Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

1 minute ago, squistion said:

I think most historians would say that were equally horrible. I think the Holocaust is just as bad as anything Stalin did and to say that being equated with the acts of Hitler is some sort of "win" is an odd take. 

This is where we're at. Totally okay with banning books, and rationalizing how Communists (libs) are worse than Nazi's (cons) because they killed more people. Un-fuking-real.

• Thanks 1

I think most historians would say that were equally horrible. I think the Holocaust is just as bad as anything Stalin did and to say that being equated with the acts of Hitler is some sort of "win" is an odd take. 

Per the bolded: Yeah, I know.  i said as much in my post.

Also, can you comprehend words?  Or did you just read the first couple of them and then respond with a knee-jerk?

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

This is where we're at. Totally okay with banning books, and rationalizing how Communists (libs) are worse than Nazi's (cons) because they killed more people. Un-fuking-real.

Yeah, okay drama queen.  :lol:

It's almost as if you guys don't understand words strung together.  Don't know if you're purposefully doing that or if you're really that slow.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hitler doesn’t nearly have Stalins and Maos body count. It’s not even close. If Hitler just killed peasants there wouldn’t be as much made of it. There never is.  

So, Hitler only had 8-10 million people killed so he is not as bad as Stalin or Mao? That doesn't sound like a winning argument. 

Just now, squistion said:

So, Hitler only had 8-10 million people killed so he is not as bad as Stalin or Mao? That doesn't sound like a winning argument. 

No one said that.  That's you not reading a full post, making a straw man and then accusing others of saying that.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Per the bolded: Yeah, I know.  i said as much in my post.

Also, can you comprehend words?  Or did you just read the first couple of them and then respond with a knee-jerk?

Actually, you really didn't as while you said both were "absolute abominations" you are pretty clear that you consider the Communists much worse.

both were absolute abominations but if we're talking on the shear deadly and brutality scale, the Communists win 100% of the time, EVERY time

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

Did I say that? Why do liberals always do this? And I wasn’t making an argument. I stated a fact that many/ most people are unaware of. The point is to show that Stalin and Mao are as bad, not that Hitler isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No one said that.  That's you not reading a full post, making a straw man and then accusing others of saying that.  :lol:

Reread the post, Hitler is considered to be not as bad as Stalin. 

Reread the post, Hitler is considered to be not as bad as Stalin. 

The general notion is that Hitler is the end all be all of despots. I’m raising Stalin and Mao up to that level, not knocking Hitler down.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Actually, you really didn't as while you said both were "absolute abominations" you are pretty clear that you consider the Communists much worse.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The general notion is that Hitler is the end all be all of despots. I’m raising Stalin and Mao up to that level, not knocking Hitler down.  

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

Don't do it for me.  Do it for yourself so you don't sound like a moron.  

Fair.   
I am new around these parts, since it's so prevalent of a position, I am sure you would be able to name several posters who are in favor of trans surgeries for minors. 

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fair enough.

I mean, that was evident from the first post so not sure why you tried to strawman everyone.  Pay attention next time, read the FULL post and actually try to understand what people are saying.  It will serve you well if you do that instead of looking like a fool.

26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I mean, that was evident from the first post so not sure why you tried to strawman everyone.  Pay attention next time, read the FULL post and actually try to understand what people are saying.  It will serve you well if you do that instead of looking like a fool.

I did pay attention and it wasn't evident IMO. The OP needs to be more precise, so there wont be another foolish looking comparison made.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is so wrong, and it captures a fundamental problem in education today.  The luxury of exploring liberal (more specifically, progressive) ideas only works in a society which is grounded in sound conservative (i.e., existing) principles.  Humans are largely "software-driven," born with a glorious largely-empty memory bank which wants to be filled. 

Let's use the trans issue as an example.  Boys want to learn how to be boys, and girls want to learn how to be girls.  Now, there may be a fraction of a percent who eventually determine that they are in the wrong body, but we can't teach young kids to the extreme here.  Anyway, it is with this (conservative) foundation (a boy is a boy, a girl is a girl) that one could later in life begin to explore alternative ideas.

