Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

There is no common sense when you change the definition of "Losing Money" to be "Making money, but maybe not as much as you can"

Companies make decisions based on revenue projections.  When actual revenue comes in way under projection the money spent based on those projections can cause the company to loose market and profit.  It leads to drastic changes to correct course, like massive layoffs.  It's loosing money.

Wouldn't expect Tiny Town IT Repair Co. to know those basics though.  

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They never said anything about Disney being in the red though.  They are saying the same thing I'm saying.

They have, multiple times, and then when proven wrong, they pivot to the "Well they may not be losing money they're just not making as much as they can" argument.  And if that's the argument, then everyone in the world loses money.  Its dumb.

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Companies make decisions based on revenue projections.  When actual revenue comes in way under projection the money spent based on those projections can cause the company to loose market and profit.  It leads to drastic changes to correct course, like massive layoffs.  It's loosing money.

Wouldn't expect Tiny Town IT Repair Co. to know those basics though.  

:lol:

Anyway, the big miss was on the expense side, not the top, hence the cost cutting.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

Anyway, the big miss was on the expense side, not the top, hence the cost cutting.

Guy has been loooooosing arguments on semantics for pages now picks up on some typos.   :lol:

24 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Guy has been loooooosing arguments on semantics for pages now picks up on some typos.   :lol:

Guy who calls people stupid can't pass a 3rd grade spelling exam. :lol:

• Like 1

Disney’s live-action movie “The Little Mermaid” brought in $117.5 million at the US box office in the fifth-best opening for Memorial Day weekend in history, according to Box Office Mojo.

Go woke...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So much good news. Lol. 

Did you hear they replaced the pasty white girl with a black?  Don't let your kids watch.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did you hear they replaced the pasty white girl with a black?  Don't let your kids watch.

They haven’t asked. They play sports and participate in real life activities.  Going to the movies is a rare occasion. That and playing video games are for unimaginative kids and their lazy parents. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They haven’t asked. They play sports and participate in real life activities.  Going to the movies is a rare occasion. That and playing video games are for unimaginative kids and their lazy parents. 

Yeah you never see kids that play sports watching a movie, good point.

• Haha 3

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Yeah you never see kids that play sports watching a movie, good point.

I said going to the movies, dopey. Learn to read. We have movie night every week. Most of them are pre-woke. Santa Claus brought a Nintendo switch this year.  I haven’t seen anyone playing that in months. Makes me happy.  

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said going to the movies, dopey. Learn to read. We have movie night every week. Most of them are pre-woke. Santa Claus brought a Nintendo switch this year.  I haven’t seen anyone playing that in months. Makes me happy.  

Can you define "pre woke"?

Also, your kids ages seem to fluctuate every month. Almost as if they might not be real. 

Is Disney canceled yet?

I mean they changed a bunch of words and stuff in the Little Mermaid movie songs to represent a new era of consent and all that and they did the best opening ever for a live action Disney remake.

So canceled. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, your kids ages seem to fluctuate every month. Almost as if they might not be real. 

I assume he means from ~pre-2017ish and likely a classic, when Disney was a company trusted with making kid-friendly content.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Is Disney canceled yet?

I mean they changed a bunch of words and stuff in the Little Mermaid movie songs to represent a new era of consent and all that and they did the best opening ever for a live action Disney remake.

So canceled. 

Consent to what?  

7 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Consent to what?  

They changed lyrics to "Kiss the Girl" so it represents getting verbal consent before kissing someone.

They also cut a verse out of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" where Ursula is implying to Ariel that young girls should not speak out of turn. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

They changed lyrics to "Kiss the Girl" so it represents getting verbal consent before kissing someone.

They also cut a verse out of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" where Ursula is implying to Ariel that young girls should not speak out of turn. 

I'm glad they did.  I always cringed during that scene when my daughter watched that.  Ariel was her favorite princess, but I always thought that lobster was a little rapey.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm glad they did.  I always cringed during that scene when my daughter watched that.  Ariel was her favorite princess, but I always thought that lobster was a little rapey.

