Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Why should I care about Hunter Biden?

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes we have lied and done some very bad things. But it’s not every war from Vietnam on. We were right to free Kuwait from Iraq. We were right to remove bad guys in Kosovo. We were right to remove the Taliban in Afghanistan despite how that turned out. We were right to remove Saddam Hussein. 
Isolationism is not an option. We can’t have a prosperous society without being involved in world affairs and sometimes that includes the use of our military. If you want to argue we should be more cautious about it, and less dishonest and sometimes corrupt, I’m with you. But I can’t go for the hibernation from the world that you appear to be in favor of. 

nope we went to those countries for oil and our own desires, nothing more

hell we spend years training the groups like Al Qaeda, The Taliban as our "freedom fighters" to take down govts and then we goto war with them years later, its been on going my entire life

the reason why liberals target young voters is cause they dont remember when we worked with and built up these groups, then they run on we must goto war to stop them propaganda

the left loves it some war

2 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

After Trump's 10,000 plus lies and Santos' prolly almost that many, Repubs think they can now just say whatever the hell they want .. and some will believe it .. or pretend to.

blah blah blah

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

blah blah blah

Wow, you got me there.

11 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

After Trump's 10,000 plus lies and Santos' prolly almost that many, Repubs think they can now just say whatever the hell they want .. and some will believe it .. or pretend to.

It's either funny or sad (I'm not sure which), that you don't see that the Democrats are no different.

10 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Anyone sticking up for Santos? Everyone wants him gone and he’s being investigated.  And they stuck a microscope up Trumps ass for 7 years. Bupkis. Now let’s take a look at Biden if it’s ok with you? 

Just switch the names from Joe Biden to Donald Trump and Hunter Biden to Don Jr. I’m sure the idiots here would have the same take. 

19 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Incidentally these are the same people that still believe Trump colluded with Russia and the Steele dossier was factually sound. 

It's pretty funny watching them spin on their heads trying to defend their masters, yet claim that's all the conservatives do.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

But it is not, I might suggest you read it again, as it would seem your bias is coloring your comprehension of what I wrote. 

I’ve read it twice now. It says, very clearly, that Biden did nothing wrong with regard to helping remove the dude in Ukraine, that it was not related to Burisma. What am I missing? 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve read it twice now. It says, very clearly, that Biden did nothing wrong with regard to helping remove the dude in Ukraine, that it was not related to Burisma. What am I missing? 

My link notes that Biden removed the prosecutor because he was in fact not prosecuting very much, seemed to be allowing these companies to get away with things.

So, lets break down my statments.

1) Burisma is corrupt, this is not a talking point. In fact Mr. Biden himself knew this, and THAT is why he wanted that prosecutor removed,
Factual statement, corroborated by my link

2)  HE appears to have know this well enough to compel the Ukrainians to get rid of a prosecutor who seems to have been very kind to these corrupt companies....
Factual statement, corroborated by my link, and later assertions by Biden, he was there to ensure this prosecutor was removed for being ineffective, and nothing to do with his son....at least that we know of

3) the fact that his son was being bribed by them is separate from this fact. SO in terms of the first point, its a not "fox" talking point so much as a Biden action point. 
I am not clear as to what your concern might be on this one 

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

My link notes that Biden removed the prosecutor because he was in fact not prosecuting very much, seemed to be allowing these companies to get away with things.

1) Burisma is corrupt, this is not a talking point. In fact Mr. Biden himself knew this, and THAT is why he wanted that prosecutor removed,

2)  HE appears to have know this well enough to compel the Ukrainians to get rid of a prosecutor who seems to have been very kind to these corrupt companies....
Factual statement, corroborated by my link, and later assertions by Biden, he was there to ensure this prosecutor was removed for being ineffective, and nothing to do with his son....at least that we know of

3) the fact that his son was being bribed by them is separate from this fact. SO in terms of the first point, its a not "fox" talking point so much as a Biden action point. 

