Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

For the record: if like me you want to continue to support Ukraine you are not a traitor. If unlike me you no longer want to continue to support Ukraine you are not a traitor. 

Traitors are a pretty rare breed. Most people don’t qualify. 

Biden is already trying to call maga republicans traitors.  we get an eent that mantra will magnify by 1000.  theyd say "either you support of you are a maga traitor!"  its plain as DAY that the biden junta is setting that up.

The new Axis is going along well, cheered on by traitors at home:

The victory of Robert Fico, a former prime minister who took a pro-Russian campaign stance, in Slovakia’s parliamentary elections is a further sign of eroding support for Ukraine in the West as the war drags on and the front line remains largely static.

Slovakia is a small country with historical Russian sympathies, and the nature of the coalition government Mr. Fico will seek to form is unclear. He may lean more toward pragmatism, as Italy’s far-right prime minister, Giorgia Meloni, has done since her election last year. Still, the shift in Slovakia is stark: It was the first country to deliver fighter jets to Ukraine.

The election results come as disquiet over the billions of dollars in military aid that the West has provided to Ukraine over the past 19 months has grown more acute in the United States and the European Union, with demands increasing for the money to go to domestic priorities instead.

House Republicans declined to meet with Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, in Washington last month, and tensions between Kyiv and the White House over Ukrainian military strategy have surfaced. In Central Europe, once the core of fierce anti-Russian sentiment among fearful frontline states that endured decades of harsh communist rule as reluctant members of the Soviet bloc, the war is now viewed with greater nuance.

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Biden is already trying to call maga republicans traitors.  we get an eent that mantra will magnify by 1000.  theyd say "either you support of you are a maga traitor!"  its plain as DAY that the biden junta is setting that up.

You are a traitor and Putin fanboi — have been since day one :dunno:

Well maybe not if you aren’t an American anyway. I guess if you’re actually a Russian disinformation agent then you’re not a traitor — you’re just the enemy 

lol Cnn trying to guilt trip congress into more ukrainian funding.  sorry but americans are turning against the war.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/t-alone-ukrainians-react-lack-024111179.html

A CNN poll in August found that most Americans oppose Congress authorizing additional funding to support Ukraine in its fight, with the public roughly split on whether the US has already done enough.

It shows a shift in public enthusiasm, with a similar poll conducted in the early days of the invasion, in February 2022, finding that 62% of people surveyed felt the US should have been doing more.

Partisan divisions have widened since that poll, too, with most Democrats and Republicans now on opposing sides of questions on the US role in Ukraine.

230 pages and there is no discussion on what our strategy is to end this war. To send money and military equipment, unconditionally for as long as it takes, is not a winning strategy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

230 pages and there is no discussion on what our strategy is to end this war. To send money and military equipment, unconditionally for as long as it takes, is not a winning strategy.

Actually it is. 

We are going to win this war the same the Soviet Union won the Vietnam War- by supporting our ally with money and equipment until the other guy gets tired. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Actually it is. 

We are going to win this war the same the Soviet Union won the Vietnam War- by supporting our ally with money and equipment until the other guy gets tired. 

That is only a strategy for warmongers. 

The Vietnam war was one of the longest wars in history which ended up after 20 years of struggle by both of the countries i.e North Vietnam and South Vietnam. The war in Vietnam was the second-longest war in history.

how much money and how many lives will your strategy cost?

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Actually it is. 

the american people are already tired of this war and dont want to send more money.  your strategy sucks.

Biden set to give a speech and beg the American people for more money for Ukraine.  Meanwhile we have urgent financial needs at home.  tone deaf.  However he promises a new source of funding ... but will the American people approve?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-deliver-major-speech-202322266.html

Biden says he will deliver 'major' speech about Ukraine

Megan Lebowitz

Wed, October 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM PDT·2 min read

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he would deliver a "major" speech about funding for Ukraine and "why it's critically important for the United States and our allies that we keep our commitment."

Biden made the comments in response to a question from NBC News about whether he was worried about the U.S.'s being unable to deliver aid to Ukraine because of the disarray on Capitol Hill. He took questions from the media following his planned remarks on student debt.

"I'm going to make the argument that it's overwhelmingly in the interest of the United States of America that Ukraine succeed," Biden said.

Biden argued that the administration's focus on international coalition-building has improved the U.S.'s position.

"They've strengthened us across the board, not just as it relates to Ukraine, whether it's Japan and South Korea or whether it's what's happening in Europe itself," Biden said. "And so I think that it's clear to the vast majority of the foreign policy community on both left and right that this has been a valuable exercise for the United States of America to increase the support we have around the world."

The Republican Party has become increasingly divided over U.S. aid to Ukraine, and the issue was part of the standoff in the House that nearly led to a government shutdown. The 45-day continuing resolution that averted the shutdown ultimately did not include any new Ukraine aid, to the dismay of many Democrats.

