Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Black Female Republican councilman gunned down

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Oh, OK, thanks then.  Can you point out in your link where it says it was not a politically motivated crime?  Also point out where it explains why the FBI is involved if there is no chance it is politically motivated.

Thanks again.  :thumbsup: 

Is the FBI really involved?  This will be interesting to see why only 1 day after the event.  The Feds literally try to avoid local crimes.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

The link does not say that the crime was not politically motivated, it also does not say it was.  Come on man.  Also the FBI being involved doesn't mean it's political either.  Don't be stupid.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Is the FBI really involved?  This will be interesting to see why only 1 day after the event.  The Feds literally try to avoid local crimes.

That's what the article says.  New genius poster Jeff Probst thinks I'm stupid for thinking politics are involved.  If we are lucky, he'll grace us with the various reasons the FBI would be involved if there were not a chance it was politically motivated.  :thumbsup: 

The link also says

Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone told ABC News the councilwoman’s political position does not yet appear to have played any role in the homicide.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

If you wanted to kill a republican, why choose a councilwoman from focking sayreville NJ.  Get the fock outta here.

In all fairness, the fact she was an obscure GOP councilwoman doesn't mean there wasn't a political motive. 

Hopefully the person(s) responsible are located and held accountable to the fullest extent. 

"She was happy with her new husband. It seems. Happy with her daughter, and she was living the life, the American dream. She was a beautiful motivated person, who did very well in the community," Dwumfour's former campaign manager Karen Bailey Bebert said.

They should talk to the old husband

Law enforcement sources told News 4 that a significant number of shots appear to have been fired. Separately, neighbors suggested that there may be security camera footage showing Dwumfour talking to a man standing outside her vehicle just prior to the shooting.

31 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Hopefully the person(s) responsible are located and held accountable to the fullest extent. 

Hope you're not too shaken up about this.  Are you planning on attending the vigil?  It's not far from me, maybe we can meet for coffee

1 minute ago, Jeff Probst said:

Hope you're not too shaken up about this.  Are you planning on attending the vigil?  It's not far from me, maybe we can meet for coffee

No thanks. Just hate to see a life cut short where it had some promise.  Maybe if we all started caring a little more about these deaths there could be a way to come together.

Just now, RLLD said:

No thanks. Just hate to see a life cut short where it had some promise.  Maybe if we all started caring a little more about these deaths there could be a way to come together.

Its a tragic loss, and I like your suggestion.  We should put more care into murder victims on this board.

15 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

"She was happy with her new husband. It seems. Happy with her daughter, and she was living the life, the American dream. She was a beautiful motivated person, who did very well in the community," Dwumfour's former campaign manager Karen Bailey Bebert said.

They should talk to the old husband

Good call Kojak

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Its a tragic loss, and I like your suggestion.  We should put more care into murder victims on this board.

But in the right way.  I know we have the Chicago thread, but that is more for poking fun at policies that feed this kind of outcome.

Not sure how it matters much, but perhaps if a thread shows up here once in a while it would be useful to focus on the victim where possible. Dunno....

The FBI's New Jersey office issued a statement Friday saying it was aware of the investigation into the death of a 30-year-old council member found shot in her SUV and prepared to assist in the case as needed.

Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone, who is working with the Sayreville police to investigate, told ABC News the councilwoman’s political views do not yet appear to be a motive in the slaying

During a press conference for an unrelated incident on Friday, James Dennehy, the FBI special agent in charge of the Newark Field Office, said the agency is “aware of that incident and we are working with all of our partners in order to find out more about that incident.”

“We are aware of the investigation into the death of Councilwoman Dwumfour, in Sayreville Wednesday evening,” the FBI said in a statement, WABC reported Friday.

“We have talked with our local law enforcement partners at the Sayreville Police Department and the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office,” it said. “Should they ask us for any assistance, we will do all we can to help their investigation.”

So the FBI is not currently part of the investigation, but is ready to be if needed. And from the witness reports so far, they describe seeing a dude in a hoodie running from the scene.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jersey-councilman-fatally-shot-former-152642185.html

A borough councilperson was fatally shot in New Jersey this week, authorities have confirmed, marking the state's second attack in seven days where an act of gun violence resulted in the death of a local elected official.

Russell Heller, 51, was a council member in the township of Milford, near the border of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He was shot around 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning in the parking lot of the PSE&G Central Division headquarters building in Somerset, where Heller had worked as a supervisor for 11 years.

<skipping 4 paragraphs>

"Investigators have confirmed that Mr. Heller was a Republican Councilman for Milford Borough (Hunterdon County)," the statement read, according to CBS New York. "The investigation has revealed that the shooting of Mr. Heller was not politically connected with his elected office or political affiliation."

