Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Protests in your city or town? Thread

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Your comment on the CNN reporter is empty. I don't know what he did but he was talked to and let go. CNN is not good for your mind. 

And you still don't know what you are fighting for. You can't bring any justifiable numbers to the table to riot in all the cities in the US>

If you want, you look up the number of times that police have gotten off of charges for unlawfully killing a black person over the last 10 years, then I'll be willing to look up the numbers on how many murders black people committed over the past 10 years,  and we can discuss what is the bigger problem in the US.

If your mentor newbie was to whisper the answer for a response to this in your ear, he would say "Don't reply, ignore it and post a Trump tweet you don't like."

He was detained after he showed his CNN credentials. I don't care what you think of CNN. This shows your attitude towards those things you don't respect. It's the same way someone (maybe police) treat people they don't respect. CNN has protection under the Constitution. 

I don't need to provide numbers. We've seen this same thing play out over and over. If you can't see it, then you're blind. 

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

"I've seen reports".   "I can't remember his name reporter" but he was definitely Nelson Mandela'd to prison.    Do you actually look anything up?   Do you believe everything posted on  reddit? 

They were released within an hour and they were arrested because it was the middle of a fuking riot and the police asked them to move from where they had set up and they didn't and wouldn't.    Cops are abusing their powers?   You mean like when they stand by and let their town/city be looted and burned?     

Even for a troll you are poorly informed.  

I've asked for links from posters here and was told to fock off. They aren't here to teach me. 

Go look it up. The video is available to anyone that can use google. 

Sorry to mess up your guy's KKK party. I'll let you enjoy the rest of your evening.

7 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I've seen a video. Maybe it's not the same angle or video you've seen. I see the police shooting at the fence. But, I don't see McAttee shooting. 

If that's the case, then he deserves what he got. I would like to see better video. Perhaps body cam footage. Why did every cop have his body cam turned off? 

They should have had it on. That crap has to stop. I don’t get it, we got wrote up and hassled for the most minuscule infractions sometimes. I got wrote up once because my white t-shirt was peeking out of my uniform shirt. Granted that was personal between me and a dikhead boss, but the point is discipline is there to correct conditions.  Fine them, take vacation time or suspend  them if they don’t put it on. Simple. 

4 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I don't need to provide numbers. We've seen this same thing play out over and over. If you can't see it, then you're blind. 

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

Let me translate - "I don't need facts, I know what the media has chosen to beam at my eyes so I watch their screen more than someone else's screen".

Thank you for proving. . .   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

He was detained after he showed his CNN credentials. I don't care what you think of CNN. This shows your attitude towards those things you don't respect. It's the same way someone (maybe police) treat people they don't respect. CNN has protection under the Constitution. 

So that's a no. It could be 1 or 100 over the past 10 years in your mind. Mass assault on businesses and killing people and choking old women is necessary for this situation, but for the rest of it.....meh.

In Chicago alone, 191 people have been killed this year up to May 26 and you are and the rest of your loonies will ignore them to the end but want to vilify the police across the country and kill people and ruin people's lives over a few bad cops or those cops who panicked and made a bad decision. 

newbie 2.0 has been released for public consumption. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

Then why aren't they clearing it out today? Why did they allow everyone to hang out at Lafayette Park all day yesterday. But minutes before Trumps walk to the church do they clear out the area. Come on. You can't be that naive. You even confirm it was staged with the bolded statement. He did it to look powerful, but he ended up looking like a dictator. 

The facts are documented. The timing can't be argued. Trump was hiding in a bunker a couple of days ago. He's weak and scared. He needed some big gesture to try to fix it. Unfortunately, he took a dump on the Constitution to accomplish it. 

Uh, Mr "the facts are documented", the park police issued a statement.    I'll give you the summary, the were attacked by those "peaceful protesters", followed procedure including multiple verbal warnings, and then use smoke and "pepper balls" to disperse the crowd.  

It's linked here if you want to, you know, read something for yourself and get info from a direct source:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Your comment on the CNN reporter is empty. I don't know what he did but he was talked to and let go. CNN is not good for your mind. 

And you still don't know what you are fighting for. You can't bring any justifiable numbers to the table to riot in all the cities in the US>

If you want, you look up the number of times that police have gotten off of charges for unlawfully killing a black person over the last 10 years, then I'll be willing to look up the numbers on how many murders black people committed over the past 10 years,  and we can discuss what is the bigger problem in the US.

