Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

43 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Disney is not losing money for focks sake.

They are still planning to spend $17B in Florida over the next 10 years

Just one sign of a company losing money is watching it cancel a $1 billion project.

Another is they fire their CEO. A third is that their stock being half of what it was a year ago. A fourth is they laid off 4000-7000 employees last month. https://wdwnt.com/2023/04/disney-begins-second-wave-of-layoffs-aiming-for-4000-by-thursday/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Dummy, Disney can't change laws.  They simply exercised their first amendment rights as they are protected to do, under the citizens united ruling, the conservative case that allows corporations to say whatever they want and donate to political causes they support.  Conservatives wanted this, and now they will lose in court.  Fock around and find out. 

Wrong.  They said they would use their power to get it overturned.  Big mistake. Costing them billions. They aren’t in charge. Imagine siding with a corporation that employs slave labor instead of the people? What’s the matter with you? Have you any principles? 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Just one sign of a company losing money is watching it cancel a $1 billion project.

Another is they fire their CEO. A third is that their stock being half of what it was a year ago. A fourth is they laid off 4000-7000 employees last month. https://wdwnt.com/2023/04/disney-begins-second-wave-of-layoffs-aiming-for-4000-by-thursday/

Disney is a public company, and like all public companies they are subject to SEC regulations, one of which is the filing of 10k and 10q reports, which state the financials of the Corp.  According to these reports, Disney is making a profit.  That means they are not losing money.

And this is not debatable.  These are public, audited documents.

So when you say Disney is losing money because x, y, z, it's a lie.  You don't get to have an opinion here.  The facts are against you.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wrong.  They said they would use their power to get it overturned.  Big mistake. Costing them billions. 

What power does a corporation have to overturn laws?

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Disney is a public company, and like all public companies they are subject to SEC regulations, one of which is the filing of 10k and 10q reports, which state the financials of the Corp.  According to these reports, Disney is making a profit.  That means they are not losing money.

And this is not debatable.  These are public, audited documents.

So when you say Disney is losing money because x, y, z, it's a lie.  You don't get to have an opinion here.  The facts are against you.

Here's that ... if you can make sense of it, I can't.  https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NYSE/DIS/sec-filings/

I'm sure your evidence is right there, all you have to do point it out for me. I tried and failed miserably when my eyes glazed over at the gobblygook.

It seems to me that those four things plus losing 4 million subscribers in India and making movies that always bomb because only LGBTQ activists watch them also affects their profitability, but you're right, I can't read the mumbo-jumbo reports, they may as well be written in Urdu, so I could easily be wrong. Can you do that for me? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Here's that ... if you can make sense of it, I can't.  https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NYSE/DIS/sec-filings/

I'm sure your evidence is right there, all you have to do point it out for me.

It seems to me that those four things plus losing 4 million subscribers in India and making movies that always bomb because only LGBTQ activists watch them also affects their profitability, but you're right, I can't read the mumbo-jumbo reports, they may as well be written in Urdu, so I could easily be wrong. Can you do that for me? Thanks.

Disney revenue for 2022, $87B, that's how much money they brought in.  Gross profit was $32B, that's revenue minus costs to produce goods.  Net profit was $3B, which is gross profit minus all other allowable expenses.  They did not lose money.  HTH.

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Disney revenue for 2022, $87B, that's how much money they brought in.  Gross profit was $32B, that's revenue minus costs to produce goods.  Net profit was $3B, which is gross profit minus all other allowable expenses.  They did not lose money.  HTH.

This says they made $82B in 2022, not mentioning either $87B gross nor $32B net, and makes no mention at all about expenses or net profit/loss. It also makes comparisons to 2021, which has always served as a useful gauge all our lives, but is not of much use this year with COVID skewing the numbers. 

https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/the-walt-disney-company-reports-82-billion-in-revenue-for-2022-fiscal-year/

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This says they made $82B in 2022, not mentioning either $87B gross nor $32B net, and makes no mention at all about expenses or net profit/loss. It also makes comparisons to 2021, which has always served as a useful gauge all our lives, but is not of much use this year with COVID skewing the numbers. 

https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/the-walt-disney-company-reports-82-billion-in-revenue-for-2022-fiscal-year/

82.7B, yes, I accidentally put $87, my mistake.

At least you now understand they're not losing money.

This is a bloodbath.  Someone tie a tourniquet for Gutterboy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did Disney lose money last year?

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Losing money is the new making money!!!

"I know it sounds completely contradictory and absurd but if you don't think about then it makes sense!"

- Dirty GutterPedo and the Boys

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did Disney lose money last year?

They lost 7k employees.  It’s all good. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They lost 7k employees.  It’s all good. 

They made money.  You're wrong.  Deal with it.

34 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Losing money is the new making money!!!

"I know it sounds completely contradictory and absurd but if you don't think about then it makes sense!"

- Dirty GutterPedo and the Boys

This is you waving the white flag

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Crickets.

Tardcore pilot destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

They pay lawmakers.  First day observing politics?