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hey guys, this isn't political! Not at all!

Correct, it's not, as reported in both cases.  Might want to shut your b1tch mouth before you look even dumber.

Sources familiar with the men told RLS Media that the incident resulted from a hostile work environment when Curtis was employed at PSEG. 

Preliminary investigation has revealed that the shooting was an isolated incident and Mr. Heller was the intended target.  

2 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Correct, it's not, as reported in both cases.  Might want to shut your b1tch mouth before you look even dumber.

Sources familiar with the men told RLS Media that the incident resulted from a hostile work environment when Curtis was employed at PSEG. 

Preliminary investigation has revealed that the shooting was an isolated incident and Mr. Heller was the intended target.  

And the bad guy killed himself. 

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hey guys, this isn't political! Not at all!

"Investigators have confirmed that Mr. Heller was a Republican Councilman for Milford Borough (Hunterdon County)," the statement read, according to CBS New York. "The investigation has revealed that the shooting of Mr. Heller was not politically connected with his elected office or political affiliation."

Don't bother to read the article, don't bother posting ignorant bullsh1t.

3 hours ago, paulinstl said:

Don't bother to read the article, don't bother posting ignorant bullsh1t.

I LITERALLY posted that it wasn't political.

Sorry, pal, but it appears "Ignorant bullshit" is solely your domain.  :lol:

22 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I LITERALLY posted that it wasn't political.

Sorry, pal, but it appears "Ignorant bullshit" is solely your domain.  :lol:

As sarcasm. Nice try.

1 hour ago, paulinstl said:

As sarcasm. Nice try.

Wait, wut?  You don't get to decide what is sarcasm to fit your agenda.  You f#cked up and knee-jerked your post and now you're trying to save face.

GTFO. 

On 2/9/2023 at 1:10 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

second councilman assassinated today

Who was the second?

On 2/2/2023 at 2:04 PM, Strike said:

Nothing you posted above makes any kind of point.  The point of bringing up Chicago is that the sheer numbers of people killed every week in Chicago dwards the number of people killed by cops, yet libs never talk about Chicago but act like the world is falling apart every time a cop kills a black person, even if justified.  Those same libs never mention when a white person is killed by a cop.   That doesn't mean we don't care about those people dieing.  In fact, WE DO, which is one of the reasons we mention them.  You libs don't seem to give a sh*t because you want to pretend like Chicago doesn't exist.  And we also care about this person, not because they're conservative, but because they're dead.  But again, since they're not a lib, YOU don't care.  That's the sad part.  It's all politics with you.  We actually care about the people dieing, regardless of party.

I don’t think you said the word libs enough times in this post.

And you don’t give a sh1t about people in Chicago, you bring it up as political whataboutisms.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think you said the word libs enough times in this post.

And you don’t give a sh1t about people in Chicago, you bring it up as political whataboutisms.

You're wrong, and I think you have an incorrect understanding of what a political whataboutism is.  I do care about the people of Chicago.  I care about all people who are unjustly killed.  Also weird that you're bringing up a week old post to try to "get" me.  You have an unhealthy obsession with trying to get some sort of revenge.  I guess I've made you look foolish one too many times.  Sorry about that.  The remedy is to stop acting foolish and not in trying to get back at me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

You're wrong, and I think you have an incorrect understanding of what a political whataboutism is.  I do care about the people of Chicago.  I care about all people who are unjustly killed.  Also weird that you're bringing up a week old post to try to "get" me.  You have an unhealthy obsession with trying to get some sort of revenge.  I guess I've made you look foolish one too many times.  Sorry about that.  The remedy is to stop acting foolish and not in trying to get back at me. 

Yeah, so weird that someone bumped a thread I hadn’t seen before.

Dumbass

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh, damn.  That's going to leave a mark.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Oh, damn.  That's going to leave a mark.

Sure enough, it did:

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, so weird that someone bumped a thread I hadn’t seen before.

Dumbass

:lol:

I think the second one has a racial element to it. You can tell by how the media reports/ doesn’t report it. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure you know how long a day is?

so now youre doing pimpadoosh grammatical schtick?

A second councilman was shot, TODAY meaning the day I am posting this comment

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so now youre doing pimpadoosh grammatical schtick?

A second councilman was shot, TODAY meaning the day I am posting this comment

Had you seen vikings4ever’s post before you posted?  Just noticed it was posted at the same exact time

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no we posted simultaneously

Gotcha.  I thought yours was in response to that story, sorry