Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Week 1 overreaction and panic thread

This thread is for people who think their fantasy season is over.    complain here.

it feels appropriate given how the rams crapped the bed on opening day

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

This thread is for people who think their fantasy season is over.    complain here.

We already have this thread. It's titled 'Cancel Out Theory'...

haha not quite the same but ok

for those of you wanting an explanation from McVay

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/cam-akers-playing-time-rams-bills/ekblhgoxumex1r2inkjufi7o

I am more worried about Akers than Arob.   Arob runs deeper routes (usually) and Stafford didnt have time to throw (7 sacks is a lot for one game)

I believe the dominant D line significantly hindered Robinson's effectiveness.   but Akers I'd be worried about if I owned him (I dont)

The elbow. 

The oline should cause some concern for anyone that has a Rams player. Stafford was running for his life last night, and was relying heavily on that established rapport he has with Kupp. If the rams oline can get it together Robinson should have better days ahead, but Akers looked like a rb that tore his achilles. 

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The elbow

was that really the problem?  hard to say.   I know someone commented yesterday about his throwing motion  being different.  I dont remember if that was on the game thread here or if it was the commentators but stafford completed 29/41 which isnt bad.   it hasnt killed the accuracy though maybe its a case where he cant throw deep..    thats where your average depth of throw stats will help us a bit.

personally I think the pass rush likely was the reason because those deeper throws require more time in the pocket and from what I saw, he didnt have that much time to throw.

I admit, I only watched a little less than half the game as I was trying to get the kids to bed and they were not being cooperative (as sometimes happens) but when I watched it didnt look like he had a ton of time back there to dissect the defense.

I have said on another thread that Stafford is one guy who you probably will wish you sat him for at least one and possibly 2 games throughout the year.  maybe this is just #1.

the game did look pretty sloppe early on.   but the Bills D really looked good.    as mentioned earlier, Akers having only 3 carries is not helping anyones fantasy team and right now he looks like hes the backup based on usage.

Robinson at least played and was on the field the whole game.  so he has hope of turning this around.

remember, this is a defense many felt would be best in league this year so todays performance likely represents the worst case for the year.  if thats the case Staffords 29/41 for 240 yards and 1 TD isnt great, but if this is as bad as it gets all year, it might be okay.

I'd be interested in seeing if that throwing motion was different.  I didnt notice anything but I also wasnt looking.

What I read is that his throwing motion looked fine, he didn’t have time , but there is some question about the elbow.  

I would be less concerned if I’m a Robinson owner, but if I did own him , I would look to make a move to a Rams fan. 

I find Akers situation last night very interesting, I mean I can see him coming back next week as the lead rb1 on the team. 

I think that’s going to be a tough situation through out the season, I did see that K Williams has a injury. 

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I'll go ahead and overreact to ARob's 2.2 points last night.  The guy has sucked for years, yet I for some reason thought he'd be a great WR3.  Nope.  

Lol this is a very low key rant from you.  

Rams center is now out for some time and a OT looks questionable for their next game.  

And K Williams out for a while.  

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Rams center is now out for some time and a OT looks questionable for their next game.  

And K Williams out for a while.  

ouch

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Lol this is a very low key rant from you.  

lol.  It helps the league I started him I played against Akers.  Don't worry, there will be lots of FU's to go around on Sunday

Stafford historically has thrown rockets even when off balance. That’s where it will show up this year when his elbow is bothering him. 
Van Jefferson is a much better wr3 than the guys they had out there too.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:31 AM, Ray_T said:

Didn't you read anywhere that the Rams would start slow? New o-coordinator,  banged up (Akers) RBs, new overrated Alan Robinson, etc. My draft plan included not ending up with any Rams.

5 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Didn't you read anywhere that the Rams would start slow? New o-coordinator,  banged up (Akers) RBs, new overrated Alan Robinson, etc. My draft plan included not ending up with any Rams.

I dont care.   I noticed people were already panicing about the rams and every year we create a panic thread at the start of the year, so I figured I'd start one.

no biggie.

panic if you wanna panic.   dont panic if you dont wanna.   but some are definitely gonna panic and this is the place to complain about your lot in fantasy football this year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont care.   I noticed people were already panicing about the rams and every year we create a panic thread at the start of the year, so I figured I'd start one.

no biggie.

panic if you wanna panic.   dont panic if you dont wanna.   but some are definitely gonna panic and this is the place to complain about your lot in fantasy football this year

Amen. 

On 9/9/2022 at 10:31 AM, Ray_T said:

I think people saying I told you so on Cam Akers could be an overreaction.  If he’s not fully healthy yet he could need some more time to get closer to 100%. And considering the Rams lost 31-10 it seems like they probably need him to be more involved.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

And considering the Rams lost 31-10 it seems like they probably need him to be more involved.

If 31-10 is the problem, I doubt more of 3 carries for 0 yards is the answer.

48 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You never know, maybe they had money on over 😆

Put a fork in McCaffery now and forever.  Dumb pick by me and I knew what the 5 guys ahead my knew at the draft except that I'm not very bright.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well as the thread title states, I would say judging someone on 3 carries in the first game would be an overreaction 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Well as the thread title states, I would say judging someone on 3 carries in the first game would be an overreaction

Agreed.  One would also want to take into consideration all his other carries in the game, any receptions he might have had, any recent injury history he's suffered, etc.

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I think people saying I told you so on Cam Akers could be an overreaction.  If he’s not fully healthy yet he could need some more time to get closer to 100%. And considering the Rams lost 31-10 it seems like they probably need him to be more involved.

I think thats the point.

I've been banging the drum all offseason.  Achilles does not heal fully in 12 months.  if he will ever be good its likely next season.  but a serious achilles tear is potentially a career ender and needs to be treated accordingly.

hes not a guy I was gonna buy as an RB1 or 2.

maybe as a low end RB3 but I had serious concerns about that injury.  if he pans out thats fine but I figured the odds of him having a good year were less than 50-50 and I stand by that.

I'm dropping my 3 first rd picks:  Mccaffrey, Henry, and Ekeler.  It's obvious their coaches simply refuse to give them the ball.  Should have drafted QBs and WRs, and rolled with guys like Burkhead at RB

19 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I'm dropping my 3 first rd picks:  Mccaffrey, Henry, and Ekeler.  It's obvious their coaches simply refuse to give them the ball.  Should have drafted QBs and WRs, and rolled with guys like Burkhead at RB

Lol.  Last season playing ff? 

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol.  Last season playing ff? 

Nah, I'm going to play one more year. But I'm going about the draft differently.  Instead of my usual:  RB, WR, RB, TE format to start the draft, I'll be going QB, TE, K, Def.  

51 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Mahomes is a has been and the Chiefs won’t make the playoffs without Tyreek…. 

well, they played well today from the look of it.

3 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

is it me, or are you looking a bit.... ungrateful.

I know its the panic thread, but give it another week or two.   Im sure things will calm down.

Dak Prescott is a complete garbage QB, oh wait...