Just W:shocking:W

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not only is your first statement not corroborated by your link, your link states the exact opposite. Biden wanted the prosecutor removed because it was US policy formulated by the State Department months earlier. It had nothing to do with Burisma. That’s what your link states. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Not only is your first statement not corroborated by your link, your link states the exact opposite. Biden wanted the prosecutor removed because it was US policy formulated by the State Department months earlier. It had nothing to do with Burisma. That’s what your link states. 

Burisma was the point of the topic, it was within the umbrella of the overall approach.  My point is simply that he was not there to protect his son, he was there to do the bidding of Obama.....which was to correct what was clearly a corrupt situation, and that included addressing this prosecutor.

Much has been made of the removal, and the link to his son, I just do not see it.  Sure he had him removed, and boasted about it, he was there to do a job and he did, as he should have.

So, let me get this straight.

Biden is so good he managed to get Viktor Shokin to become so horribly corrupt that groups of protestors took to the streets (on more than one occasion) in favor of having him removed. He also got the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Union (EU) on board. The cherry on top was the support of the Anti-corruption in Ukraine committee (which was bipartisan) sending a letter requesting Shokin’ s firing, as well. All to protect his son. That’s a lot of people looking out for Hunter Biden. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

So, let me get this straight.

Biden is so good he managed to get Viktor Shokin to become so horribly corrupt that groups of protestors took to the streets (on more than one occasion) in favor of having him removed. He also got the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Union (EU) on board. The cherry on top was the support of the Anti-corruption in Ukraine committee (which was bipartisan) sending a letter requesting Shokin’ s firing, as well. All to protect his son. That’s a lot of people looking out for Hunter Biden. 

Biden is part of the Stonecutters.

They still think it’s about protecting Hunter. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They still think it’s about protecting Hunter. 

:lol: Who do you think could do the most damage against, Joe? 

Just now, OldMaid said:

The DMV, they could give him a driver's license. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

Joe has a history of using family members as bag men. It’s undeniable. They access him via his family and he does their bidding. His brother is on tape touting his access to his brother, Joey.  Why on earth would Hunter be so sought after in all these deals otherwise? You think he gets millions because he’s so talented? 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Burisma was the point of the topic, it was within the umbrella of the overall approach.  My point is simply that he was not there to protect his son, he was there to do the bidding of Obama.....which was to correct what was clearly a corrupt situation, and that included addressing this prosecutor.

Much has been made of the removal, and the link to his son, I just do not see it.  Sure he had him removed, and boasted about it, he was there to do a job and he did, as he should have.

OK I misunderstood you. my apologies. 

But one of the points I made at the beginning of this thread was that this whole story is confusing- and Im someone who’s tried to follow it! If it’s that unclear to me, a self-admitted political junkie, can we really expect the general public to know what’s going on or care? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Joe has a history of using family members as bag men. It’s undeniable. They access him via his family and he does their bidding. His brother is on tape touting his access to his brother, Joey.  Why on earth would Hunter be so sought after in all these deals otherwise? You think he gets millions because he’s so talented? 

You continue to miss, or avoid the key point. Of course Hunter gets these jobs because people want to be close to Joe Biden. Of course the Bidens, like the Trumps and Clintons and Bushes and all the rest, use their positions of power to financially benefit themselves. This is as old as politics. 

But for it to be truly corrupt, you got to have a quid pro quo. Meaning, you’ve got to find an action that Biden took, as senator or VP or President, that he would not have taken otherwise. If you don’t have that you’ve got nothing. And I think you’ve got nothing. 

BTW, anyone notice how TimsCrotch is a huge gun control advocate but doesn't give a sh*t that Hunter Biden broke federal gun laws and hasn't been prosecuted.  Tim is very selective about when people should be prosecuted and when they shouldn't..........

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

OK I misunderstood you. my apologies. 

