Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Magic Kingdom completely sold out our for 7 straight days

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/07/entire-disney-park-unavailable-orlando-visitors-th1/

Someone didn’t read the article. What a moron 

11 hours ago, vomit said:

Go woke go broke?

Morons of a feather moron together. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone didn’t read the article. What a moron 

Huh?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Huh?

Lowered capacity. One theme park out of 7. You either didn’t read it or you can’t understand it. Either way, you have confirmed your moron status.  Nice job. 

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lowered capacity. One theme park out of 7. You either didn’t read it or you can’t understand it. Either way, you have confirmed your moron status.  Nice job. 

Its sold out.  No more reservations.  They started doing this reservation thing during covid.  And when it hits capacity it is packed, from what people say.

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Its sold out.  No more reservations.  They started doing this reservation thing during covid.  And when it hits capacity it is packed, from what people say.

Yeah. Like when the Jaguars put a tarp on the upper deck. Reduced capacity. What can’t you understand? Then again, you think revenue equals profit.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Limited capacity” is still estimated to be at 80-90% apparently (seems like there is no official number)

4fkj.gif

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All this good news……

You're so pathetic. :lol:

Why do you want to slap fight about Disney so bad?  Is this personal?  Do you just need attention?

On 7/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, Baker Boy said:

I think you did. 

That wasn't literally that they were the ones buying tampons.....you guys are reaching so bad at this point. 

On 6/30/2022 at 6:55 AM, Sean Mooney said:

Also, does HT think a 12 year old girl might not need to buy tampons?

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

That wasn't literally that they were the ones buying tampons.....you guys are reaching so bad at this point. 

Then why did you write it? I think it shows your ignorance on the subject. 

18 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Then why did you write it? I think it shows your ignorance on the subject. 

You are being an obtuse moron at this point. It wasn't that they were literally buying them. It was essentially do you think they wouldn't need to use, thus necessitating, them being bought.

You know what I was saying but are stretching like crazy to try and play gotcha. Doesn't work in this instance. 

Thor 4 or 44 or whatever should do good. There’s no shortage of jackasses that like this crap. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are being an obtuse moron at this point. 

No you wrote ‘buy’ and will not admit your mistake. All you had to do was post ‘I meant - use not buy - my mistake.’

When the debate is lost, name calling and slander becomes the tool of the loser."

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

No you wrote ‘buy’ and will not admit your mistake. All you had to do was post ‘I meant - use not buy - my mistake.’

When the debate is lost, name calling and slander becomes the tool of the loser."

Keep reaching. You'll eventually grasp those straws. 

China blocks release of Thor. Ouch. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

China blocks release of Thor. Ouch. 

Probably because it looked stupid.  You can't do a Ryan Reynolds movie without Ryan Reynolds.  It just doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Probably because it looked stupid.  You can't do a Ryan Reynolds movie without Ryan Reynolds.  It just doesn't work.

It was due to overt lgbtq content. 

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Should they make their movies based on what China deems appropriate?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If they want access to a huge market they should. Or just make less money. Up to them. They had no problem with China before the shift to the woke. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If they want access to a huge market they should. Or just make less money. Up to them. They had no problem with China before the shift to the woke. 

Or people could quit being offended by everything.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think that when they make a Ryan Reynolds type of movie, Ryan Reynolds should be a main character... not a bunch of losers acting like Ryan Reynolds.  

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was due to overt lgbtq content. 

I'm sure it was.  I don't watch stuff like that anymore.  Those types of movies tend to be 50 minutes of activism and 30 minutes of bad movie content, and 10 minutes of quality entertainment.  Not worth my time.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

China doesn’t care what people think. They still have slaves. 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think that when they make a Ryan Reynolds type of movie, Ryan Reynolds should be a main character... not a bunch of losers acting like Ryan Reynolds.  

I haven't payed close attention to the trailers so I didn't notice it was trying to be a Ryan Reynolds type movie.  What makes it like that?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

China doesn’t care what people think. They still have slaves. 

Maybe Disney doesn't care what China thinks with some of their movies? :dunno:

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't payed close attention to the trailers so I didn't notice it was trying to be a Ryan Reynolds type movie.  What makes it like that?

Watch the trailer.  It's terrible.  It literally looks like they're making a Dead Pool/Van Wilder/Blade 3/Waiting movie, and all they while you're waiting for Ryan Reynolds to pop in with a clever witticism, but it never comes.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Watch the trailer.  It's terrible.  It literally looks like they're making a Dead Pool/Van Wilder/Blade 3/Waiting movie, and all they while you're waiting for Ryan Reynolds to pop in with a clever witticism, but it never comes.

