Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Show us one of your favorite toys while you were growing up.

1 hour ago, The Elevator Killer said:

A couple of others that I don't think you can get anymore were Slip and Slide. And something called Mr. Wiggle. It hose with a nozzle that would beat the hell out of you. It had a little plastic head over the nozzle, but it would come off and hurt if it hit you in the right spot. I'm sure both of those are gone from lawsuits. 

I always thought "Mr. Wiggle" was a a game you played in the back of a van with your overly friendly uncle. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I always thought "Mr. Wiggle" was a a game you played in the back of a van with your overly friendly uncle. 

I got the name wrong. It was over 50 years ago. And how do you know about my uncle?

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Gobots were first, but Transformers ended up being way cooler.  Sadly, Santa thought I liked GoBots and not Transformers.

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

I remember the night I got it.  My dad got home from work, it's dark out and he tells me Ohh, I forgot something on the back of the car.  Can you go get it?  I got out there and it was a Big Wheel.  I'll never forget that.  Thanks, dad.  :cry:

That's an awesome memory.  👍

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Frigging A! I once saw a Frazier/Ali Rock 'em Sock 'em and have always regretted not buying it. I've looked on Ebay and such but no luck. 

I don't remember what the exact name was. But there was 2 electronic hand held games. They were shaped in a triangle shape. One was baseball, I think it was yellow. The other was football and red. Early 80's maybe? I used to love those 2 games. 

1 minute ago, Kopy said:

I don't remember what the exact name was. But there was 2 electronic hand held games. They were shaped in a triangle shape. One was baseball, I think it was yellow. The other was football and red. Early 80's maybe? I used to love those 2 games. 

Was the football one with lines and dots. Kinda like pong only you got tackled if one of the lines hit you? I had that. Lately I've been playing a lot of Retro Bowl. I even joined a league. 

1 minute ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Frigging A! I once saw a Frazier/Ali Rock 'em Sock 'em and have always regretted not buying it. I've looked on Ebay and such but no luck. 

They should bring them back with libs vs. conservatives

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Gobots were first, but Transformers ended up being way cooler.  Sadly, Santa thought I liked GoBots and not Transformers.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Holy sh!t...I tried explaining to my brother...that our cousin had this in the late 70s. I was around 5 or 6 years old... I kept describing this helicopter on a string.... and he thought I was nuts. 

I just sent this link to my cousin and brother...waiting on response.

It's crazy that you brought this up.  :doublethumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine? You're lucky you didn't get a Barbie. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Santa said:

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine? You're lucky you didn't get a Barbie. 

😳😳😳😳

12 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I just looked it up. Made in 1986. It was a company named Vtech. Talking Baseball in yellow and football in red. 

I used to wear out those batteries.

They were my post Atari and pre Nintendo go to's

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Anyone ever have one of these?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Playskool-Ford-Bigfoot-Monster-Truck-460-Powered-4X4-80s-Vintage-Toy-Truck-/192802220502

It had a key that came with it.  I remember losing mine in the back yard and walking back and forth over and over until I found it.

Absolutely! I had that exact one.
I was a sucker for 4x4 trucks.  

I also had one called "The Claw" which was red, and segmented in the middle.  Sadly when I got it, i realized it was only 4x2.  So for traction, I'd put a box of 500 - .22 shells across the seating area for weight to give it more traction.  The tires were like semi pneumatic and felt like they had air in them.  I can't find this vehicle anywhere online as far as videos, etc.  Its not as google-able as some things. For the next one, I just googled "Toy with claws that came out of tires"

Another one was "The Animal".   It had claws in the tires, and you could "lock them in", "lock them out" or let them come out when the truck needed more traction.

15 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Trump Pelose Rock 'em Sock 'em. I love it. 

3 d printer and your gold...printing money

Played a lot of wiffleball and strat from around seven or eight plus...  Then some football and basketball was added in...

Before the age of seven, I really don't remember what I played with a lot...  I remember riding the bicycle and Big Wheel a lot...  I did have a lot of Hot Wheels cars as well...

I also remember and found this that I had http://www.toysyouhad.com/Bstar.htm  A Battlestar Galactica spaceship that shot bullets; and I had the action figures. 

I also had a huge white spaceship that I fell down the stairs with one time.  http://space1970.blogspot.com/2009/11/coolest-toy-ever-space-1999-eagle.html  

I had a bunch of these toys too:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/263390278179173556/ 

I used to want Star Wars figures...but I didn't have any.

So I cut them out of a Sears Wishbook catalog and pretended they were action figures.  

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I used to want Star Wars figures...but I didn't have any.

So I cut them out of a Sears Wishbook catalog and pretended they were action figures.  

And today's "saddest thing I read on the internet" award goes to Tubby. 

Speaking of the Sears Wishbook... That was always an awesome day whenever that arrived in the mail.  :thumbsup:

I'm not clicking any of these links.

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I also remember and found this that I had http://www.toysyouhad.com/Bstar.htm  A Battlestar Galactica spaceship that shot bullets; and I had the action figures. 

I think your mom had one of those "Colonial Stellar Probes". :wub:

Little Legends of the West  http://colonelrainestoychest.blogspot.com/2010/04/little-legends-of-action-figure-history.html 

Horses, Cowboys and Indians, stage coach and covered wagon.  These had really good detail, horses and action figures knees bent.  I don't think many kids had these.

Adventure People was another good toy line.  I had these https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/ZWxNrPc--9d5bEyaI7llYLoMwGDadTPxt07QYRQHMjOpUKeXtPlDosYwrIThFyg0pSzJyDvMDexMK7h_5oaDt-7cWA 

and these https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bd/89/f7/bd89f7267a0c2fee4e482b278564601f.jpg

4 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

It just hit me that Tubby was hoping for some dic pics. 

Hey...don't fault me for getting creative. 

10 hours ago, DonS said:

Remember Stretch Armstrong?  I had the green Stretch Monster:

They are worth a lot and only a few left. The head alone was worth 5 grand on Pawn Stars. I only had Stretch and me and my cousin ruined him pulling him 8ft till the jelly came out.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

They are worth a lot and only a few left. The head alone was worth 5 grand on Pawn Stars. I only had Stretch and me and my cousin ruined him pulling him 8ft till the jelly came out.

I had two of them.  Stretch and someone else.  I don't remember him being green like the one in the video.

None of these made it, because at some point, kids decided they had to take these fockers to the limit and then just past the limit. 

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I had two of them.  Stretch and someone else.  I don't remember him being green like the one in the video.

None of these made it, because at some point, kids decided they had to take these fockers to the limit and then just past the limit. 

That is why the are rare and wort a lot. I think there was three of them, stretch, green monster and one other. Most kids had stretch and why the others are worth more.