Asked how long the support could continue without additional funding, Biden said the U.S. can back Ukraine in "the next tranche," adding that "there is another means by which we may be able to find funding for that." He declined to go into details about the funding source, as did press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre at the news briefing.

US public support declines for arming Ukraine, Reuters/Ipsos poll shows

WASHINGTON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Support is falling among Americans of both major political parties for supplying Ukraine with weapons, a warning sign for Kyiv, which relies heavily on U.S. arms to fight against a Russian invasion, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The two-day poll, which closed on Wednesday, showed only 41% of respondents agreed with a statement that Washington "should provide weapons to Ukraine," compared to 35% who disagreed and the rest unsure.

Let's see how Biden handles this one.....he started building the wall again, so I will give him some credit....but will he also unfock his policy toward Ukraine?

“Joe Biden has been wrong about nearly every foreign policy and national security decision over the last 40 years” - Sec of Defense Robert Gates. 

• Like 3

Russia has launched its first wave of Iranian made drones at Ukraine. Iran, you know, the ones Obama and Biden keep giving billions to. They laugh at us now. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

How is it focked?

We’re borrowing money from China to pay for Ukraine. China is supporting Russia. That’s not focked? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

How is it focked?

It always has been, he is a miserably inept foreign policy player, he has always underestimated Russia  "Biden attacked the former Massachusetts governor for being “one of a small group of Cold War holdovers,” for naming Russia as a major threat to the United States and at times referring to Soviets."  I wonder, has this moron learned anything yet?  

Let's move on though...

His notion of sanctions changing Putin's mind was farcical at best, and most rational folks knew it.  And then we have the misplaced notion of Integrated Deterrence , which found Biden unilaterally ruling out the use of force,and practically inviting aggression by admitting a “minor incursion” would be tolerable. which relegated White House strategy to beiung predicated on the deterrent effect of economic sanctions; which we knew would not work of course. And Biden knew this, he later admitted as much.......so he was either lying as part of THIS admission....or he was lying when he originally said that was the focking plan...

He has been consistently late in delivering things that could have helped......

He has mismanaged this entire sequence, from start to current date....

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It always has been, he is a miserably inept foreign policy player, he has always underestimated Russia  "Biden attacked the former Massachusetts governor for being “one of a small group of Cold War holdovers,” for naming Russia as a major threat to the United States and at times referring to Soviets."  I wonder, has this moron learned anything yet?  

Let's move on though...

His notion of sanctions changing Putin's mind was farcical at best, and most rational folks knew it.  And then we have the misplaced notion of Integrated Deterrence , which found Biden unilaterally ruling out the use of force,and practically inviting aggression by admitting a “minor incursion” would be tolerable. which relegated White House strategy to beiung predicated on the deterrent effect of economic sanctions; which we knew would not work of course. And Biden knew this, he later admitted as much.......so he was either lying as part of THIS admission....or he was lying when he originally said that was the focking plan...

He has been consistently late in delivering things that could have helped......

He has mismanaged this entire sequence, from start to current date....

Ok so what should be done today?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Ok so what should be done today?

We are in a bind.   There is little chance that Ukraine can hold out for years against all this.  The European nations need to step up and start supplying them instead of us.  Moreover, we need to start beefing our own situation up for China, and get out of Europre now.  The die is cast, we cannot undo the mistakes, now we have to balance our needs. 

We are already moving the Nimitz into the Atlantic and getting the Roosevelt over to the Pacific, so that is a good move.  Divesting of Ukraine is something we simply have to do. I surmise that Biden actually cannot, or they may release details around his pay for play schemes with them.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We are in a bind.   There is little chance that Ukraine can hold out for years against all this.  The European nations need to step up and start supplying them instead of us.  Moreover, we need to start beefing our own situation up for China, and get out of Europre now.  The die is cast, we cannot undo the mistakes, now we have to balance our needs. 

We are already moving the Nimitz into the Atlantic and getting the Roosevelt over to the Pacific, so that is a good move.  Divesting of Ukraine is something we simply have to do. I surmise that Biden actually cannot, or they may release details around his pay for play schemes with them.

I figured you were going this way, which makes your first post disingenuous at best. If you want to betray the Ukraine and help out Russia, then why complain that Biden has not done enough to help the Ukraine? :wacko:

Anyway, I’m against betraying a western democracy and kow-towing to Putin. Call me crazy 

The UK has run out of weapons to give Ukraine. 

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I figured you were going this way, which makes your first post disingenuous at best. If you want to betray the Ukraine and help out Russia, then why complain that Biden has not done enough to help the Ukraine? :wacko:

Anyway, I’m against betraying a western democracy and kow-towing to Putin. Call me crazy 

Betray Ukraine.....and help Russia....that is your logic?    I am not sure I can help you.....

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Betray Ukraine.....and help Russia....that is your logic?    I am not sure I can help you.....