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

They pay lawmakers.  First day observing politics?

It was a rhetorical question for tardcore.  But yes, they all do it.  Tardcore thinks this is something new Disney invented.

23 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It was a rhetorical question for tardcore.  But yes, they all do it.  Tardcore thinks this is something new Disney invented.

No I don’t think it’s new. What’s new is someone not only stood up to them, but focked them right in the asss.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I don’t think it’s new. What’s new is someone not only stood up to them, but focked them right in the asss.  

And he's getting sued over it, and he's gonna lose, and end up focking himself in the ass, thanks to citizens united and the Republicans that made it happen.  Karma is a b1tch

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And he's getting sued over it, and he's gonna lose, and end up focking himself in the ass, thanks to citizens united and the Republicans that made it happen.  Karma is a b1tch

Coming from an expert on the subject. 

Liberals are so stupid.

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Coming from an expert on the subject. 

Liberals are so stupid.

Peefoam is back! What happened to League Champion? 😂 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No one was messing with Disney until they got out of line and decided they would change laws that the people of Florida wanted. Who do they think they are? We have money so we make the rules ? Not this time. Tough shite. 

There is no way you believe all the stupid things you say. It's theater right?

58 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

There is no way you believe all the stupid things you say. It's theater right?

He's not a real person

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Peefoam is back! What happened to League Champion? 😂 

Dude can't take a break and go do something else for 10 minutes without posting it here online.

"Hey everyone!! I'm in New York for the day!!! Hey everyone!! I'm on my family vacation!! Hey everyone!! I'm still an idiot that lives in philthadelphia!!! Hey everyone!! I voted for fetterman again!! Hey everyone!!  I'll let you know when I'm going the hardware store to ask the guy how to hammer a nail!!"

Focking talk about being a mental midget with no life. 

• Thanks 1

You guys are arguing about petty crap now. It’s simple, they are not making as much money as they could be making. Some would say they are losing money, basically because they are missing out on making more. Technically they are still making money overall.  Disney is still doing fine though and this is a dumb argument. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some would say they are losing money, basically because they are missing out on making more.

Well then we're all losing money if that's the logic.  I mean I could be door dashing right now instead of relaxing.

But fortunately we have definitions for what it means to make money or lose money.  And Disney if definitely making money.  Everyone else here loses.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Well then we're all losing money if that's the logic.  I mean I could be door dashing right now instead of relaxing.

But fortunately we have definitions for what it means to make money or lose money.  And Disney if definitely making money.  Everyone else here loses.

I get what they’re saying though. It’s how businesses look at things a lot of times. It’s similar to saying time is money.

I don’t think saying they are losing money is the best way to describe it. They are just missing out on opportunities to make more, which can hurt a business in the long term. 

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Can't believe gutter still posts in this thread. Yikes.

Why?

11 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Why?

Because he can't understand how someone can post coherent thoughts and move a conversation along considering he has added nothing of any value to this forum- and presumably nothing of value to his personal life.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Because he can't understand how someone can post coherent thoughts and move a conversation along considering he has added nothing of any value to this forum- and presumably nothing of value to his personal life.

Every time I read another post of Mooney whining during working hours I feel so happy I got my kids out of the public school system.  

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Every time I read another post of Mooney whining during working hours I feel so happy I got my kids out of the public school system.  

I'm sure your made up kids appreciate you telling them you can't do things with them because you have to post on a Fantasy Football message board 24/7. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I'm sure your made up kids appreciate you telling them you can't do things with them because you have to post on a Fantasy Football message board 24/7. 

💤

Just now, RogerDodger said:

You know you're a real dummy when Hawkeye has to explain things to you.   :lol:

Someone here needs to use common sense.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Someone here needs to use common sense.

There is no common sense when you change the definition of "Losing Money" to be "Making money, but maybe not as much as you can"

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

There is no common sense when you change the definition of "Losing Money" to be "Making money, but maybe not as much as you can"

You know what they are saying though, right?  It's pretty common for a business to say they are losing more in instances like that.  A business can lose money in certain areas while still making a profit at the end of the year.  One of the biggest problems my business has is losing money on warranties.  We still make money at the end of the year though.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You know what they are saying though, right?  It's pretty common for a business to say they are losing more in instances like that.  A business can lose money in certain areas while still making a profit at the end of the year.  One of the biggest problems my business has is losing money on warranties.  We still make money at the end of the year though.

Yes, I get what they are saying, but it doesn't make it any less retarded.  They're only saying it as a way to save face with a  losing argument.  Disney is not losing money.  That is a fact.

Is your business turning a profit?  Yes.  Are you losing money? No.  It's not that hard.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes, I get what they are saying, but it doesn't make it any less retarded.  They're only saying it as a way to save face with a  losing argument.  Disney is not losing money.  That is a fact.

Is your business turning a profit?  Yes.  Are you losing money? No.  It's not that hard.

They never said anything about Disney being in the red though.  They are saying the same thing I'm saying.