Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also for informational purposes:

Thor was made for 150 million and made 450 million worldwide so 3X its budget.

Thor: The Dark World was made for ~160 million and made 645 million so ~4X its budget.

Thor: Ragnarok was made for 180 million and made 853 million so like ~4.5X its budget. 

I said it would do fine. Numerous times. So what is your point? It’s just won’t make what it could have. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All this good news and yet the stock was down over 2 pct today. Weird. And a movie has to double its budget to turn a profit. You didn’t know that? So they haven’t made anything yet. But they will. Just not as much. Owned. 

Are you so dopey that you think the movie is the only thing affecting stock price?

It's not as clean and simple as "double its budget to turn a profit." You don't know what their marketing budgets and all that are.

And the movie has been out worldwide for 3 days. I know you like to take early victory laps but try not to look so foolish. 

On 7/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thor 4 or 44 or whatever should do good. There’s no shortage of jackasses that like this crap. 

See, I said that before it was even released. Not much out of Mooney beforehand. 

I said it would do fine. Numerous times. So what is your point? It’s just won’t make what it could have. 

It's been out worldwide for 3 days. Maybe you want to wait to take your dumb victory lap. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

See, I said that before it was even released. Not much out of Mooney beforehand. 

I know you need a win bad but you need to at least let the game get two weeks in. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

It's been out worldwide for 3 days. Maybe you want to wait to take your dumb victory lap. 

I make you crazy. Read mutha Fuka, read! 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I know you need a win bad but you need to at least let the game get two weeks in. 

So when it does well you’re gonna say what? That I said it wouldn’t? Looks like I did already win. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Are you so dopey that you think the movie is the only thing affecting stock price?

It's not as clean and simple as "double its budget to turn a profit." You don't know what their marketing budgets and all that are.

And the movie has been out worldwide for 3 days. I know you like to take early victory laps but try not to look so foolish. 

You’re the one that said what the budget was and how much it “made”’so far. So WTF are you taking about? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So when it does well you’re gonna say what? That I said it wouldn’t? Looks like I did already win. 

You set up a parameter that is not measurable. It won't "do what it would have." What is what it could've done? 5 times? 7 times? The most it has done in the series of films is 4.5X. If it hits that that is reasonable or are you going to shift goalposts to another town yet again?

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You set up a parameter that is not measurable. It won't "do what it would have." What is what it could've done? 5 times? 7 times? The most it has done in the series of films is 4.5X. If it hits that that is reasonable or are you going to shift goalposts to another town yet again?

I’m just applying common sense, Sean. If you don’t have access to a huge movie crazy market like China I’m confident in saying you won’t make as much as you could have. Do you really disagree with that? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m just applying common sense, Sean. If you don’t have access to a huge movie crazy market like China I’m confident in saying you won’t make as much as you could have. Do you really disagree with that? 

And I'm saying you can't enter a discussion with a marker that is not measurable. Without some clear defined measuring stick it is impossible to have this discussion. Do you really disagree with that?

• Haha 1

And I'm saying you can't enter a discussion with a marker that is not measurable. Without some clear defined measuring stick it is impossible to have this discussion. Do you really disagree with that?

Yes. It’s about maximizing profits. You can’t do that if you can’t sell to a huge customer. That doesn’t mean you can’t turn a profit. Just not as much. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. It’s about maximizing profits. You can’t do that if you can’t sell to a huge customer. That doesn’t mean you can’t turn a profit. Just not as much. 

WHAT IS A FAIR AND MEASURABLE AMOUNT THAT YOU THINK THEY COULD MAKE AND WHAT IS THE NUMBER YOU THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

On some issues like this one, the CCP is making good decisions that have a positive effect. So, you take allies where you can get them, I suppose. It just rubs me wrong that the Amerikan film industry should feel the need to cater to what China wants. China has their own agenda which is in many ways abominable, although thankfully promoting traditional family values and opposing the LGBTQ+-~ agenda suits their interests as well. Having my kids not exposed to this LGBTQ garbage is one of the few reasons left to remain in this stupid country.