This extends to other areas.  For a society to function well, children need to learn basic conservative principles.  Be true to your family.  And to your community.  And to your nation.  And yes, to your culture.  Respect and listen to your elders -- they've got socks older than you, and they've lived long enough to know things.  Take personal responsibility.  These are what makes a society successful.

But liberalism has turned to leftism and it is breaking this model.  Screw family, community, nation, it's all about you and your hedonistic needs.  Boys can be girls and girls can be boys.  Not happy with your spouse today?  Get a divorce!  It's not your fault your kids don't apply themselves in school, it's racism, it's the teacher's fault, it's not my fault!  The structures which brought us to this point in evolution are being tossed aside because somebody was taught something in a DEI class; at this point Chesterton wouldn't even warn about the fence, he'd say fock it, you might as well tear another one down as well, what could go wrong?

In summary, the exploration of progressive ideas only works from the foundation of a functioning conservative base.

Hey @The Real timschochet, in case you missed this, I responded to your assertion that virtually all good in education comes from the Left.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, squistion said:

8-10 million? That's debatable 

• Like 1

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

8-10 million? That's debatable 

That's the number in the death camps that historians generally give, which does not include deaths caused by WW2. 

That's the number in the death camps that historians generally give, which does not include deaths caused by WW2. 

I thought it was 6 million. Now it's 8?

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I thought it was 6 million. Now it's 8?

6 million Jews and at least 2 million others (homosexuals, gypsies, political dissidents). That is from memory, I haven't looked up the exact estimated figures recently. 

48 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, okay drama queen.  :lol:

It's almost as if you guys don't understand words strung together.  Don't know if you're purposefully doing that or if you're really that slow.

Did you speak out against book banning and I missed it? I've seen a bunch of rationalizations and defenses of what's going on in FL, but no conservatives denouncing it here. You, RLLD, Jerry, Volty; the right wing guys that seem to be a bit more nuanced than the Tucker quoting, drive-by crowd and the guys I expect to have some honest discussion with; not a single one of you has said a peep about it. It's startling and sad.

Deep down most of us want the same things, we just disagree on how to get there, or so I thought. I'm not so sure now.

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Did you speak out against book banning and I missed it? I've seen a bunch of rationalizations and defenses of what's going on in FL, but no conservatives denouncing it here. You, RLLD, Jerry, Volty; the right wing guys that seem to be a bit more nuanced than the Tucker quoting, drive-by crowd and the guys I expect to have some honest discussion with; not a single one of you has said a peep about it. It's startling and sad.

Deep down most of us want the same things, we just disagree on how to get there, or so I thought. I'm not so sure now.

What is it that I'm supposed to denounce?  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

You really shouldn’t spew such nonsense and then call somebody else a putz- it makes you sound like a schmuck, lol. 

There are maybe 50 members of ANTIFA in the entire country. Such a huge threat. But nonetheless, do you even know what the word stands for? Obviously not. It stands for “anti-fascist”, as in Nazis aren’t their friends. 

JFC what a moron. 

50??? 🤣🤣🤣

Go back to your MSNBC drivel. So uninformed it’s scary people like you exist. 

Amiri Baraka was included in this.  I’m especially fond of his poem “ rape the white girls”.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t have a say. Did I say I did? Typical leftard, projecting what they think others are thinking. Justin is right about you. But thanks for proving my point amongst that garbage pile of words you strung together. I’ll make one concession, even though it is mutilation. I’ll call it a sex change operation.  You advocate for sex change operations on children. Sick. And considering that, I would give no credence to anything you or your kind have to say about the well being of children. Your ideology comes first, not them. 

Only the children the Left allows to be born.

You really shouldn’t spew such nonsense and then call somebody else a putz- it makes you sound like a schmuck, lol. 

There are maybe 50 members of ANTIFA in the entire country. Such a huge threat. But nonetheless, do you even know what the word stands for? Obviously not. It stands for “anti-fascist”, as in Nazis aren’t their friends. 

JFC what a moron. 

