Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Presidential Decision

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

No.  I'm tired of trying to explain it.  I can't get my point across so I'll succeed. 

Then what would you do if you owned a resort before President and you wanted to stay there. Going off your standards you would never be able to visit it. If you did, you personally would have to pay for all your staff and security. Does that seem fair to you. If you stay somewhere else though then sigh of ethical relief. I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Then what would you do if you owned a resort before President and you wanted to stay there. Going off your standards you would never be able to visit it. If you did, you personally would have to pay for all your staff and security. Does that seem fair to you. If you stay somewhere else though then sigh of ethical relief. I don't think so.

I don't recall saying that he could never stay there.  There's nothing wrong with visiting them occasionally.  It's when he does it hundreds of times over a 4 year span and you see his business income go up 80%.

36 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't recall saying that he could never stay there.  There's nothing wrong with visiting them occasionally.  It's when he does it hundreds of times over a 4 year span and you see his business income go up 80%.

I doubt that number is accurate. 80% increase for a handful in staff. Maybe people like him and the resort and there is an increase in interests in staying there. I know that hotel in DC stays busy. The bar in there was packed last time I saw it. There is no way an 80% increase in business is due to those trips. Take all his properties, even 100 times divided by say 4 it's not enough to raise revenue 80%.

I could debunk this fairly easy. Get the cost of all the travel, lodging, food charged to the Government then let's look at the annual revenue of all Trump properties. It won't be anywhere near 80% increase prior to election attributed to WH purchases. You also have to deduct about 2 million for his salary he donated and then loss of revenue for shutting down opening more resorts. 

e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/

noun
FORMAL

1. a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.
    "the directors' emoluments"

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8 that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives. The clause provides that:No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

The Constitution also contains a “domestic emoluments clause” (Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 7), which prohibits the president from receiving any “Emolument” from the federal government or the states beyond “a Compensation” for his “Services” as chief executive.

Link

Trump has been in violation of the constitution since day 1 in office. There is no 'whatabout', there is no wiggle room, there is no butbutbut Obama. The U.S. CONSTITUTION is extremely clear. He is making money from the federal government as well as other nations with his properties. He should have divested from them or put them in a trust; he claimed he would, but never did. This is illegal and cannot be disputed. 

• Sad 1

By most accounts Trump has taken a massive business hit by running for president.

His properties are under constant harassment by filthy/violent people in the street, all of the online rating sites have been taken over by TDS loons intent on tanking the scores, bitter media have bashed his properties 24/7, major conferences and organizations have had to pull out of commitments due to the woke mob, average people who like to visit his properties are shamed and harrased, and the Dem induced COVID hysteria and lockdowns have tanked tourism.

Whatever was brought in by secret service reservations has been massively offset by all the other crap.

As for choosing his own properties over another, the president stays at the Ritz type places when travelling, not a Hampton Inn, so while the dollar amount may appear high it is likely very close to what would spent anywhere else.

And let's not forget the $400k salary he has donated 4 straight years.

The real test for corruption will be if he gets a $65 million dollar Netflix deal, a $50 million dollar book deal, or starts a "foundation" when he leaves office that brings in hundreds of millions of dollars for his family to use as a slush fund.

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:
e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/

noun
FORMAL

Link

Trump has been in violation of the constitution since day 1 in office. There is no 'whatabout', there is no wiggle room, there is no butbutbut Obama. The U.S. CONSTITUTION is extremely clear. He is making money from the federal government as well as other nations with his properties. He should have divested from them or put them in a trust; he claimed he would, but never did. This is illegal and cannot be disputed. 

Lol

46 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I doubt that number is accurate. 80% increase for a handful in staff. Maybe people like him and the resort and there is an increase in interests in staying there. I know that hotel in DC stays busy. The bar in there was packed last time I saw it. There is no way an 80% increase in business is due to those trips. Take all his properties, even 100 times divided by say 4 it's not enough to raise revenue 80%.

I could debunk this fairly easy. Get the cost of all the travel, lodging, food charged to the Government then let's look at the annual revenue of all Trump properties. It won't be anywhere near 80% increase prior to election attributed to WH purchases. You also have to deduct about 2 million for his salary he donated and then loss of revenue for shutting down opening more resorts. 

I got the 80% number from one of the links I posted. I don’t think it said it was a direct result from his trips, just that it increased once he took office. 

30 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

We're talkin bout the dude that donates his salary back to the country?

It's all a front man, he ran for president so he could charge secret service to stay at his hotels. It's an all-time con. You're blind if you don't see it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fnord said:
e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/

noun
FORMAL

Link

They should definitely impeach him for that. I wonder why they don’t? 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They should definitely impeach him for that. I wonder why they don’t? 

I know you're being facetious, but it's a great question. I would bet everything I own that if Hillary Clinton would have been elected in 2016 and done the exact same things as Trump since then, she would have been impeached and removed before she completed her first year in office. And she would have deserved it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Lol

Real American Patriot, I see. A true Constitutionalist you are.

