Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

Say bye bye to Golic & Wingo

Golic & Wingo replaced Jay Williams, Zubin Mehenti & Keyshawn Johnson.....Ouch!!

6-10 a.m.: Keyshawn, Jay and Zubin

Keyshawn Johnson, Jay Williams & Zubin Mehenti anchor the morning lineup.
Johnson played 11 seasons after being the No. 1 pick overall by the New York Jets in the 1996 NFL Draft. Johnson was a three-time Pro Bowl selection and won a Super Bowl ring with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

10 a.m. – Noon: The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz
Dan Le Batard and Jon “Stugotz” Weiner.

Noon – 2 p.m.: The Mike Greenberg Show

Greenberg previously co-hosted “Mike & Mike” for almost two decades before returning to the TV studio in 2017. “In radio there is an intimacy in the relationship with the audience that is different from any other medium,” Greenberg said. “I have always enjoyed that and am really looking forward to rediscovering it.” He will continue to host “Get Up” on weekday mornings.

2 – 4 p.m.: The Max Kellerman Show
Kellerman will continue co-hosting “First Take” with Stephen A. Smith.

4 – 7 p.m.: Chiney and Golic Jr.

Chiney Ogwumike and Mike Golic Jr.

7 – 9 p.m.: Spain and Fitz

Sarah Spain and Jason Fitz.

9 p.m. – 1 a.m.: Freddie and Fitzsimmons
Freddie Coleman and Ian Fitzsimmons.

Golic's schtick has been old for a while now but he's a class act.  Wingo (kinda like Mike Tirico) isn't made for radio.

The Keyshawn, Jay & Rubin show is sure to be very blah.

Espn radio has zero appeal anymore. Though Marty & McGee on Saturday mornings has been semi entertaining.

I haven’t listened to ESPN radio in about a year but Wingo was good on radio. No comparison to Tirico. 

that first show is going to be a train wreck and clearly just a statement. 

Alan Hahn was good with dipietro and Chris Canty. Dave rothenberg was also the best on any ESPN NY show. 

golic Jr..... :wacko:

Golic and his kid went straight SJW BLM White apologist. Like the rest of sports radio. Cowherd straight up said he wasn't getting into politics on his show before all of this and caved. He went straight blm and fock trump and his supporters over a month ago.  

espn is pure political propaganda now.  i stopped listening once blm became the topic and have no desire to go back.  

13 minutes ago, riversco said:

espn is pure political propaganda now.  i stopped listening once blm became the topic and have no desire to go back.  

Fox did too. I can't listen to sports radio since will cain left. 

It's not just sports radio. Almost every channel on Sirius injects politics. DJ's chiming in about their playlist for what is going on right now...total bs. I'm not paying for your political stylings. Just play the damn music commercial free like we agreed. Even Amazon music which is suppose to be just songs same thing. Can't get away from this toxic black algae bloom. It's everywhere.      

7 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

toxic black algae bloom. It's everywhere.      

It's sickening 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Golic and his kid went straight SJW BLM White apologist. Like the rest of sports radio. Cowherd straight up said he wasn't getting into politics on his show before all of this and caved. He went straight blm and fock trump and his supporters over a month ago.  

cowherd has always been garbage

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I liked him years ago but gave up on him. Just like I did with ESPN.

And when any station talks about basketball, no matter what I turn it off or switch the station. 

I really like NFL radio on Sirius. They pretty much stay on football topic and are awesome with their views as most of them are ex-GMS, ex-QBs, ex-coaches, etc., that actually talk real football. Between 4pm and 7pm, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan "Moving the Chains" is probably my favorite. I'm sure there are exceptions on the station but, overall I think it's the best sports radio channel out there even year round.

• Like 1

the only thing worse on sports radio than Golic is Golic jr.  Check out The PM Jab with Javs and Chris.  The station is called the Big Jab, show is on 4-7.  Theyre out of Portland ME.  They run a few other local shows, like the AM jab in the morning, but then Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, Broussard and Parker which starts at 7, so dont hang around to see what comes on after the PMJab.

14 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I haven’t listened to ESPN radio in about a year but Wingo was good on radio. No comparison to Tirico. 

that first show is going to be a train wreck and clearly just a statement. 

Alan Hahn was good with dipietro and Chris Canty. Dave rothenberg was also the best on any ESPN NY show. 

golic Jr..... :wacko:

I cut ESPN out years ago.

I heart radio....Mark Madden...3pm eastern.

As anti political as you can get.

Old Gaelic got old towards the end of Mike & Mike. I get it, he was playing a role. The rules is the rules! He was essentially Fred to Greenberg's Barney.

But it got old fast. Rather have his insights as a player. Not some cartoon character ESPN's producers came up with.

This kid is worthless. Then again, I f****** hate nepotism.

The new lineups sound absolutely awful. Might as well put them on BET radio Univision or what the f*** ever.

Espn?  I thought normal white folk quit them years ago.  What is even on Espn?  Other than games they air why would anyone turn to or listen to Espn?  There is a vast amount of choices these days.  Espn is bottom of the barrel.  This has been the case for at least 5 years.  Id say longer.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:24 AM, WhiteWonder said:

I dont agree.  I liked him when he was on the AM Espn station fot like 4 hours.  When he moved over to TV it went downhill quick.  He used to be real good.

We really need an  ala carte option when it comes to the channels we get. If I could opt out of having ESPN I would.