Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

"60 Minutes" had a great piece last night on this very subject, that things have gotten so polarized that people have become dangerously ignorant 

Capt. Crazysauce threw gasoline on that fire 

:lol:

Your comment isn't polarized in the least...

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Do you have kids?  I learned when parenting my children to label the behavior and not the person.  Things like “hitting your sister in the head is bad” vs. “you are bad.” On the flip side, if they got an A on a project, “you put a lot of effort into that and it shows” vs. “you are smart.”  So I don’t view it as semantics.

Dismissal is not questioning.

My lane is quite clear.  How about that homophobe comment?

You jumped to what you did when you decided you couldn't win and had nothing. It was clear.

As to the homophobe comment. Utilit99 is forever saying "phags" or stuff like that and I made a comment about him coming off or being a homophobe. He said he isn't a homophobe he just really dislikes them which is the very definition of homophobe. 

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

"60 Minutes" had a great piece last night on this very subject, that things have gotten so polarized that people have become dangerously ignorant and uncompromising, which underscores what I've been saying for a year now about how we all need to meet in the middle. Debate and differing opinions is dandy up until the point where you only indulge in information sources that say what you want to hear and refuse to be factual and unbiased. 

Capt. Crazysauce threw gasoline on that fire and continues to widen the gap thanks to his refusal to accept the fact that he lost the election and that a few messed-up votes here and there would have tipped things in his favor. He attempted to circumnavigate the Constitution and democracy to stay in power and feed his bottomless pit of an ego, and so many on this board buy into his narcissistic baloney.

Bradbury predicted all of this in Fahrenheit 60+ years ago. The only thing I would say about the "meet in the middle" thing is- that assumes in some respects people come from different but equal distances. Too many people come from some crazy expectation and think the middle is still far to the right or left. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You jumped to what you did when you decided you couldn't win and had nothing. It was clear.

As to the homophobe comment. Utilit99 is forever saying "phags" or stuff like that and I made a comment about him coming off or being a homophobe. He said he isn't a homophobe he just really dislikes them which is the very definition of homophobe. 

Bradbury predicted all of this in Fahrenheit 60+ years ago. The only thing I would say about the "meet in the middle" thing is- that assumes in some respects people come from different but equal distances. Too many people come from some crazy expectation and think the middle is still far to the right or left. 

I have no idea what that first paragraph means, so congrats I guess.

As far as meeting in the middle, my very first post to you on this topic conceded that “CRT” in the technical sense is not being taught in younger schools, and proposed that we talk instead about what is being taught and why parents are concerned.  I’m missing where you’ve attempted to meet in the middle.  I would not be surprised if your response to this explains to me how CRT is not being taught in schools.

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

actually mr very definition guy

the VERY DEFINITION of homophobe would be someone afraid of homos

49 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Of course- you can see the hive mind set here quite a bit. 

You know nothing. I have read Zinn and Chomsky too. Too bad the education industrial complex has based their History curriculum on one flawed, biased elitist.  

41 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

"60 Minutes" had a great piece last night on this very subject, that things have gotten so polarized that people have become dangerously ignorant and uncompromising, which underscores what I've been saying for a year now about how we all need to meet in the middle. Debate and differing opinions is dandy up until the point where you only indulge in information sources that say what you want to hear and refuse to be factual and unbiased. 

Capt. Crazysauce threw gasoline on that fire and continues to widen the gap thanks to his refusal to accept the fact that he lost the election and that a few messed-up votes here and there would have tipped things in his favor. He attempted to circumnavigate the Constitution and democracy to stay in power and feed his bottomless pit of an ego, and so many on this board buy into his narcissistic baloney.

Did they delve into “mostly peaceful” riots when explaining why people on the left are dangerously ignorant ? 

36 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

actually mr very definition guy

the VERY DEFINITION of homophobe would be someone afraid of homos

So you want to be on the "don't know the meaning of words" list?

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know nothing. I have read Zinn and Chomsky too. Too bad the education industrial complex has based their History curriculum on one flawed, biased elitist.  

Hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Hilarious. 

you do know what a phobia is mr educator?

apparently you are part of the group that thinks not agreeing with something makes you fearful of it

WRONG

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Do you have kids?  I learned when parenting my children to label the behavior and not the person.  Things like “hitting your sister in the head is bad” vs. “you are bad.” On the flip side, if they got an A on a project, “you put a lot of effort into that and it shows” vs. “you are smart.”  So I don’t view it as semantics.

Dismissal is not questioning.

My lane is quite clear.  How about that homophobe comment?

How about it is wrong for a man to hit a woman vs it is wrong for anyone to hit another person?

35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you do know what a phobia is mr educator?

apparently you are part of the group that thinks not agreeing with something makes you fearful of it

WRONG

You could've saved yourself a lot of time by just typing "Yes"

moons over my hammy is so afraid of gheys that he has to accuse others of being afraid of them. It makes him feel like the "man" he could never live up to being. 

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

moons over my hammy is so afraid of gheys that he has to accuse others of being afraid of them. It makes him feel like the "man" he could never live up to being. 

Tells us again about "I'm not homophobic...I just strongly dislike them."

ho·mo·pho·bi·a
/ˌhōməˈfōbēə/

noun

1. dislike of or prejudice against gay people.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Hilarious. 