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

I know you're being facetious, but it's a great question. I would bet everything I own that if Hillary Clinton would have been elected in 2016 and done the exact same things as Trump since then, she would have been impeached and removed before she completed her first year in office. 

So why don’t they? If you can do it over a phone call someone overheard, why not something this stark? 

20 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's all a front man, he ran for president so he could charge secret service to stay at his hotels. It's an all-time con. You're blind if you don't see it.

They are not even going to bring it up. Once they do they expose themselves for doing much worse on both sides. They line their pockets with special interests groups, shady real estate deals. Look at Charlie Wrangel. Over a dozen ethics violations confirmed by both sides. Nothing was done. He could not be on committees that was it. Big phucking deal.

I actually hope they do bring it up so we can expose all of it on both sides. Rubio selling his house for like twice the value. WTF market does that happen in a stable economy. Total bs. Nancy worth over 200 million. Yeah, so her husband garners no power in his business dealings married to the speaker of the house from pious San Fran. That place is a grease trap of corruption.

51 minutes ago, Reality said:

Not exactly the point I was making but go ahead and exaggerate.

29 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

They are not even going to bring it up. Once they do they expose themselves for doing much worse on both sides. They line their pockets with special interests groups, shady real estate deals. Look at Charlie Wrangel. Over a dozen ethics violations confirmed by both sides. Nothing was done. He could not be on committees that was it. Big phucking deal.

I actually hope they do bring it up so we can expose all of it on both sides. Rubio selling his house for like twice the value. WTF market does that happen in a stable economy. Total bs. Nancy worth over 200 million. Yeah, so her husband garners no power in his business dealings married to the speaker of the house from pious San Fran. That place is a grease trap of corruption.

We as citizens just keep accepting it though. We are the ones that keep voting them in. How do we change that?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Biden is going to open the borders and give amnesty to the millions and millions of illegals already here. And they all get free healthcare, education and social services. Why do you want that? Does cheap labor from third world countries benefit your business? 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Raising the moral high ground on Trump is an eye roller. Go read about what the Clintons did strapped for cash and bankrupt. Selling pardons, selling the Lincoln bedroom. Numerous wrist slaps by the SD for other deals. 

He can visit his properties anytime he wants. One of the perks of being President. WH sucks anyway. Boring estate, boring town and overflowing with black on black crime. Interesting because a town that is suppose to help blacks, blacks have a horrible situation. Drugs, murder, armed robbery. Staples of DC despite controlled by Democrats. Actually, every city controlled by Democrats have the same exact problem; Blacks confined to one central location in horrible shape and it gets worse and worse every single year.

Maybe they could actually do something about it. Maybe? No. They won't to hard. Just tell them it's Trump's fault.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden is going to open the borders and give amnesty to the millions and millions of illegals already here. And they all get free healthcare, education and social services. Why do you want that? Does cheap labor from third world countries benefit your business? 

WTF are you talking about?  How do you come to the conclusion that is what I want?  Do you have an illness where you make shlt up?

WTF are you talking about?  How do you come to the conclusion that is what I want?  Do you have an illness where you make shlt up?

Gotta pick one kid. No middle road. Who ya got.

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Raising the moral high ground on Trump is an eye roller. Go read about what the Clintons did strapped for cash and bankrupt. Selling pardons, selling the Lincoln bedroom. Numerous wrist slaps by the SD for other deals. 

He can visit his properties anytime he wants. One of the perks of being President. WH sucks anyway. Boring estate, boring town and overflowing with black on black crime. Interesting because a town that is suppose to help blacks, blacks have a horrible situation. Drugs, murder, armed robbery. Staples of DC despite controlled by Democrats. Actually, every city controlled by Democrats have the same exact problem; Blacks confined to one central location in horrible shape and it gets worse and worse every single year.

Maybe they could actually do something about it. Maybe? No. They won't to hard. Just tell them it's Trump's fault.

But Clinton but Biden but Obama but Clinton but Biden but Obama but Clinton but Biden but Obama blah blah blah...

Just now, drobeski said:

Gotta pick one kid. No middle road. Who ya got.

You can say that Biden is going to make that happen but I honestly don’t see it happening. It won’t happen just like a lot of crap Presidents say don’t happen.

I don’t want Biden or Trump so Fock off. I already made my choice. 

• Haha 1

You can say that Biden is going to make that happen but I honestly don’t see it happening. It won’t happen just like a lot of crap Presidents say don’t happen.

I don’t want Biden or Trump so Fock off. I already made my choice. 

Haha 😄 

But Clinton but Biden but Obama but Clinton but Biden but Obama but Clinton but Biden but Obama blah blah blah...

You said it. Not me. Clinton and Biden. They have done nothing for blacks. Clintons could have done something but they went on an international marketing campaign. Black were not part of it. Same with Obama. He bought a home in Martha's Vineyard and said phuck that bs. He did nothing for Chicago. They are suffering right now and he has nothing to say about it.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

You said it. Not me. Clinton and Biden. They have done nothing for blacks. Clintons could have done something but they went on an international marketing campaign. Black were not part of it. Same with Obama. He bought a home in Martha's Vineyard and said phuck that bs. He did nothing for Chicago. They are suffering right now and he has nothing to say about it.

