Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Getting Chinese Food Tonight

Black pepper chicken with fried pork rice and a egg roll. Hope they won't consider it a hate crime since I'm not tipping. Actually picking it up and why no tip. What you guys got going on food wise this weekend and tonight ?

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Sorry to hear that you are getting Chinese food tonight...

Got to support them and they own our country and our President.

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Sorry to hear that you are getting Chinese food tonight...

I'm sorry that you feel sorry for someone getting to eat Chinese food, love it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Black pepper chicken with fried pork rice and a egg roll. Hope they won't consider it a hate crime since I'm not tipping. Actually picking it up and why no tip. What you guys got going on food wise this weekend and tonight ?

Where are you?  Do they do it well there?

You will be hungry again an hour later. Any plans for what you will eat after the chiner food?

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I'm sorry that you feel sorry for someone getting to eat Chinese food, love it.

And I'm sorry that you are sorry that I feel sorry about someone...  Um, what were we talking about?

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Where are you?  Do they do it well there?

Pennsylvania and yes there pretty good and enjoy their black pepper chicken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, posty said:

And I'm sorry that you are sorry that I feel sorry about someone...  Um, what were we talking about?

Honestly, I have no clue--I'm just trying to kill the last 50 minutes before the weekend starts.  :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

You will be hungry again an hour later. Any plans for what you will eat after the chiner food?

A stripper ?

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Honestly, I have no clue--I'm just trying to kill the last 50 minutes before the weekend starts.  :D  

Works for me...

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

A stripper ?

Snort some blow off her hind end and you won't be hungry until dinner time tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just now, bostonlager said:

Snort some blow off her hind end and you won't be hungry until dinner time tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Lol thanks for the advice and will that be consider a hate crime as well ?

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Pennsylvania and yes there pretty good and enjoy their black pepper chicken.

I grew up in San Francisco, in a neighborhood that consists of probably 80% asian restaurants. Might be best area in the country.  Been very spoiled on it.

Asian and BBQ are the two things I could eat daily and not get satiated on it.

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I grew up in San Francisco, in a neighborhood that consists of probably 80% asian restaurants. Might be best area in the country.  Been very spoiled on it.

Asian and BBQ are the two things I could eat daily and not get satiated on it.

Pretty awesome Bro. I always wanted to visit SF, Alcatraz, Nob Hill and Fisherman's Wharf and etc,  Not now I don't with what is going on there.

Can I get a General Tso Chicken, mild?  I'll get you next time.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

Can I get a General Tso Chicken, mild?  I'll get you next time.  :thumbsup:

Good stuff there too bro and he was never a real general. There is actually a documentary about that somewhere. I like Tso chicken though.

Dim sum is my favorite Chinese food. Been a while since I had some that was good. Nowhere around here really sells it so I have to wait til we travel to get some 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Dim sum is my favorite Chinese food. Been a while since I had some that was good. Nowhere around here really sells it so I have to wait til we travel to get some 

I love hearing that, especially since you haven't had it in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, nor Los Angeles.

46 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Got to support them and they own our country and our President.

So no tip.

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I love hearing that, especially since you haven't had it in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, nor Los Angeles.

Oh I know. I KNOW that those places (besides the places overseas) have some delicious dim sum that I have yet to try. Wife and I are planning on going to NY when I get done with PA school and that’s on the list of things to eat: delicious dim sum. She’s like me and loves dumplings. I introduced her to the different types of dim sum and now she’s hooked. That’s something we like to look for when we travel

52 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

What you guys got going on food wise this weekend and tonight ?

We are about to head to the mountains for a family vacation.. daughter will be seeing boyfriend tonight so mrs and i might hit...

Hank's tonight

tomorrow night...

River Ranch

rest of the week is up for grabs, but typically do an apres at ...

Mid mountain

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

We are about to head to the mountains for a family vacation.. daughter will be seeing boyfriend tonight so mrs and i might hit...