But one of the points I made at the beginning of this thread was that this whole story is confusing- and Im someone who’s tried to follow it! If it’s that unclear to me, a self-admitted political junkie, can we really expect the general public to know what’s going on or care? 

It is confusing, but lets agree that much of "Biden" can be confusing....

I think you have a poor communication by him to explain what he was doing, and that left enough room for Fox et al to leverage that ambiguity.  On this one I think Fox is overshooting, common sense should show us that this was not about Hunter at all....

1 minute ago, Strike said:

BTW, anyone notice how TimsCrotch is a huge gun control advocate but doesn't give a sh*t that Hunter Biden broke federal gun laws and hasn't been prosecuted.  Tim is very selective about when people should be prosecuted and when they shouldn't..........

I wasn’t aware of that. If he broke laws he should be prosecuted. 

You continue to miss, or avoid the key point. Of course Hunter gets these jobs because people want to be close to Joe Biden. Of course the Bidens, like the Trumps and Clintons and Bushes and all the rest, use their positions of power to financially benefit themselves. This is as old as politics. 

But for it to be truly corrupt, you got to have a quid pro quo. Meaning, you’ve got to find an action that Biden took, as senator or VP or President, that he would not have taken otherwise. If you don’t have that you’ve got nothing. And I think you’ve got nothing. 

To answer your question, there is no reason for you to care about Hunter Biden. Let it go.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I wasn’t aware of that. If he broke laws he should be prosecuted. 

Why am I not surprised by your ignorance?  🤣

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

BTW, anyone notice how TimsCrotch is a huge gun control advocate

Also not really. I believe in some gun control laws but not all. And I’m a fan of the Second Amendment. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I fell their investment was reciprocated. Regardless , there has been a coverup. 

Just now, craftsman said:

To answer your question, there is no reason for you to care about Hunter Biden. Let it go.

Yeah, I told him that like 3 pages ago.

Just now, Strike said:

Why am I not surprised by your ignorance?  🤣

Because you know that I don’t follow the right wing media which apparently reports every time Hunter Biden picks his nose? 

I know you won’t inform me about this so I’m going to look it up and get back to you. 

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

So long as the House plans to waste all of our time with taxpayer funded hearings on the matter, I won’t. 

Because you know that I don’t follow the right wing media which apparently reports every time Hunter Biden picks his nose? 

I know you won’t inform me about this so I’m going to look it up and get back to you. 

You do that, although you do have a track record of saying the above and then not following up.  So we'll see.......

Just now, OldMaid said:

Actually a little impressed by RRLD in this thread. 

RLLD Too!!!!

So long as the House plans to waste all of our time with taxpayer funded hearings on the matter.

8 years of going after Trump, including a soap opera made for tv special, and this is what you come up with as a reply? 

Jeez....

Just now, Strike said:

You do that, although you do have a track record of saying the above and then not following up.  So we'll see.......

OK here’s what I found from a source that I trust: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/06/hunter-biden-tax-gun-charges/

I knew about the tax charges but not about the gun violation. I remember reading some articles about this a few months back but the gun stuff must have slipped by me. My bad. 

Nonetheless: if he committed crimes, charge him, prosecute, and punish. No special favors. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

8 years of going after Trump, including a soap opera made for tv special, and this is what you come up with as a reply? 

Jeez....

Republicans should pay more attention to how that turned out for Democrats…

Republicans should pay more attention to how that turned out for Democrats…

Agree completely.

Someone has to be the adult.  If I could whisper in their ears I would beseech them to not weaponize things like impeachment as political levers like the Democrats.  Enough is enough!

But I can also understand the frustration.  The Democrats are like that younger sibling that is always doing bad stuff but the parents never hold them to account, but if the older sibling does it the offense is punishable.

It might seem a little unfair that Democrats get to punch away, but Republicans are expected to never to the same....

Again, not suggesting Republicans should replicate Democrat behavior at all, and please God I hope they dont.....