If your mentor newbie was to whisper the answer for a response to this in your ear, he would say "Don't reply, ignore it and post a Trump tweet you don't like."

Leeson bowed out of this one by saying he doesn't need any facts to prove his point, just wondering if anyone wants to debate this on this board.

The mere fact that MAGA nation hasn't stepped up to these shitestains and beat the fock out of them is the difference between left and right.

We let the law enforcement handle it. 

Meanwhile these lefties are burning down cities, causing hundreds of millions in property damage, stealing millions in property, assaulting hundreds of law enforcement officers, and even murdering 2 and shooting one in the head leaving him on life support.

And this nancy leeson wants to come in here and talk about peaceful protests.

The same crowd that was removed (at curfew by the way) from Lafayette Park had looted the neighborhood, set fire to a 200 year old church, and injured 50+ Secret Service agents the night before. Throwing bottles, rocks, fireworks, improvised Molotov cocktails, and whatever else they could get their hands on.

They were told to vacate the premises due to curfew and security reasons. They refused. They were pushed away using standard crowd control procedures. Smoke devices were used. No tear gas was used. I watched it live too and the only ones who were touched were the ones refusing to move. Tough shite.

Oh and leesen, how is your daughter? Hope she doesn't catch COVID-19 from your boys peacefully protesting. Didn't you say she has a compromised immune system? You sure were adamant about respecting stay at home orders a week ago. I guess now some gen Z degenerate's right to loot is more important than her life?

Clown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intense Observer said:

The mere fact that MAGA nation hasn't stepped up to these shitestains and beat the fock out of them is the difference between left and right.

Meanwhile these lefties are burning down cities, causing hundreds of millions in property damage, stealing millions in property, assaulting hundreds of law enforcement officers, and even murdering 2 and shooting one in the head leaving him on life support.

The same crowd that was removed (at curfew by the way) from Lafayette Park had looted the neighborhood, set fire to a 200 year old church, and injured 50+ Secret Service agents the night before. Throwing bottles, rocks, fireworks, improvised Molotov cocktails, and whatever else they could get their hands on.

They were told to vacate the premises due to curfew and security reasons. They refused. They were pushed away using standard crowd control procedures. Smoke devices were used. No tear gas was used. I watched it live too and the only ones who were touched were the ones refusing to move. Tough shite.

Oh and leesen, how is your daughter? Hope she doesn't catch COVID-19 from your boys peacefully protesting. Didn't you say she has a compromised immune system? You sure were adamant about respecting stay at home orders a week ago. I guess now some gen Z degenerate's right to loot is more important than her life?

Clown

Pow! Leeson goes down!

3 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Clown

Still am adamant about staying at home. If you read my posts, I pointed out that I wasn't protesting because I'm still social distancing. I haven't been to a restaurant, or inside a store, or any place of business since mid February. We've had most groceries delivered. I've been to my mother in laws rental house, sat in the parking lot of the dr office while my wife went to her appointment, and made a pickup at Walmart twice. Sorry to disappoint, but I am still taking it seriously. If a second outbreak comes, it will effect others before it effects us. 

I like how you say  "the same crowd that was removed from Lafayette Park had looted the neighborhood, set fire to a 200 year old church, and injured 50+ Secret Service agents the night before." That's a BS statement. You admit it was the night before, but you don't know how many of them were even there the night before. I'm sure 1000 people didn't light the fires at the same time. I will agree that 5% of the protesters are causing damage and violence. The same way that 5% of the police are racist and operate above the law. Should we remove all police the way we remove all protesters?

You also said that the protesters were removed at curfew. Check your timeline, they started moving them before curfew. If we are going to establish a law, fine. But, don't blur the edges to fit a narrative. 

I'd like to know your (or anyone here) opinion on the following videos:

Dispersing crowd in Lafayette Park. I know people don't like CNN, but mute the audio. The video is important. At the :35 second mark, you see riot police moving people back. They push people to the ground. As the protesters try to get back up, they push them to the ground again. Why? Are they dispersing them or beating them? If they would have pushed them to the ground in order to arrest them, fine. But they were just assaulting for the sake of assault. 