The reviews seem to be decent.  Fans on Rotten Tomatoes have given it an 81% so far.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The reviews seem to be decent.  Fans on Rotten Tomatoes have given it an 81% so far.

Then go watch it, what do you want me to tell you. :dunno:

Personally, I don't go by Rotten Tomatoes.  If their 3 minute trailer totally turns me off, I'm not going to watch it.  Rotten Tomatoes gave the new Spider Man movie 93%.  My nephew and his friends asked me to take them to that and watch it with them.  I banned them from movie suggestions for 6 months because the movie sucked.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Maybe Disney doesn't care what China thinks with some of their movies? :dunno:

Thanks captain obvious. Any other insightful observations you care to bestow upon us? This is a discussion about business. Woke is costing them, like I have been saying. Here’s more proof. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Then go watch it, what do you want me to tell you. :dunno:

Personally, I don't go by Rotten Tomatoes.  If their 3 minute trailer totally turns me off, I'm not going to watch it.  Rotten Tomatoes gave the new Spider Man movie 93%.  My nephew and his friends asked me to take them to that and watch it with them.  I banned them from movie suggestions for 6 months because the movie sucked.

I'll watch it when it's on Disney Plus.  I've enjoyed all the Marvel movies I've seen so far.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thor 4 or 44 or whatever should do good. There’s no shortage of jackasses that like this crap. 

None at all

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I may have missed it, but did someone say they are offended? (I didn't read all the posts) There is a difference between  disliking woke culture/practice and being "offended" by it.

I don't like woke tv shows or movies so I don't watch them. Not offended.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fock this. The customer is always right.

The best way to fight back against it is withhold your dollars and eyeballs. The entertainment industry has no claim on my attention or my wallet even when they don't violate my values, and especially not when they go out their way to do so. The point of enough people saying "no" to woke movies is to make them lose money so as to reconsider what they are doing.

If they cater to the woke crowd and enough people like their woke movies, then they'll make money so they can go make more woke movies. No problem there,  I respect everyone's right to make those decisions. On a cultural level, I like seeing woke movies flop and non-woke movies succeed but I can only control my own spending habits, which speaking for myself, I'll wait for something else.

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Fock this. The customer is always right.

The best way to fight back against it is withhold your dollars and eyeballs. The entertainment industry has no claim on my attention or my wallet even when they don't violate my values, and especially not when they go out their way to do so. The point of enough people saying "no" to woke movies is to make them lose money so as to reconsider what they are doing.

If they cater to the woke crowd and enough people like their woke movies, then they'll make money so they can go make more woke movies. No problem there,  I respect everyone's right to make those decisions. On a cultural level, I like seeing woke movies flop and non-woke movies succeed but I can only control my own spending habits, which speaking for myself, I'll wait for something else.

Thor won’t flop. But it won’t realize it’s potential either. Go woke leave a fortune on the table. Not good for business. 

So the budget for Thor: Love and Thunder was 250 million and it has already made 303 million worldwide. Also- according to Deadline, 

Outside of North America, Love and Thunder grossed $15.7 million from 17 markets on its opening day, surpassing the first-day overall results of Thor: Ragnarok (2017) by 39%.[150] Its weekend gross was $159 million from 47 markets, making it the MCU's ninth-largest overseas debut ever and the third-largest for any Hollywood film released in the COVID-19 pandemic. It set several international box office milestones in its opening weekend, marking the second-highest pandemic opening in Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines, while earning the third-highest in numerous territories, including Brazil, Italy, Thailand, Singapore and Argentina. As of July 10, 2022, the film's largest markets internationally are Korea ($15.3 million), the United Kingdom ($14.8 million), Australia ($13.8 million), Mexico ($11.8 million) and India ($10.3 million)

But yes- let's clutch pearls because China won't show it. Also, if making 53 million dollars is now "being canceled" maybe the dopey people arguing "canceled" need to define what that term means. 

It must suck for HT to get truth f#@%ed as much as he does. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So the budget for Thor: Love and Thunder was 250 million and it has already made 303 million worldwide. Also- according to Deadline, 

But yes- let's clutch pearls because China won't show it. Also, if making 53 million dollars is now "being canceled" maybe the dopey people arguing "canceled" need to define what that term means. 

It must suck for HT to get truth f#@%ed as much as he does. 

All this good news and yet the stock was down over 2 pct today. Weird. And a movie has to double its budget to turn a profit. You didn’t know that? So they haven’t made anything yet. But they will. Just not as much. Owned. 

Also for informational purposes:

Thor was made for 150 million and made 450 million worldwide so 3X its budget.

Thor: The Dark World was made for ~160 million and made 645 million so ~4X its budget.

Thor: Ragnarok was made for 180 million and made 853 million so like ~4.5X its budget.