Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Please rank these 3rd Round RB's, drafting today... THANKS !!!!

PPR

Carson, Dobbins, Montgomery, Swift. I think anything less than that, you should look at WR's there. Talking mid 3rd round

41 minutes ago, snatchit said:

PPR

Carson, Dobbins, Montgomery, Swift. I think anything less than that, you should look at WR's there. Talking mid 3rd round

I wouldn't take any of them in the third but Carson.  If he's gone, I take Lamb.

• Like 1

I like Carson and Montgomery, I think they’ll both perform very close to one another. 

4 hours ago, snatchit said:

PPR

Dobbins

Swift

Montgomery

Carson

7 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Dobbins

Swift

Montgomery

Carson

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I think you're holding your phone upside down...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I think you're holding your phone upside down...

I like my rankings even more now.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I like my rankings even more now. 

That's only because the season hasn't started yet.

The Ravens really like Edwards, and we know how much the Lions value Swift, I would not have them listed as the top two, and even more so in a ppr league. 

Thats just silly😂

Detroit might score the least points in the league.  And yes, I'm aware of Houston.  

Dobbins, Carson, Monty, Swift

I would caution so much love for Dobbins, I think Edwards is going to be a frustration to Dobbins owners. 

Ps you forgot about the Jets on that list. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would caution so much love for Dobbins, I think Edwards is going to be a frustration to Dobbins owners. 

Ps you forgot about the Jets on that list. 

I think you have it backwards. Especially last year. Dobbins was very frustrating for Edwards and Ingram owners lol

Similar to my Malcom Brown take. If the ravens want to maximize their offense, they're not going to be running Edwards more than they need to. He's simply not that talented. He's a bruiser with average elusiveness and average speed. Sure, he's averaging 5 ypc for his career but he's always been the complement to someone else. Basically his numbers are lying to you. I'd be shocked if Edwards had any significant role besides short yardage situations. His numbers year over year have been basically the same. Now with Ingram gone I would expect them to lean on Dobbins more, not Edwards. A rookie that only started 1 game yet received over 150 touches and averaged over 6 ypc. Dobbins can be a league winner if he sees a large uptick in volume. 

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think you have it backwards. Especially last year. Dobbins was very frustrating for Edwards and Ingram owners lol

Similar to my Malcom Brown take. If the ravens want to maximize their offense, they're not going to be running Edwards more than they need to. He's simply not that talented. He's a bruiser with average elusiveness and average speed. Sure, he's averaging 5 ypc for his career but he's always been the complement to someone else. Basically his numbers are lying to you. I'd be shocked if Edwards had any significant role besides short yardage situations. His numbers year over year have been basically the same. Now with Ingram gone I would expect them to lean on Dobbins more, not Edwards. A rookie that only started 1 game yet received over 150 touches and averaged over 6 ypc. Dobbins can be a league winner if he sees a large uptick in volume. 

This...

I don’t get the love for Carson.  Yes, he puts up stats when he’s on the field, but he’s not durable.  Everyone is calling for a banner year from him as if he’s just taken over as a feature back on a great offense.  He was clearly featured last year when he was on the field.  Did he have some miracle procedure during the off-season that will keep him healthy this year?

Who was the draft day savior for AskElf last year???  Mostert.  And how did that turn out???

I would caution so much love for ______ , I think ________  is going to be a frustration to _______ owners.

To be fair you can say this about all the guys in this thread, that’s why they are at their adp.

Except Carson, I fear no one behind Carson. 

No I have it just right , last season it was Dobbins frustrating Edwards and Ingram owners, but this season Dobbins is the rb1 on the team, and Edwards will be a thorn to Dobbins owners  

didnt say he’ll dominate touches from Dobbins , but he’ll take more work from him I think then others think so. 

I would agree one can say that about all listed but Carson, which is why Carson is the obvious first pick, but I saw some one picked Dobbins in a ppr league over him, so,I thought I would let that person know what I felt, just stating my own opinion. But that same person knows little about ff and even less about nfl , they can’t spot and a super bowl contender, hey I’m just saying , welcome jag. 

If im wrong at the end of the season let me know. 

Thanks  

Montgomery may be the best outta that bunch. Carson's.good but has trouble with staying on the field and a year older. Dobbins will have to contend with Goal line vultures from Edward's and Lamar. Swift is on a team that may not score a whole lot of points. I think he does get a lot of work.but they're gonna have to throw the ball. I'm not scared about Cohen and Williams taking a.whole lot away from Montgomery. He'd be the only one I'd consider in the 3rd.

19 hours ago, snatchit said:

PPR

Talent-wise...

1. Dobbins
  2. Swift
  3. Montgomery
  4. Carson

Fantasy-wins

1. Caron
  2. Dobbins
  3. Montgomery
  4. Swift

10 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Dobbins was very frustrating for Edwards and Ingram owners lol

That's only because Edwards and Ingram owners were stupid for drafting the lesser talented player.

