BLS

My $2k bet with Mike Honcho - Discussion Necessary

38 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

What percentage of 81 million Biden voters do you think were involved in “wrecking cities”? Surely not anywhere near 7 million?

I’ve never voted for POTUS, but chose Biden to restore some sanity to the sh!tstorm Trump created. I have two good friends, also lifetime non-voters until this election, who did the same. And my wife, a registered Republican, voted Biden as well. We’re all law-abiding physicians. Not a city wrecker among us, nor the vast majority of my work and social circles, with the overwhelming majority supporting our new president.

I know it’s hard to fathom, but the Geek Club doesn’t represent the political views of most of the country. But rest assured, the dystopian, Kamala Harris led collapse of the country some of you guys are predicting won’t happen. If we survived 4 years of Trump, we can handle anything.

What Trump Presidential decision or executive order was so bad you had to “survive” it?  I’m not talking tweets or op-eds you read in the NYT’s? 

On 12/8/2020 at 9:20 AM, MDC said:

It couldn’t possibly be that a historically unpopular POTUS who barely limped by the worst candidate in history in 2016 lost fair and square.

Must be muh fraud. :cheers: 

Spot on man. The fraud that people still Claim is pathetically laughable. Multiple people, like Giuliani, couldn't stop talking about all of this evidence. How many judges did this go in front of? Every single one shot down any large victory Trumps team was seeking. I guess the US branch of the Illuminati was able to trick Trump into hiring judges who had already been compromised.

And then the Republicans stating so blatantly that they wish their side would cheat better. That's as anti democracy as it gets. Plain and simple.

I hate the fact that the dems own all 3 branches of government, but Trump is probabky the most hated President of all time. It's not surprising that the backlash was this bad

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What Trump Presidential decision or executive order was so bad you had to “survive” it?  I’m not talking tweets or op-eds you read in the NYT’s? 

Downplaying the severity of covid has contributed directly to our country’s inexcusable case count and death toll. It’s impossible to say how much, but his behavior definitely made my job more painful for most of 2020. And HI has done a relatively good job with the pandemic - I know my friends practicing in other states haven’t been happy with his lack of leadership either. Deaths among healthcare workers were way up last year.

More importantly, even as a non-voter I respect democracy, and inciting all those dipsh!ts at the capitol certainly threatened the foundation of our government and society.

I’m not on Twitter, nor do I routinely read op-Ed’s. Why do you assume I’m misinformed and/or unable to process information as well as you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

His behavior. Ok. 

I don’t know how some of these people make it in the real world.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

Downplaying the severity of covid has contributed directly to our country’s inexcusable case count and death toll. It’s impossible to say how much, but his behavior definitely made my job more painful for most of 2020. And HI has done a relatively good job with the pandemic - I know my friends practicing in other states haven’t been happy with his lack of leadership either. Deaths among healthcare workers were way up last year.

More importantly, even as a non-voter I respect democracy, and inciting all those dipsh!ts at the capitol certainly threatened the foundation of our government and society.

I’m not on Twitter, nor do I routinely read op-Ed’s. Why do you assume I’m misinformed and/or unable to process information as well as you?

Whats your thoughts on Operation Warp Speed?  As well as the early travel ban from Wuhan and then all of China where the virus originated?  Those were actual orders or executive decisions / programs.   Not just "behavior" as noted by HT.  

• Haha 1

Anyone here who would say their job wasn’t more painful in 2020 than prior years? Maybe a couple who worked from home and enjoyed it?

I wonder if my job is going to be magically less painful tomorrow.

And that’s how they judge people. It’s what you say, not what you do. Which allows them to be judge and jury on a subjective matter, instead of facts. 

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Whats your thoughts on Operation Warp Speed?  As well as the early travel ban from Wuhan and then all of China where the virus originated?  Those were actual orders or executive decisions / programs.   Not just "behavior" as noted by HT.  

Operation Warp Speed was a good idea that likely would have been floated no matter who was in office. Trump’s travel ban was only a ban on non-citizens and mandatory screenings for citizens who’d been to Hubei Province. Maybe that slowed things down but it wasn’t really a ban.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Operation Warp Speed was a good idea that likely would have been floated no matter who was in office. Trump’s travel ban was only a ban on non-citizens and mandatory screenings for citizens who’d been to Hubei Province. Maybe that slowed things down but it wasn’t really a ban.

So why did he just lift the travel ban on many countries, like Brazil and most of Europe,  before he left office if it wasn’t really a ban? It was at the request of the airline industry. I guess their planes were grounded and they lobbied him because there was no ban.  Biden said he’s undoing that order. Because it doesn’t exist I guess. Good grief. 

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

The travel ban was silly, as it only limited Chinese nationals, not Americans returning from China or those involved with business. Moreover, the virus had already spread outside of China, and we later delayed restrictions from other hotbeds like Great Britain. If he were serious, all those groups would be quarantined upon returning to the US, at the minimum.

Operation Warp Speed is a good idea. I don’t think it originated with Trump though, but I guess I can give him credit for not preventing the scientists from doing their jobs. 

There’re a ton of sh!tty Trump policies, which Biden is rapidly cleaning up - diverting funds for the border wall, Muslim travel ban, disengaging from the WHO and Paris Accords, and permitting oil drilling in wildlife refuges, to name a few. But undermining pandemic control and inciting an insurrection based on a bunch of conspiratorial nonsense are his legacy.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

His behavior. Ok. 

When you’re the POTUS, your behavior has meaningful consequences, arguably more than any other person on the planet.

But his policies suck too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Anyone here who would say their job wasn’t more painful in 2020 than prior years? Maybe a couple who worked from home and enjoyed it?

