Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2022

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

1 in 22 :lol: forget about winning it. they haven’t even seen it. bigly sad

😂

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yankees have lost 5 straight LCS, lol 

Who’s your team Tim? The Louisville Liars? 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Phillies

Sure. No record of this of course. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. No record of this of course. 

HT wrong again.

I figured you’d at least say something about 26 World Series titles, how the Yankees beat the Phillies the last time they made the WS, or the Phillies being the losingest franchise in sports.  You’re slipping

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

HT wrong again.

I figured you’d at least say something about 26 World Series titles, how the Yankees beat the Phillies the last time they made the WS, or the Phillies being the losingest franchise in sports.  You’re slipping

Congratulations. I was just assuming the most likely outcome, that you were lying again. It’s not 100 pct accurate, but it works most of the time.   

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Congratulations. I was just assuming the most likely outcome, that you were lying again. It’s not 100 pct accurate, but it works most of the time.   

Should just assume you’re wrong instead, that happens way more often

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I guess HT doesn’t know who Tim Hauck is either 

Not really. Journeymen safeties don’t take up a lot of room in my memory bank.  It’s full of World Series and super bowl memories. 

it sounds like the Yankees plan is to let Judge walk, not replace him with anybody but kids from the farm system, and basically cede new york city to the Mets.  maybe the Yankees front office can work from home from a bunker in Alaska as well.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

it sounds like the Yankees plan is to let Judge walk, not replace him with anybody but kids from the farm system, and basically cede new york city to the Mets.  maybe the Yankees front office can work from home from a bunker in Alaska as well.

Imagine if he went to Boston and won a WS there!

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine if he went to Boston and won a WS there!

i kinda wonder if the plan to focus on 2027, as the '27 Yankees are the standard-bearer for all things baseball, maybe they want to peak in 27 and will tear it down now to achieve that.

17 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

He proved he's not ready for the big time. They should let him walk. Cashman and Boone too. Time for an enema. 

I like Dusty Baker. Good baseball man. But if he can’t get it done now …..

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

You gotta love how the Phlies comeback in these games.

I think it’s Thomson. He manages every game like it’s Game 7 and the team never quits.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think it’s Thomson. He manages every game like it’s Game 7 and the team never quits.

Whatever it is I became a fan the last couple weeks. They also came through for me last night bet wise.

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Please don't make me root for the Astros.  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Please don't make me root for the Astros.  

I don’t care who you root for. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t care who you root for. :dunno: 

I am rooting for the manager :doh:   MLB managers are always the reason teams wins. 😐 

8 hours ago, MDC said:

Awesome game last night. :pointstosky: 

I turned it off when it was 5-0 Houston… I was very surprised when I saw the news this morning.

Matt Quatraro named royals manager

51 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

@posty @TBayXXXVII good hire or meh?

From what I've heard, he's a cerebral coach.  He always knew what to do and how to do it (in college - which is why he made his school's Hall of Fame, and in the minors), he just wasn't really genetically gifted enough to physically do it.  It's why the Indians wanted him and upset they lost him back to the Rays.  I remember hearing his name regarding the Pirates back in 2020, before they hired Derek Shelton, but that wasn't from the team as much as it was from the talking heads.  The word was that he was really good at giving the players instructions.  It was easy to learn from him.  Whether that translates for him as a manager or not, we'll see.  I think that at the very least, he's a good person to give a shot to.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

From what I've heard, he's a cerebral coach.  He always knew what to do and how to do it (in college - which is why he made his school's Hall of Fame, and in the minors), he just wasn't really genetically gifted enough to physically do it.  It's why the Indians wanted him and upset they lost him back to the Rays.  I remember hearing his name regarding the Pirates back in 2020, before they hired Derek Shelton, but that wasn't from the team as much as it was from the talking heads.  The word was that he was really good at giving the players instructions.  It was easy to learn from him.  Whether that translates for him as a manager or not, we'll see.  I think that at the very least, he's a good person to give a shot to.

The shift for the Royals seems to be in using analytics to evaluate talent and performance, at least from what you see reading what people say.  That Matheny and his crew weren't adjusting to the new approach for coaching baseball.  It kind of happened mid-season when the royals made an unconventional hire at hitting coach, and the increase in production for our hitters from the first half of the season to the second half.

The pitching never adjusted, and next up will be finding a pitching coach with this new approach in mind.  There's a ton of young talent at the major league level for the Royals, and we need someone who will be able to coach and help these young players reach their maximum potential.

