Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Some dude with a funky knife weapon tries to kill a republican candidate during a speech, got arrested, charged with a felony, and then let go without bail.  

Man who tackled Lee Zeldin attacker 'enraged' that suspect was immediately released under NY bail laws

Chenelly, a candidate for New York State Assembly, said he followed the man as he climbed on stage. He then took the attacker down after he attempted to punch the congressman while wielding a weapon.

"I could see what looked like a razor or knife of some sort," Chenelly said on "Fox & Friends First" Friday.

"As he attempted another swing, I tackled the attacker from the back and slammed im to the ground where several of us were able to restrain him and get the weapon away from him."

Chenelly and others held the attacker until police arrived.

He said the man showed no warning signs of his intentions prior to climbing on stage.

The suspect, identified as David G. Jakubonis, was charged with attempted assault in the second degree. Jakubonis was released from police custody within hours of his arrest under New York’s crime laws. 

In a tweet early Friday, Zeldin, the Republican nominee for governor, recalled Jakubonis saying "you’re done" just before the attack. Zeldin then predicted the suspect would be immediately released.

Chenelly said he was "enraged" to learn of the release, saying Jakubonis was "not in a good place" following the altercation.

"Unfortunately, it's very much in line with the policies we've seen here in New York State that have led to surges in crime and violent crime," he said.

Chenelly, executive director of AMVETS, spoke with Jakubonis and believes he was suffering from a mental health issue. He also believes Jakubonis is a U.S. military veteran due to his attire and mention of service in the Iraq War.

"As a veterans advocate, it just kind of struck me. I told him that he's got to deal with what he had done. And once he was through that, I would make sure that he gets the services that he needs."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/man-tackled-lee-zeldin-attacker-enraged-suspect-immediately-released-ny-bail-laws

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

but gramma is in solitary for taking a selfie

Yep. Not to mention she is like 79 and has cancer. 

Slowest “assassination attempt” ever?

Agree he shouldn’t have been released without bail though 

This is NY’s last stand in November. If we continue on this path of destruction I have to consider leaving.  

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is NY’s last stand in November. If we continue on this path of destruction I have to consider leaving.  

Seemingly all the latest and greatest NY politicians all say they are going to do better but end up doing the same thing their predecessors do. Fail bigly.

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Seemingly all the latest and greatest NY politicians all say they are going to do better but end up doing the same thing their predecessors do. Fail bigly.

Nah. This place was great under Pataki, Rudy and Bloomberg.  Cuomo is the one that focked it all up. And the hipsters that moved into Brooklyn and elected Deblasio. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah. This place was great under Pataki, Rudy and Bloomberg.  Cuomo is the one that focked it all up. And the hipsters that moved into Brooklyn and elected Deblasio. 

Well, you have to reach back 9-10 years for the most recent. It's a new world order now in this country. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Well, you have to reach back 9-10 years for the most recent. It's a new world order now in this country. 

The rest of the state doesn’t and didn’t have to follow NYC’s lead. Cuomo took all of that leftist retardation and imposed it statewide. Only the shrieking libs in NYC thought bail reform was a good idea. Also, we say bail reform but there’s a lot more to it than that in that legislation.   None of it good. There’s enough political will in the state to overturn that with a Republican governor.  But she isn’t going to do it. May tweak it to run on it, but the crux of it will remain. 

Saw several Zeldin signs around rural Binghamton area while visiting my parents last week.

Is he definitely running against the current governor lady or are the signs for primary against another R candidate? 

23 minutes ago, DonS said:

Saw several Zeldin signs around rural Binghamton area while visiting my parents last week.

Is he definitely running against the current governor lady or are the signs for primary against another R candidate? 

He won the primary. He has a chance. Jew, veteran, married to a Dominican, and he’s from Long Island. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

A knife weapon? Well thank God he didn't have a gun firearm.

Why? Dude is mentally ill. He could have run up there and stabbed the heck out of him but he was confused in a way.

Tried to kill? :lol:

Man this right wing fahgits are the biggest bunch of puzzys.

Tried to kill him :lol:  He walked up to him and tried to grab his mic for focks sake.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He won the primary. He has a chance. Jew, veteran, married to a Dominican, and he’s from Long Island. 

Oh good if anything Jews are under represented in US government.

20 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Oh good if anything Jews are under represented in US government.

Agree. But this is hymie town. 

34 minutes ago, vomit said:

Tried to kill him :lol:  He walked up to him and tried to grab his mic for focks sake.

Check out this groomer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, vomit said:

He had a brass knuckle type dagger in his hand the way it’s designed to be held to stab someone.  WTF are you taking about? It’s clear as day. Also, Hochul has been posting Zeldins campaign appearance locations and calling him dangerous. Nice. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He had a brass knuckle type dagger in his hand the way it’s designed to be held to stab someone.  WTF are you taking about? It’s clear as day. Also, Hochul has been posting Zeldins campaign appearance locations and calling him dangerous. Nice. 

With the speed his arm was going, even if he wasn’t stopped it wouldn’t have even ripped Zeldin’s shirt.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He was grabbing the mic.  If he wanted to he could have slit his throat.  He didn't.  He didn't try and kill him.  Stop being a baby already.  Enough.

6 minutes ago, vomit said:

He was grabbing the mic.  If he wanted to he could have slit his throat.  He didn't.  He didn't try and kill him.  Stop being a baby already.  Enough.

