Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Masks

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

That's because they have to. If you ask them, 90% will say they're over it and the only reason they wear one is to stay employed. 

You are a fvcking moron. Where do you live ? The Ozarks ??

This has to be the most moronic statement made on the most Moronic message board ever.

WOW

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

This has to be the most moronic statement made on the most Moronic message board ever.

WOW

This is the very definition of a cult. You have millions of people following the orders of a low intelligence narcissist.  You'd think a few of them would understand that they are smarter. And at least have the decency to give a fock about others.  But oh well 

I don't care about the political angle to all this. I'm a conservative libertarian. I despise liberals. But I have no problem wearing a mask, or being required to wear one if it's for the general health and welfare of others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

If it's for the general health and welfare of others.

It’s not. Just sayin...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I don't care about the political angle to all this. I'm a conservative libertarian. I despise liberals. But I have no problem wearing a mask, or being required to wear one if it's for the general health and welfare of others.

Smart man. And unselfish one 

33 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

It’s not. Just sayin...

I tend to agree. It's mostly theatre. Politicians make up these rules to appear they are doing something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

WHO guidelines on when you should wear a mask.

• If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Directly from their website..

:dunno:

Didn't Trump just announce he's parting ways with the WHO?    But they're cool if they say something you agree with, amirite?

19 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Didn't Trump just announce he's parting ways with the WHO?    But they're cool if they say something you agree with, amirite?

Don't care about any of that, guidance from the WHO is very clear. Knock yourself out reading it.

People in areas where they have to wear them are only wearing them for that reason. I know you want everything to be political because that's how your brain works but, it's not reality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Other than political, is there something I'm missing?

1st reply :lol:   newbtard

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Don't care about any of that, guidance from the WHO is very clear. Knock yourself out reading it.

People in areas where they have to wear them are only wearing them for that reason. I know you want everything to be political because that's how your brain works but, it's not reality.

It doesn't take a genius to know that droplets leave your mouth every time you sneeze a cough or talk. Even exhale. It also doesn't take a genius to realize that a mask significantly decreases the amount of those droplets that get into the air.  if I'm going to sneeze in your face would you rather I be wearing a mask or not?  I think a first grader would know the answer to that

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

It doesn't take a genius to know that droplets leave your mouth every time you sneeze a cough or talk. Even exhale. It also doesn't take a genius to realize that a mask significantly decreases the amount of those droplets that get into the air.  if I'm going to sneeze in your face would you rather I be wearing a mask or not?  I think a first grader would know the answer to that

Dumb scenario, you should be at home. Not selfishly putting others in danger. This is all kindergarten level understanding of ever being sick with a contagious virus, not just this one.

35 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It's cool that you carry water for the CCP. 

23 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Yeah...it is

No it really isn't. 

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Guess you'll be wearing a mask the rest of your life. Poor bastard.  

11 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I don’t like the mask but you know what - I’d hate the ventilator - and I know the mask is supposed to save you from me and not me from you. 

Just wear the fvcking masks asshats. 

No, I won't validate the science deniers like you by wearing a mask. It's time to move into the 21st century. Your voodoo mask isn't going to save me or you from a aerosol virus.

“If it could easily exist as an aerosol, we would be seeing much greater levels of transmission,” said epidemiologist Michael LeVasseur of Drexel University. “And we would be seeing a different pattern in who’s getting infected. With droplet spread, it’s mostly to close contacts. But if a virus easily exists as an aerosol, you could get it from people you share an elevator with.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that is not happening. Earlier this month, CDC scientists reported that the rate of symptomatic infection among a patient’s household members was 10.5%. The rate among other close contacts was 0.45%. In the case of one particular patient, none of his five household members, although continuously exposed to the patient during the time he was isolated at home, tested positive for the virus.

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If you're going to sneeze in someone's face, no a mask isn't going to stop it, unless you're wearing a full face shield. As an adult at least you have the body of an adult, I'm not sure about your mind. When you sneeze or cough you're supposed to do that into your elbow facing the ground. Science and the medical community say that's the best way to stop the spread of a virus. 

44 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Do you trust the CDC and or WHO? If so then yes they are great sources to combat science deniers like you.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If you're going to sneeze in someone's face, no a mask isn't going to stop it, unless you're wearing a full face shield. As an adult at least you have the body of an adult, I'm not sure about your mind. When you sneeze or cough you're supposed to do that into your elbow facing the ground. Science and the medical community say that's the best way to stop the spread of a virus. 

A mask doesn't stop it. It limits it. Hth

10 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

No it really isn't. 

Ahh, that's right. I forgot. It's just the government's way of controlling the masses. Keep telling yourself that, kid.

Just now, The Observer said:

A mask doesn't stop it. It limits it. Hth

Not when, in your example, you sneeze in someone's face. The virus is getting through.

BTW who sneezes in other people's faces other than babies and toddlers? Is that what you are?

29 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Ahh, that's right. I forgot. It's just the government's way of controlling the masses. Keep telling yourself that, kid.

You know deadly flus existed before covid-19. Did you wear a mask then? 