That doesn’t have anything to do with what I’ve been talking about. 

4 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

That's an embarrassment. Try that shiiiit at an AZ rally and watch the bodies hit the focking floor. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So why don’t they? If you can do it over a phone call someone overheard, why not something this stark? 

I don't know. My theories:

1. Everyone knew he was doing this early on in his term. At first there was some steam about it, but there were SO MANY stories about improprieties and conflicts of interest that it got buried quickly under the avalanche of news.

2. It takes a lot of political capital to go forward with impeachment. The spineless Dems never wanted to impeach him, they knew there was zero chance he would get removed by the Republican Senate. They only finally did it when they felt like they had no other choice. And we know what happened.

3. I doubt Congressional members truly want any sort of wide-ranging investigation involving revenue sources for the POTUS for fear it would trickle down into their business affairs and expose some of the rampant corruption throughout the government. R's and D's are all filthy with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guys, you have to remember that Hawkeye doesn't care about anyone but Trump.  He didn't pay attention to politics until Trump.  It's called TDS.

Just now, Fnord said:

1. Everyone knew he was doing this early on in his term. At first there was some steam about it, but there were SO MANY stories about improprieties and conflicts of interest that it got buried quickly under the avalanche of news.

2. It takes a lot of political capital to go forward with impeachment. The spineless Dems never wanted to impeach him, they knew there was zero chance he would get removed by the Republican Senate. They only finally did it when they felt like they had no other choice. And we know what happened.

3. I doubt Congressional members truly want any sort of wide-ranging investigation involving revenue sources for the POTUS for fear it would trickle down into their business affairs and expose some of the rampant corruption throughout the government. R's and D's are all filthy with it. 

None of that is convincing. There has to be another reason. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

None of that is convincing. There has to be another reason. 

Really? You don't think #3 is kinda convincing?

I suspect you have a reason in mind. Care to share?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Guys, you have to remember that Hawkeye doesn't care about anyone but Trump.  He didn't pay attention to politics until Trump.  It's called TDS.

I’m not sure what you want me to do. I was young and wasn’t aware of what was going on. Should I just live in the past now?  I prefer to focus on what’s going on now.  I can’t change what happened but for some reason you all seem to dwell on it and expect Trump to get away with whatever he wants as well. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m not sure what you want me to do. I was young and wasn’t aware of what was going on. Should I just live in the past now?  I prefer to focus on what’s going on now.  I can’t change what happened but for some reason you all seem to dwell on it and expect Trump to get away with whatever he wants as well. 

You could at least tint the focking crystal clear window you give us a view through. :(

Just now, shorepatrol said:

You could at least tint the focking crystal clear window you give us a view through. :(

😕

40 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Really? You don't think #3 is kinda convincing?

I suspect you have a reason in mind. Care to share?

They are corrupt, but that’s not what’s stopping them from impeaching him for this. They conduct the investigations, so why would they be afraid of their own corruption being investigated? From who, the FBI? Come on man. Nope, it’s something else. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That doesn’t have anything to do with what I’ve been talking about. 

It has everything to do with it because Biden is getting most of the black vote. Totally messed up. Want to talk about Corruption, go look at Biden and his brother's bankrupt disco with millions in loans.

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

All of them are engaged in some ethics problem. Don't get to be in Congress without it for long. They need donors. Even the wealthy ones are not fronting any sizeable portion of their own wealth. Bloomberg didn't spend that much of his own money. Not even pocket change. Trump is not paying to room and board all of security and staff on his dime ever. Why do that when it's legal to charge the Government. If it's a problem they would have said something years ago. It's not a problem unless one just hates him for other reasons. They were fine with Hillary running a sham charity from the SD using Government employees. They also didn't have an IG for 5 years. Nobody to even look at her stuff even if they wanted to do it. Obama left it vacant. Longest in history a dept was without an IG and not by chance.

Any who is buying all these crap books. I have yet to meet anyone buying that crap. Something shady as phuck is going on with those book deals. How do they even find the time to write them. I would have to quit my real job to write a meaningful book on anything. How was Obama writing a book when he is suppose to be running the country. Not possible unless he not running it.

6 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Trump massively upped the price of admit to those properties. Post potus.

Donald Trump’s luxury resort in Florida is making the most of his leap into the White House by doubling its initiation fee to $200,000, it was reported Wednesday.

The price hike at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach took effect on Jan. 1, less than two months after Trump’s defeat of Hillary Clinton, 

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Donald Trump’s luxury resort in Florida is making the most of his leap into the White House by doubling its initiation fee to $200,000, it was reported Wednesday.

The price hike at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach took effect on Jan. 1, less than two months after Trump’s defeat of Hillary Clinton, 

So what?