Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Brady = goat

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Believe me, it has been a major frustration of Packer fans every where that GM/Coaching has only gotten this QB to one SB. Shouldn't blame Rodgers, he's been on the bench for multiple times watching the defense give up a lead with no opportunity to win it back. And your blame should be more focused on Don Capers, the 15-1 team might have had the worst defense of any team all time with 12+ wins.  

Makes it all the more amazing that B&B went to  13 AFC championships games and won 9.  :shocking:

do you think he got lazy and content and the packers drafting Jordan Love, lit a fire under his ass?

100% why Brady started to care again, once Jimmy G was drafted

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Belichick has 2 such wins.  He also beat the Patriots using the Browns and Vinny Testaverde in 1994.  That and the win over the Steelers in the 2001 AFC title game with Drew Bledsoe.

Brady started the steelers game

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Belichick has 2 such wins.  He also beat the Patriots using the Browns and Vinny Testaverde in 1994.  That and the win over the Steelers in the 2001 AFC title game with Drew Bledsoe.

I guess you can say that.  New England was winning though, when Brady left the game.  They never lost the lead.  In baseball, Brady would be credited with the win.  But Bledsoe did put up more points... the defense gave up more too, so... I'm good however you want to look at it.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Brady started the steelers game

Yah but I didn't think anyone would seriously credit Brady with anything there.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Yah but I didn't think anyone would seriously credit Brady with anything there.

only you are crediting bill with a win without brady even though he started the game and the Patriots were leading when he left.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So did Delanie Walker.  With just over a minute to go in that Conf Champ game, Alex Smith threw a great pass to Walker that would have gotten him to mid-field on that last drive of the game.  Ball went right off his hands.  He catches that pass, the 49ers have 1st and 10 at mid-field only needing about 20 yards for a game winning FG.  Instead, they go to overtime and poof, game over.

And the Giants didn’t drop any passes that game I suppose. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

And the Giants didn’t drop any passes that game I suppose. 

I'm sure players on both teams dropped passes.  Just that one had a direct impact on the outcome.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm sure players on both teams dropped passes.  Just that one had a direct impact on the outcome.

Wes Welker :doh: 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Eli was tougher that day than most QB’s in playoff history. Maybe the toughest. And the game was mostly affected by Coughlin out coaching Harbaugh, especially on special teams. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eli was tougher that day than most QB’s in playoff history. Maybe the toughest. And the game was mostly affected by Coughlin out coaching Harbaugh, especially on special teams. 

I have no problem with agreeing with all of that, at your word.  I just remember Walker dropping that ball at the 50 yard line with a minute left in the game.  With all of the outcoaching and toughness, and special teams play, that dropped pass was huge.  If he doesn't drop it, he probably gets a couple more yards, but still... with only a minute left in the game and your team is at mid-field with a tie score, your odds of winning a huge.  Especially since that was a 3rd and 10 play from your own 29.  Instead of 1st and 10 at midfield, it's 4th and 10 and your punting.

That play has just as much impact as Tyree (?), catching that ball on his helmet.

42 minutes ago, edjr said:

do you think he got lazy and content and the packers drafting Jordan Love, lit a fire under his ass?

100% why Brady started to care again, once Jimmy G was drafted

He was definitely on auto-pilot the last couple of McCarthy seasons. As far as Love, I'd say between 25-33% improvement is that, the rest is Rodgers and offense with complete understanding of LaFleurs offense. I think it was pretty clear, not everyone was on the same page last year. 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I have no problem with agreeing with all of that, at your word.  I just remember Walker dropping that ball at the 50 yard line with a minute left in the game.  With all of the outcoaching and toughness, and special teams play, that dropped pass was huge.  If he doesn't drop it, he probably gets a couple more yards, but still... with only a minute left in the game and your team is at mid-field with a tie score, your odds of winning a huge.  Especially since that was a 3rd and 10 play from your own 29.  Instead of 1st and 10 at midfield, it's 4th and 10 and your punting.

That play has just as much impact as Tyree (?), catching that ball on his helmet.

I’d have to watch that play again. I’m sure you’re right but it doesn’t stick out. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d have to watch that play again. I’m sure you’re right but it doesn’t stick out. 

You know what, I was just talking to a coworker of mine (49ers fan).  He said that pass was over thrown at midfield.  The one that Walker dropped was earlier in the game.  My bad.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You know what, I was just talking to a coworker of mine (49ers fan).  He said that pass was over thrown at midfield.  The one that Walker dropped was earlier in the game.  My bad.