10 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

WOW

a) I thought you weren't going to engage any further. :lol:

b) I live in the California Bay Area. My job takes me to supermarkets, grocery and liquor stores every day. I speak to  grocery store workers all the time. They're sick and tired of having to wear a mask but they have to in order to keep working. When they aren't out on the floor, they don't wear the masks. 

One of us is a moron but it ain't me. 

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

One of us is a moron but it ain't me. 

Says the dope that lives in CA

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

a) I thought you weren't going to engage any further. :lol:

You kept saying stupid uneducated shiit. I couldn’t resist. 

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

You know deadly flus existed before covid-19. Did you wear a mask then? 

Well, let's see. I'm way too young for the Spanish flu, I was 4 in 1968 for the Hong Kong flu. I remember people talking about the "Hong Kong flu", but I doubt I wore a mask. So...no.

Why would I wear a mask?

I live in a county with over 4.4 million people. We have 140 deaths from Covid, none in the last week. Around  .003% of the population has died from Covid. Excluding employees about 5% of the population are wearing masks. 

I wear the mask. That being said, we can get on an airplane and fly across the country but we can’t go to an outside baseball game? Anyone have an explanation for that? 

17 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why would I wear a mask?

Because you’re butt ugly.

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

Says the dope that lives in CA

Yeah, who would want to own real estate in one of the hottest markets in the country? :doh:

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

You kept saying stupid uneducated shiit. I couldn’t resist. 

So you're a moron and a liar. Got it. :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wear the mask. That being said, we can get on an airplane and fly across the country but we can’t go to an outside baseball game? Anyone have an explanation for that? 

Better yet, how come a family of 5 can jump in the car and ride together to the lake but when they get there, they have to take turns riding in the boat? 

It's all buIIshit.

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

So you're a moron and a liar. Got it. :thumbsup:

You are an idiot and I lied. There you go. 

30 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, who would want to own real estate in one of the hottest markets in the country? :doh:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-hottest-housing-markets-of-2020-are-far-from-the-coasts-2019-12-12
The hottest housing markets of 2020 are far from the coasts

Boise, Idaho

$295,000

McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas

$152,000

Tucson, Ariz.

$230,000

Chattanooga, Tenn.

$189,000

Columbia, S.C.

$178,000

Rochester, N.Y.

$149,000

Colorado Springs, Colo.

$312,000

Winston-Salem, N.C.

$169,000

Charleston-North Charleston, S.C.

$270,000

Memphis, Tenn.

$188,000

Salt Lake City, Utah

$338,000

Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.

$274,000

Knoxville, Tenn.

$189,000

Cleveland, Ohio

$154,000

Spokane-Spokane Valley, Wash.

$252,000

Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Fla.

$255,000

Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton, Pa.

$195,000

Honolulu, Hawaii

$583,000

Akron, Ohio

$151,000

New Haven-Milford, Conn.

$220,000

Portland-South Portland, Maine

$295,000

Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla.

$236,000

Raleigh, N.C.

$294,000

Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash.

$478,000

Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla

54 minutes ago, MDC said:

Because you’re butt ugly.

This is a legit reason.

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well, let's see. I'm way too young for the Spanish flu, I was 4 in 1968 for the Hong Kong flu. I remember people talking about the "Hong Kong flu", but I doubt I wore a mask. So...no.

No one wore a mask during the Hong Kong flu, yet somehow we survived it!!  Imagine that.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-hottest-housing-markets-of-2020-are-far-from-the-coasts-2019-12-12
The hottest housing markets of 2020 are far from the coasts

Boise, Idaho

$295,000

McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas

$152,000

Tucson, Ariz.

$230,000

Chattanooga, Tenn.

$189,000

Columbia, S.C.

$178,000

Rochester, N.Y.

$149,000

Colorado Springs, Colo.

$312,000

Winston-Salem, N.C.

$169,000

Charleston-North Charleston, S.C.

$270,000

Memphis, Tenn.

$188,000

Salt Lake City, Utah

$338,000

Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.

$274,000

Knoxville, Tenn.

$189,000

Cleveland, Ohio

$154,000

Spokane-Spokane Valley, Wash.

$252,000

Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Fla.

$255,000

Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton, Pa.

$195,000

Honolulu, Hawaii

$583,000

Akron, Ohio

$151,000

New Haven-Milford, Conn.

$220,000

Portland-South Portland, Maine

$295,000

Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla.

$236,000

Raleigh, N.C.

$294,000

Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash.

$478,000

Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla

That's because housing is too expensive for them here. 

I'll be cashing out myself one of these days and relocating to a much less expensive location. Until then, I'll squeeze every penny of equity I can out of this place. 

ETA: Honolulu, Seattle and any place in Florida are far from the coast? :huh:

Many of those markets that are doing well are in republican states. The normals are leaving the blue states and the nonsense that goes on in them. Wish I could too. 

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Of course you didn't.  Neither did I and neither will I.  Masks are for sick people. Not healthy people.  End of story. But if it makes you warm and fuzzy, you go ahead and wear that mask.