Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Trump, at Ohio rally, says Democrats would have leaked Soleimani attack plans

:thumbsup:

Flush with campaign cash and facing down a possible Senate impeachment trial, President Trump headlined his first major rally of the election year Thursday in Ohio -- and almost immediately, the president capitalized on his order to take out Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani after the military leader was said to have orchestrated an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq.

In unequivocal terms, Trump slammed House Democrats' nonbinding War Powers Resolution, which passed earlier in the day in a rebuke to the Soleimani strike. Trump went on to suggest that Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and "little pencil-neck" House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., would have tipped off the media about the operation had they known about it.

"They're saying, 'You should get permission from Congress, you should come in and tell us what you want to do -- you should come in and tell us, so that we can call up the fake news that's back there, and we can leak it,'" Trump said. "Lot of corruption back there."

The president added that it would have been impractical to have alerted Congress, given the "split-second" nature of the decision to kill Soleimani.

Separately, Trump said he hoped former Vice President Joe Biden would become the Democrats' presidential nominee, and pledged he would highlight what he called the Bidens' corruption all throughout the campaign.

"He will hear, 'Where's Hunter?',' every single debate nine times at the podium," Trump vowed, in reference to Biden's son, who largely has stayed out of public view after it emerged that he held lucrative overseas board roles while his father was vice president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-toledo-ohio-rally-iran-impeachment

• Like 2

Everyone with half a brain knows Nancy would have tipped off someone about the strike. They should somehow set her up and prove that their plans were leaked by her

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Everyone with half a brain knows Nancy would have tipped off someone about the strike. They should somehow set her up and prove that their plans were leaked by her

Have a staffer leak "Trump is about to strike terrorist x" to five or six different dems. Change the name each time. See which one ends up on huffpo. 

• Like 3

Look at every single investigation into Trump and how much gets out. Which has actually derailed a few things. Pelosi even gave the articles of impeachment to the press and hasn't given them to the Senate. Dems gotta talk, even if it hurts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Have a staffer leak "Trump is about to strike terrorist x" to five or six different dems. Change the name each time. See which one ends up on huffpo. 

That's the Tyrion Lannister method.

• Like 1

McConnell stated in an interview yesterday that he was in the gang of 8 during Hussein's years and when Bin Laden was taken out, he was not notified and he didn't give a crap because he was happy for the outcome.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

McConnell stated in an interview yesterday that he was in the gang of 8 during Hussein's years and when Bin Laden was taken out, he was not notified and he didn't give a crap because he was happy for the outcome.

I read where McConnel himself said Obama tried to notify him, but he was out of pocket, but he was fine with it. 

So that’s quite a bit different, IMO 

Just now, cbfalcon said:

I read where McConnel himself said Obama tried to notify him, but he was out of pocket, but he was fine with it. 

So that’s quite a bit different, IMO 

Nope. He said there was no attempt to contact him. You might be reading CNN or something similar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sderk said:

The distinction between the left and the right on display.....

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

Nope. He said there was no attempt to contact him. You might be reading CNN or something similar.

Actually I apologize, as I was incorrect and misread his quotes.

Mitch said he was out of pocket when they attempted to contact him before the news went public, but he didn't say they attempted to tell him before the raid occurred. My bad.

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Actually I apologize, as I was incorrect and misread his quotes.

Mitch said he was out of pocket when they attempted to contact him before the news went public, but he didn't say they attempted to tell him before the raid occurred. My bad.

I was only repeating what he said. He specifically mentioned it when chatting about how he is going to deal with the impeachment and about Pelosi's comments on her not being notified, etc...

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The distinction between the left and the right on display.....

It is. And honestly, if Pelosi was really that concerned about the process she thinks that is not being followed, why not keep that behind closed doors instead of telling it to the world? Doesn't she care about the whole of the US government, and it's image?

1 hour ago, sderk said:

It is. And honestly, if Pelosi was really that concerned about the process she thinks that is not being followed, why not keep that behind closed doors instead of telling it to the world? Doesn't she care about the whole of the US government, and it's image?

She's simply a pile of sh1t with big old fake t1ts.

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

That's the Tyrion Lannister method.

Leonardo wanted to do that in The Departed but Marky Mark said no. 

21 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I swear thats like the plot of some TV show, so it would probably work

26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I swear thats like the plot of some TV show, so it would probably work

At this point I think Dems would actually fall for it 

On 1/10/2020 at 12:37 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That would be awesome!

Unfortunately, rather than admitting that the one (or all) who leaked the info was a complete POS who should be fired (at a minimum), they would blame Trump for lying and claim it was some sort of conspiracy, worthy of impeachment. 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:37 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I am 100% positive he's done this.

37 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I am 100% positive he's done this.

So THAT'S why CNN was all over the bombshell of "OMG! Trump gets TWO SCOOPS of ice cream!!!!!!" 

8 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Unfortunately, rather than admitting that the one (or all) who leaked the info was a complete POS who should be fired (at a minimum), they would blame Trump for lying and claim it was some sort of conspiracy, worthy of impeachment. 

They would.  Like when the Clinton e-mails were leaked rather than answer questions on the poor security or content, they successfully focused on Wikileaks and tried to blame Trump for working with them.  It is easy to deflect when you have 90% of the MSM in your pocket..

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Bill E. said:

They would.  Like when the Clinton e-mails were leaked rather than answer questions on the poor security or content, they successfully focused on Wikileaks and tried to blame Trump for working with them.  It is easy to deflect when you have 90% of the MSM in your pocket..

And their base never holds them accountable or even questions their rhetoric. They just swallow it hook, line and sinker. Then try to claim they're the "educated" ones.  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1