Ideally, the domestic audience should be the ones telling the industry to get focked, that we don't want woke films, by refusing to put money into them, while relegating whatever China wants to a sort of a third tier objection. This is a religious crusade for them. They want to foist their degenerate values and morals on the rest of the US population and they don't care about the money they lose in China. The primary oppositions should be fought at that level, while kicking them in the pocketbook is a forgone conclusion.

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

WHAT IS A FAIR AND MEASURABLE AMOUNT THAT YOU THINK THEY COULD MAKE AND WHAT IS THE NUMBER YOU THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE?

I guess whatever they made in the previous incarnations of this stupid shite in China. Will that do? 

I guess whatever they made in the previous incarnations of this stupid shite in China. Will that do? 

But what if they make 4X their budget even without China. That is still doing measurably well. 

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

On some issues like this one, the CCP is making good decisions that have a positive effect. So, you take allies where you can get them, I suppose. It just rubs me wrong that the Amerikan film industry should feel the need to cater to what China wants. China has their own agenda which is in many ways abominable, although thankfully promoting traditional family values and opposing the LGBTQ+-~ agenda suits their interests as well. Having my kids not exposed to this LGBTQ garbage is one of the few reasons left to remain in this stupid country.

Ideally, the domestic audience should be the ones telling the industry to get focked, that we don't want woke films, by refusing to put money into them, while relegating whatever China wants to a sort of a third tier objection. This is a religious crusade for them. They want to foist their degenerate values and morals on the rest of the US population and they don't care about the money they lose in China. The primary oppositions should be fought at that level, while kicking them in the pocketbook is a forgone conclusion.

People want to be entertained. Always have. There’s power in controlling how they are. 

But what if they make 4X their budget even without China. That is still doing measurably well. 

Of course. But not as much. And the point of a business is to make as much as possible. Disney’s agenda is getting in the way of that. Which is my point. Disney isn’t getting canceled, for the umpteenth time. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course. But not as much. And the point of a business is to make as much as possible. Disney’s agenda is getting in the way of that. Which is my point. Disney isn’t getting canceled, for the umpteenth time. 

They made family friendly content for decades but then stopped to use their large market share for pushing woke religious values and hoped / thought they could get away with it and parents would go along without noticing or objecting, then got pissed off when they did.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

China banning a Thor movie has a positive effect?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

China banning a Thor movie has a positive effect?

Yes. Was I not clear in what I wrote? 

Hollywood wants these woke films to both make money and foist their perverted values on people who watch them. Although the CCP is a less than stellar ally, it's good that China is hurting their bottom line by blocking movies promoting the LGBTQ agenda. In Thor's case, the studio must have taken that into consideration but figured that the Marvel Universe is a strong enough engine to make money without need of marketing the movie in China.

In a normal world, Hollywood would be making upstanding movies, China's opinion doesn't matter, and everyone would applaud Hollywood for thumbing their noses at China. But we live in bizarro world, where Hollywood's perverts are making degenerate movies, so when China blocks them on the grounds or morality and decency, they're aligning with the good guys and doing the world a favor by depriving the studios of revenue.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Yes. Was I not clear in what I wrote? 

Hollywood wants these woke films to both make money and foist their perverted values on people who watch them. Although the CCP is a less than stellar ally, it's good that China is hurting their bottom line by blocking movies promoting the LGBTQ agenda. In Thor's case, the studio must have taken that into consideration but figured that the Marvel Universe is a strong enough engine to make money without need of marketing the movie in China.

In a normal world, Hollywood would be making upstanding movies, China's opinion doesn't matter, and everyone would applaud Hollywood for thumbing their noses at China. But we live in bizarro world, where Hollywood's perverts are making degenerate movies, so when China blocks them on the grounds or morality and decency, they're aligning with the good guys and doing the world a favor by depriving the studios of revenue.