Hank's tonight

tomorrow night...

River Ranch

rest of the week is up for grabs, but typically do an apres at ...

Mid mountain

Sounds pretty darn cool and hope you and your family have a great weekend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Always good to go on a vacation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Always good to go on a vacation.

Very needed

2 days.... alpine and homewood.  
due daughter’s activities, have to leave Wednesday instead of Saturday 

17 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Not for pick up no.

I give a couple bucks for pick up. These businesses have been through hell over the past year and I want them to remain in business. Plus someone has to manage the timing and go get the food and package it up for you. It doesn't bother me. Small way for me to support local business. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I give a couple bucks for pick up. These businesses have been through hell over the past year and I want them to remain in business. Plus someone has to manage the timing and go get the food and package it up for you. It doesn't bother me. Small way for me to support local business. 

I get that but this place is one that probably made more money in the lock down delivering last year.

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Oh I know. I KNOW that those places (besides the places overseas) have some delicious dim sum that I have yet to try. Wife and I are planning on going to NY when I get done with PA school and that’s on the list of things to eat: delicious dim sum. She’s like me and loves dumplings. I introduced her to the different types of dim sum and now she’s hooked. That’s something we like to look for when we travel

I wanted to recommend by favorite Chinatown dim sum place but I cannot remember it’s name and I cannot find it on google maps. Maybe it closed down. 

On west side of Mott Street just off Barnyard (2 blocks off Canal Street (main road). It was in the basement of another restaurant- fantastic dim sum (except I didn’t know any better and ate chicken feet !!) - I’d eat anything LOL - guy rolled the cart around and I thought it looked good. Didn’t ask what it was until I saw the bill. LOL 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I wanted to recommend by favorite Chinatown dim sum place but I cannot remember it’s name and I cannot find it on google maps. Maybe it closed down. 

On west side of Mott Street just off Barnyard (2 blocks off Canal Street (main road). It was in the basement of another restaurant- fantastic dim sum (except I didn’t know any better and ate chicken feet !!) - I’d eat anything LOL - guy rolled the cart around and I thought it looked good. Didn’t ask what it was until I saw the bill. LOL 

As long as it tastes good right? Lol. My grandma on my dads side would just gnaw on chicken feet. She was an old school farmer with my grandpa though so it doesn’t surprise me. But good dim sum is hard to beat. And there’s a such a wide variety you can have something different every time you go. If you find that dim sum place definitely post it. Cause I know I’m not the only one here that would hit it up 

I love dim sum and New York has many excellent Chinese restaurants.  One that I really enjoy is tao.there is one uptown and one downtown.

Tao

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I love dim sum and New York has many excellent Chinese restaurants.  One that I really enjoy is tao.there is one uptown and one downtown.

Tao

I know there are a lot of great dishes. But damn, when it comes down to it I'm a cashew chicken guy all the way. Wish I could change that.

17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I know there are a lot of great dishes. But damn, when it comes down to it I'm a cashew chicken guy all the way. Wish I could change that.

I know how you feel. Ima sweet-n-sour cat guy myself. It's just always been my go to. 

I dated a girl in high school whose mom made a phenomenal tomato beef chow mein. I haven't found one that compares since. :(

So, diabetes. So I haven't had fast food nor sugar for close to 20 years now. Well, as little sugar as possible. Haven't had a slice of pizza in well over 20 years. I can't remember what a cheese steak tastes like. I'm self-flagellating myself.

Chinese food is a challenge to prepare for me, as I like all the heat with the spicy peppers and garlic and savory items, and all the textures and flavors of the vegetables and other odds and ends, but you can't balance it out with any sugar in any sauces, so it remains difficult to pull out a decent dish. And try to avoid any type of noodles and rice. It's become somewhat cliche, but Sriracha is really versatile. But if I could find a dependable recipe for Hot and Sour Soup, I'd be a little bit less miserable. 

• Like 1