Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Worst error in MLB history?

I was watching that game while that happened. Never saw anything like it. Why the first baseman didn't just go back to first base when Baez turned towards home I'll never know.

One thing though, that was deemed a fielder's choice, no error was charged for him getting to first. I think the error was on the throw when he went to second base though.

• Sad 2

Does first baseman Will Craig even understand how baseball works?  All I can fathom is he lost track of the outs, which is pathetic for a first baseman. Although he does make the league minimum of $570,500 per year.

Bill Bucker - even though the game would have still gone to the next extra inning

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Mental error yes, game error no.  Stupid.  Just stupid.

Baez does at times have a way of making fielders look stupid when he is on the base paths. I've seen it many times before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Does first baseman Will Craig even understand how baseball works?  All I can fathom is he lost track of the outs, which is pathetic for a first baseman. Although he does make the league minimum of $570,500 per year.

Just a brain fart when he was pulled off the bag down the line because of the throw...  He figured since he was close to the runner and most runners would give up, he figured a tag would take care of it...  Still someone should have been yelling at him to not tag him out to just throw it to first base where hopefully someone was covering...

Professional baseball players... Lol hard to believe this much sports stupid doesn't involve Leon lett somehow.

2 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

they should relocate the All-Star game again because of this. 

Move the game to china and creepy joe and hunter can throw out the first pitch.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Bill Bucker - even though the game would have still gone to the next extra inning

Gotta be Buckner. As I remember it though, incorrectly I presume, he did cost them the World Series, not "would have still gone to extra innings."

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Gotta be Buckner. As I remember it though, incorrectly I presume, he did cost them the World Series, not "would have still gone to extra innings."

if he made the play, they go to the 11th inning.

That is my biggest gripe with that game and that play. People think it cost them the world series, when it did not. They still had a game 7 as well.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That is one dude I feel sorry for as far as players focking up. The ball had a higher bounce then just hugged the ground. That just has to be shlt to deal with for the rest of your life.

• Sad 1

Yeah, I guess the game was tied since the Mets won it with that run.

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

if he made the play, they go to the 11th inning.

That is my biggest gripe with that game and that play. People think it cost them the world series, when it did not. They still had a game 7 as well.

Bingo...  Buckner gets a bad rap for sure...

It was 5-3 Boston going to the bottom of the tenth...

Ray Knight singled with two outs to score Gary Carter to make it 5-4...  Then Bob Stanley came into the game and uncorked a wild pitch that scored Kevin Mitchell and moved Knight to second and tied the game at five each...  Then Buckner's error...

The Red Sox were up 3-0 going to the bottom of the sixth and things fell apart with the Mets scoring three in the sixth and three in the seventh...  The Red Sox got two in the eighth to trail 6-5, but the Mets got two in the bottom half...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

Bingo...  Buckner gets a bad rap for sure...

It was 5-3 Boston going to the bottom of the tenth...

Ray Knight singled with two outs to score Gary Carter to make it 5-4...  Then Bob Stanley came into the game and uncorked a wild pitch that scored Kevin Mitchell and moved Knight to second and tied the game at five each...  Then Buckner's error...

The Red Sox were up 3-0 going to the bottom of the sixth and things fell apart with the Mets scoring three in the sixth and three in the seventh...  The Red Sox got two in the eighth to trail 6-5, but the Mets got two in the bottom half...

i believe it was Calvin Schiraldi who uncorked that wild pitch, not Stanley :dunno:

fact: after the 2nd out of that bottom of the 9th, the Shea scorebored flashed: "CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 1986 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS BOSTON RED SOX!" 

... Sawx also had the lead for a good deal of game 7, iirc. 

57 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Move the game to china and creepy joe and hunter can throw out the first pitch.

🇨🇳

with LeChina James catching, of course ...

🇨🇳

48 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Awarding a franchise to Montreal.  

I was trying to come up with a joke like this. I was going to post the clip of John Rocker. 

1 hour ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

i believe it was Calvin Schiraldi who uncorked that wild pitch, not Stanley :dunno:

It was Stanley...

https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1986/B10250NYN1986.htm

METS 10TH: Backman flied out to left; Hernandez flied to center; Carter singled to left; MITCHELL BATTED FOR AGUILERA; Mitchell singled to center [Carter to second]; Knight singled to center [Carter scored, Mitchell to third]; STANLEY REPLACED SCHIRALDI (PITCHING); Stanley threw a wild pitch [Mitchell scored, Knight to second]; Wilson reached on an error by Buckner [Knight scored (unearned)]; 3 R (2 ER), 3 H, 1 E, 1 LOB. Red Sox 5, Mets 6.

Tons of A-holes (including moises alou) blamed Bartman for their loss, and gonzalez skates away free after this.

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Ladies and gentlemen, stand and cheer for you're Pittsburgh Pirates.

Now why would the left fielder catch the pop-up for the third out like that?  🤔  I believe in that particular situation he should have let it fall in.  Now hear me out...

21 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

100% the steamer - Not a single member of the Red Sox bullpen was ready for the pressure of that world series

On 5/28/2021 at 7:06 AM, GobbleDog said:

Ladies and gentlemen, stand and cheer for you're Pittsburgh Pirates.

So how does that play get scored?  Does he get credit for an RBI? 

11 hours ago, DonS said:

So how does that play get scored?  Does he get credit for an RBI? 

Probly not, I'm thinking he scored on an FRC.  🤔

Fielder's retarded choice

• Haha 1

I hope the GOP does explode and starts emphasizing the need to make America White again