So you are pro-censorship?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

So you are pro-censorship?

No.

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yet almost once a week you post in here to make some statement about how Disney is being hurt and then walk it back immediately when reality punches you square in the face. 

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Having my kids not exposed to this LGBTQ garbage is one of the few reasons left to remain in this stupid country.

There are hundreds of thousands of gay people in the world and nothing with ever stop this.  When I see comments like yours I see a parent trying to shelter their kids from reality.  They are going meet gay people early in their lives.  I'm curious if you have already taught your children to hate gay people.

Having gay people in a movie does not make it woke anymore, it makes it realistic.  

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What is Disney's agenda?  Haven't you said "go woke, go broke" about them though?

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There are hundreds of thousands of gay people in the world and nothing with ever stop this.  When I see comments like yours I see a parent trying to shelter their kids from reality.  They are going meet gay people early in their lives.  I'm curious if you have already taught your children to hate gay people.

Having gay people in a movie does not make it woke anymore, it makes it realistic.  

Yup. These type of comments from Voltaire come off as sheltering and hateful despite the fact that I'm sure he isn't actively trying to teach hate to his kids. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What is Disney's agenda?  Haven't you said "go woke, go broke" about them though?

Of course he has- many times. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Stfu. 

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yet almost once a week you post in here to make some statement about how Disney is being hurt and then walk it back immediately when reality punches you square in the face. 

I haven’t walked back anything. That’s a fantasy you have. 

It would be good if someone with a minor in finance would come here and explain things to Mooney. He’s thick as a brick. 

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

No.

But you support China banning content that doesn't fit their agenda.  That's censorship.

This is the problem with th Alt Right, they support censorship of things they don't like.  I'm old enough to remember when the republican party used to support all free speech.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean- you read as very pro-censorship. Or pro China. 

Either  I didn't explain it clearly in my two attempts or you have reading comprehension problems. The two posts are about five times longer than they need be because I go into depth on this issue. I don't have the time or energy to re-write the same thing a third time.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It would be good if someone with a minor in finance would come here and explain things to Mooney. He’s thick as a brick. 

You look like a complete fool everytime you bump this thread, trying to justify your retarded argument and failing every single time

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Either  I didn't explain it clearly in my two attempts or you have reading comprehension problems. The two posts are about five times longer than they need be because I go into depth on this issue. I don't have the time or energy to re-write the same thing a third time.

tldr; Yes I support censorship on content that doesn't fit my morality.

Voltaire lives in China, one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to human rights, yet he praises this country for banning gay content.  Dude has lost it.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Someday they will but not early in their lives, no. They're 9th, 8th, and 4th grade and they live in a place where there aren't any openly gay people. All the couples my children have ever run across in their lives are male-female( :lol: me as well unless online counts) . That hadn't by design, it turned out to be an accidental side benefit of living here. Having my kids not getting influenced by the LGBTQ agenda has become a contributing factor for why we stay in this increasingly stupid country though. Sometimes the CCP actually gets something right.

The kids are aware of gayness and are aware that it's widespread in the US but I don't know how much it registers. They haven't ever come across any when they've been in the US.

I'd like to point out that the situation is no different than it was like in the US in 200. It's only been since I left that the US has went bonkers with all this gay stuff. Previously it had always been out of sight / out of mind. Not coincidentally but for that reason, we didn't have any of these mental problems or gender confusion issues generated bythe LGBTQ activists. That never sprouted up until the freak show took over culture and went mainstream.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not coincidentally but for that reason, we didn't have any of these mental problems or gender issues. That never sprouted up until the freak show took over culture and went mainstream.

Yeah, no mental problems or gender confusion until the year 2000. :lol:

33 minutes ago, vomit said:

Voltaire lives in China, one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to human rights, yet he praises this country for banning gay content.  Dude has lost it.

The US was the same way thoughout it's history until the degenerates took over culture ten minutes ago.