Cdub100

Amazon will remove Parler from their servers. Free speech is dying!

This is uncharted waters, those comparing it to a newspaper probably still write checks for pizza.  

• Haha 3

Just now, KSB2424 said:

We'll see what happens. This is how things should work though...using our words when we don't get our way.

Does the Section 230 need to be changed? Maybe. There are a lot of things that may need to be changed in regards to the internet/social media etc. We shouldn't, though, be making these changes in the heat of anger but with logic and thoughtfulness.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D.Rockchild said:

We'll see what happens. This is how things should work though...using our words when we don't get our way.

Does the Section 230 need to be changed? Maybe. There are a lot of things that may need to be changed in regards to the internet/social media etc. We shouldn't, though, be making these changes in the heat of anger but with logic and thoughtfulness.

I and many others have been calling for this change for years. This is nothing new.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Looks like Gab is now t!ts up, too. Although it may have just crashed from excess traffic.

This is way bigger than Trump.  

The funny thing is for 4 years we've heard yells of fascism!@#!   Yet here we are......

:lol:

iF yOu DoN't WaNt tO bE BaNNeD DoN't BrEaK ThE ToS :wacko:

https://archive.vn/Fdu3Z 

"With no explanation other than "repeatedly going against our community standards," @Facebook  has blocked me from managing my page. Never have we received notice of violating community standards in the past and nowhere is the offending post identified.

The only thing we posted to Facebook today was my weekly "Texas Straight Talk" column, which I have published every week since 1976." - Ron Paul

-----------

Wake up people this is a serious attack on the 1st amendment and what I thought was one of our core beliefs in this nation.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

iF yOu DoN't WaNt tO bE BaNNeD DoN't BrEaK ThE ToS

https://archive.vn/Fdu3Z 

"With no explanation other than "repeatedly going against our community standards," @Facebook  has blocked me from managing my page. Never have we received notice of violating community standards in the past and nowhere is the offending post identified.

The only thing we posted to Facebook today was my weekly "Texas Straight Talk" column, which I have published every week since 1976." - Ron Paul

I saw someone posted something about blockchain social media. Any idea if that’s a thing?

Just now, Gladiators said:

I saw someone posted something about blockchain social media. Any idea if that’s a thing?

Yeah there are different ones depending on if you're looking into facebook or twitter types. I use Theta.tv as a youtube alternative. 

All of these are very small and lack content though.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah there are different ones depending on if you're looking into facebook or twitter types. I use Theta.tv as a youtube alternative. 

All of these are very small and lack content though.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Like yer cack.

Your wife enjoyed it enough. Both of them. At the same time.

4 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

You have two tiny cacks? :wacko:

WTF  are you going on about now? What a waste of air you are.

39 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

WTF  are you going on about now? What a waste of air you are.

I love it when you give me a good taking to like this. I can almost taste your steamy armpits as I pinch your rock-hard nipples. :wub:

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

I love it when you give me a good taking to like this. I can almost taste your steamy armpits as I pinch your rock-hard nipples. :wub:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

And here I thought I was the only man for you. Is it my tiny pecker or my dominating love making that turn you off?

I think that the worst part of this is that it's not a conspiracy, it's not a desire to silence conservative voices.    The real reason that this is happening is that Zuck, Dorsey, Bezos, Gates. etc are nerds who had good ideas and even better timing.  They went from "weird guy who's always in the computer lab/coffee house/etc" to "billionaire/social icon" very quickly.   They now gravitate towards the "beautiful people" who shunned them earlier when they were just nerds.    Those that they surround themselves with now are all universally liberal.       

For the last 4 yrs when each of them goes to any gathering of their friends (which definitely looks like the "Zoolander hides out at Hansel's place" scene) and as they are sipping mojitos it inevitably leads to one of their new group of friends saying "Jack/Jeff/Mark/etc, you know I love Twit/FB/AMZ/etc, but I just don't understand how you can let that awful Trump be on there so much and say those things".   {Side note that not a single one of those people will have actually listened to/read the entire quote(s) they think they are referring to and/or understand any of the context of it.   Their friends and CNN/Lebron/Madonna/etc told them Trump said/did bad things so it must be true.  Plus - "everyone I know  doesn't like Trump".}

It's worn on Zuck/Dorsey/Bezos/Gates/etc and they grew sick of hearing it.   As entrepreneurs they had had some instinct towards freedom, opportunity, and independence.   But they've  been billionaires for a while now and they started soft and have gotten softer.   They think "everyone I know wants me to do this - so it must be right ".   And now they can look at reducing the openness  and increasing the bias of their entrepreneurial babies as that they are  actually "improving" their children as they mature.     

So all of this is because some poorly informed, driven by emotion and no evidence, model/actor/activist/politician/clinger got to party-shame Zuck/Dorsey/Bezos/Gates/etc and eventually it swung them over.   

So that's the army that defeated freedom of speech and association, the extras from a Zoolander movie. . .   

2 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Minds.com

Seems to be the most popular. I checked it out and it's pretty active.

Looks like they've found another hosting company to take them from AWS.  Don't know how long til they're back online but at least they're not dead.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:32 PM, peenie said:

And yet Stormfront is still active?

The left loves stormfront. They need as much "white hate" as they can find to keep people like you doing their bidding.

Well, at least the Republicans are in the congressional minority now so they can act like they give a fock with no expectation of actually doing anything about it.  Kinda their forte.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Well, at least the Republicans are in the congressional minority now so they can act like they give a fock with no expectation of actually doing anything about it.  Kinda their forte.

Exactly

On 1/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, Cdub100 said:

Your wife enjoyed it enough. Both of them. At the same time.

He has 2 wives?