Yeah the thing is "woke" is not a bad thing. It's been turned into a bad thing by the cultural warriors. 

56 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Really? Have any proof of that ? Just lying again. Sad.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Really? Have any proof of that ? Just lying again. Sad.  

Can you define "pre woke"

Also I said "seem to" on the second question. Just a hunch that your kids might not exist. 

15 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Can you define "pre woke"

Also I said "seem to" on the second question. Just a hunch that your kids might not exist. 

King of lame, ancient, internet tropes. You bore. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

King of lame, ancient, internet tropes. You bore. 

Fine...I'm sure your very real wife got all hot and bothered one night hearing about how you were owning people on a fantasy football message board. And then when you finally finished one of your almost 90,000 posts she was like "You can stick pig knuckle in me" and you contorted yourself like crazy into a deeply satisfying 5 seconds and shot a wad into her and nine months later the doctor ripped a kid out of her. And I'm sure that very real kid(s) is/are super impressed and brags to all their friends about how their dad is the best because he averages over 11,000 posts a year on a lightly trafficked fantasy football and can't show up to their very real sporting events because he absolutely has to tell some person what Tucker Carlson thinks.

Now with that being said- can you define "pre woke"?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Fine...I'm sure your very real wife got all hot and bothered one night hearing about how you were owning people on a fantasy football message board. And then when you finally finished one of your almost 90,000 posts she was like "You can stick pig knuckle in me" and you contorted yourself like crazy into a deeply satisfying 5 seconds and shot a wad into her and nine months later the doctor ripped a kid out of her. And I'm sure that very real kid(s) is/are super impressed and brags to all their friends about how their dad is the best because he averages over 11,000 posts a year on a lightly trafficked fantasy football and can't show up to their very real sporting events because he absolutely has to tell some person what Tucker Carlson thinks.

Now with that being said- can you define "pre woke"?

Tl/dr.  Boring I’m sure. 

So the Little Mermaid is no longer a pale white redhead but a hot mulatto chick.  I'm O.K. with that.  Does that mean that the Black Panther can now be portrayed by an Asian guy?

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

So the Little Mermaid is no longer a pale white redhead but a hot mulatto chick.  I'm O.K. with that.  does that mean that the black panther can now be portrayed by an Asian guy?

It would be funny so go for it...

Maybe sometime soon we can get a reverse Mulan with a boy in the role. Maybe he is fighting for the army of women or something. 

Being as the Little Mermaid was written by Hans Christian Andersen she was written as essentailly Danish.  is it not cultural appropiration to change her genetics?

23 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It would be funny so go for it...

Maybe sometime soon we can get a reverse Mulan with a boy in the role. Maybe he is fighting for the army of women or something. 

So a male fighting for the Amazons.  Pretty sure there was a Tarzan movie back in the 60's that did this.

Tarzan and the Amazons, 1945 starring Johnny Weismuller

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So a male fighting for the Amazons.  Pretty sure there was a tarzan movie bqack in the 60's that did this.

Tarzan and the Amazons, 1945 starring Johnny Weismuller

I wonder if someone on the radio back then was screaming about the wokeness of it all?

Maybe the little Mermaid, being an acquatic creature, shares chromatophore capabilities with octopus and nautilus and she can change hues for camophlage purposes.  Maybe one day she is a big-eyed redhead pretty clearly underage, and the next a mulatto chick a bit closer to the age of consent.  If so I wonder, can she do Salma Hayek from say 30 years ago?

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Can you define "pre-woke"?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I wonder if someone on the radio back then was screaming about the wokeness of it all?

I think back then we were just hoping for a bit of thigh and cleavage from both Jane and the Amazon Queen.  

36 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Define it then. What is "pre-woke"?

Maybe a list of movies?

Sandlot was nice. 

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ooof.  Nah.  Just say no. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sandlot was nice. 

Lots of people argue that movie is misogynistic. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Lots of people argue that movie is misogynistic. 

I don’t know any of those idiots. You must know all of them.