That’s not a response :dunno:

At some point, this is going to be settled in a negotiation.  I feel that this would  happen if Ukraine took matters into its own hands and stopped doing the bidding of the neo cons and globalists. Yes, they would have to make concessions and Putin would claim victory. But is a long drawn out war the answer, even if they were able to Outlast Putin? I think not. Get to the table and end this thing and let the Clinton Global Initiative get to work on rebuilding Ukraine. 

On 10/2/2023 at 11:13 AM, JustinCharge said:

Vladdie does get some important things right. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At some point, this is going to be settled in a negotiation.  I feel that this would  happen if Ukraine took matters into its own hands and stopped doing the bidding of the neo cons and globalists. Yes, they would have to make concessions and Putin would claim victory. But is a long drawn out war the answer, even if they were able to Outlast Putin? I think not. Get to the table and end this thing and let the Clinton Global Initiative get to work on rebuilding Ukraine. 

I think if there was a peace treaty, Putin would get thrown out of office.  The Russian people have been enduring drone strikes in Moscow, bombings all over the nation, and Putin remains silent and wont make a big deal of it.  The pressure for Putin to act is enormous.  Its really stunning to watch Putin take the punches like this.  Most analysts are boggled.  As I say, if a nation was daily bombing DC, the American people would demand a nuclear response.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fewer-americans-support-arming-ukraine-191311192.html

Fewer Americans support arming Ukraine: Poll

Sarah Fortinsky

Thu, October 5, 2023 at 12:13 PM PDT·2 min read

The share of Americans across the political spectrum who support sending arms to Ukraine has dropped, according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey released Thursday.

The poll, conducted Tuesday and Wednesday, showed only 41 percent of respondents said they agreed that the United States should provide weapons to Ukraine, down from 65 percent of respondents who said the same in a June 2023 survey.

That decline in support for sending weapons to Ukraine extends across parties. Democratic support dropped from 81 percent in June to 52 percent in October.

Republican support dropped from 56 percent to 35 percent in the same period. Independent support dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fewer-americans-support-arming-ukraine-191311192.html

Fewer Americans support arming Ukraine: Poll

Sarah Fortinsky

Thu, October 5, 2023 at 12:13 PM PDT·2 min read

The share of Americans across the political spectrum who support sending arms to Ukraine has dropped, according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey released Thursday.

The poll, conducted Tuesday and Wednesday, showed only 41 percent of respondents said they agreed that the United States should provide weapons to Ukraine, down from 65 percent of respondents who said the same in a June 2023 survey.

That decline in support for sending weapons to Ukraine extends across parties. Democratic support dropped from 81 percent in June to 52 percent in October.

Republican support dropped from 56 percent to 35 percent in the same period. Independent support dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent.

Congratulations — your pro-Putin disinformation campaign has born fruit. You must be so proud 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Congratulations — your pro-Putin disinformation campaign has born fruit. You must be so proud 

So people are losing support for what looks like another forever war and that’s because they are influenced by Putin? What’s he saying? 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I actually agree with this. 

56 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Worms. You aren’t this stupid 

Don’t you tell me how stupid I am or amn’t :mad:

100% behind Putin. Zelensky is a criminal and a con man. He's stealing as much $ as he can as fast as he can from US taxpayers. He has zero interest in the war ending as that cuts off his free $.

On top of that Putin, given the chance, would eliminate klaus schwab. That just by itself makes Putin is a good guy. He also told trudeau that he was an idiot which is a 100% truthful comment.

• Thanks 2

Borats wife is living good, going on shopping sprees on our dime. There’s a war! I need my Chanel bag! 

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

100% behind Putin. Zelensky is a criminal and a con man. He's stealing as much $ as he can as fast as he can from US taxpayers. He has zero interest in the war ending as that cuts off his free $.

On top of that Putin, given the chance, would eliminate klaus schwab. That just by itself makes Putin is a good guy. He also told trudeau that he was an idiot which is a 100% truthful comment.

Wow, what a deluded ass you are. You're 100 percent behind a brutal dictator who does terrible things to his own people and even worse things to his peaceful, democratically elected neighbor. Of course, this is what you'd like for this country as well, so it's not surprising. 

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Wow, what a deluded ass you are. You're 100 percent behind a brutal dictator who does terrible things to his own people and even worse things to his peaceful, democratically elected neighbor. Of course, this is what you'd like for this country as well, so it's not surprising. 

It's like dating or choosing a candidate for public office.  There is a list of criteria that the candidate must meet.  The one that meets the most wins.

1 hour ago, Flipper said:

It's like dating or choosing a candidate for public office.  There is a list of criteria that the candidate must meet.  The one that meets the most wins.

Flipper! How are ya, buddy?

10 hours ago, lod001 said:

I'm with you. America first. Whatever it takes to end this bullshlt war that biden will never stop spending on to keep it going.

As I say, as support for Ukraine funding drops, Rand Paul really becomes an attractive veep candidate for whomever wins the GOP nomination, since he opposed the Ukraine funding from the start.