Same location. Attack on press cameraman.  This was an Australian media crew. You see the cop is just swinging his shield at anyone within range. They don't need to. People are dispersing. Even when he realizes that the guy has a camera, it seems like he tries to grab the camera. At that point, he need to stop. Luckily another cop realize the error and steps in. There are dozens of videos of cops spraying press with pepper spray after they have been identified as press. The press is protected by 1st Amendment. The police don't have to protect them while doing their job, but they should not be targeting them, or telling them to leave or they will be arrested. 

Kansas City protester arrest for what??? I would like someone to explain this one to me. The only argument someone could make is that the guy stepped off the curb. Did they charge him with jaywalking? Nobody was throwing anything at the police until they attempted to arrest the guy. Why did the cops continue to shoot the crowd with pepper spray after they had the guy out in the middle of the street. Seems like they created the riot. 

Minneapolis police shoot pepper balls at resident on their own porch. The Minneapolis curfew law states that you can't be in public place after the curfew starts. Being on your own porch is not a public place. This is an abuse of power and a lack of understanding of the law they are enforcing. 

The pattern in obvious. It's not just one city, it's across the country. While cops may have a tougher job and have to deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis, they are given special authority to uphold the law. When they go beyond that, they need to be held accountable. The same way any of us would be held accountable for acting the same way. 

3 hours ago, drobeski said:

Pow! Leeson goes down!

It's the Focking Catalina Wine Mixer! POW!

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Leeson bowed out of this one by saying he doesn't need any facts to prove his point, just wondering if anyone wants to debate this on this board.

You're arguing two different things. You continue to point to the deaths in Chicago as an excuse for all other violence. 

11 hours ago, Masshole said:

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

Let me translate - "I don't need facts, I know what the media has chosen to beam at my eyes so I watch their screen more than someone else's screen".

Thank you for proving. . .   

Whatever makes you feel better. I've sited example after example of police abusing their power. Yet, nobody here thinks it's an issue. 

4 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Clown

Did that clown really try and use his daughter to score fake internet points? WOW! what a low life. 

Proof that liberals don't use logic or reason. Their arguments are tied to how they FEEL about a subject. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Did that clown really try and use his daughter to score fake internet points? WOW! what a low life. 

Proof that liberals don't use logic or reason. Their arguments are tied to how they FEEL about a subject. 

Spot on. 

Covid is no longer an issue because racism,  I actually read that from NPR..

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What points? I didn't realize there were points. Do we get to trade those points for prizes?

Don't you have stacks of cash to make on stocks? You should be a dollarnaire by now. 

Covid is still an issue for my family. Same as it was a month ago. 

5 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Clown

boom:doublethumbsup:

Just now, Leeson said:

What points? I didn't realize there were points. Do we get to trade those points for prizes?

Don't you have stacks of cash to make on stocks? You should be a dollarnaire by now. 

Covid is still an issue for my family. Same as it was a month ago. 

1 FFT like is worth .05 facebook likes.

I'm a dozenair now. Sorry people like you pulled what little money you have out and stayed fearful. I tried to tell you but some didn't listen.

If that's the case you should condemn these protests like you condemned the actual peaceful protest. 

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

1 FFT like is worth .05 facebook likes.

I'm a dozenair now. Sorry people like you pulled what little money you have out and stayed fearful. I tried to tell you but some didn't listen.

If that's the case you should condemn these protests like you condemned the actual peaceful protest. 

I'm in my early 50's and retired over a year ago. I've made my coin. I'm happy to conservatively make 5% while protecting my nest egg.

No need to take the risk based on advice from an internet message board guy. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

I'm in my early 50's and retired over a year ago. I've made my coin. I'm happy to conservatively make 5% while protecting my nest egg.

No need to take the risk based on advice from an internet message board guy. 

Good for you. Still pathetic using your daughter like that.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Good for you. Still pathetic using your daughter like that.

I didn't think it originally was, I thought he had actual concern.  Misguided or not..

It was obviously all a show.  Pretty crazy.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I didn't think it originally was, I thought he had actual concern.  Misguided or not..

It was obviously all a show.  Pretty crazy.

You're right, if he had a backbone or some conviction I could at least understand. Sad.

Dear fockheads,

If Leeson has a daughter with a compromised immune system, whatever we think of his politics, we offer him sympathy, we wish the man and his daughter good health, and we move on. Disagree with him by telling him he's wrong about whatever for this reason and that one. It's unconscionable that we're using his daughter's medical condition to beat him over the head.