50. :lol:

And if a bird called itself a cat, you believe it's a cat. :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

No elected official in the Democratic Party has ever supported Antifa (that I am aware of) as its self-identified members are anarchists or believe in anarchy. And there is no proven connection between Antifa and BLM (outside of some Antifa members using the BLM protests to commit acts of violence and destruction of property).

I never said any elected official publicly support Antifa I said Antifa supports leftist ideology but I don’t expect you to comprehend that. Plus it’s pretty easy to tie the 2 together. I mean the minority whips he/she kid was just arrested with other Antifa militants for assaulting a police officer. 

Here’s the son of a Washington State rep.

Jacob Greenberg

Prosecutors say a 20-year-old man who hit a Seattle police officer on the head with an aluminum baseball bat during a 2020 demonstration calling for an end to racial injustice has been sentenced to five years in prison.”

You take me as the kind of person that has MSNBC on in the background all day and then drives around alone in your car with a mask on.

There are probably more than 50 (at least several hundred, but under a 1000 I would guess) but no one knows for sure since Antifa does not exist in this country as any sort of formal organization (with leaders and official members) so their actual numbers can not be verified. 

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Seek help jon. 

Critical Race Theory Teaches Our Children to Hate Their Country, Neighbors, and Themselves

Written by Kimberly Fletcher

Critical Race Theory isn’t new. It has been craftily injected into our societal thought behind closed doors for decades. It has held many labels from “Diversity Training” and “Black Studies,” to “Reconstructing Curriculum,” but the objective has always been the same; and though many people have penned the “curriculum” there is only one author.

Most reasoned people recognize it for what it is.

What we don’t understand is the “why” of it all. Why would someone purposefully try to make freedom bad, truth a lie and the American dream wrong? Why would anyone want to convince people they are either oppressed or an oppressor because of their gender or color?

That’s what a lot of parents are wondering as they show up en masse at school board meetings to protest this pernicious, agenda-driven “curriculum” being thrust on our children.

It is the “why” that led me to a teacher’s training in the winter of 2016 in hopes of finding at least some understanding if not answers.

What I discovered was quite alarming. So, I turned on my phone recorder to capture it all.

You can listen to the audio of the “training” on the Moms for America website

The program titled “Reconstructing Curriculum,” is a program sponsored by Minnesota Humanities which receives funding from Susie Buffett, Warren Buffett’s daughter. The instructor (who I will call Professor O) was a professor of Black Studies at the University of Nebraska Omaha. His “training” consisted of instructing the room full of teachers how to teach their students to recognize they are either racist or the victims of racism.

Professor O told the teachers that epistemologically the world will always be White privileged because all of our values, morays and culture are based on the moral judgements of White, European, heterosexual, theocratic Christian men. Because of that he said, we will always be a racist, sexist, homophobic culture even though we don’t realize it.

Professor O spoke of the need for free college because White privileged males are the ones that can afford it. He talked about time having no relevance, values being relative and White privilege permeating our culture.

At a teacher’s meeting in Omaha, which I previously wrote about, the instructor—a Black Lives Matter Leader—told teachers “Meritocracy is a myth. The idea that people can ‘pull themselves up by their bootstraps’ is a lie. It only works for those with privileges.”

A national organization named “Black Lives Matter at School” (BLMS) is infiltrating our children’s schools with a “new uprising for racial justice” which includes teaching globalism, transgender and queer affirming agendas as well as promoting racism and sexism. The program has already been endorsed by the National Education Association, the largest teachers’ union in the United States.

Our schools have become a very dangerous place for our children. It has been reduced to a propaganda breeding ground where our children are taught they are either oppressed or the oppressors. The left says, if you’re Black you’re told you’ll never succeed because White people won’t let you; If you’re a girl you’re told you’ll never succeed because men will always hold you down; If you’re a boy you’re a future rapist and if you’re a White man you’re a racist rapist.

Is it any wonder our kids are depressed and suicide is on the rise—especially among teenage boys? We have stripped our youth of everything that gives them purpose and passion. We have stolen the American Dream from them by telling them it doesn’t exist and denied them the opportunity to succeed by telling them they will always fail no matter how hard they try.