Then why did he have a dagger in his hand? Not in his pocket, in his hand? I forgot. You never dealt with a crazy person before. Or had a fight.  Never mind 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then why did he have a dagger in his hand? Not in his pocket, in his hand? I forgot. You never dealt with a crazy person before. Or had a fight.  Never mind 

Dagger?  You mean that swiss army knife?  If he wanted to kill him, he could have.  We all saw th video.  Stop being Mr tough guy mall cop

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Dagger?  You mean that swiss army knife?  If he wanted to kill him, he could have.  We all saw th video.  Stop being Mr tough guy mall cop

You didn’t see it.  Stop running your mouth until you do. And sorry to break it to you, there are still some tough guys left. You might call it toxic masculinity.  And it terrifies you. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn’t see it.  Stop running your mouth until you do. And sorry to break it to you, there are still some tough guys left. You might call it toxic masculinity.  And it terrifies you. 

I saw the video, Paul blart, he didn't try and kill him.  Stop being a baby.  You're scared of everything.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn’t see it. 

I already posted it silly 

2 minutes ago, vomit said:

I saw the video, Paul blart, he didn't try and kill him.  Stop being a baby.  You're scared of everything.

You’re an inadequate little twerp. Sorry about that. It’s so obvious, toxic masculinity. 

11 minutes ago, vomit said:

You’re as dumb as the ones who only talk about the selfies and never the assaults on Jan 6. Congrats, you have become what you despise. And there were no malls where I worked.  It there were supermarkets with vegetables and fruit. 

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

Man who tackled Lee Zeldin attacker 'enraged' that suspect was immediately released under NY bail laws

Chenelly, a candidate for New York State Assembly, said he followed the man as he climbed on stage. He then took the attacker down after he attempted to punch the congressman while wielding a weapon.

"I could see what looked like a razor or knife of some sort," Chenelly said on "Fox & Friends First" Friday.

"As he attempted another swing, I tackled the attacker from the back and slammed im to the ground where several of us were able to restrain him and get the weapon away from him."

Chenelly and others held the attacker until police arrived.

He said the man showed no warning signs of his intentions prior to climbing on stage.

The suspect, identified as David G. Jakubonis, was charged with attempted assault in the second degree. Jakubonis was released from police custody within hours of his arrest under New York’s crime laws. 

In a tweet early Friday, Zeldin, the Republican nominee for governor, recalled Jakubonis saying "you’re done" just before the attack. Zeldin then predicted the suspect would be immediately released.

Chenelly said he was "enraged" to learn of the release, saying Jakubonis was "not in a good place" following the altercation.

"Unfortunately, it's very much in line with the policies we've seen here in New York State that have led to surges in crime and violent crime," he said.

Chenelly, executive director of AMVETS, spoke with Jakubonis and believes he was suffering from a mental health issue. He also believes Jakubonis is a U.S. military veteran due to his attire and mention of service in the Iraq War.

"As a veterans advocate, it just kind of struck me. I told him that he's got to deal with what he had done. And once he was through that, I would make sure that he gets the services that he needs."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/man-tackled-lee-zeldin-attacker-enraged-suspect-immediately-released-ny-bail-laws

This $hit never happened before Mrs Doubtfire was president. 100% TRUE............................................

7 minutes ago, vomit said:

He was simply trying to cut his nut$ off but swayed his attack when he discovered he (zeldin) is nothing but a nutle$$ coward, just like all the other repub cowards. I heard the zeldin guy scratched and screamed like hell (he took female defense classes, we all know) to stave off the attack, just like all the other repub b!tche$.

12 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

He was simply trying to cut his nut$ off but swayed his attack when he discovered he (zeldin) is nothing but a nutle$$ coward, just like all the other repub cowards. I heard the zeldin guy scratched and screamed like hell (he took female defense classes, we all know) to stave off the attack, just like all the other repub b!tche$.

i found rusty!  hes the guy in the white shirt.  his mom is the girl in the charger blue shirt

12 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Jeez. What a nut case. This crazy dude always been here? Seems tiring. 

You know, it's a bummer that the Boston Marathon bombers made a boo boo when they set their pressure cooker to the wrong setting. They were clearly trying to make themselves a snack for after the race, and made a miscalculation.

Oh-Oh, Spaghetti-O's. 

The fhags in this thread that say the Zeldin attack is no big deal are the same people who think Jan6th is the darkest day in American history. Go figure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vomit said:

says the moron who follows AOC who thought she was going to be killed at the "insurrection" even though she was evacuated an hour before it occurred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The fhags in this thread that say the Zeldin attack is no big deal are the same people who think Jan6th is the darkest day in American history. Go figure.

The same people who think this guy “tried to kill” Zeldin are the same people who think Jan6th was only about taking some selfies.  Go figure

And I for one don’t think this is “no big deal.”  But attempted assault was probably the correct charge.

19 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Jan 6 was a bunch of retards taking selfies, this "attack" was nothing.  Both sides are cowardly phaghits.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

i'm sure you will be missed

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, vomit said:

seriously? your defense of this is "if he wanted to, he could have slit his throat (with the weapon he had in his hand)... but he didn't, so he clearly had no intention to do harm to him.... nothing to see here",......    jfc  :wacko:

if someone ran onstage with biden, holding and adult diaper, you'd be calling for life in prison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

seriously? your defense of this is "if he wanted to, he could have slit his throat (with the weapon he had in his hand)... but he didn't, so he clearly had no intention to do harm to him.... nothing to see here",......    jfc  :wacko:

if someone ran onstage with biden, holding and adult diaper, you'd be calling for life in prison.

The thread title says that he tried to kill him.  He never tried to kill him.  This is republicans being whiny littl babies, acting like teenage girls, being fygs.

And if it was Biden I would say the same thing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1