Sign in to follow this  
MDC

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2022-23 NBA thread

Just can't win when it counts...

Rivers, who delivered his 16th straight winning season as a head coach, lost for the 10th time in a Game 7, including five in a row. The defeat to the Celtics also marked the ninth straight time that Rivers lost with a chance to reach the conference finals.

On 5/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, Gepetto said:

I'm a Lakers fan and I'm shocked they've made it this far.

lakers are no question the best team but they are injury prone and no-one would be shocked if they get beat at some point then AD or lebron reveal some major injury.  i mean i really dont think lebron is healthy fight now and is playing thru it.  

1 hour ago, posty said:

Just can't win when it counts...

Rivers, who delivered his 16th straight winning season as a head coach, lost for the 10th time in a Game 7, including five in a row. The defeat to the Celtics also marked the ninth straight time that Rivers lost with a chance to reach the conference finals.

How many shots has Doc taken in the past 5 years? He is a much better coach than Mazula. Who won? 

Coaching in the NBA means less than any other sport. Except maybe baseball. Players league. 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

How many shots has Doc taken in the past 5 years? He is a much better coach than Mazula. Who won? 

Coaching in the NBA means less than any other sport. Except maybe baseball. Players league. 

coaching does matter in the NBA playoffs.  not really in the regular season tho.

The lakers are going to have to suck next year so they can draft Bronny in 2024

How is it the Spurs get the #1 pick again when there is another all timer to be drafted? 

I'm flying to Denver in a minute without much to do tomorrow night.   Maybe I'll go watch Christian Braun...

On 5/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, Gepetto said:

Jimmy Butler is the best player on the court!

Grant Williams deserves the MVP for the heat for game 2. What a focking loser clown. Joe Mazula is the worst coach in NBA history. 

• Haha 2

On 5/17/2023 at 10:59 AM, edjr said:

The lakers are going to have to suck next year so they can draft Bronny in 2024

Lebron goes where he wants 

Jaylen Brown still being straight up terrible at dribbling a basketball is absolutely wild to me.

LETS GO CELTICS! :clap: 

9 hours ago, Reality said:

Jaylen Brown still being straight up terrible at dribbling a basketball is absolutely wild to me.

8 Turnovers for JB  7 for the rest of the team :lol: 

He will be traded and hopefully Marcus Smart too

Madroola fired as well

Some people paid over 2k to see that rubbish.  A fool and his money

Celts were completely gutless last night. What a pathetic showing.

After Game 6, everyone was treating Derrick White as if he was Dave Roberts or Big Papi. It turns out he was just Carlton Fisk.

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Celts were completely gutless last night. What a pathetic showing.

After Game 6, everyone was treating Derrick White as if he was Dave Roberts or Big Papi. It turns out he was just Carlton Fisk.

They only shot 42 threes. 50 and they win :lol:   Mazula is such a solid coach.

Really looking forward to Mazula being fired and Smart being hired as player/coach

They were not gutless at all. The Celtics are simple. hit their 3s and they win. 

32 minutes ago, edjr said:

They only shot 42 threes. 50 and they win :lol:   Mazula is such a solid coach.

Really looking forward to Mazula being fired and Smart being hired as player/coach

They were not gutless at all. The Celtics are simple. hit their 3s and they win. 

Well, they were gutless in the sense that the pressure got to them and they choked on their 3s.

I agree on Mazzula. He's out of his league. The WNBA is more his speed.

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well, they were gutless in the sense that the pressure got to them and they choked on their 3s.

I agree on Mazzula. He's out of his league. The WNBA is more his speed.

Fair point. Jaylen Brown 1 for 9 and 8 turnovers.  Heat MVP

7 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

DWhite had a great year in Boston.  Hopefully, they keep him around. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Just thought I would bump this, cause you know(or maybe you don't), the Nuggets won the :first:

It was a really bad Finals series. Credit for Miami for getting there, but they were the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference at best and the Bucks or Celtics would have put up a better fight.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

It was a really bad Finals series. Credit for Miami for getting there, but they were the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference at best and the Bucks or Celtics would have put up a better fight.

eh, the games were mostly competitive. agree with the rest.

7 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

eh, the games were mostly competitive. agree with the rest.

The individual games were competitive but the outcome of the series was never in doubt. The Bucks or Celtics at least push it to 6 games or more and seem to have a shot.

Miami is a really good organization and they work hard. They were just totally outclassed.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

The individual games were competitive but the outcome of the series was never in doubt. The Bucks or Celtics at least push it to 6 games or more and seem to have a shot.

Miami is a really good organization and they work hard. They were just totally outclassed.

yep. impressed with what Miami has done the last few years, but ultimately they were outclassed in the end. Gabe Vincent, Caleb Martin, Strus, and Duncan are nice players, but will only get you so far. Playoff Jimmy died in the finals too.

Just now, Herbivore said:

yep. impressed with what Miami has done the last few years, but ultimately they were outclassed in the end. Gabe Vincent, Caleb Martin, Strus, and Duncan are nice players, but will only get you so far. Playoff Jimmy died in the finals too.

I wish my team had Miami’s grit. 

Bucks-Nuggets would have been compelling with Jokic going up against Giannis. Would not be surprised if that ends up being next year's Finals.