And that is the very reason parents—of all color—are standing up against this nonsense threatening our children. Moms are showing up at school board meetings and are starting Mom’s support groups, holding rallies and launching parent meetings. Moms for America Cottage Meetings are popping up in homes across the country with hundreds of moms joining a virtual Healing of America series online each week. Moms for Liberty has 27 chapters in 17 states with over 200 waiting in cue and Moms like Hannah Petersen are launching Facebook pages that grow to 10,000 members overnight. Moms are rising up to protect their children, inject commonsense and stand against this Marxist takeover.

Moms are realizing this is a war for the hearts and minds of our children but those trying to harm our children underestimated the powerful force of mothers defending their young. Mama Bears have been poked and Marxist Teachers Unions and government overlords have no idea what they’re in for. This is just the beginning.

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Fair.   
I am new around these parts, since it's so prevalent of a position, I am sure you would be able to name several posters who are in favor of trans surgeries for minors. 

Why does your profile picture show a dude ready to have his mouth filled?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Fair.   

Sure.  You've posted in the Trans Kids thread.  You know who they are unless you didn't read it before you posted in it.  And your takes in it come across as if you're in that camp for obvious reasons.  That's why its disingenuous to say all liberals are labeled such and such then conveniently drawing your line just short of surgery.  Quit playing the victim and let your argument stand on it's own.

And if you want to name names I'd start with Tim.  And if you go to the forum he came from, where you likely came from, there are several (more than one) who not only believe it they have kids who have had surgery.  I'm not aware of any child mutilators here, but, there are several that have admitted to showering with their children.  

The left are the ones that get college professors fired. 

47 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Sure.  You've posted in the Trans Kids thread.  You know who they are unless you didn't read it before you posted in it.  And your takes in it come across as if you're in that camp for obvious reasons.  That's why its disingenuous to say all liberals are labeled such and such then conveniently drawing your line just short of surgery.  Quit playing the victim and let your argument stand on it's own.

And if you want to name names I'd start with Tim.  And if you go to the forum he came from, where you likely came from, there are several (more than one) who not only believe it they have kids who have had surgery.  I'm not aware of any child mutilators here, but, there are several that have admitted to showering with their children.  

My position is that the surgeries shouldn't be an option for minors.  

I am not sure what you think my "takes" are, but feel free to ask me like a grown up.  

My overall take and philosophy is very much in the camp of let people live their lives and make their choices.  I don't want people telling me what to do, and I don't tell them what to do.  

Rare exceptions, of course, but this applies to trans issues, abortion, free speech, guns, all sorts of things.  Problem is people like you seem to confuse that with me being "for" something.  I can't help that, and if you think they are the same, we just agree to disagree.  

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

That was BEFORE the Commies really went on their killing spree.  

No it isn’t. By the time we became allied with Joe Stalin, he had already murdered over 30 million people. 

The CCP encouraged free speech. Until they took over. 

31 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

@The Real timschochet

Are you in favor of trans surgeries for minors? 

Not really relevant to this thread but it’s a fair question. 

The truth is…I’m not sure. I think that with parental approval, in consultation with doctors, it’s OK. Without parental approval I would lean against but suppose the parents are abusive? 

Here’s what I know: right wing politicians with their own agenda shouldn’t be involved. They have no business in these very personal matters. But as to whether someone under the age of 18 should be able to have this surgery without parental approval….I haven’t decided. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The truth is…I’m not sure. I think that with parental approval, in consultation with doctors, it’s OK. Without parental approval I would lean against but suppose the parents are abusive? 

Here’s what I know: right wing politicians with their own agenda shouldn’t be involved. They have no business in these very personal matters. But as to whether someone under the age of 18 should be able to have this surgery without parental approval….I haven’t decided. 

What are you waiting for? Hopeful the subject will disappear? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Imagine being a little boy 9 or 10, little bit on the sweet side but not ghey, crazy kooked out liberal mom thinks he's a girl because he picked up a doll one time and chops his off. Now he's 16 and wants to fock but he can't.