteed games.  Hill would have worked because of weak WR in the AFC.  Kelce, same for TEs.  But Chiefs D makes no sense to me when given the other options and how little the point potential is. 

Oh believe me I thought long and hard about it but as I stated above I love old school defense therefore I took the 2 squads that I thought could give me the most enjoyment while watching the games and I fully expect those 2 squads in front of their home crowds to tee off a few times.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much am i winning by?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, edjr said:

how much am i winning by?

you quit mid-week

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens for DEF scoring when a team gives up more than 27?  Does is stay at 2 pts or go down to 0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Divisional Round standings

 t1. tanatastic - 251 (Adams/Kittle/Kelce/Henry)

 t1. Voltaire - 251 (Jones/Kittle/Kelce/Henry)

  3. worm - 233 (Adams/Kittle/Mahomes/Henry)

  4. TimmySmith - 220 (Rodgers/Kittle/Kelce/Henry)

  5. WhiteWonder - 218 (Adams/Kittle/Kelce/Henry)

  6. Old School - 217 (Crosby/Kittle/Kelce/Henry)

  7. Herbivore - 216 (Jones/Kittle/Kelce/Tennessee)

  8. cmh6476 - 213 (Jones/Kittle/Mahomes/Henry)

  9. ZeroTolerance - 212 (Adams/San Francisco/Mahomes/Henry)

 10. KayJay1971 - 205 (Jones/Kittle/Kelce/Joseph)

 11. Alias Detective - 204 (Jones/Kittle/Kelce/Joseph)

t12. Kopy - 197 (Jones/Sanders/Kelce/Joseph)

t12. listen2me 23 - 197 (Adams/Garoppolo/Mahomes/Henry)

 14. varsity - 187 (Jones/Kittle/Kelce/Brown)

 15. Flipper - 185 (Jones/Kittle/Hill/Henry)

 16. Bier Meister - 183 (Crosby/Kittle/Hill/Henry)

 17. nzoner - 179 (Jones/San Francisco/Kansas City/Brown)

 18. riversco - 166 (Jones/Kittle/Mahomes/Tennessee)

 19. jerryskids - 147 (Jones/Kittle/Mahomes/Joseph)

 20. Bill E. - 139 (Jones/Mostert/Hill/Smith)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I don't collapse. If I had to choose between Jones and Adams, for 1+1 games, I'd take Jones.

Two more games of Mahomes could be scary too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I hope I don't collapse. If I had to choose between Jones and Adams, for 1+1 games, I'd take Jones.

Two more games of Mahomes could be scary too. 

Especially with Kelce’s injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

You are all sleeping on the Tenn D.  😴

Better than sleeping with Tenn D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder where I would have been with Kelce, Kittle, Adams and Henry left in the lineup I didn't submit...  Oh well... 

I am glad Seattle is out...  I still hate that F'n defense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

I wonder where I would have been with Kelce, Kittle, Adams and Henry left in the lineup I didn't submit...  Oh well... 

I am glad Seattle is out...  I still hate that F'n defense...

I couldn’t care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I couldn’t care less.

I know no one else does, but I was just wondering...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, posty said:

I know no one else does, but I was just wondering...

Do some math.  Tell me.  I’m now interested. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Especially with Kelce’s injury.

Kelce was hurt? Must have happened late, he went bonkers (aren't watching any games, up to my eyeballs in work lately.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Kelce was hurt? Must have happened late, he went bonkers (aren't watching any games, up to my eyeballs in work lately.)

He had a Q tag before the game with a slight knee issue,he went out for a series a two and the back-up TE got a score but he came back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 2:53 PM, posty said:

I wonder where I would have been with Kelce, Kittle, Adams and Henry left in the lineup I didn't submit...  Oh well... 

I am glad Seattle is out...  I still hate that F'n defense...

if you bothered to make a lineup why would you NOT submit it for a free, fun contest?....., yet still post in the thread?

you make no sense some (most) of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

if you bothered to make a lineup why would you NOT submit it for a free, fun contest?....., yet still post in the thread?

you make no sense some (most) of the time.

I never claimed that I made sense...

Just didn't feel like submitting it...  Wasn't to confident in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conference championship standings

  1. worm - 293 (Kittle/Mahomes)

  2. Voltaire - 286 (Kittle/Kelce)

  3. ZeroTolerance - 284 (San Francisco/Mahomes)

  4. tanatastic - 280 (Kittle/Kelce)

  5. cmh6476 - 279 (Kittle/Mahomes)

  6. listen2me 23 - 259 (Garoppolo/Mahomes)

  7. TimmySmith - 251 (Kittle/Kelce)

  8. WhiteWonder - 247 (Kittle/Kelce)

  9. Herbivore - 241 (Kittle/Kelce)

t10. Flipper - 235 (Kittle/Hill)

t10. Old School - 235 (Kittle/Kelce)

 12. KayJay1971 - 234 (Kittle/Kelce)

 13. Alias Detective - 233 (Kittle/Kelce)

t14. Bill E. - 225 (Mostert/Hill)

t14. Kopy - 225 (Sanders/Kelce)

 16. riversco - 222 (Kittle/Mahomes)

 17. nzoner - 221 (San Francisco/Kansas City)

 18. Bier Meister - 216 (Kittle/Hill)

 19. varsity - 215 (Kittle/Kelce)

 20. jerryskids - 207 (Kittle/Mahomes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Standings

  1. worm - 319 (26)

  2. ZeroTolerance - 315 (94)

  3. cmh6476 - 305 (94)

  4. Voltaire - 299 (26)

  5. tanatastic - 293 (7)

  6. listen2me 23 - 290 (94)

  7. TimmySmith - 264 (26)

  8. WhiteWonder - 260 (26)

  9. Herbivore - 254 (26)

 10. riversco - 248 (94)

 11. Old School - 248 (8)

 12. Flipper - 248 (5)

 13. KayJay1971 - 247 (26)

t14. Alias Detective - 246 (26)

t14. Bill E. - 246 (26)

 16. Kopy - 238 (42)

 17. nzoner - 238 (2)

 18. jerryskids - 233 (94)

 19. Bier Meister - 229 (26)

 20.varsity - 228 (26)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I trade it in for a 49er win?  Is that how this works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×