I did find Zinn amusing as I got older. I do find it sad that he’s the source of reference now. You must think he isn’t. Now that’s hilarious. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Tells us again about "I'm not homophobic...I just strongly dislike them."

ho·mo·pho·bi·a
/ˌhōməˈfōbēə/

noun

1. dislike of or prejudice against gay people.

A phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with a phobia either tries to avoid the thing that triggers the fear, or endures it with great anxiety and distress

If Trump threw gasoline on the fire it’s because Obama and his ilk started the fire. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

A phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with a phobia either tries to avoid the thing that triggers the fear, or endures it with great anxiety and distress

No it isn't. I literally gave you the definition of homophobia.

We could also say an a version to which is a strong dislike of. You admitted as such. You are a dumb hack. Who can barely get out a coherent thought and are swinging wildly to defend yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

We could also say an a version to which is a strong dislike of. You admitted as such. You are a dumb hack. Who can barely get out a coherent thought and are swinging wildly to defend yourself. 

Actually, you gave A definition, not THE definition.  Yours is from Oxford and the first one in a google search.  The next one, just below it, from Merriam Webster:

Definition of homophobia

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or gay people

I’m not saying he is or isn’t homophobic, but that Oxford definition is pretty lax with its interpretation of “phobia.”  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Actually, you gave A definition, not THE definition.  Yours is from Oxford and the first one in a google search.  The next one, just below it, from Merriam Webster:

I’m not saying he is or isn’t homophobic, but that Oxford definition is pretty lax with its interpretation of “phobia.”  

"aversion to" means a "strong dislike of"

Are we really going to pretend that definitons of things are debatable now? Maybe take your "L"....or are you going to call me autistic again?

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I literally gave you the definition of a phobia.

Seems Sean struggles with root words. I would have never, ever thought that possible  from a teacher. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

"aversion to" means a "strong dislike of"

Are we really going to pretend that definitons of things are debatable now? Maybe take your "L"....or are you going to call me autistic again?

True, but you conveniently skipped the adjective “irrational”.  @edjrposted a Bill Maher video recently where he points out how “phobia” has been co-opted, perhaps he can provide the link.  I agree with that stance.  

27 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

its ok they change definitions of words to fit whatever narrative they want to push

• Like 2

I don’t think that biological males should compete with biological females in many sports.  In fact I have a strong dislike in the case of contact sports, dare I say an aversion.  Many people would call me transphobic as a result.  Personally, I don’t think it is irrational.  But crazy people never do.  :( 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seems Sean struggles with root words. I would have never, ever thought that possible  from a teacher. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

True, but you conveniently skipped the adjective “irrational”.  @edjrposted a Bill Maher video recently where he points out how “phobia” has been co-opted, perhaps he can provide the link.  I agree with that stance.  

Aversion-

a strong feeling of not liking something

Utilit99 said he strongly disliked "phags" but was not a homophobe.

Again- both of you are trying so hard and failing miserably 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its ok they change definitions of words to fit whatever narrative they want to push

Yep. That covers it all. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Aversion-

a strong feeling of not liking something

Utilit99 said he strongly disliked "phags" but was not a homophobe.

Again- both of you are trying so hard and failing miserably 

Dang, you really are dumb. 

23 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

tomatophobic

I'm guessing I am more tomatoSoupPhobic. As I love tomatoes. So maybe I'm racist against warmed pureed and seasoned tomatoes rather than freshly sliced and lightly salted tomatoes. 

Man, there is so much to be learned from liberals. Who knew? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If Trump threw gasoline on the fire it’s because Obama and his ilk started the fire. 

I don't like Obama and didn't vote for him, but he was - by far - a classier and more respectable act than Capt. Crazysauce, who saw his own people turn against or defy him. He was impeached TWICE. 

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't like Obama and didn't vote for him, but he was - by far - a classier and more respectable act than Capt. Crazysauce, who saw his own people turn against or defy him. He was impeached TWICE. 

...and old bag nancy and schifftard couldn't get the job done. Trump beat them both times. In fact he buttfocked nancy and fed it to schifftard.

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

"60 Minutes" had a great piece last night on this very subject, that things have gotten so polarized that people have become dangerously ignorant 

Capt. Crazysauce threw gasoline on that fire 

:lol: Impeached twice!!!!

You keep proving your own point but not in the way you like it.

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He presented better for sure. If you care about that. Jimmy Carter was nice too. Just not dangerous and duplicitous like Obama. Just your average incompetent. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He presented better for sure. If you care about that. Jimmy Carter was nice too. Just not dangerous and duplicitous like Obama. Just your average incompetent. 

Liberals value image over quality work.

Goes back many years and has grown into a giant focking piece of shlt of a way to fill positions these days.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At least Carter redeemed himself with the "homes for humanity" stuff after he sh1t the bed as POTUS.  He sucked as president but he wasn't a crooked career POS politician like Brandon.

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

At least Carter redeemed himself with the "homes for humanity" stuff after he sh1t the bed as POTUS.  He sucked as president but he wasn't a crooked career POS politician like Brandon.

True. Obama is just making the problems he stirred up even worse. 

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

OK groomers...the lefts progressive agendas are sinister as fuk

Wow. They should get their ass whupped.