No sweat. It was 10 years ago. Now I’m sad 

Brady has thrown 80 TD passes in the playoffs.  That is the most in NFL history.  #2 is Joe Montana with 45.

15 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Brady has thrown 80 TD passes in the playoffs.  That is the most in NFL history.  #2 is Joe Montana with 45.

He took over a team that hasn't seen the playoffs since Bush was in office and takes them to the Super Bowl in his first year. Brady wants this bad. It will seal his legacy and no one can say oh it's the system he was in. He taught this team how to win. 

How many conference championships did Brady play in before he was 26? :ninja:

27 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

He took over a team that hasn't seen the playoffs since Bush was in office and takes them to the Super Bowl in his first year. Brady wants this bad. It will seal his legacy and no one can say oh it's the system he was in. He taught this team how to win. 

He took over a team that was absolutely loaded on O. He knew what he was doing, bailing on a Pats team that was in decline. He admitted that is why he chose the bucs. Garbage winston even won 7 games with them and he totally sucks. All that was missing was a franchise QB. Any franchise level QB takes that team to the playoffs.

Yeah, he's great but cannot be compared to HOF level QBs of the 70's -90s'. 

He's playing at 43 because of the wussification of the NFL. If he was playing in the 70s, he would have been gone by 35 easily. This would have been him:

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

He took over a team that was absolutely loaded on O. He knew what he was doing, bailing on a Pats team that was in decline. He admitted that is why he chose the bucs. Garbage winston even won 7 games with them and he totally sucks. All that was missing was a franchise QB. Any franchise level QB takes that team to the playoffs.

Actually no one else wanted to sign Tom Brady.  Brady actually had to reach out.  Brady contacted the 49ers front office last offseason and said he wanted to play for them.  The 49ers said no they were happy with Garoppolo.  The Buccaneers were the only team to offer him a contract.

39 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

How many conference championships did Brady play in before he was 26? :ninja:

Is anyone saying Mahomes isn’t the best in the game? You’re going to have to wait on ever. 

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Actually no one else wanted to sign Tom Brady.  Brady actually had to reach out.  Brady contacted the 49ers front office last offseason and said he wanted to play for them.  The 49ers said no they were happy with Garoppolo.  The Buccaneers were the only team to offer him a contract.

I believe the Chargers were also in on the bidding, but there may have been more. 

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I believe the Chargers were also in on the bidding, but there may have been more. 

They were just talking about this on the radio yesterday.  They were saying the Buccaneers were the only one, it was them or retirement.

Smart guys like Brady and Eli don’t go to the chargers. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Smart guys like Brady and Eli don’t go to the chargers. 

The Chargers are mystifying.  They are completely loaded with talent.  Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram give them what SHOULD be one of the most feared pass rushes in the NFL.  They've had a franchise QB and continue to do so with Herbert.  Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry etc give them legit targets.  Its like every week something absolutely crazy happens to make them lose.

I continue to say that, one of these years in the near future, like maybe in the next 3 years, the Chargers are going to go 15-1 and bulldoze the NFL and win the super bowl easily.

46 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

That's an old rumor but I'm talking about what they are saying today.

That was from when he signed. Far more important than looking at it today.

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

A lot of this is true.  Tampa had talent on the offense, but an average QB with that team wins maybe 9 games.  The defense wasn't as good and the OLine wasn't either.  Getting Winfield Jr, plus Wirfs in draft were huge.  The biggest improvement though was Brady's intangibles.  He knows how to run an offense.  He made the OLine better, the RB's better, and the pass catchers better.  Brady threw 2 pick-6's this year.  Both to the same WR (Justin Watson), running the same route (incorrectly), both times.  Watson never ran that route the rest of the year.  That kind of thing doesn't happen with many QB's.

Something to add though, this team has very little depth (no outside of the WR position), it's very old, and it's very expensive.  This team is very poorly constructed.  It was in "win-now" mode without the players to "win-now".  Brady elevated a lot of players this year.  There's a lot of QB's that are "good" that don't really elevate players as much as Brady did this year.  A guy like Matt Stafford, probably wins 9 games, maybe 10, with this team this year.  They're also not in the Super Bowl.

I drafted

Brady,  Fournette, AB, Succop and TB D in a playoff league.. yeah, already have it locked up. guy with only Maholmes is 50 back 

• Like 1