Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Giving up _________ for Lent

This giving up for lent crap is the dumbest thing in the history of dumb things.  And anyone that does it, is dumb.

Signed,

Swirve

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I am Catholic, but instead of sacrificing, I try to do something positive.   I re-started an exercise program about 2 weeks ago, so that doesn't really count.   I'm thinking that this year, I will make sure that I tell somebody every day how much they mean to me.

Great idea.  I got the idea for mine from my wife who is not good at keeping in touch with people, and plans to reach out to old friends during lent.

47 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Cute, but I don't need a child molester in a robe telling me when when and how I should sacrifice.  Obviously you do.  Sorry about that.

I said multiple cultures, dummy.  Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu cultures off the top of my head all do fasting.  I was using English language to try to get you to look beyond the sexual abuse you possibly experienced in the Church and expand your worldview.  Perhaps middle school was too generous, you are a young child.

Maybe you can eat pork roll every Friday, it is both a meat so you get to stick it to the Catholics, and it is disgusting so you would be making a sacrifice.  :thumbsup: 

Just out of curiosity. What would happen if you gave up Lent for Lent? :ninja:

15 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

You burn in hell?

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I said multiple cultures, dummy.  Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu cultures off the top of my head all do fasting.  I was using English language to try to get you to look beyond the sexual abuse you possibly experienced in the Church and expand your worldview.  Perhaps middle school was too generous, you are a young child.

Maybe you can eat pork roll every Friday, it is both a meat so you get to stick it to the Catholics, and it is disgusting so you would be making a sacrifice.  :thumbsup: 

Anyone who thinks pork roll is disgusting is obviously mentally challenged.  As if we didn't suspect before, now we know.

6 hours ago, fricker66 said:

I am Catholic, but instead of sacrificing, I try to do something positive.   I re-started an exercise program about 2 weeks ago, so that doesn't really count.   I'm thinking that this year, I will make sure that I tell somebody every day how much they mean to me.

Probably gonna get awkward for them by like day three. 😏

7 hours ago, OldMaid said:

I wonder what weeweepaws thinks 

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

I'm only beating off 3 times a day for Lent. 

You should give up this alias for lent 🤣

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Nope, I'm HT 

You can’t be me. I’m RP

27 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Nope, I'm HT 

Nah 

I Havnt once seen you say “buckle up, buttercup” and then do absolutely nothing 😂 

Brandon should give up the farce that he is properly handling inflation 😂 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, wiffleball said:

Lent was cool to the extent we got pancakes and eggs on Fridays. 

:mad:Those crappy fish sticks at school scarred me for life.  To this day I can't stand to look at or smell a frozen fish stick.  

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

:mad:Those crappy fish sticks at school scarred me for life.  To this day I can't stand to look at or smell a frozen fish stick.  

Blech!