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The shift for the Royals seems to be in using analytics to evaluate talent and performance, at least from what you see reading what people say.  That Matheny and his crew weren't adjusting to the new approach for coaching baseball.  It kind of happened mid-season when the royals made an unconventional hire at hitting coach, and the increase in production for our hitters from the first half of the season to the second half.

The pitching never adjusted, and next up will be finding a pitching coach with this new approach in mind.  There's a ton of young talent at the major league level for the Royals, and we need someone who will be able to coach and help these young players reach their maximum potential.

Usually when people leave Tampa, the team that's hiring them is trying to implement a more metric based team.  At some point, teams are going to start to realize that the metrics aren't as important as the talent selection.  I'm thinking that the main reason for hiring Quatraro is to take some of that metric based mindset and mix in some common sense.

Teams that win in the playoffs use talent, not computers.  There's a reason that it's usually teams in the top 7 in the league payroll end up in the World Series more times than not.  Metrics in baseball is akin to offense in football, it wins games, not championships.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

@posty @TBayXXXVII good hire or meh?

Sorry dude, I really don't know much about him...  But it is nice to see that the Royals are hired a "younger" manager than other teams see to do...  Maybe that will help them with the young talent they have...

20 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Usually when people leave Tampa, the team that's hiring them is trying to implement a more metric based team.  At some point, teams are going to start to realize that the metrics aren't as important as the talent selection.  I'm thinking that the main reason for hiring Quatraro is to take some of that metric based mindset and mix in some common sense.

Teams that win in the playoffs use talent, not computers.  There's a reason that it's usually teams in the top 7 in the league payroll end up in the World Series more times than not.  Metrics in baseball is akin to offense in football, it wins games, not championships.

i think theres teams like the guardians and athletics that just want to put a winner on the field instead of winning titles.  if they accidentally bump into a ring, its just yung gravy.

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i think theres teams like the guardians and athletics that just want to put a winner on the field instead of winning titles.  if they accidentally bump into a ring, its just yung gravy.

Everyone wants to put a winner on the field, not just Cleveland and Oakland.  The difference is how cheaply they can do it.  Cleveland is a lot more likely to spend that extra buck to get over the hump... Oakland won't do it.  If both Cleveland and Oakland are in the hunt for a playoff spot and both spent $85M on their roster, Cleveland will make 2 moves to bring in $30M of salary for quality players to be a contender, where as Oakland would make 6 minor deals to fill in platoon options and spend $4M.

Cleveland will then expect to make the playoffs where as Oakland will hope their metrics play out in their favor.  In the end, Cleveland will be in the playoffs and Oakland will end up further behind than they were before they made the trades.

Anyone know what time the yankees play? Can't seem to locate any of their playoff games. Should I call comcast?

46 minutes ago, edjr said:

Anyone know what time the yankees play? Can't seem to locate any of their playoff games. Should I call comcast?

That is very disturbing for sure at must be just an oversight...

https://news.yahoo.com/rob-manfred-oakland-athletics-las-000102871.html

Rob Manfred: Oakland Athletics to Las Vegas isn't imminent or guaranteed

Bill Shaikin

Sat, October 29, 2022 at 5:01 PM

The Las Vegas Athletics? Not so fast.

After MLB commissioner Rob Manfred told Sirius XM Radio that a long-sought new ballpark in Oakland “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen,” he told The Times that the A’s moving to Las Vegas is neither imminent nor guaranteed.

“They have two options available,” Manfred said before Game 2 of the World Series Saturday. “I think the time for the Oakland option is running out. It hasn’t run out.”

Manfred had hoped Oakland officials would approve a new waterfront ballpark before Mayor Libby Schaaf, a ballpark proponent, leaves office. However, with Oakland voters set to elect a new mayor next month, the city and the A’s have yet to agree on how to finance the infrastructure necessary to support the ballpark village, and how to develop affordable housing within it.

Yet, despite several years of exploration in Las Vegas, the A’s have neither agreed to a location for a ballpark or a plan to pay for it.

“That’s correct,” Manfred said. “They have work to do in Vegas. They don’t have a plan locked in, in either location. I think, at this point in the process and given the state of the Coliseum, they need to continue to explore both alternatives.”

Pedro Grifol named white Sox manager, which seems like an odd choice for them. 

I miss Joe Buck.  I once did not care for him. He grew on me. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I miss Joe Buck.  I once did not care for him. He grew on me. 

Good call, games had a bigger feel with Joe. He's missed and he's wasted on Monday night. I've barely tuned in.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Good call, games had a bigger feel with Joe. He's missed and he's wasted on Monday night. I've barely tuned in.

Yup.  But he got a boatload so he won’t be back soon.