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

No I have it just right , last season it was Dobbins frustrating Edwards and Ingram owners, but this season Dobbins is the rb1 on the team, and Edwards will be a thorn to Dobbins owners  

didnt say he’ll dominate touches from Dobbins , but he’ll take more work from him I think then others think so. 

I would agree one can say that about all listed but Carson, which is why Carson is the obvious first pick, but I saw some one picked Dobbins in a ppr league over him, so,I thought I would let that person know what I felt, just stating my own opinion. But that same person knows little about ff and even less about nfl , they can’t spot and a super bowl contender, hey I’m just saying , welcome jag. 

If im wrong at the end of the season let me know. 

Thanks  

I agree with this. I can’t put Dobbins at the top when he has someone who will steal carries and goal line work. 

I would lean Montgomery over Carson just because of injury history not talent. They are both in very good situations. 

13 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

I agree with this. I can’t put Dobbins at the top when he has someone who will steal carries and goal line work. 

I would lean Montgomery over Carson just because of injury history not talent. They are both in very good situations. 

Goal line carries aren't the end all be all.  Dobbins had more rushing TD's last year than the rest of the RB's combined and had the most TD's on the team.  Clearly, not getting all of the goal line work wasn't as important.  Total carries/touches was.  Dobbins had 152 touches last year, 1 less than Edwards, about twice as many as Ingram.  Dobbins averaged 1.08 fp/touch where as Edwards averaged 0.85 and 0.68 for Ingram.

Dobbins also proved he was a better goal line guy than Edwards or Ingram.  I expect him to get the lions share this year.  Edwards lead the team with 17 rush attempts inside the 10, but only had 4 TD's.  Dobbins had 13 rush attempts, but had 8 TD's.  Ingram only had 5 attempts and 1 TD.

Both Dobbins and Edwards got 9 carries per game last year, Ingram had 6.5.  With Ingram gone, I expect his carries go to Dobbins and I think Dobbins goes from 152 touches to 250 touches.  If Dobbins keeps his efficiency, he should get around 15+ fpg, which should land him in the top 10.

Carson's last 3 years averages:( Rounding) up 14 games, 1,260 total Yards, 31 receptions, 9 total TD's, 14.5 fp's avg, 200 total fantasy points.

Most RB's miss games over a 3 year period, Carson has missed 7. I don't see him as more of an injury risk than anyone else. His numbers are solid an ideal RB2. Perhaps a boring choice, but the best one of these guys and it isn't close...

I can’t recall that last time the Ravens had a rb reach 250 touches in a season. 

I have Montgomery and Carson even up right now, leading Montgomery, hard to forget about how he did the second half of last season. 

I just don’t see a Ravens rb listen number one out of those Rbs in a ppr system.  

Their qb doesn’t even know how to pass.  

Yea it’s hard to bank on an RB who’s QB is pretty much locked into 1k 10td rushing. It’s sort of the fashionable thing to just dismiss Montgomery’s RB4 finish last season for whatever reason. Has any RB ever finished that high, retained his starting job and been no higher than a 3rd round pick the following year? Strange. Carson is like people said, a safe but uninspiring RB2. Swift is a real enigma, he has the talent and role to be a low end RB1 but people have been burned by the lions too much to bank on it.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I can’t recall that last time the Ravens had a rb reach 250 touches in a season. 

• Ray Rice did it 5 years in a row, from 2009 - 2013 (4 of them were over 300).
  • Forsett got 279 in 2014
    • He was on pace for 316 in 2015, but he got hurt in Week 10.

In 2016 and 2017, Terrance West (227) and Alex Collins (235 respectively), both came close.  Collins would've gotten there had he not missed a game.  Ingram (228), came close in 2019, but that was also in 15 games.

As you can see, since 2009, they had 6 guys get over 250 and 3 other average enough to get over 250 had they played 16 games.  Getting the touches and meriting them though, are two different things.  Dobbins is the best RB they've had since Ray Rice.  He'll get the touches.  I'm also not worried about Jackson either.  Most of his rushes are pass attempts gone wrong.  Sure, he gets rushing plays called for himself, but they're not the majority.  Besides, when Jackson runs, he moves the chains a lot.  On 3rd down last year, he ran the ball 43 times and got 25 first downs.  That means longer drives and more opportunities for Dobbins.  Keep in mind that Dobbins also lead the Baltimore RB's in pass targets and receptions last year.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Yea it’s hard to bank on an RB who’s QB is pretty much locked into 1k 10td rushing. It’s sort of the fashionable thing to just dismiss Montgomery’s RB4 finish last season for whatever reason. Has any RB ever finished that high, retained his starting job and been no higher than a 3rd round pick the following year? Strange. Carson is like people said, a safe but uninspiring RB2. Swift is a real enigma, he has the talent and role to be a low end RB1 but people have been burned by the lions too much to bank on it.