No one expects things to change magically. It’s gonna take a while to clean up a mess 4 years in the making, and political division much more long-standing.

3 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

When you’re the POTUS, your behavior has meaningful consequences, arguable more than any other person on the planet.

But his policies suck too.

Good. Let’s keep that in mind going forward. And you’re mad that the travel ban let Americans , back into America?  Why? What were they supposed to do, stay at a hotel since March? How about students studying abroad? Leave them there? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And that’s how they judge people. It’s what you say, not what you do. Which allows them to be judge and jury on a subjective matter, instead of facts. 

Both what Trump said and did sucked. Outside of OWS, his only decent act was creating the space force.

Just now, penultimatestraw said:

Both what Trump said and did sucked. Outside of OWS, his only decent act was creating the space force.

Didn’t like his criminal justice reform? It had bi-partisan support. Lots of it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good. Let’s keep that in mind going forward. And you’re mad that the travel ban let Americans , back into America?  Why? What were they supposed to do, stay at a hotel since March? How about students studying abroad? Leave them there? 

Quarantine for a couple weeks upon return, at least until testing was available to facilitate pre- and post travel exclusion of active infection.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t like his criminal justice reform? It had bi-partisan support. Lots of it. 

Yeah, that was reasonable too. Thanks for the reminder.

6 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

Quarantine for a couple weeks upon return, at least until testing was available to facilitate pre- and post travel exclusion of active infection.

They were told to quarantine. 

4 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

Yeah, that was reasonable too. Thanks for the reminder.

And his Mid East deals? Against them? I guess Biden will have to clean up that “mess”. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They were told to quarantine. 

I don’t think that is accurate, at least initially. Also, a system to enforce quarantining must be in place, which definitely was not present (and still isn’t some places).

13 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Our flooring biz definitely took a hit during the shutdown.  It was offset a little by unemployment and a small EIDL loan.  On the flip size, our side biz took off like a rocket and is still going strong.  My wife has been working from home since late March and she's loving it.  No more 45 min commute in snow and ice.  

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Our flooring biz definitely took a hit during the shutdown.  It was offset a little by unemployment and a small EIDL loan.  On the flip size, our side biz took off like a rocket and is still going strong.  My wife has been working from home since late March and she's loving it.  No more 45 min commute in snow and ice.  

Good to hear.

My business is also doing well financially.  We'll see how things are in 9+ months.  Work was more of a pain though.  Masks, sanitizing, daily COVID forms to fill out, more safety meetings, drop in productivity for the office staff that went to working from home, having to swap up field guys/foreman because of COVID, and I'd say business relationships in general aren't as strong as they were since we haven't been able to get together like we used to.

Oh, and we cancelled our company outings...baseball game, Christmas party, and an annual dinner/drinks for all employees who have been with the company for 10+ years.  No Christmas Pig-Out day where half the office staff brings in a dish.  No birthday treats in the breakroom.  I know none of it is a big deal, but all those little things are part of our company's culture.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 4:52 PM, penultimatestraw said:

Hard to say, but something is fishy, as he definitely posted after the date listed as his last post on his profile. Not sure how one does that.

My guess is he isn’t banned, and just doesn’t want to pay.

Well, another SB in the books. Any update, did he pay yet? 

I only ask bcoz I lost a SB  bet to him once, messaged/paid him as soon as the game ended..... I wish I known I was betting a welcher, never would have made the bet. 

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Well, another SB in the books. Any update, did he pay yet? 

I only ask bcoz I lost a SB  bet to him once, messaged/paid him as soon as the game ended..... I wish I known I was betting a welcher, never would have made the bet. 

Nope. After telling me to chill TF out, he’s been MIA. Funny how none of his conservative buddies have called him out, while they’ve repeatedly referenced a liberal poster as a welcher, despite the fact he hasn’t posted in years. Predictably lame. 👎

2 hours ago, penultimatestraw said:

Nope. After telling me to chill TF out, he’s been MIA. Funny how none of his conservative buddies have called him out, while they’ve repeatedly referenced a liberal poster as a welcher, despite the fact he hasn’t posted in years. Predictably lame. 👎

Call who out?  He isn’t here dicklips.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Call who out?  He isn’t here dicklips.

That never stopped you guys from referencing Chronic Husker as the archetype of liberal welcher.

Also, how do you know @iam90sbaby hasn’t been here? His last post occurred after the “last visited” date in his profile, so you really have no idea when he was around - unless you are his alias, detective.

3 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

That never stopped you guys from referencing Chronic Husker as the archetype of liberal welcher.

Also, how do you know @iam90sbaby hasn’t been here? His last post occurred after the “last visited” date in his profile, so you really have no idea when he was around - unless you are his alias, detective.

I thought iam90sbaby was now JustinCharge?

4 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

5 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

Would you have paid if you lost?  You too were MIA for quite a hiatus.  

@iam90sbaby pay the man/woman/person/it so he/she/it will leave.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

They're both into the prospects of another civil war, but I don't think they're the same person. Posting style is different.

14 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Of course - why make a bet if you don't intend to honor it? Also, pretty fishy he disappeared shortly after I called him out.

But you're right, I'll gladly leave if he pays.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:22 AM, Alias Detective said:

I just contacted him for his Venmo

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, MDC said:

It was riversco got a handle change to JustinCharge

iam90sbaby has always been different.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, iam90sbaby said:

I just contacted him for his Venmo

See doc, only liberals are welchers.  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

See doc, only liberals are welchers.  :thumbsup:

Yeah he only paid 8 months late.

• Like 1