Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Myles Gaskin

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

ok, so we know where Gaskin Stands.

Hes clearly the leader but I'd still classify it as a committee.

among RB's here are the stats

Name                              Rush           catches       targets         Rush + targets

Gaskin                              9                     5                  5                       14

Brown                               5                     0                  0                       5

Ahmed                              3                     2                  3                       6

17                   7                   8                      25

so Gaskin got 9 out of 17 total carries (just over 50%) but if you factor in targets in the pass game he got 14 out of 25 attempts to target the RB. (56%)

I'd say Gaskin is definitely the starter, but at this point I would classify this as a committee but barely. (I consider it to be committee if the lead back gets less than 60% of touches)

Keep in mind this is a very good defense and I think gaskin played well.  hes the only RB who averaged more than 4 yards per carry, so he MAY be headed back to being the clear cut starter in future weeks.

also of note: Tua ran the ball 4 times and Jacoby Brissett (backup QB) ran the ball twice.

not sure this is normal, but when you have a small sample size like this it is worth noting.

Yeah, he seems to kind of be in no man's land here. He's their lead RB but I just don't know that it's going to translate to much in the way of fantasy points.

He gets some touches, yet they're a bit sporadic and not really high value touches.

I'm afraid his value is often going to be his catches in PPR and not a lot else.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I'd still classify it as a committee.

"Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season is in full swing!

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

"Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season is in full swing!

keep in mind, this is one game.  it obviously looks like Gaskin is the best back based on the numbers.

I'd be surprised if this stayed as committee status for future weeks.

right now the sample size is too small to say for sure, but Gaskin ran for more than 4 YPG while the others did not.   This trend (if it remains) likely means hes headed for higher carries and a larger load in future games.

I think he’s got to be in a bit of a committee partly due to his size.  But workable rb3/2 especially for ppr

10 minutes ago, DrG said:

I think he’s got to be in a bit of a committee partly due to his size.  But workable rb3/2 especially for ppr

the thought was his smaller size may affect durability.  but if you check earlier in this thread, durability was never an issue for this kid in college.

its possible it just was a bad year injury wise. nothing more.

• Like 1

Ray I’ll be happy if your assessment is the more correct one.

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the thought was his smaller size may affect durability.  but if you check earlier in this thread, durability was never an issue for this kid in college.

its possible it just was a bad year injury wise. nothing more.

Half of the games he missed last season was due to covid. Not sure we can apply that to the injury/durability label either.

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Half of the games he missed last season was due to covid. Not sure we can apply that to the injury/durability label either.

I didnt realize the time missed was due to Covid.

that being the case, I'd bump his value up a bit from where I had him.

still as a high end RB3 or low end RB2 I dont think this guy is a bad investment.

Gaskin avg more points in ppr then first rounder Ekeler last season.  

20 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I already said  Im not fully buying it as he was durable in college.

I think we can agree  that we agree.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:18 AM, Ray_T said:

I already said  Im not fully buying it as he was durable in college.

I think we can agree  that we agree.

You quoted my same post twice.

Lol agreed.