It’s fashionable to use logic? Montgomery didn’t have Tarik Cohen or Damien Williams on the team last year to take him off the field. Good chance his receptions take a big hit. His last 5 weeks of the season were vs cupcake defenses. A lot of factors point to him regressing. His season last year was a bit of Jekyll and Hyde. I also don’t expect the bears offense to be very good if Dalton is starting.

Thanks TB for that home work I appreciate it. I don’t see six guys having 250 plus touches I see two doing it six times. 

So it looks like the last time a Ravens rb had 250 plus touches was 2014. 

So it’s been 6 seasons. 

They do seem to like, to rotate Rbs a bit, I’ll stand pat. 

Edwards will be their rb2 , but he’ll get a lot of work , I think they both will gain work with Ingram gone. 

I can see some of the post from Dobbins owners now, Oh my soul. 

With Dalton starting I don’t see the Bears offense being really good either, but better then last season. 

The more others don’t like Montgomery the more I do.  

16 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

It’s fashionable to use logic?

Yes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

This is kind of where I’m at too. When too much noise is coming from one direction I start to think the other way will be right. 

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

With Dalton starting I don’t see the Bears offense being really good either, but better then last season. 

They'll start Justin Fields sooner rather than later

46 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks TB for that home work I appreciate it. I don’t see six guys having 250 plus touches I see two doing it six times. 

So it’s been 6 seasons. 

Edwards will be their rb2 , but he’ll get a lot of work , I think they both will gain work with Ingram gone. 

My point was that it was merit based, not scheme based.  Dobbins has the pedigree/talent, like Rice, the other guys didn't.

I think Edwards keeps his role as a guy who spells the starter.  I don't think his workload increases at all.  I think Dobbins gets like 90% of what Ingram's role was and the other two RB's who make the cut will get the other 10% scraps.

Also, in 2019, Ingram would've exceeded 250 had they not sat him out due to locking in their playoff seed.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

So it’s been 6 seasons. 

Thanks for this. It does look very unlikely that Dobbins hits the 250 mark. His receptions could make up for it but there are a lot of questions there. 

56 minutes ago, polecatt said:

They'll start Justin Fields sooner rather than later

The leashes are very short this season for a few guys. Maybe that’s good for the team overall.

I would agree, it won’t be long for Fields to be the Bears Qb this season.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would agree, it won’t be long for Fields to be the Bears Qb this season.  

Based on you an tantastic's theory that you should do the opposite of what others think, shouldn't you think Fields won't be the starter anytime soon since everyone is saying he will?

1 hour ago, skinsrule05 said:

Thanks for this. It does look very unlikely that Dobbins hits the 250 mark. His receptions could make up for it but there are a lot of questions there. 

I think it's more of the opposite.  I think he's going to push 300.  Baltimore is going to try and throw more and hand off more, because the more hits Jackson takes, the shorter his career.  I think Dobbins is going to be the beneficiary.  In my 2 drafts coming up (where I'm not partnered up with someone), I'm taking Dobbins in round 2.  I think he's going to be a top 7-10 RB.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Based on you an tantastic's theory that you should do the opposite of what others think, shouldn't you think Fields won't be the starter anytime soon since everyone is saying he will?

It’s not universal, It’s case by case. In certain cases I feel the public opinion has swung too far the other way making that player a potential value.

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's more of the opposite.  I think he's going to push 300.  Baltimore is going to try and throw more and hand off more, because the more hits Jackson takes, the shorter his career.  I think Dobbins is going to be the beneficiary.  In my 2 drafts coming up (where I'm not partnered up with someone), I'm taking Dobbins in round 2.  I think he's going to be a top 7-10 RB.

LOL!

Let us know how that works out for you...

(Unless you want me to tell you now...?  No?  Eh, I figured you were a "learn the hard way" kind of a guy.)

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Depends on how you think. Unlike the other issue , I see this as pretty simple , the rookie is better. 

What say you? 

Can’t see Dobbins getting 300 touches, and I don’t see him in the top ten.  

The best I could see for Dobbins would be a season kind of like Mark Ingram had in 2019. Which of course he had 15 TDs that season.

I would expect the ypc to come down quite a bit. He will get around 200 or so carries and about 900-1050 or so yards. Probably somewhere betwenn 25-30 catches for 200-250 yards.

What's really gonna make him or break him, like everybody else, is TDs.

I could see him with about 5-6 TDs, or I could see him with 12+ TDs. I think the more TDs he scores, the more his other numbers will be on the higher end of the ranges mentioned. That could potentially make him a low end RB1, definitely a solid RB2. The low end, I think he's good flex streamer.