• Like 2

Just now, Voltaire said:

Dear fockheads,

If Leeson has a daughter with a compromised immune system, whatever we think of his politics, we offer him sympathy, we wish the man and his daughter good health, and we move on. Disagree with him by telling him he's wrong about whatever for this reason and that one. It's unconscionable that we're using his daughter's medical condition to beat him over the head.

I'd normally agree 100% but, now it just all seems so fake.  You're correct though, I'll take that L.

Wow. You guys are worst than I thought. 

Just shows there is no low you won't drop to. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:24 PM, Intense Observer said:

Polk county sheriff

"The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns." 

I don't own a gun, but am all for the right to own one

There were apparently peaceful protests in Iowa City last night and then police hit them with tear gas and rubber bullets.  There were reports of protesters throwing rocks at the police but I haven't seen evidence of it yet.  Just another clusterfock going on.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There were apparently peaceful protests in Iowa City last night and then police hit them with tear gas and rubber bullets.  There were reports of protesters throwing rocks at the police but I haven't seen evidence of it yet.  Just another clusterfock going on.

Wasn’t an innocent woman killed in Iowa by a “protester “? It’s not getting much AirPlay.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wasn’t an innocent woman killed in Iowa by a “protester “? It’s not getting much AirPlay.  

A young woman in Davenport was shot and killed.  I haven't heard if it was an accidental shooting or not.  Regardless of that, it's a terrible situation there.  Morons who think they are protesting but are only making everything worse.

I have a friend who owns a jewelry store there and they were broken into.  Windows and display cases were smashed and items were stolen.  Stupid people.

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A young woman in Davenport was shot and killed.  I haven't heard if it was an accidental shooting or not.  Regardless of that, it's a terrible situation there.  Morons who think they are protesting but are only making everything worse.

I have a friend who owns a jewelry store there and they were broken into.  Windows and display cases were smashed and items were stolen.  Stupid people.

I guess her life isn’t worth a protest. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess her life isn’t worth a protest. 

Protest against the protesters?  I don't think they even found who fired the weapon.  Go ahead and start a protest, what's your message?  It deserves action but there needs to be some organization and a message.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Protest against the protesters?  I don't think they even found who fired the weapon.  Go ahead and start a protest, what's your message?  It deserves action but there needs to be some organization and a message.

It wasn’t a cop. And since when do we need all the facts to have a protest? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It wasn’t a cop. And since when do we need all the facts to have a protest? 

I guess you don't but you usually need some kind of a message.  Go ahead and start a protest.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Voltaire said:

Dear fockheads,

We didn't use her. He did. He thought he could use his own daughter condition to make us change our behavior. Turns out he didn't really care. So long as people protest for reasons he agreed with. It's pathetic and sad. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

We didn't use her. He did. He thought he could use his own daughter condition to make us change our behavior. Turns out he didn't really care. So long as people protest for reasons he agreed with. It's pathetic and sad. 

Hey dumb fock, I can't stop people from protesting on either side. 

If you don't believe me, I don't care. Reading your comments the past few days just shows that you're a racist loser. It doesn't surprise me, you probably don't have anyone in your life that you care about. I feel sorry for you. 

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Hey dumb fock, I can't stop people from protesting on either side. 

If you don't believe me, I don't care. Reading your comments the past few days just shows that you're a racist loser. It doesn't surprise me, you probably don't have anyone in your life that you care about. I feel sorry for you. 

:lol: I don't need to use my loved ones to try and make a sh1tty point on a low rent message bored.

44 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

:lol: I don't need to use my loved ones to try and make a sh1tty point on a low rent message bored.

Who's trying to score points and what the fock do you do with these points? I was explaining why we wear masks and stay home. You seem to be concerned about these points. Is that what you're doing here?

Doesn't matter, I don't respect your opinion either way. You're a horrible human being that claims posters are lying about family members with autoimmune disease. (on a low rent message board). Is Jerryskids lying about his daughter? You should ask him. 

Elderly protester is knocked down, blood starts pooling, and they continue to walk past him to assault another protester. 

Is this the serve part or the protect part?

Luckily PD spokesman released a statement. One person was injured when he tripped and fell. They don't even report the truth when it's on video. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

Elderly protester is knocked down, blood starts pooling, and they continue to walk past him to assault another protester. 

Is this the serve part or the protect part?

I’m glad he got his head cracked open. I’m sorry that cop is going to get in trouble.